Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Milk and Golden Honey

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:08 pm
For: Fathle, Ekundayo, Jezabroux, && Luka
Place: Mr. Bennett's and Sons Delicatessen
Time: Afternoon

Mr. Bennett looked up from calculator as his door chime went off and a wide smile pulled at his wide, flushed face.
“Why, Ms. Dayo! Mr. Faye! I haven’t seen you two in a while. I was beginning to think you had given up on poor Mr. Bennett and gone to another market place.”
Fathle smiled and offered a small bow of his head. “Of course not, Mr. Bennett. You know I visit no other. And if I ever did, I would never mention it,” he said with a teasing smile as he continued on into one of the aisles. Mr. Bennett laughed merrily.
“Your guardian, Ms. Dayo, is a cheeky man. I hope you’re keeping him in line,” he said before winking at Ekundayo. She nodded shyly, not really sure of what he meant but she had a feeling that the appropriate answer would be a yes.
“Good, good!” Mr. Bennett said before he reached into his small candy jar and handed the Raevan a hard candy. Ekundayo thanked him and held on to it. She did not have the heart to tell the man that she could not consume human food yet so she was starting to gain a large collection of sugary confections on her shelf.

“Oh! And I’m sure you’ll be interested to know, you’re not the only Raevan I’ve met now. Another man came in with a very young one. He was a boy. A very interesting character,” Mr. Bennett said with a smile and another wink at Ekundayo. “You should talk to him. I bet he’d like you.”
Another Raevan? A boy Raevan?” she repeated curiously, her golden eyes immediately looking toward the long aisles of the delicatessen.
“Yes, yes! Only came in about 10 minutes before you two did,” he said. “I think he went over there.”
Ekundayo followed Mr. Bennett’s finger and saw that he was pointing toward the second to last aisle. She looked back at him and thanked him before slowly floating over there, feeling excited and nervous. She had never met a boy Raevan before…

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:25 pm
Taking care of Luka had certainly brought quite a few changes within the acupuncturist's working hours. For one, he found himself working considerably less hours at the clinic. Allocating his extra time and energy into helping his charge experience as many things as possible. Leading Luka to the barrel of dark roast coffee beans, Jezabroux took up a handful and took a whiff. Bennett's and Sons never failed to impress him with the quality of their goods. He turned his attention back to his charge. "They're coffee beans, Luka. Can you say that? Cof-fee."

The man couldn't help but thing how much easier it would be if Luka had a fully formed stomach. For one, the Frei's experiences wouldn't be limited to just sight, hearing, smell and touch. Taste was also vital in adding an extra three dimensional aspect to the lesson.

"Cau-fee. Coffee." Luka enunciated carefully as he eyed the small brown beans in his guardian's outstretched hand. A smile tugged at his lips from the approving nod he received from Elai. The Frei took a moment longer to study the sunglasses sitting on the ridge of Jezabroux's nose. He couldn't quite understand his guardian's dependence on them. Every time they left the apartment, those lightblockers would be covering Jezabroux's eyes. And having worn them once, personally, Luka found the object to be quite unnerving. The darkly tinted lenses blotting out daytime sunbeams. He liked the light, the way it seemed to wrap across his fair skin leaving a gentle glow, just standing under bright light left him feeling good. It left him feeling refreshed. Lively.

Dropping his gaze from his guardian, Luka took a fistful of the coffee beans in the barrel and brought it to his nose. It was aromatic, a robust and dark smell. It had the same feeling as the smell that seemed to waft through the house in the mornings. The satyr's rune shimmered lightly at the recollection of the pleasant smell. He let the beans drop back in the container and tugged on the sleeve of Jezabroux's shirt. "More Elai! Want smell more!" Despite the hushed tones, it was evident that the satyr was excited to be here. Yes, he enjoyed it when Elai took their lessons outside the apartment.

After all, Jezabroux's apartment didn't offer as many things to touch, see and smell.

Komse

Milk and Golden Honey

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:54 pm
Ekundayo carefully rounded the corner of the aisle, making sure she didn't knock off the specialty hot chocolate mixes. She peeked out from the side and watched the man and the Raevan. Ekundayo could feel her heart beating excitedly but her own shyness kept her from stepping away from her quasi-hiding spot to say hello. It was a boy Raevan! He had shaggy white hair that seemed to reflect and absorb the artificial light filtering from the ceiling in equal measure. When he turned his head to murmur to - what Ekundayo was sure was his guardian - she noticed two little red horns sticking out. Ekundayo smiled. This boy Raevan was endearing in his very appearance. Her golden eyes glanced over at the guardian. She tilted her head when she noticed he was wearing sunglasses inside a building. Odd... And his hair was black with a patch of white in the front, reminding Ekundayo vaguely of a skunk.

The pair turned a little toward her and Ekundayo found herself shrinking back to hide against the corner of the aisle. However, she managed to stop herself and slowly float out, wearing a hesistant and happy smile on her face.
"Hello..." she called out, trying to catch their attention in the most unobtrusive manner possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:45 pm
Luka was the first to respond. Jerking his head up, liquid gold orbs flashed at Ekundayo with great curiosity as he took in her appearance. He liked it. From the double collar to her wild mane-like hair, she had a nice presence. Her eyes were sharp, like the raptors that dominated the air on the Discovery Channel. "Hullo..." His eyes drifted back onto her long ribbon and the faint clouds marking the coil. "Hullo Cloudy," He said again, floating towards Ekundayo. A boyish smile was gracing his features, just barely masking his excitement over seeing the Eagle. That shade of blue which he had no name for, was very becoming on her...

Jezabroux looked up slowly and raised an eyebrow when he spotted Ekundayo at the end of the isle. Well, this was a surprise. The raevan had caught his eye during the Lab 305 Summer Beach Bash, but he certainly hadn't expected to run into her again. It was oddly nice.

Hearing his own charge speak, his shaded eyes fell to Luka who was tentatively approaching Ekundayo. It was nice to see the Satyr was showing interest in meeting others of his species. "Hello Miss Ekundayo." It was a shock he could still remember her name after hearing it from Mr. Lekabel. He flashed a gentle smile, giving the Eagle girl a wave. "That would be Luka, my charge. His vocabulary is a bit limited at the moment."

Luka looked at his guardian before looking back at Ekundayo. "Yes, yes. Hullo Cloudy, am Luka." He reiterated, wing fluttering lightly.

Komse

Milk and Golden Honey

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:32 pm
She tilted her head with slight confusion when Luka addressed her as 'Cloudy,' her lips pulled into a smile of amusement. Ekundayo slowly closed the distance between them and she took in the bright, male Raevan's aura. It was calming and she could study his boyish features. Ekundayo turned toward Luka's guardian.
"How do you know my name?" she asked with a blink of her golden eyes. Ekundayo knew she would remember someone like this man if they had ever met; his interesting hair coloration would have made that inevitable. However, she could not bring an image of him from her memories and Ekundayo's attention was pulled back toward Luka as he spoke again.

"Hello, Luka. I am Ekundayo. But... you can call me Cloudy," she said with a small smile. "You are the first boy Raevan I have ever met." Ekundayo glanced back up at Jezabroux as she said this before looking back at Luka. She wondered if Faye was closeby. She wanted to show him Luka; she was sure he would immediately like him.
"My guardian is here too but he's shopping. His name is Faye."

"I'm almost done, my dear."
Ekundayo turned at the low voice of her guardian and smiled, floating over to him quickly and holding onto his arm.
"Faye... a boy Raevan," she murmured happily. Fathle nodded to her before his red eyes took in Jezabroux and Luka.
"It seems we have finally had the luck to meet each other within Mr. Bennett's store rather than glancing at one another from the outside, Mr. Ferenan," Fathle said with a smile as he offered his hand to shake. "It is good to see you again. It has been many a month since the beach party..."
He lowered his gaze to Luka, taking in the young man's appearance with a kindly expression on his pale face.
"And I am assuming this is your charming ward?..."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:17 pm
Jezabroux smiled. "I met your guardian once during the 2010 Lab Summer party. I remember asking him about you, Miss Ekundayo." He explained, not wanting to seem like a stalker. It was hard to forget the Eagle. In fact, Jezabroux could easily recall how energetic she had been that day. The kind of energy she had given off, it was something he no longer had to envy because he now had his own ball of energy. Shaded eyes fell onto his own charge who seemed enthralled with Ekundayo's appearance, and the acupuncturist couldn't help but smile.

Luka blinked slowly before smiling as she spoke. Her voice was soft; he liked it. It was gentle, something light like a gentle shower and yet mesmerizing like a deluge. It was interesting. "Cloudy. Cloudy is not first girly Luka seen. Luka see Loo-sha. But… Cloudy is better." There was a rawness in her eyes that he found familiar in himself, it was different from the energy in him but it was essentially the same in the core. They were both free souls, thriving under freedom and withering under confinement. The Satyr cocked his and stared at the large man with red hair that Ekundayo linked arms with. Something about the man made him uncomfortable but the atmosphere of this Faye person made him think of his own guardian, and Elai was someone he trusted. So did this mean that Faye was to be trust or that Elai could not be trusted? Feathers flapping in momentary confusion, Luka nevertheless introduced himself (or more accurately mumbled his name) to Dayo's guardian before floating to his own guardian's side and casting Fathle a wary eye.

Jezabroux smiled as he recognized the voice. Looking up, he chuckled at the other's comment. "Yes, it would seem that lady luck is on our side today. It has been quite a length of time actually, surprised you even remembered my name, Mr. Lekabel." Taking the other's hand, he gave it a firm shake before looking down at his surprising cautious charge. It was strange for Luka to be so quiet. Given the Satyr's love of colors, Jezabroux had expected for Luka to want to touch the other man's hair and rather, the Forsaken Light behind him looking at Fathle like a time bomb, something dangerous. "Yes, his name is Luka." Placing a comforting hand on the Frei's shoulder, Jezabroux tried to coax Luka into greeting the other properly. When that failed, he gave Fathle a sheepish look. "Apologies, he's usually not like this. But yes, I was notified by Lab of my guardianship days after the beach party. It was a pleasant surprise." He said as he ruffled the Satyr's soft hair.

Luka stared at Fathle before scowling slightly. "Why red hair Faye make Luka have feel bad?"

It was a question that made Jezabroux flush with embarrassment. Well wasn't this just pleasant.

Komse

Milk and Golden Honey

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:25 am
Ekundayo's grip on Fathle's arm tightened slightly, her lips curling down into a small frown at the note of belligerence in Luka's voice. A flare of protectiveness bubbled up in her chest for her guardian. She did not like people being unkind to her Faye. However, before she could say any sort of reprimand to Luka, Fathle tugged her closer against him in a subtle manner. Ekudanyo glanced up at him in surprise and their eyes caught in a meaningful stare. Fathle smiled and gave the slightest shake of his head. He turned his gaze back toward Jezabroux.
"There are no apologies necessary, Mr. Ferenan," Fathle said. "And I am very happy for you and your new found position of guardian." He turned his red eyes to Luka. "And I am sorry, young one, to have made you feel bad. I did not intend to offend you."

Ekundayo glanced up at Fathle with a rather scandalized expression. It was a mixture between confusion and anger. Why was her Faye apologizing? He had done nothing wrong. Disregarding her guardian's silent sign to stay quiet, she turned her golden eyes to Luka and floated a bit forward.
"Faye is not bad," she said firmly, looking at Jezabroux and Luka in turn.
"Ekundayo--"
"You are the first boy Raevan I have ever met, and I want to like you. But if you are mean to Faye, I can't be your friend."

It felt strange to be defended by his ward considering she was wary of him at first as well. A sudden swell of affection seemed to war with Fathle's desire to provide a social admonition.
"My heart, that was not necessary," he murmured quietly to Ekundayo. "Luka is quite at his leisure to like or dislike whom he chooses."
She did not respond but continued to wait for Jezabroux or Luka to speak. Fathle was momentarily reminded strongly that it was an eagle that had found new life within this Raevan.

He looked at Jezabroux. "I am sorry for this. I did not mean to create such awkwardness with my appearance," he said with a small smile.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:00 pm
Jezabroux couldn't help but watch the exchange between Ekundayo and Fathle a little enviously. It was true that Luka trusted in the acupuncturist, but the Frei had yet to demonstrate that level of intimacy with his guardian. It was like watching a father interact with his daughter, and Jezabroux couldn't help but smile at the two's close relationship. Looking up at Fathle, he smiled once more and tilted his head lightly at the other's comment. "Thank you, Mr. Lekabel. And, it seems you and Ekundayo have a very deep relationship already."

When Ekundayo moved away from her guardian and looked him in the eye and looked Luka in the eye as well, he help but give her a gentle smile. "Miss Ekundayo, I am aware that Mr. Lekabel is not a bad man. Surely, Lab would not entrust a beauty such as yourself to a man they they couldn't trust." Only his expression slipped into one of mild discomfort at Ekundayo's words toward his charge. The situation had suddenly just escalated into one he'd never expected.

Luka's vocabulary might have been limited but it still had enough words for him to understand what Ekundayo was saying. A light frown forming on his boyish features, he cast Ekundayo a forlorn look. Even though they had just met, to the Satyr it felt as if h had known the Eagle for days. The thought of them not being friends after what he had seen in her eyes was… beyond his comprehension. "No. No, Eku-Dayo." Moving away from Jezabroux, the Forsaken Light floated towards the Eagle girl and reached for her hands. "Luka want Cloudy as friend. Cloudy is special, not like spider or Loo-sha." He cast a quick glance towards Fathle before looking back at Ekundayo. "Will be nicer to red man, be friend Cloudy." He said as he gave the eagle a small pout.

Jezabroux couldn't help but smile a little as he watched the Satyr 'apologize' to Ekundayo. Hearing Fathle speak, Jezabroux shook his head. "Not at all Mr. Lekabel. It wasn't something we would have foreseen anyways. Honestly, it is my first time seeing Luka like this… Usually he is much more looser."

Komse

Milk and Golden Honey

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:01 pm
The tense, regal way Ekundayo was holding her head relaxed immediately when Luka promised to be nicer to her Faye and she did not disappoint as she reached out and took the boy's hands. A part of Ekundayo was relieved; she would have been sad to give up on a friendship with Luka when they had just met but she would not let anyone bully Faye.
"Then we are friends," she said with a happy smile as she gently swung hands with Luka. "I am your Cloudy."

"Thatta girl!"

Fathle and Ekundayo turned their heads to see that Mr. Bennett had apparently been watching the entire awkward situation.
"For a moment there, my heart was gonna break for those two," he said with a kind smile. "It would be a real shame for them not to be friends. And it'd be real cute if they ended up takin' a liking to each other." Mr. Bennett laughed loudly and gripped his stomach before giving the two Raevans a wink. Fathle smiled at the shopkeeper.
"I never took you as a budding match-maker, Mr. Bennett," he said with a small quirk of his eyebrow. Mr. Bennett waved off Fathle's comment.
"I'm just thinkin' outloud and you can't blame me. The two are adorable together. Hope yer findin' everything alright!"
He offered another wink to Jezabroux before walking off.

"What is Mr. Bennett talking about and why was he winking?" Ekundayo asked when their little group was alone again while she glanced up at Fathle.
"No reason, my dear," he said, not wishing to explain all the subtle implications of that wink. "I hope we are not keeping you from your errands, Mr. Ferenan. If you are busy, perhaps we could fix an official arrangement to meet again."
Ekundayo looked at Luka. "Faye is cooking so I can see different human food. Does your guardian like to cook?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 pm
Luka smiled, rune flickering with a warm glow at Ekundayo's words. "Yes. Cloudy is Luka friend." When he heard and unfamiliar voice, he looked behind and stared at the man who had spoken. It was the man from behind the counter. The owner as Elai had said. He watched the exchange of words between Mr. Bennett and Fathle before turning to his own guardian.

"What is a matchmarker?" He asked, figuring the thing to be something bad from the shop owner's reaction. "Is Elai matchmarker?" He asked, wings stretching out behind him.

Jezabroux gave the shop owner a slight nod of his head before turning back to Ekundayo and Luka. The portly man was right; Ekundayo and Luka were adorable together. In fact, the acupuncturist had never seen the Satyr quite so taken to another of his kind. When he heard Luka's question, he couldn't help but laugh. "A matchmaker Luka. Not matchmarker. A match maker is someone who marries off men and women." He explained as he ruffled the newborn's downy hair.

To Fathle's question, Jezabroux shook his head. "Not the least Mr. Lekabel, I originally came here to let Luka experience different smells and textures. But, I believe Luka is currently too focused on Miss Ekundayo to continue our lesson for today. And, that would be a great idea." The tall man looked down at his charge. Given from how raptly the Forsaken Light was watching Ekundayo, he could only imagine how much Luka would take to the idea of meeting the Eagle again. "When would be most comfortable for you Mr. Lekabel?" Jezabroux inquired.

Luka nodded. He'd seen Jezabroux standing in the kitchen at least once every day opening the doors to that cool box and pulling strange colorful things out. "Elai cook lots. Live with Luka, so either stay home or take to needles clinic. Elai made strange circle flat Cloudy colored hair bread." He commented, recalling the fluffy pancakes his guardian had for breakfast.

Jezabroux stood there slightly dumbfounded at his ward's explanation until he realized what Luka was talking about. "Pancakes, Miss Ekundayo. I made some for breakfast. And, unfortunately, my cooking skills are limited to breakfast foods, pasta, and salads." He said as he gave her a smile.

Komse

--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff