Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[LOG] I bet you can (Lakeisha x Shambe) FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dulcea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 pm
The sky was darkening, it seemed he was gradually coming out of the horrid desert. Shambe yawned, pausing to stretch each long limb individually. He was still dusty, unpleasant. There were days he'd wished the skies would simply open up and pour down whatever floods they might hold, this was certainly one of them. He'd not had much luck bartering help the past few days, it seemed that the southern terrain irritated others as much as it did him. He wished to be back by the ocean, but his failed sense of direction left him little choice but to continue wandering. He might come to it again eventually, but as yet he was still off course. His mane lay lazily over his eyes, but he didn't seem to care that his path was obscured. He smelled water ahead, that was a good sign. Perhaps the rather hostile lion had been telling him the truth after all.

Humming softly under her breath, Lakeisha lay flat out on the ground on her back, head and shoulders propped up on the trunk of a dusty, half-dried looking old thorn tree. At first it looked like the was simply resting, but if one cared to look closer, they could see the light sparkling off something under her paws. Violet eyes forced on the item on her chest as she slowly and patiently worked, though just what she was doing.. was something of a mystery. Pausing a moment she rubbed her cheek on the rough bark behind her, slim body stretching as much as it could in the rather awkward looking position. "Hmm... now then.... lets see...." She murmured softly to herself, gentle voice half-whispered in thoughtfulness.

The average male would have passed by, but Shambe had a certain thirst for things. The light flickered once in the corner of his eye and he was hooked. He glanced around for the source, finding only one peculiar shade against the dust. Logically, it was coming from there. As he approached he realized it was a leopardess, sitting up in a rather unusual fashion. He raised a brow, no accounting for leopards, he supposed. He shook out his mane and brushed the dust quickly from the cuff on his tail before speeding up his approach. "Hello there," he called out, smile bright across his face. He was the very picture of a charmer, trying to peer around her paws as he got closer, trying to figure out what she hid there.

Completely oblivious to the fact that she was no longer alone, the young leopard continued with her self-set project until the voice startled her. Looking up and over, briefly searching for the origin before spotting the handsome cheetah, she smiled in a friendly manner. "Hello." Lifting one paw to rub an itch on her cheek, she watched hi with a curious expression, the shimmering piece of glass, worn and rubbed smooth by the winds, revealed on her belly, along with the length of dried and twisted grass that already held several bits of things along its length. Clearly, she was attempting to attach the new item to the collection.

Shambe had to suppress a laugh of the absurdity of it, she looked almost like one of the water creatures he'd seen by the sea, holding something close on her belly like that. Instead he channeled it into a good matured chuckle, flicking his tail forward as he moved to sit down next to her. The light reflected off his gold cuff, but not in nearly so many colors as it did the glass. He felt himself oddly fascinated by it. No no, this was not the time to be distracted. His father had always taught him never to lose his senses around others, that was when you got into trouble. That was precisely how he'd gotten into trouble last time. "What is it you've got there?" he asked, gesturing with a paw, "It seems you're not having much luck with it."

Tilting her head as he moved closer, she smiled in response to his chuckle, remaining on her back as he didn't seem dangerous. Noticing him looking at her bracelet she smiled brightly. "Oh, its my collection." Shifting over onto her side she carefully placed the string of items on the ground for him to see better, as she was quite proud of her little collection. "Pretty aren't they? But yes.. I am trying to attach this new one but.. it doesn't seem to want to join the rest." Nudging the chip of old glass with a paw she sighed softly. "I'm not really sure how to fix it.." Glancing up she seemed to think for a moment, then blushed. "Oh.. I'm Lakeisha... "

"Shambe, it's nice to meet you," he said, though his eyes had fallen to rest on the bracelet, "I see... Perhaps it needs more edges?" He wasn't sure how she was trying to get them all together. Was it all tied? "You could rub it on a rock I suppose." This was truly perplexing. He'd found his own jewelry in tact, all he'd had to do was add a few feathers he'd bargained off a passing flock and they simply tucked in. He did have to admit it was a nice little collection of things, but quite a bit to be carrying around.

Smiling she bobbed her head, making the necklace already tied about her throat shimmer, now visible after she had moved out of the weirdly curled position that he had found her in. Looking down thoughtfully, she studied the ostanate piece of glass for a moment. "On a rock?" Glancing around them, searching for a sizable rock to try it on, she suddenly noticed the cheetah's own adornment. "Oh!" Leaning forwards a little she studied the end of his tail, her own curling in excitement. "How pretty!"

Shambe noticed her intrigue and flashed a self satisfied grin. So she liked that, hm? He flicked his tail for effect, the metal giving off a polished glimmer as the dust rubbed off against his fur. "I found it, I could show you where I suppose," he stretched the last bit out, gauging her for a reaction, "It's not easy though, you have to be very deserving. There's only a few of them left around here." In reality it had been a gift from his father, but he'd seen some usable scraps around before.

Violet eyes followed the movement, the leopardess entirely captivated by the shimmery gold cuff with its pretty feathers. Blinking as his words broke the spell of the item, she looked up slowly, as if it was an effort to tear her gaze from the adornment. "You would?" Excited, the young female came to her paws. "I'm not sure I am deserving... but I would like to try." Pausing she looked down at the unfinished bracelet, a little frown marring her brow. "I still don't know how to fix this.. " There was no way she'd leave it behind... but what to do?

He pawed at the pieces, letting out a low rumble. "You could bury it here, leave a landmark so you'll know where to find it. That shiny piece perhaps?" He glanced around the horizon, squinting into the distance, "There doesn't appear to be anyone coming." Granted, he didn't know whether they'd be coming back this way, since she seemed rather distracted and his own sense of direction was rather... Conditional. "Or I suppose you could carry it in your mouth?" That was certainly a less appetizing option, but it might get her moving.

Biting her lip she looked worriedly at the bracelet. "I can't leave it... I can tie the band but the new piece.... OH!" Squeaking loudly she pounced on the undone bracelet, and the cheetah's paw as he had still been poking the thing when she moved. "You did it!!" Nosing the bracelet into a line she beamed happily, revealing the glass shard tangled in the bits of twisted grass. Carefully, plopping her butt back down on the dusty earth, she set about neatly winding the loose ends of the grass rope together, then slipped the mess over her paw. Smiling she looked up at him. "Thank you! Ok, I'm ready to go!"

Shambe blinked, unsure how he's managed to tangle it so perfectly. He wasn't complaining, certainly, now not only was she going with him but she seemed grateful. Returning her smile he nodded, tossing his mane out of his eyes, "Let's go then." His pace remained fairly slow as he set off, resisting the urge to keep ahead of her and show his own speed. He was rather proud of it himself, but it would probably mean little to a leopard. "I saw them in the sand just over this ridge," he told her calmly, gesturing in the direction he'd smelled the water, "Things wash up all the time." Every so often he looked back, but he knew he would know from the sound if she didn't follow.

Nodding, the bracelet safe round her leg, the sandy-hued leopardess trotted after him, moving easily over the dry landscape. She followed along in silence for a while, admiring the cuff that glinted as Shambe walked along in front of her. But eventually she figured it was rude to hang back and jogged forwards till she was kind of level with him. "So you got yours from this place we are going to?" She asked, curious.

"A place like it, yes," he told her, "It takes a long time to make, but it's worth it. You have to collect the pieces and then put them all together in the earth." He nodded thoughtfully, flicking his tail back and forth, "Mine took a whole moon to turn this way." He wasn't sure if perhaps he was taking this a little too far, but she had interested him and he wanted to see just how gullible she could be given proper confidence. If there was one thing he was able to do, it was sound confident. Well, without a massive lion staring him down at least.

Nodding she smiled, excited about the idea of making something new and as pretty as his bangle. Of course, she had no reason not to trust him, after all, everyone she had met so far had been nice to her, well, aside from the few but those really had been expected. Vultures and hyenas didn't tend to look favorably on a leopard unless it was a dead one... "I see.. so what kinds of things do you need to find for it to go in the ground? And how does it change in the earth? Do you have to do anything else or does it do it on its own?

"The earth presses it all together. You just need to find something shiny, something yellow, something hard, and some fish." He nodded sagely, "The fish are very important, you have to give one to the earth but it has to be just right, so you have to catch a bunch." Were leopards good swimmers? He'd never really taken the time to notice. Well if she wasn't she could probably still catch one or two. His stomach rumbled. "You bury it all under the sand and turn on it three times saying what you want it to be, the when you come back it'll be right there."

Pale eyes lifted to the cheetah as she listened, a look of puzzled confusion crossing her features. "Fish..? Mm.." Well.. there was no harm in trying, and after all, he did have the cuff on his tail as proof.. he had to have got it the same way right? "Ok well... I guess that doesn't sound too hard... " Still looking confused she followed along side the cheetah, wondering what to ask the items to become. She liked his cuff.. maybe he wouldn't mind if she asked for something similar?

"It's worth it, cross my heart," he told her with a smile, pausing to lift a paw to his chest, "You just might have to wait a little while." They were coming up to the water now. It was a good sized pond, certainly big enough to house fish but not quite enough for crocodiles. There was coarse rock littered around the edges, and what seemed to be the shells of some sort of crustacean. "What should we find first?" he called out, speeding up his pace until he finally came to rest at the bank.

Nodding softly she smiled, though was still confused over the whole thing. Still.. he seemed to know what he was doing. Once they reached the pool she tilted her head. "Well.. hard things are everywhere.. " .. and she didn't fancy getting wet before it was really necessary.. "Maybe the yellow thing first? And a shiny... " She would avoid pulling her bracelet apart if she could, especially so soon after fixing it.

Shambe nodded, he could certainly wait a little while for fish, this might be interesting itself. "What type of hard thing then?" He asked, gazing out around the bank, "There's an awful lot of rocks, but maybe that's too mundane." There was a strange distance in his voice, as if he wanted to lead her but felt she would be more compliant if she were making the decisions herself. "Anything that can't be broken easily, I should think."

"Oh..." Looking back up at him she tilted her head thoughtfully. Turning around slowly she studied the area, ears flickering this way and that. After a moment she set off, padding along the shoreline in search of 'something'.. though she wasn't entirely sure what it was she was looking for. Stones and rocks were not good enough.. shells? "Hmm..." Slowly she moved away from the cheetah male, pacing along slowly, head down. It was a little while before she stopped, dug at something in the ground, then turned round and started trotting back. She had made it all the way to the other side and had to circle back the way she had come to return to Shambe's side. Dropping the item before him she grinned. "How about that?" It looked like a piece of bone at first, but after a moment, it was clear that it had a shape. It was pale, scraped clean with something, and almost looked like a sitting leopard."Good no?" She chirped, excited.

His ears flipped back then forward again as he leaned down to inspect the piece. "I'm not entirely sure what it is." He made a soft clucking noise, tapping it with a paw, "It might work, it doesn't seem soft at least." As if he were a true authority on this he nodded, "Yes, I think this will work if you'd like to start digging a hole for it." He scratched at the dirt in an x pattern, as if to suggest a proper width to her, "Make sure it will fit this and your other things."

Nodding happily she stepped forwards and set about digging at the hard-baked ground. It took effort, but lowly and surely she began to make a hollow that resembled a hole. Though it as a while before she stepped back, panting and dusty. "There.... will that do?" Turning she caught the little statue up in her maw and carefully placed it in the bottom of the hole, making sure it looked ok before moving back, violet gaze lifting to Shambe for the next step.

(Dulcea and Kaisanti)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:46 am
Shambe paced around the hole, touching it a few times to ensure that it was porous and not filled with rocks. "Very good, big enough for some air to come through too!" he praised her, wrapping his tail around his side as he sat. "Next something yellow perhaps?" He wasn't sure what there was about that would meet the qualifications, though he hoped for a moment that she wouldn't resort of fur from one of them. She certainly wasn't getting any of his.

Lakeisha beamed under his praise, tail tip twitching in excitment. She couldn't help but steal looks at his tail ornament, hoping hers might come out something like it once they were done. Turning her attention back to his words she bobbed her head and stood, her necklace flashing in the light with the rhymth of her slightly elivated breathing. "Yellow..." Casting about in thought she peered around the watering hole, head canting to the side in consideration before suddenly, with a great ripple of movement, she was off and racing across the hard baked earth. At first it seemed as if she as leaving, but then her path curved to the side as the leopardess did a huge sweep of the area. Every s often she stoped and inspected something on the ground, but then set off again. The sun had shifted slightly in the sky by the time she turned and made a beeline bck to the cheetah, somehting bright and yellow clasped in her jaw. Slithering to a dusty hault before him, panting, she dropped the bright yellow feather on the ground with a massive grin. Violet eyes twinkling in triummph.

Shambe seemed confused by the finding of such a feather, and for a moment was uncomfortable. How could he miss a bird that bright? What if it had spied on him? He had certainly offended individuals with such capabilties. He shifted, not wanting to betray his discomfort. "That's... Perfect, you'll get nice bright gold from that. Tuck it under the hard thing now so it doesn't float away when you turn your back." She was sweet, he really had not expected to take it this far but he was enjoying the game. It was a shame nothing was going to happen when he left. Well, he would have fish, but nothing would happen for her. He would make sure she took some as well, at least that way it wouldn't be a day totally wasted. He caught himself in the thought, that was peculiar, he didn't usually care. Then again, they weren't usually this enthusiastic and trusting.

Beaming happily she carefully picked the feather up and tucked it under the bone already in the hole. It took a bit of nudging, hard when the hole was about the same size as her head, but finally she was satisfied with it and sat back. Her breathing had eased back to normal and she seemed just as eager as she had been when they fist started. "So.. what was the next thing? A fish?" Glancing to the ake she smiled, it was hot work, digging and treasure hunting. A nice bath while she fished would be plesent.

"A fish, or the shiny thing. I suppose fish scales are shiny, but I don't know if you can use one thing for both." What the hell? He mentally slapped himself, he was getting caught up in his own game. The fish were what he had come here for in the first place, how was he now negotiating himself out of them? "You could, I think," he added. Was he really so set on making his own rules harder? He would need to spend some time alone to sort this mess out later. It was obvious that she was just gullible, he wouldn't let that get to him. "Lots of fish."

Tilting her head as she looked at him curiously she considered his words. Ears flicking in thought. "Hmm well... if its not certain then I'd rather be safe.. so.. shiney thing first!" That way, she could bathe and then not have to run about getting hot and sweaty again afterwards. Smiling to him she turned and set off, this time not quite sure what to look for. Meandering her way around the lake is was some time before she stopped and pawed at something. Pausing she studied it, moved a few paces then returned, clearly unsure. But eventualy she caught whatever it wa sin her mouth and begane the trip  back to him. Trotting up she carefully placed the shell piece infront of him. It was dull cream until she turned it over with a paw, revealing the glimmering mother of pearl inside that had caught her eye. "Will that do?"

Shambe tapped the piece back and forth in the sunlight, catching some glints off of it. It was more pearlescent than shiny, but he really did not want to drag this game on longer than he had to, he wasn't sure he wouldn't just tell her it was all a lie if she kept looking at him with those big doubtless eyes. Even someone like him couldn't ignore that, as much as he wished he could. "It'll work great, it's very pretty," he said, cringing a bit. She made him unsettled, and he didn't like that. Perhaps it was because he kind was not so different from his own, he would need to find a lion to give the run around after this, that always refreshed his good nature.

Nodding with satisfaction, Lakeisha had no idea of the thoughts running through the cheetah's mind. Quite happy with their activites and really rather enjoying herself. The game of 'find the treasure' was far more interesting than sitting by herself in the hot sun. At his agreement she nudged the piece over into the hole and carefully settled it beside the bone fragment. Sitting back she turned her friendly gaze back to Shambe, clearly awaiting his next requirement.

"I think the fish are all that are left. We need a lot of them." Before he could stop himself he felt his mouth moving again, "I'll help." Well, there it went. He had botched his own con, how would one consider it successful if you did the work yourself? She was infuriating, and he felt his face beginning to twitch nervously. He didn't like this, she needed to question him, to falter, to do something that showed she wouldn't follow him like a puppy. Had she been a lion if may have been different, but as it stood everything about her was piercing and irritating, like a bug got under your skin. "I'll... In the water I guess."

Lake smiles warmly and stood up, giving a shake of her warm sunshine and ocean hued fur. "Ok!" Trotting over to the lake the sleek leopardess dove straight into the water, surfacing soaking wet and giggling at the cold. Padding out a ways she settled down to do some serious fishing, though looked up and back at her companion with a smile. "Should be too long." Turning back to the water he was soon infull gear, diving head-first into the water after fish and proving to be a fairly compitent fisherwoman. Soon enough fish began to collect on the shore where she tossed them.

Shambe dove in after her as he'd said, cursing himself again for following through on such a stupid suggestion. Unlike her, as it seemed, he was a poor fisherman, and the best he managed to catch was a lazy old fish smaller than his paw. It paled in comparsion to the pile she had created. Well, he thought, drifting on the water with his belly up, she was enthusiatic, and that had its uses. Besides that, she seemed to be enjoying herself. He didn't feel as bad about this part, and that seemed to lighten his mood in the moment. "You're doing great," he called out, paddling around the center of the lake.

Lifting her head clear of the water, fur plastered to her face, she grinned over at him, sending a playful splash his way with a swipe of her paw though it didn;t reach him as she giggled. "How much more do we need?" Glancing back at the good heep of fish she felt her belly grumble. It had been hot and hungry work treasure hunting.

"That should be good I guess." He glanced at the pile, they could probably only fit one in the hole, and he could carry three or four, "We could eat first, if you'd like, or finish the hole." It was the least he could do to stay with her while they finished it all up, he'd do some silly dance over the hole and then make up some reason to leave. She would come back in a while, or she might stay by it, but if she did that at least he knew she was capable of feeding herself here.

Nodding she wadded out of the lake and up onto the shore, shaking herself vigerously. The water had felt great and she was nice and cool now, just hungry. But... all that work had been for a reason so she grabbed the largest fish in the pile and walked over tot he hole. Carefully she nosed the fish inside, pushing it down till it covered the other items already in the bottom. Stepping back she waited for him to give her the go ahead to fill in the hole, excited about the result and eager to get the magic started.

Shambe climbed out of the water much slower, careful to avoid getting muck on his paws. He disliked being wet, and it was not a good combination with the dusty ground. Still, they seemed to be done and he was thankful for that. "Excellent, now just make sure you cover it up with a little bump so you'll be able to find it again later," he instructed, beginning to lick his fur dry. He was hungry too, but he didn't feel it would be right to just jump in and take them. She had to offer, or at least eat with him.

Chirping happily she backfilled the hole with the earth she had dug out earlier. Once done the small mound was patted down carefully and dusted off. Once satisifed that the treasures were safe, she turned and trotted over to where Sambe was sat, grinning wdely and clearly excited, but also hungry. "So thats done. When will it be ready? And can we eat these fish now?"

He glanced at the sky, no sign of the moon not even a faint outline. "In.... nine nights." The statement sounded more like a question and his face betrayed his uncertainty as he reached forward for a fish. His stomach rumbled and he gestured foward, "Eat up, it won't work if there's a big mess." Damn, he had to stop doing that, too many absurd comments like that and she would catch on and then where would he be? With no fish and a pissed off leopardess who had just wasted a day, that's where. He didn't want to find out what that was like.

Blinking pale ears dipped tot he sides as her face fell, violet eyes dropping. "Nine nights? That long?" Flopping down on her belly se caught a fish with one paw and plled it over, clearly a little ddepressed that she had to wait so long. She had guessed a day or two.. but nine was somewhat longer. Not that she was going to leave or anything, but it was a long wait. After a moment she dug into the fish, certainly having worked up enough of an apatite to clean the area.

"Maybe less," he assured her, grabbing a few fish for himself, "If you don't watch it the whole time." He forced an awkward grin before biting into the fish. It's soft flesh and metallic bite reminded him why he had started this whole game in the first place, but now it was largely unsatisfying. "It's like playing coward with a snake, it won't move when you're looking at it but when you turn your back it goes quick as a flash."

Looking up at him she perked up in interest, bobbing her head in understanding. "So if I go, it will happen faster... " Thoughtful now rather than deperessed she dug into her fish with more enthusiasim, seemingly content with his remark. She polished off several fish in rapid succession, relaxing in the evening sun and apparently content with the day.

Shambe glanced at the horizon, content that she would not stay here and stare at the dirt for long. Finishing the one fish he gathered the remaining few tails out, pausing to look at her. "I need to go, it won't work if I'm here either, since I already have mine." He picked the fish up and began to walk away, pausing after a few steps to look back again, confirming to himself that she would be alright.

As he stood, she lifted her head, watching him curiously. A his words she understood and nodded, quite content to ifnish her fish slowly and then be on her way. "Thank you for everything... be well." Smiling warmly she watched him walk away, wondering what her trinket would come out like and feeling excitment bubbling up once again at the idea of it.

FIN

Dulcea

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces