Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
Which of Alice's Worlds Would YOU want to live in? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If I had to chose, I would live in...
Wonderland!
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Looking-Glass Land!
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:45 pm
Because inquiring minds need to know!

Most people know that Alice made more then one trip into fantasy worlds; just as many people seem to know that many major 'modern' interpretations tend to blend the two. But enough of that boring interpretation crap; I wanna know! If you had a chance to live in one of Alice's two worlds, which would you chose?

Here are your options, my wonderful guild-mates!:

Wonderland

Found In...
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865)

Date Alice Entered:
May 4th

Entrance Location:
Down the Rabbit Hole

Important Characters:
- Bill the Lizard
- Caterpillar
- Cheshire Cat
- Dodo
- Dormouse
- Duchess
- Gryphon
- King of Hearts
- Knave of Hearts
- Mad Hatter
- March Hare
- Mock Turtle
- Pat
- Queen of Hearts
- White Rabbit

Information/Resources:
[x] [x]

'Looking-Glass Land'

Found In...
Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (1871)

Date Alice Entered:
November 4th

Entrance Location:
The Mirror over Alice's Fireplace Mantle

Important Characters:
- The Garden of Talking Flowers
- Red Queen
- Tweedledum and Tweedledee
- White Queen
- The Sheep
- Humpty Dumpty
- White King
- The Lion and the Unicorn
- Haigha
- Hatta
- Red King
- White Knight

Information/Resources:
[x] [x]

Vote and Discuss! Go!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:40 pm
Hmm even though my favorite character, the Duchess, is in wonderland I think I prefer looking glass land. Its so interesting with the chess board and everything. I always end up rereading page after page because i get so confused in this story. Espesially in the sheep bit, and the lion and the unicorn. I just give up and enjoy the nonsense.

Wonderland is too hostile. the queen of hearts is a bit violent, but the red queen is mostly friendly.  

Queen_Awesome_Penguin

Witty Cat

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:57 pm
Considering that there are some wonderful characters in both worlds, and each would be interesting to be in. I have to say that i'd probably choose wonderland. Not only because my favorite characters are there, the Mad Hatter and the Cheshire Cat. Because I'd love to have tea parties , and the Looking Glass world just seemed to odd for me.

I could probably avoid going to see the queen of hearts if I had to , and avoid the probability of losing my head there.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:07 pm
Haha, you both make good points. I'm pretty torn myself... My birthday's November 4th, so it seems like maybe Looking-Glass Land would be my place, buuuuut... uuummmm.....

*thinks*

I think if I was faced with the choice, I'd eventually choose to live in Wonderland. I suck at chess. XD And I'm violently inclined, so I'm thinking it would end up working, tehe. I do love all of the nursery rhyme characters in Looking-Glass Land, though... but, knowing me, if I went to live in Looking-Glass Land, I'd regret not going to Wonderland, while if I lived in Wonderland, I don't think I'd regret not going to Looking-Glass Land as much...

Wow. That doesn't feel like a concrete answer. @_@;

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:47 pm
Ha that's the other reason I don't want to live in looking Glass world. I'm awful at chess. Really though I'm more interested in Cheshire cats, all sorts of places to explore and endless tea parties than I would be the old nursery rhyme characters.

That and I felt you got more of a sense of wonderland from the books than you did looking glass world. With looking glass world, it seemed like it talked more about the people in it than the world itself.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:15 pm
Kahlan_BrightBlade
Ha that's the other reason I don't want to live in looking Glass world. I'm awful at chess. Really though I'm more interested in Cheshire cats, all sorts of places to explore and endless tea parties than I would be the old nursery rhyme characters.

That and I felt you got more of a sense of wonderland from the books than you did looking glass world. With looking glass world, it seemed like it talked more about the people in it than the world itself.

thats a good point, it is more about the characters than the place

but the forest is neat. where you lose your name. it would be terrifying im certain  

Queen_Awesome_Penguin

Witty Cat

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100

Queen_Awesome_Penguin

Witty Cat

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:21 pm
Kahlan_BrightBlade

thats a good point, it is more about the characters than the place

but the forest is neat. where you lose your name. it would be terrifying im certain  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:00 pm
~Advice from a Caterpillar~

Wonderland... my main reason is probably obvious; the Caterpillar. ^_^

Azure Caterpillar

A DEADLY KITT3N

10,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:18 pm
be a queen or not be a queen??? hmmm and did you know the first ever edition of alice in wonderland was alices adventures underground??? i would pick wonderland hands down btw ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:36 am
Hmm, maybe Wonderland. Considering I might have more fun there (and I'm loopy enough to fit in ^_~ ). But it might be interresting if I could enter wonderland through a looking glass. That way, I could escape reality anytime... 3nodding

Looking Glass Land is cool too. I've always tried to make one of my manga characters a knight for the White Queen, on a mission to defend the land from the Jabberwock. 4laugh

But if I had to choose, I'd choose Wonderland. whee  

Alice_chan10210

Bunnywith

Business Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 pm
I pick Wonderland because I can't play chess, so I wouldn't know how to move. xD I'd be stuck on one square. Or two. Or however many squares are given in a single move to whatever piece I would be.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:19 pm
Huh... that's a good point, Kahlan. I'd never thought about it that way before, but it makes a lot of sense. Wonderland is a world Alice created and therefore needed explanation, but Looking Glass Land was just the real world flipped, so it was the emphasis on the characters that was needed, not the place. Cool. *_*

Ooh... and that's another good point; the forest when one forgets their identity is actually pretty darn creepy. But it isn't really presented as creepy, but a unifier... also super cool. ^_^

Actually, the more I think about it, the more Looking Glass Land seems like a challenge. I mean, it's constantly about playing the game; there's always a chance you'd be captured, you're constantly fighting and thinking your way out of things, and you'd be surrounded by all of these references you'd have to adapt to to survive. It sounds kinda exciting. XD

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:03 pm
Lady March Hare
Because inquiring minds need to know!

Most people know that Alice made more then one trip into fantasy worlds; just as many people seem to know that many major 'modern' interpretations tend to blend the two. But enough of that boring interpretation crap; I wanna know! If you had a chance to live in one of Alice's two worlds, which would you chose?

Here are your options, my wonderful guild-mates!:

Wonderland

Found In...
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865)

Date Alice Entered:
May 4th

Entrance Location:
Down the Rabbit Hole

Important Characters:
- Bill the Lizard
- Caterpillar
- Cheshire Cat
- Dodo
- Dormouse
- Duchess
- Gryphon
- King of Hearts
- Knave of Hearts
- Mad Hatter
- March Hare
- Mock Turtle
- Pat
- Queen of Hearts
- White Rabbit

Information/Resources:
[x] [x]

'Looking-Glass Land'

Found In...
Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (1871)

Date Alice Entered:
November 4th

Entrance Location:
The Mirror over Alice's Fireplace Mantle

Important Characters:
- The Garden of Talking Flowers
- Red Queen
- Tweedledum and Tweedledee
- White Queen
- The Sheep
- Humpty Dumpty
- White King
- The Lion and the Unicorn
- Haigha
- Hatta
- Red King
- White Knight

Information/Resources:
[x] [x]

Vote and Discuss! Go!

I would live in Wonderland and take vacations in Looking Glass land smile I think I would buy a vacation home and go to Looking Glass land in summer xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 pm
I would live in Wonderland.

Have tea with the Mad Hatter, March Hare, and the Dormouse.
Keep an eye on time with the White Rabbit.
Contemplate "Who am I" with the Caterpillar.
Make (non-turtle) soup with the Mock Turtle.
Go under the pseudonym "Um".
Ignore the Knave of Hearts.

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:03 pm
Victoria Whitechapel
I would live in Wonderland and take vacations in Looking Glass land smile I think I would buy a vacation home and go to Looking Glass land in summer xd

Haha, having the best of both worlds... that's cheating! Tehe, only not really... that sounds like it would be a nice set up. *nod nod* I wonder where a smart house hunter in Looking Glass land would put a summer home...  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff