Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Community Sniper Game! - Archive Mode Activate!

Back to Guilds

After a while of dust setting in, the Guild has gone into Archive Mode. 

Tags: strategy, game, sniper, social, deceit 

Reply I Am Me!
HEY SUGGEST GAMES FOR ME TO BUY. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unphotographable

7,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:05 pm

So, I just recently purchased a brand-new PS3. :3
UNFORTUNATELY I only had enough to buy a few games, and some PSN points.
So far I have the following: Katamari Forever(which I love), Resident Evil 5(which I haven't even touched), Little Big Planet (which is amazing), Abe's Odyssey, and Fat Princess(getting used to it).
I have 13 20 bucks left on my account from the PSN cards, and have paychecks coming my way in the futureAND HAVE NO GODDAMN CLUE WHAT GAMES TO GET!
However, I'm pretty stumped as to what other games to buy. I've heard mixed reviews about Bioshock, but have ALWAYS thought it looked extremely interesting. Marvel vs. Campcon is probably in my future one day, too.
But other than that- I'm pretty stumped! Bayonetta looks fun but I know it's pretty short. Dante's inferno looked cool BUT it got pretty bad reviews.

ALSO- This is my first sony purchase since the ps1 [Which I had like 3 games for, all Digimon]... So don't assume I know anything about any "classic" titles from sony. xP

You may also suggest Wii/DS games for me to buy because I also have those systems. :3

OH and my PSN name is Undead_Billy and you should totes add me because I am lonely on it.

Games to buy:
Eternal Sonata
Bioshock 1
The Darkness

Siren: Blood Curse
inFamous
Batman Arkham Aslyum
Grand Theft Auto
Bayonetta

Thinking about:
Mirror's Edge
Uncharted: Drak's Fortune
Dead Space
Flower
Valkyria Chronicles
Demon Souls
Super StardustHD
Oblivion
Warhawk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:37 pm
Hmm... There was this one game on the PSN that my boyfriend and I were playing. It had like the characters from Street Fighter and some other game, like Ryu and Ken and Felicia, but it was a puzzle game. It was really fun, even if he did always beat me.  

Anael De Ezra

8,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Derrai

4,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:10 pm
Ezzy is talking about Puzzle Fighter?

And I was totally gonna suggest Fat Princess, but you already have it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:22 pm
Punch whoever said Bioshock was bad in the head.
Get it.

Also, if you're into RPGs I highly, HIGHLY recommend Eternal Sonata. Like, my favourite game ever.

Moe graphics? ******** amazing battle system? Check.
Cute puns? Check.
Awesome storyline? Check.
Game based around the brink of Frédéric François Chopin's death and the struggle with his 'dream world' and the concept that it could be reality instead of the life he knew? Check.

Oh, and the PS3 version has alternate costumes, and two extra playable characters.

GET. IT.

Also, I've heard good things about Little Big Planet.  

melona-pan

Cute Cultist

Anael De Ezra

8,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:23 pm
Derrai
Ezzy is talking about Puzzle Fighter?

And I was totally gonna suggest Fat Princess, but you already have it.
YES THAT!

He's better than me at fighters... even puzzle fighters. gonk In fact, my boyfriend beats me at every game.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Puzzle fighters is fun! But I don't think I'd be up for downloading it. I already have my share of versus puzzle games.

OKAY so I'll check out Eternal Sonata. To be honest, I'm not really well versed in any genre except probably platforming? BUT I have played and enjoyed a few RPGs so I'll probably check that out.

Would you suggest I get Bioshock 1, 2, or both? If I had to choose just one, which one?

LITTLE BIG PLANET IS SO MUCH FUN 4SRS

Unphotographable

7,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200

KeJoRo
Vice Captain

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 am
There are lots I could suggest razz

The Darkness is fun if a bit too linear for my liking for a modern game. Seriously, your "free roaming" consists of you going to your next mission as there are only a few side missions and the streets are virtually empty unless you are on a mission weirdly, BUT, it allows you to impale enemies on the end of a tentacle and throw them at each other razz

I would have said Little Big Planet, but you already have it. MAKE SOMETHING AWESOME AND I'LL PLAY IT! My PSN is bewarethecabbage...don't ask. Though it won't be until after the 20th of August, since I need to have work done by then.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is amazing. The only problem with it is the same as The Darkness, though even more so, but with this type of game it doesn't really matter. Also, there is a sequel which I haven't actually played yet.

There are lots, but those are the only ones I can think of right now. I'll see if I can come up with more when I get back tonight.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:09 pm
The first Bioshock is a definite yes. I haven't had the good fortune to try the second one, but I -heard- it was not as ******** amazing as the first, so... I haven't gone out to buy it. Definitely try the first one though.  

Roger Silverwood

6,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kozmo6

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 pm
The first Bioshock was awesome. The second one I didnt like as much and you kindof need to play the first one to fully understand what is going on in the second one. I would say get the first one.

And I'm with KeJo, Uncharted: Drak's fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, are both fun games with great graphics.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:13 pm
Portal. Or The Orange Box. The Box comes with 5 games, including Portal.

Point is, get Portal, one way or another.

Oh, and Mirror's Edge!

And definitely get Bioshock!

Reels

KeJoRo
Vice Captain

Skilled Loiterer

14,475 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:28 pm
Oh! Mirror's Edge! Yes! Definately get that! Best "FPS, no wait, it isn't. But you have guns? But they're difficult to use, plus it's more fun drop kicking people anyway" game I've ever played!

It actually is amazing, despite my apparent sarcasm there razz  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:40 pm
don't get any valve games for console ever
EVER  

Bellecat

Unphotographable

7,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:15 pm

I can't find the Orange Box for the PS3 ANYWHERE. I could buy it used on amazon, but I've never bought anything used on amazon so I'm skeptical.

OKAY so Bioshock 1 I'll probably pick up. x:
Mirror's edge MAAAYYBBBEEE, and I'll check out the darkness. <3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:46 pm
valve doesn't have any games on PS3... :/
they were like 'lol ******** that'.
(afaik)
lolcasuals

Get first Bioshock- was better, and second with first will make no sense.

GET ETERNAL SONATA OR I'LL DISOWN YOU, b***h. FOSRS.

Why has no one suggested Assassin's Creed...? For shame. I haven't played the second, but first was awesome.

Kejo is right- imo Darkness is really good. Pretty original too.

Mass Effect is good, but it is kind of huge and a bit over whelming... a great game, bu nor for a beginner to RPGs.

And then there's Fable. I would recommend the third one. I KNOW YOU PHOTO AND YOU WILL LOVE IT  

melona-pan

Cute Cultist

choic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:26 am
Heavy Rain is good but a bit boring. Fallout 3 is awesome but not as good as 2. Resonance of Fate is crazy awesome. Dead Space is fun. Siren: Blood Curse is the GREATEST THING EVER OMG. inFamous is on sale in the PSN store & so very worth it.

also, if you like horror, return RE5. it's a ******** atrocity.  
I Am Me!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff