[FIN] The Hunt: Yorath x Fenja

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:56 pm
User Image Yawning, Yorath blinked the last sleep out of his eyes and stretched out his body before standing up gracefully. The sun had been out for quite awhile or so it would seem as steam rose from stone outside his once cool cave. Panting a little to cool himself down, Yorath decided a quick dip in the water before hunting was the best way to start his day.

With a brisk walk Yorath arrived in his swimming hole in no time. Getting in and out Yorath shook the excess water from his mane and fur, the breeze felt wonderful. His lazy and peaceful moment was interrupted by the growling of his stomach. " Hm, it would seem that is my cue to find something to eat. " Yorath said aloud, his deep rumbly voice echoing a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:42 pm
User Image

Fenja‘s stomach had been growling for quite a bit. She’d had a pretty good week until the day before so, in the name of balance, it was only natural that she’d have a few days with a little less luck. Thankfully, she could tell she was close to a waterhole and the prospect of a nice cool bath (with the added bonus of a few little fishes to fill her belly) left her in a pretty good mood.

As she drew near the water’s edge, however, the strong scent of wet lion reached her nostrils and she froze on the spot, paws already beginning to soak on the cool water. Prism-colored eyes saw the male emerge – not too closely thankfully - and the lioness’ ears perked up curiously, honestly wondering why she didn’t see lions do this more often. Sometimes the bright girl thought she was the only one who truly knew how to enjoy a nice swim – obviously she was mistaken.

They seemed on the same wavelength on more ways than one. Her stomach grumbled again as if on cue with the male’s words. Fenja eyed the nearest tree for reassurance until she felt comfortable enough in revealing her presence… if he hadn’t noticed already.

“Hello.” Her eyes followed the male’s markings with curious appreciation and she couldn’t help but to smile a little.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:12 pm
Inner thoughts of hunt were semi-interrupted by an unknown voice. Growling for a moment at the intrusion because he was startled, it took him a second to pin point where the voice had come from. A beautifully colored lioness clinging to a thick branch above him peered downward with smile graced upon her face. " Hello there," He replied cheerfully once he sensed no sent of danger around the unknown female. He was about to go on but the rumbling from his stomach chose that moment to interrupt.

Clearing his throat in embarassment he proceeded to say, " Sorry about that, it would seem my stomach is telling me its time for something to eat and by the sounds of it, it sounds like you are hungry as well. I am not usually like this but how would you like to accompany me on a little hunt?" He invited outloud in hopes the unknown lioness would join him, two was better than one when it came to hunting. He also hoped he wasn't too forward with the invitation of hunting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:22 pm
Fenja tensed a little as the male growled and took the tiniest step back but he was quick to reassure her with his words and she had a hard time finding him a threat. Still, on the back of her mind, she was still a suspicious girl and the lioness wondered for an instant if the male really wanted to hunt with her or if he was just trying to use her and planning to run off with the spoils later. Well, she was hungry enough to take the chance this time.

“Hungry as well?” she moved a little closer, taking a moment to admire the wing pattern on the male and her smile grew a little wider. “Yes, I would very much like that. I’m Fenja by the way.”

The pale lioness turned from the black-maned lion and eyed a spot on the horizon.

“There’s a herd not far from here. It’s a big one with gazelles, zebras and wildebeest… it will not be easy to get closer.” Especially considering the brightness of her coat. “Do you know any other places in area where we might find something?”

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:14 pm
Looking his fill, he took in the lioness before him more closely. It seemed her fur gleamed when the sun shone on her and her angelic pattern was just as lovely. " Yes, I am starving to be honest. It has been sometime since my last meal, a meal that was bountiful." He gave a little chuckle. " It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Fenja." He bowed gentlemenly before continuing on. " My name is Yorath. Hmmmm." He rumbled with pleasure at the thought of gazelle meat.

" None that I can think of at the moment and we really don't want to spend too much time in the heat. If only we had more lions with us, taking down a herd of gazelle would be so much easier. What we are going to have to do is separate one member and take it down. It is the logical solution. What do you think? " He looked at Fenja to see what she thought of his suggestion..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 pm
Fenja smiled at his honesty, feeling a little more at ease. The lioness knew better than to trust a stranger but she really liked the male’s gentleman ways and the fact he’d asked her opinion.

“Sounds like a good plan.” She answered with a smile before she took a few steps away from the grey lion. “Mmmm. It’s this way.”

“So Yorath… I trust you are a rogue?” the pale lioness asked lightly after a brief pause, breaking into a slow trot, obviously expecting to be followed. She scanned the area absentmindedly looking for any potential threats or nuisances. Thankfully there were no vultures around, she’d hate to have the annoying birds following them around and giving away the lions’ position when they got closer to the herd.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:57 am
" Good, I am glad you agree! I will follow your lead." Yorath gestured with his arm outstretched and allowing her to walk before him, as she technically knew the way to their food. Yorath nodded at her question while following her, " Indeed I am infact a rogue. To be honest, I haven't really ventured out of the roguelands yet. I find myself quite comfortable here and what about yourself? I am assuming you are a rogue as well? " Yorath took in the path for future reference, incase he wanted to hunt by himself or family.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:10 am
The pale lioness hadn’t expected her question to be returned so quickly and she seemed to consider it carefully.

“Mmmm. Yes, I’m one as well.” She started softly gaining a few extra seconds to consider her answer. “I love it here. I love the freedom, the animals, and the changing terrains. I don’t like to feel confined to certain areas. And even though I’m usually alone, I rarely feel lonely. But…“

She kept walking, slowing down just enough so that she’d be right next to Yorath.

“It’s not very safe. There are some seriously mean creatures out there and weird prides. I used to be pretty reckless but I’m realizing than I need to be more careful. I will probably join a pride one day… maybe. I think it’s inevitable. I’m met a few pride lions and I hope I find a nice one day."

Alright, that was definitely enough about her. The lioness smiled looked ahead pointing her nose to an area ahead.

“After that elevation there, we’ll be able to see them. Maybe some of them are resting under the trees. We’ll get better cover if some of them moved to the dense foliage areas.“

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:33 am
Yorath continued to listen to her speak, he found it soothing. He nodded here and there when he agreed to something she was saying. " Yes, indeed there are many dangerous animals out there as there are friendly. You must always be cautious with those you meet. I too hope to settle down somewhere, someplace of my own choosing. Somewhere with my children and my children's children, a place that is safe and where my children can grow without fear, hunger." He kept pace with her now as she moved beside him.

Tilting his head, he listened for the sound of hooves on the ground, nose twitching periodically to smell them out. " Alright. " Slowing his pace, he crept out and took in the sight before him. A whole herd of gazelles gathered in a group of about twenty. " So what is the plan? Would you like me to go up from the otherside and distract them while you attack? Or would you like to do the honors of distraction?"

It was best to get a plan together before hunting, that way they were on the same wavelength and not confused.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:35 am
The bright lioness took in the male’s words with an occasional agreeing hum even though raising a family wasn’t exactly on her plans for the future- on the contrary. Now that the lions were moving closer to the herd, Fenja laughed a little more quietly as they really needed to start being more careful.

“Sounds good. Except for one thing…” she trotted forward a little faster and placed herself right in front of Yorath. She turned her face back to take a proper look at her bright coat before she continued in rather playful tone. “I do believe I’m a little more suited for the distraction part, my friend.”

The pale lioness let out a small chuckle before she bounced back into her previous position by the grey lion’s side.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:36 pm
With a half smile Yorath took in Feija's words. " Alright then, distract away! Then we shall feast." Yorath nodded towards the herd before getting into hunting position. He hoped their plan would work, he was very hungry. He watched as Feija went on ahead snapping now and then at the gazelles, gathering them together before he struck. With powerful muscles and sharp reflexes Yorath picked up his pace and slashed at two gazelles. They were down in an instant and he slashed once more for the final kill. " There, one for each of us." He felt pretty proud of himself, it had been a sucessful day and he had met a pleasing female to share meal with. They talked for sometime, almost until mid-afternoon. It was now it was time to part ways as often happened when he met others. He said his farewells and talked of meeting hopefully again before making his way onward.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games