Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:49 pm
User Image

Naim'Namir has been away longer then he has ever been before, granted he has only ever been away as long as a day, but still he was beginning to wonder how his family was doing back at Ukuucha'Wafalme.

The young lion looked around himself and didn't recognize anything really he was completly out of his home territory and he wasn't sure how he liked it. So far this coming of age quest has been more of an adventure but every time he felt excitement build to cub like levels he remembered his mother and how she now limped from a chance encounter in the rouge lands. He could only hope that he never had such encounters since he really did dislike fighting.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:09 pm
User Image

Karaglen was lazy, like always. Sitting in a tree that she decided to call her own for the time being. Of course, every day was a new tree. She liked them all equally while she used them. Though, they were her's until she found another tree. Today's tree was very nice, but not very tall. She was probably almost too heavy for it, since the branch she was laying on was drooping down a bit. Though, she didn't put any thought to it. It was going to hold her up for now, and that was what matters.

She had dropped her carcass of whatever she was eating on the ground. Not much left of it. Bits of fir, and the stuff she didn't care for. It was once a jackal. It got too close to her, and she was very hungry. It looked like a tasty meal at the time. And, it was. Her tail flicked back and forth as her eyes were mostly shut. She was enjoying the afternoon heat.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:24 pm
Namir was startled when a bunch of bones and fir drooped from a tree that was just a short distance away from him. "What the..." he muttered as he walked closer to investigate. He glanced at what was left of a jackal, not that it was very much, before he glanced up to see where it had fallen from.

At first he didn't see the leopardess sitting in the tree, her dark fur blended in with the sun dappled branches of the tree. It was the movement of her tail that drew his attention which soon helped him spot her. She looked to be sun bathing in the bit of sun that filtered through the leaves. He hesitated a moment before calling up to her, after all if she really didn't want to talk she could always ignore him, "Hello?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:38 pm
Her eyes opened more, but no other movement happened. She saw the lion... Or what she was sure was a lion, sitting at the bottom of the tree. Which, was a lot closer then she had realized. He wasn't big, but almost bigger then she was. Which told her he wasn't an adult yet. "Hello." She replied. Slightly annoyed that her silent moment after eating was disturbed. Yet also relieved. She really enjoyed talking to others. Even if they weren't leopards.

She thought everyone had a good story, even Lions and Cheetahs. Which is what she liked to hear.... stories. They interested her, and she liked to change their stories and make them her own. Even if they weren't. She liked to pretend she did the things they did. It made her seem so much more wild and outgoing. Made other's find interest in her.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:08 pm
Namir smiled when she greeted him back. It seemed that she was willing to deal with company and maybe she knew a bit about healing which would be extremely lucky. "Hi. I'm Niam'Namir although I go by Namir and I'm just wandering through. You?"

She seemed friendly or at least indifferent so he had no worries about at least talking to her. It didn't even cross his mind that maybe she would be willing to be his banu, he could return to the pride then. Namir remembered why he was out in the rouge lands but for him that was not the only reason. He wanted to return as a healer and a pad so first he needed to learn to be a healer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 pm
"Karaglen" She spoke, but didn't shorten her name. There was no reason for it. It just rolled nicely off her tongue. Sounded much better then just calling herself Kara or Glen. She raised a brow at him. "You.... Are a lion, yes?" She asked him carefully. She didn't want to think him something he's not. She'd never actually seen a lion up close. At least one as young as this one. Normally they had full manes. Though females didn't, but he didn't sound like a female.  

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:29 pm
"Nice to meet you Karaglen." He smiled and nodded at her question. "Yup a lion from the Ukuucha'Wafalme." Unlike her he knew she was a full grown leopardess after all she looked sort of like his Aunt Maua, except for different coloring.

After a moments pause he asked, "So was the jackal good?" He had never had one before so he was a bit curious as to what it tasted like thought he assumed that it was much like the rabbits, gazelle, and fish that was the typical staple in his family's den.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:42 pm
She smiled at her own successful species naming skills. She was quite proud of herself for that fact. She raised a brow, she didn't know what Ukuucha'Wafalme was. Nor could she even pronounce it. "Whats... Ukoocha'Waphme?" She new she didn't say it right, but that was okay. Hopefully he didn't get angry at her for it. She wasn't sure what lions were nice and what weren't. Or what set them off.

She shrugged. "I'd prefer a zebra, or a antelope." She said with a smile. "But it was there, and it wouldn't leave me alone. So it was dinner" That was as simple as it got. It was good for a jackal she supposed, but it wasn't her preferred dish to munch on. There wasn't much to them jackals... but enough to keep her good for the day.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:03 pm
He laughed lightly, "Ukuucha'Wafalme, or the U'W if its easier. It's my pride and its back that way." Namir gestured west. While he could not say exactly where it was he knew that when it was time to go home he could follow the setting sun and soon would find familiar landmarks to take him the rest of the way home.

"I like gazelle my self. I cant say as I've had zebra but I have had antelope a few times. " Namir laughed hard when she said the jackal wouldn't leave her alone so it was dinner. "I guess I would feel that way too if it was bugging me although I dont think I would be fast enough to catch it myself." He laughed lightly again, having no issues making fun of himself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:12 pm
She smiled. He seemed to get a kick out of what she said. That was a small bit of relief. She raised a brow and looked towards the way he pointed. That didn't say much. But it wasn't like she was going in looks of his pride. It wasn't something she wanted. She smiled again, looking back at him as he found her story funny. "It's not hard when they come into reach of my claws" She simply said. They were annoying creatures, she discovered. They weren't fun at all. She wasn't sure what it was doing, but she didn't care. Perhaps it only wanted to be her friend... Well, that was it's mistake.

"I, myself, don't come from a pride. Nor have I had gazelle." She said with a shrug. "Most lions aren't generous to leave such fine things behind, seeing as Gazelle's aren't really that big." She said with a nod.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:47 pm
He smiled and said cheekily "I guess I should stay out of the reach of your claws too since my brothers call me annoying all the time." Namir was having fun talking Karaglen. She was really the first that he had met outside of the pride and Namir was glad that she was friendly.

"Oh? Any reason why you dont have a pride or do you just like being on your own?" Namir was a lion who was all about family so he really was curious as to what made someone want to be on there own for longer then a few months. Even a few months was a long time for him. "I guess I can understand that. My mom always brought back gazelle because they were small and easy for her to carry. Though we normally had to have something more then just gazelle since there were so many of us." He smiled again but with a slight sad edge to it, he was missing his family.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:52 pm
She laughed. "You're a bit too big for my hunger likes." She assured him. She wouldn't take on anything too big. When she got zebra, it was only left overs from others who had caught it. She wouldn't put too much effort into things like that. Why do it, when one didn't have to?

Silly question, yet she had no real answer to it. "I guess, I wasn't born in one." She simply said. She never really knew about prides, or what they did. A group of silly creatures together to what? She wasn't sure. Maybe if there was one out there with her own likes, she'd join. But she highly doubted that.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:41 pm
"I guess that's a good thing then because I don't think I would taste too good." Namir laughed again and smiled. He really was getting bigger. When he was a cub he was a bit smaller then average but as he grew he became larger and now he was average size and still growing. He guessed he was lucky because his twin was even smaller then their mother, who was slightly smaller then the average lioness. Namir figured that he took after his father when it came to size rather then his mother who he took after in coloring, for the most part.

"Oh. Um..." Namir didn't know what to say about that. He knew that not everyone was born into prides, heck most of the females that would likely be brought back from the quest would not be born in prides but that didn't mean the young lion knew what to say. "I guess everyone grows up differently then."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:48 am
She nodded in agreement to that. "Well, if everyone grew up the same, life would be dull and not very exciting." She told him with another nod. She didn't know how she'd like being like everyone else. It was almost mind bottling to think about. "I mean, would you really want to be like everyone else?" Of course, she didn't really know this male. Perhaps he liked following a crowed. She didn't know. She liked being the odd leopard out. It was fun, it got her noticed more.

"It's so much more exciting not knowing if the one you meet next will hurt you, or if you'll be come best friends." She told him. Though, she wasn't big on the pain part, but it still made sense to her. It was exciting to get away from a bad creature. Even if at the time it didn't seem so. The rush it gave was like... Woah.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:30 pm
"I guess that is true," Namir said after a moment of thought to contemplate such a world. "Nope. I have issues just being myself." He smiled trying to joke. Namir knew that it was the individual personalities that made others unique and and in most cases interesting to know, although not in all cases.

"Well I don't know about that. I don't really relish the idea of encountering someone who will intentionally hurt me but meeting new people is exciting." Namir really was a lion who did not enjoy fighting, not that he couldn't. He was more aimed to healing those who get in fights rather then being one of the fighters.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff