Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply The Agora: MYTHICAL NEWS
The Game of Whodunnit

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hermes the Herald
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:55 pm
~The Game of Whodunnit~

In other words, a ripoff of the game CLUE.

Breaking News! Recently, Sindavra's baby Gryphon, who goes by the name of Demon, has turned up missing. No one knows what could have happened, but one thing seems certain - somebody kidnapped the poor fellow. Ares and Sindavra have put up signs everywhere possible, Such as this one:

User Image

Unfortunately, after a week or so, and much graffiti later, most of the poor things ended up looking like this:

User Image

People really are bored these days, aren't they?

So here's the deal here. After much looking around, a pile of evidence has built up, and we need your help deciphering it. Can you tell us who kidnapped Demon, Where, and How? The person with the closest guesstamate to the truth will win a very nice prize, if I do say so myself.

~The Evidence~

The Story

Quote:
Demon often goes out for short periods of time, though usually only for a few hours. He's never been away for a long time though - the longest he's stayed out was a full day, but he always manages to return safe and sound.
Sindavra thought that he had just had a day exploring the back garden, but when he didn't return for the next day, she got a bit worried.
She asked around if anyone had seen him locally - such as the next door neighbours, but when they said that they haven't seen him, she asks Ares. She asks him mostly because she thinks that because Demon has stayed at Ares' place, and that the chick is familiar there. They search for Demon but don't find him.

Towards the beginning of the week, they get news from a young child who has seen the Griffin, and who shows them a picture of it. (think toddler painting.) From there, they recieve many sightings- some false, and some true. One person even claims to have caught the griffin, but it turns out to be the wrong griffin and not Demon. What could have happened?

MORE NEWS:

Sindavra got this ransom note in her mail!

User Image

Sindavra
It's been arranged between Loki, Hermes, Ares and myself that we are going to meet with the kidnapper to give them what is due.

NEWS UPDATE ON THE THEIF'S AMBUSH:

Hermes the Herald
Sindavra
Hermes the Herald
Dionysus or Bacchus
Sindavra

I will keep my eyes on Hermes regardless of whether he is the thief or not.

Smart Policy. 3nodding

You guys suck. stare

It didn't help that you disappeared half-way through the ambush for the thief. stare

Hey, Zeus called me up, I hava a job you know! Anyways, know you definitely know it wasn't me - unless I'm quoting wrong from the whodunnit thread. rolleyes

Quote:
Demon was found, the thief however, escaped from us, but left a vital clue to their identity- a rough leather belt with an ornate golden belt buckle.

~CONCLUSION~

Sindavra
The culprit was Kassandra, my ex-tenant, who stole Demon to pay off a debt to the boss who was 'hounding' her family for money.

SUSPECTS HAVE BEEN NARROWED DOWN - WE NOW HAVE OUR CULPRIT.

User Image

Kassandra Astrauskas

Hailing from a long line of pure-blooded Cynocephali, Kassandra is the only member in her family that refuses to embrace the long-held family tradition of eating human flesh. Kassandra wants to be fully integrated into society, and sometimes feels that being a Cynocephali can impede her from fully integrating into general society. Kassandra enjoys a level of success with finding lost children that have run away from home.

Sindavra's House

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:58 pm
DEDUCTIONS SO FAR:

Dionysus or Bacchus

'Twas Aphrodite in Mrs. Johannson's yard using a golden girdle that Hephaestus had recently crafted for her.

Everyone knows how quickly the Love Goddess dropped Ares when their relationship no longer had any sense of danger. Fast forward millenia later. Aphrodite simply can't stand that Ares is happy with Sindavra; she thinks that if she doesn't want him, then obviously no one else can have him. However, she is not a total flake; Aphrodite would have been just sneaky enough to frame the kidnapping on the irritable old neighbor in order to throw Davra off her disgusting, un-godly expensive scent.

Aphrodite would have hooked up with her ex-hubby just long enough to get him to craft her the kidnapping device, and away she'd go to abduct Demon. I suggest you interrogate Helios and his sisters to discern the location of the unlucky griffin, as they seem to do well at spying on Aphrodite.

Aphrodite Philopannyx

She thinks it's Hermes

Impia

I think it was Hermes at Sindavra's house!
It's got to be- he's the thief!

Melios the Hoplite

And being the god of thievery, doesnt that mean that he KNOWS who did it?

Could it be possible that Demon's birth mother is alive and just took him to her nest?

Or the fact that Sindavra and Ares found a different griffin that wasnt Demon. Being half lion, griffins have a lot of natural instincts of street cats. Mostly because street cats leave for days on end, and only return to the owners house for any damage from fights, they are also more in-tuned to their natural instincts than domesticated house cats. Or, for male street cats, they might never return because he found a mate.

Its very plausible. And being part eagle and what-not, is also a few reasons for leaving because of the mate hypothesis.

saga576

OMG its Ares! He uses the leather belt to beat Eros D:
and come on, we all know ares has a history of running out of battle

Hermes the Herald
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100

Hermes the Herald
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:00 pm
~RESERVED~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:07 pm
rolleyes My hypothesis was totally butchered...  

Lenimph

Hermes the Herald
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:55 am
Aphrodite Philopannyx
rolleyes My hypothesis was totally butchered...

Well then, please do write it in one post, and I'll fix it up for you. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:10 pm
To briefly surmise the events of the hunt for the thief:

Demon was found, the thief however, escaped from us, but left a vital clue to their identity- a rough leather belt with an ornate golden belt buckle.

Loki attempted to follow the thief from the sky as a falcon, but lost the trail as he was set upon by two winged monkeys. Loki is not seriously injured.

Hermes, however, it is assumed, had disappeared at the vital moment of 'capturing the thief' and did not return until later, having been allegedly called away from the trap to answer to Zeus about a previous transgression. (At least that's what HE said)  

Sindavra

The Agora: MYTHICAL NEWS

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff