Submit

Vakruz

Familiar Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:50 pm
So I was thinking about what kind of thread I could make here that wouldn't already be covered by the mothership MSPA forums-- and I remembered that I'd done some playing around with Tektek avatars of Homestuck characters, and figured I'd share them here. o:

I have no idea if the layering of any of these would actually work out on a real avatar, so we're continuing under that proviso.

Sollux:

User Image

The glasses were a bit of an issue. I would have gone with the 3D glasses, but they... really didn't look right. So I took this approach and I think it worked out okay. The horns would probably be impossible on a real avatar.

Aradia:

User Image

It was way more difficult than I thought it would be to find a tattered black skirt that was the right length. So her skirt's not tattered, oh well. (Sidenote: her horns were about the easiest to do out of all of these.)

Terezi:

User Image

Thank god Gaia has a red-tipped cane. It would not be Terezi without a red-tipped cane.

Vriska:

User Image

Oh god those horns. In my defense, there is basically no good equivalent for Vriska's horns in all of Gaia. Also I wish the eyepatch strap weren't visible, but them's the breaks. Other than that, I'm actually pretty proud of how the outfit came out. I lucked out with the robo-arm because the Apocaripped jacket just happens to be missing an arm.

Gamzee:

User Image

Why is he wearing a tie, I hear you asking. Because Gaia has no black shirts with purple symbols and I found that really annoying. His face looks kind of derpy, but derpy is kind of par for the course with Gamzee.

So has anyone else done any of these? o:  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 pm
Unfortunately the layering thing does not apply on actual avatars, otherwise I would totally be wearing glasses razz  

Vriska Serket
Captain

Vakruz

Familiar Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:21 am
Ah, see, yeah, that's the one annoying thing about Tektek avatars-- no way to tell what's accurate and what isn't, as far as what will layer correctly with what.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:34 pm
User Image

^^^This is the Terezi I could afford to wear.... Nice way of creating her crazy red shades, Vacruz :3 After this tektek though, I couldn't afford the t-shirt ((The only one on Gaia(!) that would actually work for her emo )) So... I improvised with something else. The grey military star shirt, or something stupid, with a teal necklace on top. And I later brightened the shades with some red oculus eyes, then changed shoes.  

Warmdarksky

Beloved Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Vakruz

Familiar Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 pm
Hah, they actually have candy corn horns? I didn't know about that item. Well, I didn't know about that pose, anyway.

Probably less heartache to get a hold of than the Oni Set.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:26 pm
Warmdarksky
User Image

^^^This is the Terezi I could afford to wear.... Nice way of creating her crazy red shades, Vacruz :3 After this tektek though, I couldn't afford the t-shirt ((The only one on Gaia(!) that would actually work for her emo )) So... I improvised with something else. The grey military star shirt, or something stupid, with a teal necklace on top. And I later brightened the shades with some red oculus eyes, then changed shoes.

Those horns are amazing. I've been searching for them. What are they called?!?  

saucyBOYgal

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kurochi-san
Vice Captain

Beloved Husband

10,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:31 pm
saucyBOYgal
Warmdarksky
User Image

"Factoring hectopascals!"

Attention, all yoctograms! Trick or Treat Tote -- Candy Corn Horns pose
User Image

User Image

"So Zetta Slow!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:49 pm
Thank you! pirate  

saucyBOYgal

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

OtisolYnohtna
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:44 am
Slash Hydosho aka Canti
saucyBOYgal
Warmdarksky
User Image

User Image

User Image

"So Zetta Slow!"

May I ask why your messages are always ridicuously long and make no sense? It's confusing the hell outta me.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:50 am
OtisolYnohtna
Slash Hydosho aka Canti
saucyBOYgal
Warmdarksky
User Image

User Image

User Image

"So Zetta Slow!"

May I ask why your messages are always ridicuously long and make no sense? It's confusing the hell outta me.

Its cause his post style is a litt messed up, the Attention all yoctograms is part of the post style is is the the actual message is

Trick or Treat Tote -- Candy Corn Horns pose  

dndrules3

OtisolYnohtna
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 am
dndrules3
OtisolYnohtna
Slash Hydosho aka Canti
saucyBOYgal
Warmdarksky
User Image

User Image

User Image

"So Zetta Slow!"

Its cause his post style is a litt messed up, the Attention all yoctograms is part of the post style is is the the actual message is

Trick or Treat Tote -- Candy Corn Horns pose
Ohh okay. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:30 pm
Tavros Nitram w/ Robo Legs (really easy to make)
User Image

Karkat Vantas
User Image  

OtisolYnohtna
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Voter 100

Happy Tragedy
Crew

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:02 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image
Aurthor!!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:03 pm
Happy Tragedy

User Image
Aurthor!!
AURTHOR FTW!!!!! The others were good too, but Aurthor's the man!  

OtisolYnohtna
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Voter 100
Chatter Box

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers