[AIM Log] The Future (Nyline&Namir)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 pm
It seemed like only yesterday that Namir was a rough and tumble cub but now he was a adolescent, almost an adult. It was almost time for him to go out into the world to find a banu but Namir is not so sure how that is going to work. Was any of his other brothers worried about the journey they will have to take? How does his sisters think of the idea of going to a pad of their father's choosing, although to be honest their father was not the type to give them away without taking in account his daughter's feelings and Tsubame will have some say in it as well, or Maua as the case will eventually be.

Namir pondered these questions and the future in general while lazing underneath a tree by the family den. He didn't really want to head out into the more populated areas of the pride lands but didn't really want to be alone with his thoughts. He just wished he knew more about what the future will bring and if he will find love like his parents have.

Nyline was also thinking about the future today - having recently grown into a longer-legged and somewhat awkward adolescent. She was a little afraid to leave her loving family for a Pad she knew nothing about... though she knew that was the way of things. Nothing she did was going to change it. She didn't really -want- to change it, but the idea still made her nervous. Padding out of the den, she glanced around, and spotted her brother beneath a tree. "Hey," she said, smiling. "What are you doing?"

Namir looked up at his sister Nyline when she came out of the den. "Not much, just thinking is all. You?" He scooted over a bit to give her room in the shade if she wanted to join him. For the first time Namir looked at his sister as a girl. She really was quite pretty with their father's clouds and light color but their mother's slightly darker color and more of a simple markings, she was going to make someone a good banu. Would his banu be pretty? Would she be nice? Would he ever find one? He wasn't really much of a ladies man but Namir knew that he had to find a banu or he wouldn't be allowed back and that was not an option. "You know the coming of age ceremony is soon so I've just been thinking about what I'll do, since you know I'm not much of a ladies man."

Nyline nodded and flopped down beside him. Despite her looks, she wasn't really all that ... feminine a lot of the time. She wondered if she should practice walking more gracefully or something. "I've been thinking too..." she murmured, with a sigh. "Do you think anyone will want me?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:42 pm
"Why wouldn't they? You are sweet and kind and loyal and fun to play with and lots of other things a banu should be, like Mom or Aunty Ban'ma and Aunty Maua. Dad will find someone you really will like but if you dont like him Dad won't make you, he'll find someone that you like. After all he wants us to be happy." Namir knew the truth of this since their parents have always taken their happiness into account. In a very grown-up voice with quite a bit of airs to it Namir said, "You, my dear, are quite a catch while I, on the other hand, shall shame the family by bringing back a kajira." He ment it as a joke but deep down he really was worried that when he did bring back a female she turned out to be a uncontrollable kajira, shaming him and his entire family.

Nyline flushed slightly at his praise. Even though he was her brother, it felt ... nice to be thought well of by a male. Which wasn't really a surprise, with the way this pride was structured. "I hope that I like whoever Dad chooses... I don't want to make trouble for him," she admitted quietly. Then she bapped him lightly with a paw. "Oh, no you won't, silly! I'm sure you'll find someone really nice, and who wants to come back!"

"You know Dad always takes you guys feelings into it so I wouldn't worry about that." Namir smiled but in a sad sort of a way, his sisters had it simple because while they didn't really have a lot of freedom when it came to mates, with a pad like their father they had more choice the some others do. Their happiness was practically assured, he on the other had no clue if he could find someone, and fast. Speed was a issue because Namir knew he wanted to learn to heal and since there was no real 'healer' in the pride((right???)) what ever he could learn would come in real handy.

When Nyline bopped him lightly with her paw Namir made a silly face at her before becoming serious once more. "One can only hope." Silent once again hung between them but he broke it shortly after it began. "The ceremony is in a few days. I'm not sure how long I'll be but I hope to be back soon. After all you will need all the help you can get." He made another silly face while a hard ball settled in his stomach. Fear of the unknown was always worse than the known.

"Heey," Nyline protested at that. It was playful, though - as she had noticed her brother did seem nervous about something. "I'm sure you'll be fine," she said then, tipping her head slightly to one side. After all, her brothers were all nice. Females should want to stay with them and be safe, right..?  

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:44 pm
Namir smiled at his sister again before nodding and saying "Your probably right." With luck he wont have any issues and that is all he could really hope for after all the rest was up to the gods. Trying to lighten the mood Namir said, "You the one good thing about all the boys leaving? You girls will out number dad like twelve to one if you count mom and mama Ban'ma and mama Maua. Cyrus, Haytham, and Nesrin dont count by the way." Maua had just had five new cubs which is the only reason Namir was actually looking forward to leaving, it would give him and the family more space to continue to grow.

Nyline laughed softly at that, and sat down ... tilting her head a little. "Maybe we can just .... take over~" she suggested teasingly. Of course, she'd never -really- try to do that. It wasn't a female's place to do anything unless a male told her to. But it was a deliciously wicked forbidden thought to just -consider- now and again.

Namir didn't really know how to respond to that. He knew she was joking but he also knew the history of the pride and if some of the other males heard that comment Nyline might get in trouble. "Nyline you have to promise me you wont say that to anyone else. I know that was what I implied but honestly I didn't mean it that way and I -really- dont want to you to get in trouble if someone over hears us." The pride had issues with controlling females before uniting under one sultan and moving to their present position. Their antics almost caused the destruction of the pride and Namir feared that even a hint of such a suggestion might cause a huge uproar. "Please Nyline."

Nyline winced at her brother's words. Of course he was right ... "I'm sorry..." she said softly, instantly cowed - ducking her head a little. "I didn't mean anything by it, really..." Her ears went back against her head and she looked up at him again. "I promise."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 pm
Namir felt bad that he made Nyline feel bad so he nuzzled her lightly. "I didn't mean to sound harsh I just dont want you to get hurt. I get hurt for both of us." He was thinking of the countless tumbles and scrapes and bumps and bruises he has accumulated and was somewhat surprised that he had less now then when he was a cub. Those incidences where what got him thinking about healing in the first place. Changing the topic hoping to cover the slips they both made Namir asked, "So Nyline is their a Pad your interested in, hun? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink." He didnt really get the whole subtle thing.

She smiled at that, and nuzzled him back. Really... she'd be happy to find a Pad that was just like her brother. Though she knew there was more to it than this kinda stuff... still. "I don't really know. I ... haven't met too many Pads yet, aside from Dad and well. You guys. Cause you'll all be Pads soon too."

"Well dont worry about it. It will all work out. In the mean time you can help mom out, and Aunt Ban'ma and Aunt Maua." At the mention of him and his brothers soon to be pads Namir smiled ruefully, "Yeah I guess although if having a banu is a mark of a Pad there are a few Pesars that can be considered Pads already." It sort of bothered Namir that so many of the males that were around his age already had banus but he also knew that they asked for them while he has done little to see the girls of the pride, not since he was younger at least. Shaking off his melancholy mood Namir stood. "So sister dear, how about a hunting trip before I go. I have a feeling I'll need all the help I can get." The young lion could hunt just not as well as his mother, aunts, and sisters could. And he enjoyed spending time with Nyline.

Nyline smiled at that and bobbed her head. She rather liked hunting with some of her brothers, at least the ones that would treat her as a somewhat equal partner. "Sure, that sounds like a great idea," she agreed, tail twitching about. It would probably be a good way to get rid of nervous tension as well...

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces