Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ GORGONS VS. CERBERUS PART 3} RESULTS POSTED Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:12 am
IT'S A GODDAMNED GOLDEN APPLE HUNT

(THERE WOULD BE THIS AWESOME MSPAINT IMAGE BUT ZOO HAS FINALS SORRY)

The headmistress was tired of this. The counsellor was tired of this. Both of them reached one conclusion:

"If you can't settle your stupid petty dispute, then we will be forced to put your student applications on hold".

"ON HOLD?!" It was the first thing the gorgons and cerberus siblings had agreed with during this entire fiasco. But, that meant they would never really get super evil and stuff!

Finally very very begrudgingly putting their heads together for the first time, they came to a consensus: If they found the three legendary golden apples lost by their ancestors, the dispute would be (mostly) solved once and for all.

RULES:

THIS IS A MYSTERY HUNT:

- Please look at the post below. This will guide you for the rest of this hunt for the three golden apples.
- Each "player" must have a DIFFERENT GOLDEN APPLE Every time you find an apple (and it must be GOLDEN) a different player from that team is required to post it IN THIS THREAD. For example: Team member 1 will post apple 1 which they found and grew themselves. Team member 2 will post apple 2, Team member 3 will post apple 3.
- Do whatever you can to solve the riddles and hints and get to the next stage! This is tough, and requires some minor brainpower.
- Each apple is worth __ amount of points. IF you get all three you get the most points, clearly! If you find one, its better than finding none, LOL
- You are free to keep the apples you earn, they make cute adoptables : x

- Publicly posting the answers will be considered as trolling the event, and result in a temp ban for the rest of the month.

HINTS TO HELP YOU GET STARTED :

- Look for hidden posts and hidden urls in posts! Go take a good look at those posts and see if you can uncover the clue. Your ultimate goal is to find a passcode for here to enter in. Three, to be exact.

- CHECK FOR posts made by the mule on pages that MIGHT have just been edited slightly

- Is it telling you you've got a wrong name or extension for an image? Try tweaking around the link JUST A TAD.

Ie: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/chibizoo/equine.jpg
Hint: The hint you might have gotten in another post regarding that image might be I LOVE UNICORNS. Change: "equine.jpg" to "ILOVEUNICORNS.jpg"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/chibizoo/ILOVEUNICORNS.jpg

Magical! (note: this is not actually part of the hunt).

- Some clues are hidden within the image name

- If you have adopted something related to this event, you are getting REALLY CLOSE. though they might need some growing love.

-UNSURE whether it is a hidden image url, a hint to get to a page post, or a hint to type in on the adoptables page? Try EVERYTHING. It'll make your life easier. Make sure to check your adoptables pm for "prize hints"

- All hints such as ones that say "post 200" or "pin drop offs" are either on the adoptables site, the guild, the MAIN thread, or the event thread. Use your brain to figure out which pertains to what.

- Good luck! If you get frustrated and stuck, Each group is allowed to pm Chibizoo ONCE You will get ONE hint, to help you, when you are really stuck, that is all!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:13 am
The link to start the event:

exclaim STUDY THIS SITE CAREFULLY exclaim
The first is always the hardest! Look carefully and then look a little harder. It is in plain sight but hidden carefully in layers and layers of meticulous rainbows. Making unicorn websites is a delicate process!

Answers will be posted when the event closes!

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:14 am
FAQ

Q: I want to hand in something from a previous event! Can I still do that?

A: Pm me, and we can discuss this!

Q: BAWWW THIS IS HARD.

A: YOUR MOM IS- okay <_< I'll be good.

Q: CAN I FIND THE OTHER TWO APPLES WITHOUT FINDING THE FIRST.

A: It's not impossible, you might be really lucky and stumble upon the other two! The first one though will lead to hints about the second and the second the third one *nods*

Q: When we PM you for a hint, will it just be a random one, or would you work with what we know to give us a hint that would forsure be useful?

A: Assuming you ask me the correct question regarding the hint you are on and not like "HOW DO I GET ALL THE APPLES IN GENERAL" I will work with you to solve exactly that one step. Anyone can use this once, even if they are stuck on the unicorn page XD (I cannot help you after your one time use though).

Boxers or briefs? :B

BOTH AT THE SAME TIME D8<

Can a clue contain multiple clues within it!? Such as, if I'm looking for a way to solve whatever problem I'm on, is it possible that there are multiple hints, within the thing I'm looking to for guidance, that might help me solve the next clue? Or is it only one hint per new thing.

No there is only one true hint, the other is really just garbage. Like me adding 'rainbow and sparkles' to everything. Usually that is not a hint XD

Also..What is your favorite color of unicorn!?

RAINBOW UNICORNS O_O DUH

If we were to ever have to change the file extension, would there be a clue within the hint telling us that we should, or is it just...not mentioned? xD;;; Is it safe to assume that image hints will lead to more image hints?

It will always tell you when to change the file extension, but not neccessarily EXACTLY what to change the file name!

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question or not, but I understand we may have to change filenames, but what about folder names?

Never XD

If one clue gives two "hints", are both of these viable paths or is one likely a dead end?

One of them is probably leftover garbage from a previous event to be honest sad It will lead to a dead end because it is not part of the event.

Also..how many dead ends do you think there are?

How many different ways are there for you to slice a piece of toast?

Also, if we need to tweek an image-type, will there only be JPGs and PNGs or will there be

The only image extensions you will ever ever need to change is .jpg --> .png. That's it XD

Are there TRUE dead ends, (as in will not lead to any more hints and just exist to mock us)? And, do 'dead ends' actually exist to help us move forward? (AKA are the false dead ends actually the steps in the right direction?)

No! I actually removed them all XD

There are no true dead ends. There are MISLEADING HINTS I'm sure where you THINK you have something which is just something I wrote up years ago (This being an exaggeration) in the guild which has nothing to do with the event.

Clues to if you've stumbled on a hint:

- The image you click is not on par with the shop illustrations/graphics LOL
- It is embedded in really tiny tiny font
- The image url has a strange name
- The name of the thing you are finding seems to have appeared out of the blue and doesn't match the list
- The post DEFINITELY looks edited.

Can we assume that no hints lead directly to the beginnings of the next chain unless they come from leveling the apple?

Yes it is safe to assume that hints will not "skip around". It is definately step by step. FOR EXAMPLE:

Step A will lead to Step B. Step B to C. C to D. D --> First apple.

First apple --> Step E, E to F, etc etc.

If you stumble upon hint C, you might be rather lucky, but if you run into hint E, then uh... well XD...

Ehem - Is there any way to tell if were on the right track? Like..if were on the right path will we see things that link in some sensible way to things we've already done/steps we've moved past?

You will be imbued with a strange, powerful aura, filling you with grace. Your body will glow with the brilliance of a thousand suns. YOU WILL HAVE THE POWER!!!

Also for the img/png things, does it matter if its in caps or not/ little specific details like that

You will not need to caps any image links XD no. They are all lower caps. Passcodes, however need to be written exactly as they are spelt, caps and all.

Are the pass codes super long or super short! Or maybe..neither..

I could tell you... but then I'd have to kill you. >:/

Can we ask non players for help?

You cannot ask any other staff member for help otherwise I don't really care whom else you ask XD If they are willing to help, its up to them, not that I can stop you guys from doing that anyway lmao.

Can we ask other teams for help?

Teams are allowed to share with each other hints they have found. You may NOT give each other the direct passcodes. Plus it would prolly ruin your chances lmao. You are free to collaborate and help other teams get past really hard obstacles if you would like! Hell, you can even make a collective chatroom, noone is stopping you guys, use whatever resources you can!

Are you able to say just how far before the jpg one should go?

.jpgs will only lead to one of very limited amount of things:

- it will tell you to change its link image name(as I have given a sample of in the thread under the hints post for example, change awesome.jpg to awesomer.jpg because the image is telling you to add an "r" at the end). In this case please think outside the box, give the original image name a look-over and then think of what the image itself is telling you to do.

- Is the image a word that doesn't really make sense? Try to make it make sense!

- it is a giant messed up puzzle. This one is really obvious lol.

- It might ask you to change the image extension (ie: .jpg to .gif)

- Only ONE image is not a photobucket one. There is a reason.

If you unintentionally skip ahead to a further part in any apple's "quest chain", are you screwed? XD; (As in, if you happen to stumble upon the 75% mark of the 3rd apple or something, are you basically unable to move forward until you've reconstructed the logic chain you skipped?)

I spent a couple of hours making sure that hints ONLY GO ONE WAY. That means if you find part 12 of 16 (for example, not saying that's how many steps there are) you will only be able to get towards the last apple. If you find part 8/16 you will find the last 2 apples. They will always lead towards the end regardless of the situation. I made it so it is actually harder as you find the third apple, (or I tried to XD)

HOWEVER that means if you accidentally stumble upon part 12/16, you will not get ANY HINTS to find the first apple! This is the only reason why it is recommended to start from the beginning and work in steps. It is a very linear one hint- one answer process.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:21 am
TEAM SCOTT PILGRIM

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Wotcher

Ruthless Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:27 pm
TEAM ADORABLOODTHIRSTY (Wotcher, Tuatha De, Remove)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:37 pm
TEAM DOG EAT DOG (Kuro-Mizuki, Mobster Goose, Moving Pictures)

Moving Pictures

Dapper Prophet

Orestae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:43 pm
TEAM SCOTT PILGRIM

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:50 pm
TEAM STONE COLD BITCHES
(Sosiqui, Meeki, Miliardo Kason)

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Tsunake

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:55 pm
TEAM GORGONERS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:06 pm
TEAM SCOTT PIGLRIM HELL YEAH

DEFEATING THE FINAL BOSS HELL YEAH

9999 COINS HELL YEAH

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

Lady_Ourania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:06 pm
Team Gorgoners

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:14 pm
TEAM STONE COLD BITCHES
(Sosiqui, Miliardo and I)

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

soliloquy in aria

IRL Noob

9,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:29 pm
Team Snake Eyes
(Bear-Garden, OrionDeltaOmega, soliloquy in aria)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:29 pm
Team Gorgoners
(Tsunake, Lady_Ourania, CuterThanYourMom)

*3*  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out