Welcome to Gaia! ::

Debate/Discuss Religion

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to discussing and debating different aspects of various world religions 

Tags: religion, faith, tolerance, discuss, debate 

Reply Religious Debate
could you guys please comment on this

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nikkitynikk

7,850 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:24 pm
I started a thread in the "lifestyles" forum that hasn't been getting a lot of "verbal" support (below), your comments there would be most appreciated.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lifestyle-discussion/comment-on-this/t.64448751/  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:45 pm
I would, but there are thousands of other threads like this already, each with the same thing trying to say that the Bible is preaching truth so it must be so, but that is been said as hogwash in EACH and EVERY thread and I don't want to go through all the trouble just to explain in your thread.
So instead, I will just say this....
Why are all your verses out of date? Those events have happened before in different ways, it's nothing new. Not to mention that 2012 as a religious fulcrum point can't be true because, for those who follow the bible for some reason..., the bible states the end of the world will happen when everyone least expects it. That's impossible, however, because propaganda theories are made everyday and they all suck. It's bad, and nothing else to it. The world being in a slight s**t-storm is no excuse, either.

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Dimentia44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:56 pm
...are those theories based on the idea that 2012 will result in rapture? Because that was supposed to happen in the year 1000, the date 6/6/06... the list goes on. Personally, I plan to live long enough to see my high school graduation in 2014.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:26 am
Captain_Shinzo
I would, but there are thousands of other threads like this already, each with the same thing trying to say that the Bible is preaching truth so it must be so, but that is been said as hogwash in EACH and EVERY thread and I don't want to go through all the trouble just to explain in your thread.

This pretty much sums up why I've been tired with debates in general.  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Religious Debate

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items