Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
[OoC] Kipwani Contest! [Over! Thanks everyone!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:50 am
User Image

A Pokemon-inspired battle pride!

Quote:
IF YOU ARE GOING TO PUT IN A POKEMON-BASED CONCEPT:

Please make sure you check to see if the Pokemon is already claimed by someone else! No copies!

Pokemon-based SoA are not required for this pride. ALL SoA are welcome.

Welcome to my pride contest! YAY SHAMELESS ATTEMPT TO GET THINGS ROLLING. -cough- I mean, yay perfectly awesome contests!

Each little thing will have its own rule set, so make sure you read everything if you're interested in entering for something. Questions are welcome. Please feel free to post them in thread or PM them to me if it's something you'd like to keep more private. I reserve the right to change any of the rules or add new ones if I see something going on that I don't like. Anyone caught using mules or attempting to cheat in some way will be banned from this and any other contest I hold in the future. So don't be greedy!

Normal shop rules apply! You should know them by now, since you're in the guild and all. XD

If you would like to look up information concerning the pride, please check here for everything you'll need! Again, feel free to ask questions, but at least look at the info before you do. >>

If other colorists want to color things for this (lol) just drop me a line.

Starts
: Now
Ends: Depends on the event!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 am
User Image
I need a cert background!

I know, I'm horrible, but I couldn't think of a better way to get something like this. xD Plus, I get to give someone something for it too, so everyone wins! This contest has two parts. You may enter for both and possibly even win both! The prize for each contest is ONE full custom SoA. That's a total of two possible customs, if you wanted the math. XD

These SoA do NOT need to stay in the pride, since they aren't required to have any kind of history. They may, however, be a part of the pride if you would like them to be. ^^ This is a reward for everyone who wants to enter, even if they don't want to participate in the pride itself.

So don't feel like you can't enter!

Starts: Now
Ends: October 4th

User Image What you win: Because this is more work, you'll win a custom SoA AND a custom familiar. Any stage, and species.
User Image What I'm looking for: I would like a non-humanified version of any of these pokemon locations (taken from Heartgold and Soulsilver.) It links to a larger image.

User Image

User Image It can be any of the above. Obviously, no pokemon. XD But little hidden SoA shadows are not discouraged!

User Image The ultimate look of the background is up to you. Be as creative as you want!

User Image If there are none I'm very fond of, I will extend the contest. If there are more that I want, the cert may end up with multiple backgrounds. XD More customs will be given.

User Image You may enter as many times as you like. Use different posts, please.

User Image Make sure the background is large enough to use!

[b]Background entry![/b]
[size=10][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Entry:[/b] (IMG or url.)
[b]Any Notes:[/b][/size]

User Image Entries:
xxSyrius Lionwing: Page 3
xxZephira738: Page 3
xxZephira738: Page 3
xxGene Wilder: Page 3

User Image

The cert section is much less information. XD I have an idea for a cert symbol, but why not see what other people come up with? If you don't know what that is, take a gander here:

User Image
There! There! The red circle!

So... yeah... make one. xD The rules for the other contest apply here. Please make sure it isn't the EXACT size of the cert example symbol- it needs to be bigger.

OH. And save the PSD! I'll probably ask you to change the color for the actual cert. XD That being said, don't enter the same thing in different colors.

User Image What you win: You win one custom SoA. Adult only.

[b]Cert Symbol entry![/b]
[size=10][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Entry:[/b] (IMG or url.)
[b]Any Notes:[/b][/size]

User Image Entries:
xxtuesdayscat: Page 1
xxGene Wilder: Page 1
xxVesale: Page 1
xxQuiftan: Page 1
xxmagnadearel: Page 2
xxSyrius Lionwing: Page 3  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:40 pm
User Image

This is beyond simple, but here goes anyway:

User Image All you need to do is post a semi custom form (which is below if you didn't notice) and I'll go ahead and pick the ones I like the best and color them up! This will have no set ending date- I will color until I get bored. >>

User Image You may post as may forms as you want, in one post, but you will only get one from this event.

User Image You may still win the other contest if you enter this one, and keep both.

User Image SoA from this contest CANNOT leave the pride. Anyone disobeying this rule will lose the SoA they recieved. They were made for this pride, to stay in the pride. If you have a REALLY GOOD story, you may PM me and I'll think about it. XD I don't want to be a complete jerk. >> I just dislike it when people get something from a pride contest and don't use it IN that pride, you know?

User Image These SoA probably won't be pokemon-based unless I feel like picking one. xD They will be normal semi-customs. You don't get a say in which pokemon I use!

User Image All species are welcome. Hybrids are not available as customs, though.

User Image All colors are welcome.

User Image You may edit your post, but don't edit anything that has been crossed out already.

User Image These cost nothing! So don't worry about having to pay for anything.

User Image Make sure you see which ranks are available.

[size=10][b]Name:[/b] (SoA, not YOU)
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Desired Rank:[/b] (make sure you see what's available!)
[b]Training Team:[/b] (can be seen in the Pride info)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History with pride:[/b] (As a pre-existing member, explain what they did in the pride and what happened to them during the down turn. If you want a higher rank, explain that too!)[/size]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 pm
This is now open. xD  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:30 pm
Cert Symbol entry!
Name: tuesdayscat
Entry: User Image
Any Notes: It's pretty obvious, but it's what popped in my head first. I have the larger versions, I can upload them if you want them

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:34 pm
Cert Symbol entry!
Any Notes: LOL they're all pretty much variations of the same thing. :'D

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:34 pm
Cert Symbol entry!
Any Notes: Last one. For nooowww...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:39 pm
Cert Symbol entry!
Name: Gene Wilder/Archnasa/whatever. xD
Entry: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Any Notes: Um. Eh? xD *shrug*

Gene Wilder

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:39 pm
Cert Symbol entry!
Name: Vesale
Entry: http://i55.tinypic.com/99qjj8.png
Any Notes: Well, it's a pokeball, which Tues has already done, but I thought I'd put mine in anyway. XD; Image is large and transparent for ease of resizing for certs and recoloring. Also uploaded through Tinypic because photobucket wont work for me. D:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:41 pm
Lol! I guess I should have figured the cert symbol would get a lot of entries quickly. XD

Thanks for the entries so far, guys! I'll make a list for the front.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:43 pm
Holy crap, Arch, I love that. surprised I didn't even think of that.

-works on other entries- 8D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:44 pm
Cert Symbol entry!
Name: Quiftan
Entry: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Any Notes: It's an unown ... "K" for Kipwani 8D

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:46 pm
Updated the prizes so you're not getting the same thing for something that's a lot simpler. >>

Love the entries!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:54 pm
LOL that's fair, Caj. smile  

tuesdayscat

Sparkly Werewolf

Znaruto

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:55 pm
Name:Xanthe
Species:leopard
Desired Rank: Battle Leader!
Training Team: Electric
Personality:She is sweet and kind-heart to everyone. She caring and love everything she see. She is also very smart and used it when need to. She love flowers and the smell of them. She also have a huge fighting side to her when it time for a battle! She love to battle but She also love taking care of flowers too. Some say that she has two type of personality. One when she not in a battle and the other while she in a battle. She sweet loving girl that know when to get serious when the time comes.
History with pride: She was once a Nurse when she was young but on her down time she would train to get better at battling. She use see how much fun it was and began to train to get herself into that fun. When she more on to her nursing and went to be a trainer, she found out that she was good at it! No she was great at it. She found that being a nurse before this really help her out a lot. She work hard for her new title as Electric battle leader! She train a lot..while still help with Nursing thing on her down time. She love to help out the youngin when they need help battling. She love to hear about there dreams and would help them to go for it. She kind and loving leopard and sometime shy but when it come to a battle she like a different girl. She strong, tough, and sometime get mean when she want to. So don't let her nice loving motherly side tick you! Because this girl is more then she seem to be.

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff