Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Reincarnation Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe?
  YES!!
  Naw...
View Results

iDarthy

Desirable Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:56 am
Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:44 pm
well, where else do you think all these "new" Souls come from? xd duh, of COURSE we Reincarnate!  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:02 pm
I think we do reincarnate but not as often as we think.

Chieftain: That's not very good to use as proof. Where did the first souls come from? Their source can easily become the source of the new souls. Of course I'm sure you're joking but still...I gotta say it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:21 pm
Reincarnation is very much true and real. And it's just not as much as everyone says. More like half that. But for some people it's a cycle of reincarnation for them when they pass.  

Koigokoro Konjou

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:26 pm
Cain Elite

Chieftain: That's not very good to use as proof. Where did the first souls come from? Their source can easily become the source of the new souls. Of course I'm sure you're joking but still...I gotta say it.

heh, i know that other ideas are possible, i was just being a little funny. =w=

though i have no proof, only personal experiences, which can only be so reliable as evidence, especially considering i was diagnosed as Paranoid Schitzophrenic.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:31 pm
While I question whether we come back as cows or any other animal, I do indeed believe in reincarnation.  

Nymshi

Shy Stalker

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:34 pm
i am curious, would you elaborate about what makes you think twice about the idea of us Reincarnating as other Animals? is it some idea you have that we likely only Reincarnate into our own species? or something to do with humans being better than Animals? or what?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:50 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite

though i have no proof, only personal experiences, which can only be so reliable as evidence, especially considering i was diagnosed as Paranoid Schitzophrenic.

i want to add though, that i do believe that the origin of Spirits is the same as all things: The Creator. as i would put it, Krishna, as one name for the Creator Aspect of the Pre-Genesis being, who would be known in the Arabic language as Allah, but more accurately defined in the Hindu sense under the Sanskrit name Brahma. in Scientific explanation, the concept of 0 (Zero).

the Genesis is as much the Source of Spirit as of Material.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:42 pm
Chieftain Twilight
i am curious, would you elaborate about what makes you think twice about the idea of us Reincarnating as other Animals? is it some idea you have that we likely only Reincarnate into our own species? or something to do with humans being better than Animals? or what?
Yea, what he said. Don't animals have souls too?

Cause I wanna come back as a white wolf that's near unbeatable and scarred from so many battles. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:43 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite

i want to add though, that i do believe that the origin of Spirits is the same as all things: The Creator. as i would put it, Krishna, as one name for the Creator Aspect of the Pre-Genesis being, who would be known in the Arabic language as Allah, but more accurately defined in the Hindu sense under the Sanskrit name Brahma. in Scientific explanation, the concept of 0 (Zero).

The zero part just gave me any idea for a show. xD  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:51 pm
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite

The zero part just gave me any idea for a show. xD

oh yeh? what? ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:53 pm
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight
Yea, what he said. Don't animals have souls too?

Cause I wanna come back as a white wolf that's near unbeatable and scarred from so many battles. XD

o_O; you'd have to gain the Scars during life, i'm sure.... Reincarnation is at Birth, not like possessing an already living creature.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Nymshi

Shy Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:06 am
@Everybody

Oh dear gezus...that isn't what I meant at all. Animals definitely have souls. Just...you never hear much about anyone other than the obvious talking about being reincarnated into and from animals. Even I have a reincarnation memory with a great deal of time between then and now...and not even the slightest inkling of ever having been an animal.

So...if anyone wants to refute this, I'd love to hear about your past lives as animals. =P  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:04 pm
o.o .... confused i'm not sure that that's a very accurate statement.

maybe it's easy for me to hear about it, being raised by a Hindu stepdad in a Hippie University City full of Hare Krishnas, and going online all the time to threads and forums chock full of New-Agers.... but it just seems to me like Reincarnation back and forthe between all forms of Life is talked about all the time.

myself, i don't believe in Samsara, in that i don't think it's a matter of Morality which form you come back in. classifying different types of animals and humans as more or less likely to live a Moral life? meh. i believe that, due to the fact that so many different species of animals have hive-minds and pack-mentalities, a sense of Morality and Ethics is Universally present in all living things.

in fact, it might be that Plantlife should be the highest-ranked form of life if we went by Samsara philosophy, because Plants are so Tranquil. but of course, Buddhists and alot of Hindus don't believe that Plants have Spirits. confused this is in general of course, and like all things there are exceptions.

for me, i just think that we go to whatever Life we go to. doesn't matter what species or kingdom or whatever. those were human classifications, not divine classifications.

but that's coming from a non-centralist. ^_^  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Mistreena

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:37 pm
I certainly believe in past lives, and have certain ideas about what mine might have been.... but I have no way of knowing for certain. I have never seen any visions of any of my past lives or anything. But a friend of mine has.

My thoughts on the matter are this: we die, we go to a 'waiting place' (Heaven, Avalon, Limbo, whatever-the-heck-you-want-to-call-it), and then are re-born. I don't know/have any idea if there is a system for being reborn, like if you need to be reborn into a certain place and time, or if it's at random. Some theories say that the good are reborn into a better life, and the bad are punished by being reborn into a harsh life, but I don't know how true that is.

The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff