Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Disney's Alice in Wonderland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the movie?
  Yes of course!
  No.
  Its a bit strange...
  Why do you ask so many questions?
  I like gold.
View Results

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:14 pm
Azure Caterpillar
~Advice from a Caterpillar~

Oh yay more fans of the film. ^_^ I agree; they did manage to make the movie flow well even with combining both books.

Also thanks for the link to the video. XD

No problem. Figured I'd use that little knack for randomly finding things on the internet. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:54 am

@Shourai: Hmmm, well I think my stalker needs to be on my friends list... yep. XD

@Lily of the Sword: Apparently there were other Jello Commericals too with different characters. According to this one guy who collects almost everything to do with the film there was most likely one with the Caterpillar (as a Butterfly)... I would so love to watch that but I think the one you linked to is the only one on the net.

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:55 pm
I'm so behind on this conversation! *flails about*

Oooh... thanks for the link! I said I was going to look for it, but I think I completely forgot. ^_^; But now I can watch it! *confetti*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:10 pm

That's okay Marchy. XD

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:23 pm
Why, thank you. : D

Tehe, that YouTube video amuses me greatly. Too bad I only eat Jello when it has been pre-cut into fun star shapes. Still, I want to throw a Jello party now.

But I have to wonder... they have the Cheshire Cat voicing it over (at least, I think that's the Cheshire Cat...) and Alice front in center, so why didn't they use more recognizable characters from the film. I mean, these days only 'serious fans' (if there is such a thing!) know about the Gryphin (I can't spell that to save my life...) and the Mock Turtle. Was the back story of the movie just better known back then so people did know the characters, I wonder? Or did the people behind the scenes just know that Alice would be explanation enough? *puffs on bubble pipe*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:50 am

A good question; it could depend on when the commercial was made... as I am unsure... if anyone knows do tell! If it was made before the release of the movie perhaps they hadn't cut those characters from the film yet... but if it was made after the movie who knows? Maybe Disney just decided it would be fun to use those characters in something... but as I said there were more commericals with the usual characters from the film. Never the less its nice to see the Gryphon and Mock Turtle in animation. Also yes that is the Cheshire Cat.

I really want to find the commerical with the Caterpillar, there's only one picture from it online.

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:49 pm
Ah, good point. It might have been some sort of double duty promotional. I love those. ^_^ I like the idea of some animator just saying, "Hey, I like these two characters and they're getting a tv promo!" XD

I knooow... you would think with the anniversary and everything you'd be seeing a little more of tidbits like that... At least, I'd hope to see more of it, haha.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:01 am

Well for the 60th anniversary edition (if the other blu-ray Disney DVD's are anything to go by) they should have quite a bit more in the special features section. The Un-anniversary edition had a few more things on the disk from former releases of the film; but not that much. Maybe they've already got extra stuff to put on the 60th anniversary edition that they wanted exclusively for that release?

I mean Disney said they somewhat recently found the 'I'm Odd' original sheet music again... maybe they found other stuff to do with the film too that they haven't released yet? XD

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:52 am
I'll keep my fingers crossed for the obscure chance that they're released/mentioned/...something'd in the 60's un-anniversary edition. *crosses fingers*

I love it when I hear about Disney 'finding' new things associated with the films... I suppose, being as large of a company as it is, that there are lots of opportunities to lose things... what a pleasant surprise it would be to find that score! >_<

...I suddenly really miss working for Disney. And that was a terrible job! gonk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:33 am

I really want them to find that commercial and make it public; and any others that were made. Also cut and replaced songs.

You worked for Disney once?

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:47 pm
I agree. I think it would be a really cool marketing thing if they got the old school commercials and put them on TV. I mean, Disney's been getting pretty clever with their marketing, but I feel like that would just be awesome. I'd be willing to bet they'd get activity just because people are confused about what's going on. XD

Oh, yeah; I had to quit after 2 weeks because my Grams went critical, but I was sad to go. I worked in Restaurantasaurus in Disney's Animal Kingdom. I wore a terrible pink and blue outfit that had me looking like an overgrown Alice (which I didn't realize was funny until I realized I'm in the AiW guild at the moment... XD) and was basically a fry cook/waitress. >_> It was pretty darn miserable at the time... which is strange that I get to missing it sometimes. ^_^; I think it's just because I love Disney way too much, haha. ^_^;;;;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:37 am

Yeah, I mean there must be more stuff to find as they can't very well put all the same things that were on the DVD to the Blu-Ray release.

Aw, sorry to hear that. Though it doesn't sound great working there I think I know what you mean. Then again... I've only been there as a guest so I wouldn't know what working there is like. Its been such a long time I wonder if I went to that restaurant?

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:55 pm
Indeed. That wouldn't be very interesting at all. >_> Then again, sometimes they come out with new features made just for the new releases and such; maybe they have some sort of plans like that? Like games and such I never get around to playing. I'd think it'd have to have something interesting, since Disney's re-directed the focus of the peeps back on it's Alice ties with the release of the Burton Alice.

Yeah... when I went through the training, I came out with stars in my eyes and a sparkling outlook on life. And then I had to run about in grease in heels. Snapped outta that really fast. XD XD XD but both my dad and brother got to work there for longer then I did, so I still managed to be jealous of them. They had cooler jobs then me too! gonk

Ah... for the sake of my dignity, I'm going to hope you haven't. XD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Apparently... but I thought there would be more stuff released about AiW than there has been.

I can remember some stuff about that park... but not the restaurants it seems... was a while ago now.

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:47 pm
Yeah... I want more Alice in Wonderland things! Merch! >___<

Trust me; that's for your own good. >___>

Hmmm... I wonder if they sell the Alice in Wonderland soundtrack from this movie? You know, in general stores and such. Probably not, huh? I mean, I've never see it, but that doesn't mean anything. I found something about it on ebay, but no real listings, haha. I'd love to have an actual soundtrack to have and to hold and to stare at. *_*

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games