me know it all
Captain

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:52 pm
this is where me and small group will post ideas for RP storys and plots.

we will also make rules and profile skilly's to go with the RP.
this will help the RP running longer and be more fun for the RPers.

if this tank becoms too crowded or unorginized for ideas to be made into a story, we will make another one (if not many more) here in this sub forum.
if you feel your idea needs a sepreat post to not get lost, please post it with the subject "think tank(name of your idea)" so the other members thinking know not to steal your idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:19 pm
I guess I'll start off with my original RP idea:

--Spyrone Link--

Dreams, the one phenomenon that has longest evaded explanation.
Some believe them to be representations of subconscious desires, another theory is that dreams are an interpretation of random signals generated by the brain during sleep. But what are they really?

In truth, one of the earliest theories is correct.
Dreams are in fact, connections to another world.
A world governed by the minds of those within it, anything can be created, altered, or destroyed in an instant, if it is so ordered by any mind connected.

Such would usually be without consequence...

... If the world, Spyronia as it was called, were uninhabited.

The inhabitants of Spyronia, like the world itself, are shaped by the minds connected, but with one inexplicable difference-- They are permanently fixed in whatever form they are initially made into.
These entities that live there, the "Eivral", do so in silent fear. Capable of being killed by a Human's stray thought, or losing every ounce of their being in a particularly conflicted mind.

There are a few places safe from tampering by Human minds however, the areas of Spyronia created by non-sentient minds, such as plant life. These areas are unchanging, and stable.
But the Eivral are slowly losing these areas to Humans too, every time another forest is clear cut, contact with another settlement is lost.

The Eivral are forced to venture out into their conflicted world, this time is search of the legendary "Spyrone Link".
An entity equally as enigmatic as the Eivral are, the Link is incapable of destruction, or alteration of any sort from Human interference.
The true nature of the Link has always been shrouded in mystery. Some believe it to be a portal to a safer world, some instead believe it to be the cause of their world's fragility, others revere it as a deity, and many seek it out in hopes that it will help them, grant them a wish or give them special powers or such.
None know for sure, perhaps it has been found and moved the one to the safer world. Perhaps it doesn't exist, and the adventurer was killed in the wilds in his endless search.

Legends are diverse, with new ones surfacing each day.
However one fact is accepted almost universally-- That the Link exists, for whatever it may truly be, it is the Eivral's only hope to escape their decaying world.

That's pretty much it for the plot.
People are going to be searching for the Link, for varying reasons.

And some more detail on the setting:

While the vast majority of Eivral inhabit the unchanging areas of their world created by plants, some smaller settlements, most of them temporary or nomadic, do settle in areas prone to Human alteration.
In Spyronia, like minds are grouped together, forming different geographical regions. These regions are based upon the environment of the minds that create them. American minds typically create nature-less city environments. Japanese minds create nonsensical worlds that function as some sort of insane game show.
The Eivral quite literally live off of Human ignorance, whenever something in the mind of a Human changes, that's just one more ship that could leave dead Eivral in it's wake.
In-between each region are scattered lands that are dangerous to travel, creatures and entities roam these wilds, preying upon any they come across.

People can play as anything, dragons, superheroes, vampires, etc. With whatever abilities they want.
However their characters are in a fixed form, with fixed abilities.  

Elektro7
Crew

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

me know it all
Captain

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:35 pm
its spyro with "ne" on the end smile

i like this idea in how it make dreams to be more than gust random ideas we see at night.

im wondering why people would be searching for the link, wouldn't only the eivral be looking for it?

the idea seams well finished, and i like it. what are you wanting to add to it, what can i help you with?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:51 pm
... To be honest, that's sorta how we came up with the name.
"Spyro and Link" it was originally, named for the characters we used at the beginning, however after a while the words kinda melded. >_<

I kinda like that about it too, expanding upon minor occurences into something much greater always seems to make for a great story.
This particular one also opens up a lot of opportunities for venturing into one's being, literally and figuratively.

Sorry... I guess I didn't make it very clear... The Eivral are the only ones searching for the Link, the Humans don't really have any conscious control in Spyronia, the subconscious is what connects to, alters, and creates their world.
What dreams are are just glimpses of Spyronia, simple visions.

I'm not really looking for anything too terribly specific, except possibly a good name for the RP, and what amount of detail I should put into the character forms.
Aside from that, any suggestions are very welcome smile
Questions too, they could easily help me fill in holes, and possibly word it better.  

Elektro7
Crew

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

me know it all
Captain

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:54 pm
im no good at comming up with names....

because the characters can be anything but their forms must be fixed, the characters should have high amount of detail. maybe a skilly that looks like this?

gaia name:
character name:
character age:
character gender: (boy/gril)
character hight:
character skin color:
character hair color: (if any)
character tail: (yes/no)
character tail lenght: (if yes)
character pic.: (or very long dicreption)
character bio.:

character race: (may not apply, their all eivral) so i put it down here, their all eivral regardless of what they look like. so you might not want to use this one.

and a question, dose the spyro link have any effect on the humans? (with or without the eivral using it).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:47 pm
I don't quite know about that much... I mean most of them can be abbreviated to just "Appearance".
Although I do like one thing about it, a place for a picture, and a text description. Usually I just have one where you can do either/or, but there are a lot of things that can't be shown in the anime pictures most people use.  

Elektro7
Crew

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

me know it all
Captain

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:07 pm
most people dont make their own pictures of their character, they find something half close to what they might be and use that for their pic.

you wanted the abilities fix too, these can be part of the bio, or you can have them listed by adding "character abilities" to the list. and yes, you could cut the word "character" and just list things like this.....

gaia name:
name:
hight:
skin color:
hair color sad if any)
tail sad yes/no)
tail lenght sad if yes)
pic. and dicreption: (or VERY LONG dicreption)
abilities:
boi:

the pic. covers body type (fat, skinny, muscles) and other face info. (eye color, number of eyes, ect...)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:41 pm
I think that would work, although maybe with an alteration or two:

Gaia Name:
Character Name:
Eivral Subspecies: (I.E. Dragon, vampire, etc)
Picture: (Optional)
Description: (Instead of a picture, or for things not shown in, or are different from the picture)
Abilities:
Personality:
Biography:
Other:

Anything else you can think of?

Also, I just thought that while some Eivral would worship the Link, it's to be expected that there would be some more... Radical, than others.
Do you think maybe having the radicals hunt down people looking for the Link would work out?  

Elektro7
Crew

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

me know it all
Captain

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:06 pm
the chatacter tail: (yes/no)
so you know it they had a tail or not. (someone might have a tailless dragon, even though most dragons have very long tails).

wouldnt the radicals be looking for the link more?
if the spyro link is somthing they eivral want to find, the more radical eivral would be like pastors, leading a group to find the link.
pastors look for GOD on their own in their work, AND lead people to him. radical eivral would do the same, looking for the link and leading others to the link also.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:09 pm
Well yes... but there are tons that say that hardship fell upon the world due to man considering himself equal to the gods, even trying to meet them physically.
Like that one story in the bible (I think? I'm really not as familiar with it as I should be, but I know we heard about it in church) where the people decided to build the tower to reach up to god, they were stopped when God made them all speak different languages, making cooperation pretty much impossible.
Surely they'd want to stop something like that from happening if their beliefs have something similar, and of course there may be differing beliefs on what kind of god the Link is.

IDK... Maybe, it seems like it might make more sense if we actually came up with the whole system of beliefs on the Link, the details I mean, maybe a religious text or something, a better history on it.

... Maybe a little bit of the history of Spyronia itself too? Significant events in it's history?
Related to that, how should it be politically? Like a monarchy with a king and everything? An elected leader? Several elected leaders that govern seperate settlements? Seperate Kings for different areas?
Or maybe no definitive leader, where issues are voted upon by anyone who wants to vote?

>_< I'm still kinda torn about having a seperate block for a tail, I mean it's a good idea, but I still think that's the type of thing that would already be mention in the description.  

Elektro7
Crew

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

me know it all
Captain

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:38 pm
the tower of babel, the people went trying to reach GOD, they where trying to diobay him. (this was after the flood with noah) they were try to make a name for thimselfs and not be scattered over the earth, but GOD confused there language and scattered them over the whole earth, and the building of the city was stoped because they could not understand eachother.

i wouldn't put too much into making a false belief for the spyro link, maybe a very SHORT text or part of that explains why the eivral do look for the spyro and why spyro is important to them, what they think he will do when they find him.

the world seams too dangerous for there to be any goverment, many many leaders or kings that manage very small places would be ok if you need a goverment.

sub have the info needed in the description then,

description: (must have: tail/no tail, hair color, eye color, skin color, clothes (if any) and their color)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:18 pm
Okay... So maybe that wasn't the best example, but hopefully you know what I mean.

I think I like those ideas, that certainly seems to solve most problems. smile

Maybe the last thing now....
If you were in the RP, what exactly would you think the Link would do, and why?

I kinda have something in mind, but I'm just curious about an outside opinion.
Although in case you wish to join it, I don't think I'm going to tell you what that is lol  

Elektro7
Crew

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

me know it all
Captain

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:13 pm
i think the link would trun the eivral into humans.
why.... the ones that have found the link are never seen again, and the eivral dont realize thimselfs in human form. once human there dreams effect their old world, and they dont know how to controll there dreams.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:20 pm
Okay....
Interesting...

That's exactly what I was planning!... How many fingers am I holding up?

So would you like to join? I could send you link once I get it up.  

Elektro7
Crew

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

me know it all
Captain

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:00 am
Elektro7
Okay....
Interesting...

That's exactly what I was planning!... How many fingers am I holding up?

So would you like to join? I could send you link once I get it up.

yes, but if theres a litirate requirment i wont be able to, im working on getting better in a semi-litirate RP.  
brainstorm/bounce (questions/RPs) ~think tank~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff