Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
[Contest] Kizingo'Zaa cub RP contest! [Closed winner page 3] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:44 am
Welcome to this RP contest! If you're unfamiliar with SoA, well... You're in the guild, the rules are all around you! 8D

User Image

This is an RP contest for a cub in the Kizingo'Zaa pride! Not familiar with them? You can go read up here. 8D

Opens: Now!
Closes: Tuesday, September 14, time 9 pm EST!

Post guide
1- Intro and rules
2- The cub and her family
3- The prompts
4- The entry list
5- Reserved

Rules- because every contest needs rules, right? (I may add more as they come, but nothing drastic will change. :3)
> Follow all Gaia and SoA shop rules
> Make sure you read up on the pride; understand and abide by pride rules, and understand the culture :3
> This is open to anyone- SoA in the pride, pride newbie, SoA newbie, whoever!
> Please use the names that you will be giving the cub- it just makes it easier for me when I have to find certing info. XD
> Please, no emo-ing in here- pity parties aren't cool.
> Do not discourage others from entering.
> Be nice to others! 8D
> Should you win, I would like you to keep the cub with the family (and the pride) until adolescence, at least. If you decide to have them leave after that, please let me know (so that Natsu, the cub's mom, knows. XD)
> I would prefer if you didn't edit your posts, but if you do, please make a note that you did, and when you did. (I'd like it if you put what you edited in a different color. XP I read as I go along, so if you draw attention to it, we should be good.)
> While good grammar and spelling is nice, nobody's perfect. XD What we're judging here is the cub's personality, not your grammar. (Though, if you slaughter the english language, that won't earn you points. A few mistakes here and there aren't going to hurt your chances. ;D)
> Only answer one prompt, please. ;D
> If you need to, you may mildly RP as one of the family members. (For instance, the third prompt includes a training session with Karvs. It would be hard to have anything happen if Karvanis didn't do anything, right?) Just keep in mind- this is an RP contest for our girly here- not for her dad, mom, or siblings. The cub should be the main focus of your entry. <3
> If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :3
> Most important rule: Have fun! 8D  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:45 am
So, here's the moment you've all been waiting for, right? ;D Here's who's behind curtain number 3! 8D

User Image

Ain't she cute? ;D

Anyway, here's her siblings, for those who are interested. I think most of their personalities are still in the works, but I'll put info on them up as I get it. 8D
Napenzi (cub name) (Owned by Nuxaz) - Zi will be protector to all those who need one; she's brave and always ready to protect the innocent!
Mkinaifu (cub name) (owned by Light Atago) - Kinai is a bit paranoid, and definitely crazy. He's antisocial due to fear of others being out to get him, and he's only truly comfortable with his family and his muse, the grass, and he's still trying to work out whether reality is... real. (Keep in mind that he won't find his muse until he's about a juve, so as a cub his mother will be the only force to get him to be social outside of his relatives. :3) He's destined to be a Dreamer.
Yahto (Cub name) (owned by _ p a o cx) - Another space-case like his sorta-twin brother, Kinai. Also destined to be a dreamer.
Ni'Kahvu (Cub name) (Owned by Shinrin Okami) -
5 (Owned by inglorious D) -
Bawa`Mtoto (cub name) (Owned by Greenie O_O) - She'll be similar to her Father in Super-Hero ways, but only for Nocturnal things.
Breenie (cub name) (Owned by Katjive) - If Karvanis is a superhero, Mia ((part of her adult name)) is a supervillain. Though she's not outright evil, she's clever and devious...and has a very loose set of morals. She also will be willing to learn the path of a healer from her mother, as a sort of "just-in-case" thing. Her muse is reptiles.

And some info on their parents, which might help you come up with a prompt:

Natsuki and Karvanis are both members of the Kizingo'Zaa pride, and both formerly rogues. They had a fling, and they get along quite well. They'll both be taking care of and raising the litter, so it's not like these cubs have no mom or no dad around in their lives. :3

Natsuki is a healer for the pride- she's always got a fresh stock of herbs and plants, and is always looking to help people with her abilities. Her muse is plants (in general.) XP

Karvanis is a watcher for the pride- Karvs believes himself to be a superhero, so he goes around and protects and helps others. His muse is the stars.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 am
The prompts and the form:
Please use this form- don't leave anything blank. :3

Prompt 1
Your mother and father have decided to take you and your siblings to the beach today! Are you happy to go? Are you upset? What do you do while you're there, what piques your interest the most, and what's the highlight of your trip? Are you gonna pester mom and dad to go back again another day, or are you just glad that it's over?

Prompt 2
You've been out playing or exploring (or whatever) today away from the den and away from your siblings, but it's not looking too good. See, there's a storm rolling in, and... well, you can't remember for the life of you which way home is. What do you do? How do you feel- panicked? Or do you stay cool?

Prompt 3
Your father has decided to take you out for a training session! What will he teach you, and what do you think of this? Do you learn anything? How do you feel about your superhero father?

[size=9][b]Your username:[/b]
[b]Your cub's names (both cub and "adult" names, meanings are loved but not required!:[/b]
[b]Brief personality overview:[/b] (Include any craziness, please~ (Light's curious. XD))
[b]What is her muse?[/b] (We're very interested in this, just FYI. XD)
[b]Prompt number:[/b]
[b]Prompt response:[/b]
[/size]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:55 am
Entry list:
Username (prompt number)

Page 1
Kitsune Mistress Nyoko (2)
Grand Boq (2)

Page 2
Day Dreamer 427 (1)
Sabra Knight (2)
Kaisanti (3)
Redbud-Tree (2)
ShinosBee (2)
Naysha Aysha (3)
Nessiaing (1)
Sasu Berry (2)
Reverie Rose (1)

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:56 am
Reserved~  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:57 am
Aaaand open for posting! 8D  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Matahari Harimau

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:37 pm
I will enter 8D

*enters everything to try and get her first*  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:13 pm
Your username: Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
Your cub's names: Marijani (Coral in Swahili), Dharba'tunduzi (Storm Watcher in Swahili)
Brief personality overview: Marijani is, to be perfectly frank, not all there. There's something distinctly off about her, and you'd never realize it until you attempted to touch her... She hates being touched, and often lashes out or throws temper tantrums when physical contact is initiated. She doesn't mean for this to happen, but it's the only way she knows how to display her dislike of it - especially given the fact that she refuses to speak to others. It's unknown whether these quirks are due to the Pride's Blessing, or if she was just born with them. In fact, her most "real" sign of insanity is the fact that she can often be found mumbling nonsense to herself.
What is her muse? Storms
Prompt number:
Prompt 2
You've been out playing or exploring (or whatever) today away from the den and away from your siblings, but it's not looking too good. See, there's a storm rolling in, and... well, you can't remember for the life of you which way home is. What do you do? How do you feel- panicked? Or do you stay cool?
Prompt response: "Left... Right... Back... Back..."

Marijani had been wandering around for most of the day, sniffing at flowers and just getting away... Away. She liked it when she was away. Away from the noise, away from the others. Just away. The pride was too crowded. It made her head hurt hurt hurt. But there was only one problem...

"Left... Right... Right?"

She couldn't remember the way back to the den.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem. Normally, she could just sit in the middle of the pride and stare until someone pointed her in the right direction. But today the air was crackling rather threateningly at her ears, and her fur was on end from the static humming through the air rather menacingly. And mommy would worry worry worry if she didn't come back soon! She didn't like it when mommy worried. When mommy worried, mommy would groom her. Grooming meant touching and touching was bad bad bad.

The air crackled again, and this time lightning rent the sky in the distance. Marijani jumped into the air, fur fluffing up and lips pulled back in a cub snarl. The only reply she got was a raindrop plopping right onto the bridge of her nose before rolling down the side of her muzzle. The crackle light was loud loud loud! She didn't like it, not at all! But at the same time... It was different. She hadn't known light could make noises!

One ear twitched backwards, and she began to pad forward again... She really needed to find her way back to the den. Or at least to the main pride area. Someone would show her the way to get back! Of course, that wasn't very hard. The pride area wasn't far away. She could smell the pride in the air, lion lion lion everywhere she turned to sniff sniff sniff! It only took her a few moments to find her way back to there, but she had no idea to find where her den was from there...

So rather than look, she sat down in a nice visible spot in the middle of the pride, and just stared blankly at the lightning in the distance. She hadn't liked it at first... But now that she'd had time to get used to it... It wasn't so bad. In fact, it was kinda making her sleepy...

Delicate coral-colored jaws parted in a sleepy yawn as Marijani curled up in the middle of the pride. It didn't take long for the soft drip drip drip of the rain to lull her to sleep right there, curled up in a ball with her fur slick and sticking to her skin. It was like this that her mother found her and carefully carried her back to the den.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:25 pm
*updates ze list* 8D  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:26 pm
definitly entering after work ^^  

SykoticDays

Blessed Lunatic

Matahari Harimau

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:17 pm
Your username: Matahari Harimau
Your cub's names (both cub and "adult" names, meanings are loved but not required!:
Nyekundu Jpi meaning 'Red Sun' (Cub name)
Asubuhi Moto meaning 'Dawn Fire' (Adult name)
Brief personality overview:
A Fathers daughter? Indeed she is. She looks like her father just as much as she idolizes him. She believes that is is almost amazing that he helps others so much and she tries hard to be like him and do everything like him. But it seems she always goes head over heels. Whenever she tries to help others it seems she helps to much and makes to much of a problem then she started with. This course of actions left her doubted and almost left with no one asking her for help. She struggles to find her muse (part of a plot to find herself I guess and her muse) and what she is truly good at. But she has high hopes and a survivor none the less. She has a passion for what she will become like a fire in her heart that will burn and spread fast and far.
What is her muse? Fire, as a cub however she convinced herself it was the sun but she was wrong. Her real muse if Fire!
Prompt number: Prompt 3 Wrote:
Quote:
Your father has decided to take you out for a training session! What will he teach you, and what do you think of this? Do you learn anything? How do you feel about your superhero father?

Prompt response:

Swing. duck. Swipe. Dodge.

"Faster! harder! come on Nye" said a voice that rang in her ears. She pushed herself hard, the blood pulsing in her ears. She just could not get the moves right. She stopped out of breath and looked up at her father, a hero to others but most importantly her. Her eyes were pained with frustration and anger. She looked up as the sun was setting. They had been at it all day and she had made no progress.

She felt a muzzle on her head, her father. He was warmed and smiled at her "Do not worry you will get better with more practice" His voice said in a calm soothing way. He had been trying to teach her some fighting moves and techniques incase they needed to defend the pride.

Her heart fell into a hole of nothing when he walked to give them a break. All she could feel was disappointment in letting her father down. He was so amazing and so spectacular compared to her. She just wanted to walk in his foot steps and have people idolize her like she did to him.

She knew her father being like a hero meant that he knew his fighting moves well, she did not understand why she could not pick it up. She walked over to a tree and sat in the shade in exhaustion and frustration. She wanted to make him proud after this break, she had too. She looked up to the sun and sighed. She was useless, but she could not give up.

She stood up and walked back to where her father was waiting for her. "Lets try again" she said determined. She felt a passion in her heart and soul to continue and never give up. Something sparked and she did not know what it was.

They began the moves again this time she struck and dodged with power and strength. It was like a fuel of energy she would never have expected. She flowed with every move like it was something she knew this whole time that was suddenly unleashed.

Her father stopped after a bit, stunned, his face turned into a huge smile. Something she had yet to see in his eyes or seen him express to her.

Pride.

That look of pride in her fathers face made her smile, she felt she actually did something right for once. He walked over to her and touched her nose to his "I think you found what you were looking for, you just need to find it every time" he said as he turned and walked away. He stopped before and turned around "I am glad your my daughter" he said before turning and walking out of her sight.

His words were like a riddle but she knew one day she would understand what they meant. She felt for once like she knew what she was doing and nothing could ever beat the way her father made her feel that day.

And whatever that spark was that she felt today she wanted to find again. She would never give up on finding it, just like she never gave up on making her father proud.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:43 pm
List updated~ XP  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:22 am
User Image

The newest addition to the litter is my custom.. who still needs a name<3

She'll be similar to her Father in Super-Hero ways, but only for Nocturnal things lol =]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:54 am
Thank you for the info, Greenie! Make sure to let me know her names/muse as soon as you get them. :3 (PM or AIM or... whatever. XD) *goes to update posts up there; isn't going to update family image since her photoshop's being a royal pain* XD  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Grand Boq

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:50 am
Your username: Grand Boq
Your cub's names: Poikilo. (It means "varied or irregular" ... In other words, special.) Kaze'chokyo (means "Wind Tamer" )
Brief personality overview: Poikilo is very duty-oriented. She is very loyal, faithful, and dependable. She places great importance on honesty and integrity. She is a "good citizen" who can be depended on to do the right thing for her families and pride. While she generally take things very seriously, she can also have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or "duty"-related gatherings. Though her bit of insanity might make it a little difficult to fulfill her responsibilities, she's determined not to let it slow her down... Even though half the time she doesn't realize when she's going into an episode of interactive auditory and visual hallucinations.
What is her muse? Wind
Prompt number: 2
Prompt response:
"I swear I saw it here earlier..." The young lioness let her over-sized paw drop to the earth with a thud as she breathed a heavy sigh of frustration. "Maybe it crawled away..." Poikilo crouched to an amateur hunting position as she scanned the horizon for that elusive "walking" seaweed. A faint crackle in the sky tore the cub from her hunt as she gazed in awe at the light show taking place in the distance. The sky had been dark and gray for hours, but she hadn't taken notice to the ascending storm until now.

With a worried glance in every direction, she called out to her prey. "The sky says it's time go go home!" After an expectant pause, yet no reply, she gave another shout. "I told my sister I wouldn't come back without you!" There was a distinct tone of distress in her voice now. What would her family, especially her sister, think of her if she didn't come home with her (much spoken of and little seen from) best friend Walking Seaweed? Giving up on her desperate search, the little lioness turned the way she came and marched.

Soon it became clear she was lost. She inhaled a breath of moist air to calm herself, she knew very well it was a bad thing to panic in a situation like this. Soon, her father would come to her rescue. She just had to sit there and clench her 'blessed' blue eyes...

Is he here yet? The impatient cub peeked one eye open, but quickly shut it when her father didn't appear. Nope, I gotta clench my eyes tighter. The strain in her face was apparent as, not only her eyes tightened, but her entire face. I just gotta sit here and clench my eyes... and feel the sand in my toes... And the breeze in my fur... The immense concentration couldn't be broken even as a bolt of lightening flashed across the sky, followed by an intense roar of thunder.
The gentle tempest caressed the cub's silk coral fur along her flank, bringing her to open her eyes.

"There you are father! I knew you would come!"
She bounced in the presence of her "father's" silent form. Finally, she could go home and snuggle into the warmth of her family. The familiar figure led her away into the distance, but Poikilo took no notice to his unusually distant behavior.

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff