Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:23 pm
User Image

A faint wind swept through the flat lands of the Savannah, brushing against the fur of a young female leopard. She sat perfectly still as she scanned the horizons. So far it looked safe enough for her to wander out. Though she wouldn't leave the spot for long because of the four tiny bundles of fur that were pressed together and sleeping peacefully despite the temporary absence of their mother.

Mihika couldn't bear to be away from them.

But she had to see. If there were any signs of danger she would pick them up and move them away from this area. Maybe I should have left all six of them with Dysi. The thought saddened her. Leaving the two girls had been hard enough on its own, leaving all six would be impossible.

So for now she would search the area. Maybe there was somewhere better to rest. If she was lucky she might even find a good spot for their den. With that thought in mind Mihika started moving.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:47 pm
User Image

Obadias was thrilled for his brother. Anwar had found his female to return to the pride with, in such a dramatifc way as well, which suited Anwar very well Obadias thought with a small smile. He had left Anwar and Star alone, they were settling for the night so they would be up ready and early in the morning to start off to look for Obadias' banu. They had stumbled across, when finding Star, Dysi, a leopard who mentioned the female Obadias wanted to find.

The male leopard had pointed them in this direction, but so far they had had no luck. He sighed, and slumped a little, as he walked. He had told Star and Anwar that he was going to find them some food, since Star was still learning about the pride she would be expected to live in soon, Obadias had been the one to volunteer to hunt that night. Not that he minded. He enjoyed a good hunt, even though he had very litter practice before entering the rogue lands.

A flash of movement caught his eye, and he froze, dropping low so he could eye the creature. The fading light made it hard to distinquish the shape, so he didn't move immediately and stayed watching until he could work out the shape.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:15 am
Mihika was moving around quickly as she scanned the area. But just as quickly did she freeze - was the wind playing tricks on her? Ears twitching the leopard didn't dare turn to face what was out here with her. In the dark she couldn't see features well and the scent was unrecognizable.

But something told her it wasn't any small animal.

Heart thudding in her chest the leopard looked for any tree or area where she could lose the creature behind her. Then another thought struck her - the cubs! Mihika's eyes widened as she realized that whatever was out here with her had been heading in the direction that she had hidden her babies. What if it stumbled on them?

Swallowing the leopard found herself in a tricky situation. She would have to lead it away. So she ran. Ran right around where she guessed the creature was hiding before sharply swerving away teasingly. Come get me!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:03 am

Obadias watched the creature, catching only the blurry outline enough to know if was a feline, and not something he could catch and eat. He sighed, and watched it run closer, tensing in case it was about to attack, but it swerved and ran off in a different direction. If it had been any other time, he would have given chase, simply out of curiosity, since it seemed it was trying to get him to follow.

Instead, he got to his feet and continued on his way, glancing back at the other figure every once in a while. He had no time to make friends tonight, he had to get food for them and get back to where he left Anwar and Star before night fell completely, or he'd likely get lost.

An odd scent caught his nose and he paused, frowning. It didn't smell like prey it seemed...young. Was a family nearby? He wondered, and began to scan the area.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:58 am
The other feline wasn't going to follow her? Mihika stumbled to a stop before looking back in disbelief. Well this was a first. Tilting her head she tried to study the other creature, but was too far away to make a good judgment on even it's species.

Just who was this?

But her curiosity was pushed aside as she remembered the direction that the stranger was going in. Her cubs! Pushng herself forward Mihika came at the creature in an attempt to block it off. Even if it wasn't a leopard eater like that one lioness, she had to keep it away from her cubs. No matter what.

Swerving, Mihika moved in the way and crouched low in the grasses -far too near the cubs for her liking- and let out an uncharacteristic growl of warning.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:32 am

Obadias started when the creature who had been fleeing not moments ago, changed course and barelled back towards him. Instead of attacking him, like for a moment he feared that they would, they stood in his way, crouched low and growling. It was a threatening movement, and he fell back a step. Not out of fear, but out of respect to let her - he could see now it was a she - know he was not intending to be a threat.

She was closer now, but partially covered by the grass. His eyes were adjusting to the rapidly dimming light and, for a moment, a memory flashed to mind. A young leopardess, paranoid at his presence, but they were much younger then. He paused, and shook his head, dispelling the memory but something still nudged at his brain.

He hesitated, squinting at the creature before him. The colours were dulled in the fading light and he couldn't see her pattern. Her face was different, older, and she was far more agressive now but..."Mihika?"

It was a guess, pure and simple. The creature before him appeared to be of the same age he assumed Mihika would be now, and the same rough appearance. He didn't expect it to be her, to be honest.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:23 am
Mihika felt a small surge of pride to see that she had actually managed to make a male move back - not just a male, but now she could recognize the look of a young lion. Nearly an adult though by the size of him, she guessed. Almost the same age that he should be by now. The leopard shook her head, not like she would be finding that out. There was absolutely no way that they could just run into each other like this.

Right?

At first all she could see were a familiar pair of red eyes, but then as the moon escaped from the clouds the shape took on even more familiar characteristics. Hearing her name the leopardess jumped up in the grasses and moved slightly closer to him. "Obadias?" She breathed in disbelief, "Is...is it really you?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:58 am

When she got to her feet, Obadias could see her outline better, and knew she was a leopard but it was only when she spoke that he really knew that it was who he had been looking for. "Mihika," he repeated, a smile blooming across his face. He had found her! How could he have been so fortunate already?

"You're all grown up," he teased her, just lightly. He simply couldnt' believe his luck, to have found her. She seemed well though, not overly skinny and it was obvious that she was fairing somewhat well out in the rogue lands. Obadias was almost disappointed, not to have an excuse to sweep in and suggest that she come back to the pride with him.

He stepped towards her, the smile on his face was small but it was there. He wasn't sure what he intended to do, but the intention was there, to make sure she was real.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:19 am
Mihika smiled back at Obadias. This was so lucky! To think that after all this time they could really meet again. Though memory tickled at the edge of her mind. The real reason he was out in the rogue lands. That was right. His pride and their capture game.

Shaking her head she pushed those thoughts aside, "Of course!" She laughed, "And so are you, though it looks like I'm still bigger for now." She teased. Once he was an adult though she realized how much bigger the lion would be compared to herself.

In her excitement she jumped again and tackled him in a friendly hug, after all Obadias was a lion that she didn't fear. "Did you know that I've been thinking of looking out for you... just to see how you've been. So how have you been doing?" Mihika pulled back sheepishly before looking around, "Any luck capturing a lioness?" She finally asked quietly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Obadias looked amused at her comment. He was still growing, he'd forgotten that she was a bit older than her, so she had grown full size while he was still not quite there yet. When he was older, he would be bigger than her but at the moment, they were similiar in size. "When I'm older, you'll look tiny compared to me," he retorted, before pausing. Would he see her again when he was older? He was returning to the pride and while the males were allowed to wander, he didn't think he would be one of them. He had a girl waiting for him, and he would take one back with him, why would he need to wander to find more? He sighed.

Obadias stumbled as she tackled him in a friendly hug and quickly moved to return it, nuzzling her cheek in an affectionate gesture. He was immensely pleased to hear that she had been looking out for him, like he had been looking for her. "I've been fine, getting use to being in the rogue lands, it's an odd place," when she pulled back, he sat and looked a little surprised that she had remembered his reason for being out here. "Ah, me? Well, no." He gave a shrug. "I am travelling with my brother, and he has found his lioness but I, well, I was busy looking for you, instead of focusing on a lioness." He gave a small smile. "I wanted to see you again. How have you been?" He urged her to speak, wanting to know if she had been alright, growing up in this crazy rogue lands.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:44 pm
Mihika laughed, "When that time comes I'll admit defeat." Though she paused as well once reality hit again. He was going back to his pride - she would probably never see him again. Just like that old lion who she had bonded with those months past. The thought made the leopardess take a soft shuddering breath of pain. Why did she always meet others to only have to separate from them?

Letting out a purr of pleasure at the touch, Mihika smiled. "That's great. Though I don't think it is - maybe your pride is the odd place?" She grinned teasingly before looking around at the mention of a brother. So there were others out here with Obadias? The thought made her nervous and the leopard cast a worried glance over her shoulder towards the hidden den.

She shouldn't worry -they were Obadias's companions after all. And when he found his lioness they would be gone just like that. The thought made her sad, but Mihika managed a grin, "You shouldn't let yourself get distracted! Especially if it's so important to you." Though she was happy to hear that he had actually been looking for her after all this time. "I've been great. You know, besides the normal having to survive bit and being on my own. Along with...other things." She looked to the side sheepishly. Maybe it was best if she just let the existence of her cubs go unmentioned to him for now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:45 am

Obadias laughed a little, only softly, as if he was afraid to laugh to loud and dispel her from in front of him, as if she was a mirage in this landscape and not really here with him. "Perhaps it is, but it's an oddness I am more familiar with," he remarked, the smile fighting hard to stay on his face and not leave. Her presence seemed to have an uplifting effect on his mood, making it difficult to do anything other than smile at her.

"Finding you was important to me too," he told her, quite honestly, a serious expression his face, but he shook his head, trying to return the smile to his face. "Other things? What other things? I want to hear all about your life out here," he encouraged, honestly interested. He had always wondered what it was like, living as a rogue, and now he had the chance to explore that idea, he was going to grasp onto it with both paws. Especially, if he was to not see her again for a long time.

But he didn't wish to speak of that, so he focused his eyes on her and stayed concentrated on her, not the future and what it might hold.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:13 am
"Ah." Mihika smiled. That was true, while the rogue lands was the oddness that she had grown up with. Her ears twitched at his next comment and the leopard stared before shaking her head in disbelief.

Important to him?

"You want to hear all about my life out here?" Mihika grinned before shaking her head, "That would take weeks to tell, Obadias!" Her gaze softened as she looked towards the horizon, "There's so many things out here. Lions, leopards, cheetahs, even mixed cubs! I meet one before - a cute little cheeton. I've met many a feline out here - some friendly lions and even raced a cheetah once! Though she won of course." The leopard let out a soft laugh before her expression grew solemn.

Of course there were the bad times as well. Times when she hadn't been able to eat due to lack of prey, times when she had to fight for her life against other species, and times when the loneliness had been nearly unbearable as well. But she didn't want to admit that to Obadias. Knowing him she feared that he would get worried.

Realizing that her expression gave her negative memories away, Mihika forced a small smile. "What about you, Obadias? How has your life been?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:14 am

Obadias didn't seem to mind the idea that her story would take weeks to tell, instead the idea was a rather pleasant one. It would extend their meeting for a longer time. "That sounds wonderful, Mihika," Obadias said honestly, happy that her times in the rogue lands were friendly, since he knew her cautiousness as a youth had been strong. Perhaps she had gotten over the issues which made her so afraid? But watching her face grow solomn, he knew they had not all been happy times. He placed a paw over hers, like he had done many times with Parvana, attempting to comfort the leopardess without directly addressing her sudden negative mood.

At her question, he smiled and tried to think. "I cannot complain of my life. I was given my first female before I left hte pride," he explained, wondering how she would react to that. "Myself and Parvana, my female, had been cubhood friends, sowe were both very happy with the choice and her father was pleased to know I would take care of his daughter, so the meeting went wonderfully well. Other than that, my life has been rather dull, the usual pride-hood nessecities, such as hunting and spending time with family." His life, he realised, sounded rather boring compared to hers - though he had loved every second of his life, and would never call being gifted his first-love as a banu to be boring- but still, he laughed, deciding to tell her so. "Far less dramatic then your life though, it appears."

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:22 am
Mihika nodded, "Yeah." The leopardess gave a faint jerk at his sudden touch, before relaxing - it was Obadias after all. Her tail brushed against his flank in a silent thank you before she smiled up at him. "Oh? Congrats!" Mihika tilted her head before adding playfully, "I wonder how she feels about you leaving to bring back another female? I don't know even how I would feel about that!"

The leopard shook her head with a grin, "Though I guess it's such a normal thing for your pride that she won't mind." Her expression grew thoughtful. What would it be like to share a mate? Like some big family - she vaguely remembered the one lioness that she had spoken with, she had been fine with the idea and even seemed really happy as she was. "I guess any one even a rogue like me could get used to that lifestyle. As long as they're treated right."

"Hey! Just because yours isn't spent traveling all the time doesn't mean it's less dramatic." She protested, "I mean I would love to be able to get with a childhood friend... Oh. Without thinking about it the leopardess backed away, "But that's not my fate I guess. Since-I never really made one, right?" Embarressed she was about to turn around and say soemthing else when the next thing happened - a faint cub's meow broke the silence. Jumping her gaze automatically went towards the mostly hidden den where a sleepy leopard cub was peeking out.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff