Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:27 pm
User Image

His green eyes flicked around in front of him. He was in one of those lazy moods again. Well he didn't exactly feel lazy but he didn't feel like doing anything he was feeling sluggish and tired and there was only one thing he could think about doing because of this. He was lazing in the sun enjoying it's rays. His mother said he was allowed to wander around for a little while but he ended up finding himself flopped on top of a rock laying himself in the sun. A mellow purr escaped his throat.

He looked around sitting up a little bit he was starting to feel a little bit better if only he could figure out something else to do. He had his siblings to play with but they didn't want to play with him. Then of course there was his mother but she was too busy taking care of her sister who came down with a cub. He huffed resting his head on his paws and flicked his tail around behind him. He didn't have anything better to do and everything out here seemed boring. There was no one to make friends with just a bunch of old lions!

Everything seemed horrible to this little cub at the moment. If only he knew of the other cub coming around the corner, he would be a lot happier of he knew of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:57 pm
User Image

Dunia'nafsi was blissfully unaware of anyone else around her, distracted by kicking up dirt in hap-hazardous way. In between her teeth, she clenched a rock, but not just any rock, it seemed like a bone stone like her mother always told her! But it was different, and was curved like a shell, rather than just a normal rock. She smiled around the stone and hoped her mother liked it! She wasn't the best when it came to following her mother's footsteps into being a bone stone hunter, but she did love to dig, which meant she often found things while doing it. Most of them were just rocks though.

Her paws began to scrape on rocks beneath her as she continued to dig and she pulled back, frowning. Her claws stung lightly, where they had struck a particularly hard rock and had jerked painfully. She sighed. She wouldn't get any further into the earth if she kept digging there, she thought, and crawled out of the hole she had practically buried herself in. She began to push the dirt back into the hole, so that no one would fall into it later when she wasn't around. That would be painful, she mused, patting the dirt down so it was flat like the rest.

She shook herself off a little, a cloud of dust flying out from her fur but still dust and dirt clung to her. She didn't seem to notice though, and continued on her way, her eyes on the ground as she tried to spot another soft area to dig, bone stone still clutched in her mouth.

Velveteen Angel

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:59 pm
Quetza blinked as he saw a cub about the same age as him back out of a hole in the ground he ruffled his brow he didn't know what to do. He had never seen another cub do that crawling out of large holes. That was strange to him. He flicked his small tuff of hair out of his eyes as he looked at her. He couldn't help but to be curious about her.

He slunk forward, not lifting his belly off of the ground creeping forward he didn't feel like lifting his self off of the ground. He cocked his head to the side. She had something in her mouth and he wanted to know what it was. He wanted to know what she was doing. It was strange to him. On top of that he wanted to know what she was looking for! She was looking at the ground most lions looked up when they were walking!

As he thought about all of this he began questioning the lioness that was a little strange but then again he was strange too... He lifted himself off of the ground before he walked up to her arching a brow at her puffing out his chest slightly. "What are you looking for?" He asked curiously, flicking his ear as he looked at her. What could she be doing with that strange rock on her mouth? And why was she in the hole?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:22 am

Dunia hadn't noticed the other cub approaching her, her eyes fixed the ground by her paws as she examined the dirt. She didn't want to choose another rocky area, or a place where the dirt was very hard, else she wouldn't be able to dig. Caught up in her own thoughts, she startled when he spoke and her blue eyes snapped up from the ground to look at him. Her mouth had opened a little, and dropped her bone stone from between her jaw in surprise.

"Don't do that!" She said, her voice an almost squeal. "You startled me!" She peered at him, looking curious but he seemed no older than she was, and there was no one else around, so it was obvious that he was talking to her, and if he was talking to her, then it was only fair that she talk back.

"I was looking for a place to dig again. The last place had too many rocks," she told him, honestly. "But! I think I found a bone stone! See?" She nudged the rock by her feet closer to him, happily unaware of an dangers which might come from a stranger.

Velveteen Angel

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:04 pm
Quetza looked at the female a little confused as she dropped the rock that she was carrying. He was startled himself not because she dropped the odd looking rock but because of the squeal. It wasn't the first time that he had heard a female squeal out of surprise like that. His sisters would squeal like that any time he would go to sneak up behind them but then again he just thought it was funny but when he didn't know the other lioness he didn't like it that much he felt kind of bad.

"I'm sssssssorry." He squeaked bad stumbling back some before looking down he flicked his hair out of his eyes once more then before turning toward the female again. "I didn't mean to I promisssssse." He said simply. He looked at her curiously. He didn't understand why she was looking at the dirt and stuff. Was there something wrong with her? He didn't understand it at all. He wanted to know what she was doing.

Another place to dig?" He flicked his tail around behind him a few times before he stood by her side. He looked closely at the rock that she had trying to process what she was saying about the stone. "A what?" He arched his brow at her curiously. Before shaking is head. "Whatssss sssssso sssspecial about it?" He asked curiously arching a brow at it he was confused about all of this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:03 am

Dunia blinked. Sssss. That was what she heard. It was like a hiss, like snake. How...odd. She tilted her head to the side, barely noticing his apology, curious over that odd sound that she heard coming from his mouth when he spoke. It was...like nothing she had heard before! Fascinating. Blinking again, she realised that he had apologized to her and waved her paw quickly, almost tripping herself over in the process. "It's alright!" she assured quickly. "I should have been paying attention." She whapped herself on the paw with her other paw in reprimand and smiled a little at him.

"Yes! Dig!" She said, her eyes bright and excited at the turn in the conversation. "You can find the most fascinating things in the ground, and it's a very comfortable place for a nap." She moved the stone around before her, before balancing it on the pad of a paw and holding it up, to show him closer. "A bone stone," she explained patiently. "Mama says they're like bones that make us up, but are made of stone." She leant her face close to the stone. "If you look reeeeal close, you can see the most beautiful pattern on it." She glanced up, obviously waiting for him to try and see the pattern.

Velveteen Angel

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 pm
Quetza shook his head at the lioness saying that she should have been paying attention. He looked at her with a serious face. "Mama ssssssaid it'ssssss never the girlsssss fault." He nodded at the idea maybe his mom was joking around with him he wasn't that sure but he went by that idea often he didn't care if he was sure if it was true or not he thought it was a good idea. He couldn't help but to chuckle some when the female smacked her own paw.

He flicked his hair out of his eyes then cocked his head to the side. and then looked really confused at the female. "You dig... for odd sssssstones?" He questioned curiously not really that sure of what to think about her idea of the stones. He didn't understand what was so special about them he really didn't. He shook his head before looking down at the stone that she had. "Hmmmm." He half purred for a moment moving a little closer to it and sniffing at it. "It doessssss look really cool." He admitted quietly.

"Ssssso you hunt thessssse down?" He then sat back on his haunches and then chuckled slightly once again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:42 am

Dunia looked surprised at his comment, and tilted her head to the side. "But what if a girl does it on purpose, than it has to be her fault. Men shouldn't take all the blame," she protested lightly, smiling at him. "Why don't we just share blame? That way it's both our faults and no one has to apologize or anything."

She beamed at his comment of it looking 'really cool' after he had examined it and sniffed at it. She had been a little bit afraid that he would not have understood her fascination with the stone, but it looked very pretty, so maybe he did, at least a little, find it interesting? She hoped he wasn't just lying to appease her, 'cause that was just as bad as lying.

"Mama does," she told him, nodding. "She tries to teach us to do it too. To be honest, playing in the dirt is more interesting to me." She had blurted out the last part of the sentence, before looking embarrassed. It wasn't really a 'girly' thing to do, she'd come to realise but there was something fascinating about the dirt.

She paused for a moment, and seemed to just realise something. She peered at him and said, "did you know you ssss when you speak?" Well, he might not be aware of it. She hadn't noticed it at first. 'sssssso' had caught her attention, making her realise he was speaking oddly.

Velveteen Angel

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:23 pm
Quetza looked at the other young one curiously for a moment, a little annoyed with what she was saying, however her comment caught him off guard. He could feel his temper flaring up some was she basically calling him wrong? This made him grumpy. Before she spoke again he was about to say something but she interrupted him. He paused his thoughts to listened to her before then nodding in agreement to her. "Okay then we'll sssssshare." He laughed slightly, his temper always did cool bad down quickly.

He then looked at the rock and then smiled some. "I really do thing it's pretty cool, a little... odd but nothing too bad." He looked at it and leaned over some to sniff it again before looking at her again with a grin back on his face. "I love digging in the dirt!" He thought it was really cool that she liked doing that. "I don't know girlssssss that like to dig in the dirt." He laughed again before grinning a little more. "thats really cool my sisters get all grumpy when it comes to dirt." He made a small face and he was about to let it fade away until she asked the question.

He paused and then floppwed back on his haunches and huffed again. "Yessss" he mumbled slightly he always hated when some one mentioned it, he really did. Hee was really hoping that she would drop it right away though that would be really nice to him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:26 am

Dunia smiled brightly at him, when he nodded in agreement with her statement. He even laughed a little! She felt proud of making him laugh, she was determined to make him laugh again as well too.

She continued to smile, pleased that he was able to see the interest in the rocks. Most people didn't. They thought she was a bit odd, but that was okay, because she was a bit odd and she knew she was. However, she clearly perked up at his words. "You like playing in the dirt?" She sounded very excited about the prospect, but looked a little embarrassed about his next comment. "Most girls don't, I don't think, but I don't know why not. Dirt washes out! It's not like it's going to always make you messy, plus it's really fun." She beamed at him.

She tilted her head to the side, perhaps noticing the way he acted when the 'sss' was mentioned but she smiled. "I think it sounds neat. Like a ssssnake," she 'sss'ed too, but not to mock him, just because she liked the sound. "Have you ever heard a snake 'sss' when you're in the dirt? I had a snake slither across me, thinking I was part of the ground. The sound was so loud but it was like being part of the earth." She nodded, but paused. Was that...too odd?

Velveteen Angel

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:19 am
Quetza nodded to the lioness agreeing with her statements. "I agree, you can alwayssssss jussssst wasssssh off the dirt." He really didn't understand why girls always wanted to avoid the dirt he thought it was pretty stupid. He shrugged and then spoke once again. "Well it issss them who are misssssing out and not ussss." He looked down at his paws and wiggles his toes around in the dirt before turning back toward her. Before He spoke again he twitched for a moment taking in what he said. He had to think about it for a moment. He wasn't exactly sure of what to think about her mocking Or if she was even mocking. He wasn't sure if she was if it was in a friendly way or a mean way. She really wasn't that sure.

He flicks his hair out of his eyes before trying to shake it off he didn't want to get mad at her, she seemed pretty friendly and he felt like he really didn't have a complete reason to. He took a breath in for a moment before chuckling and turning back toward the female before smiling at her and nodding. "Snakes are really cool." He commented before flicking his hair out of his eyes and flicking his hair out of his eyes again. "My dad hasssss one as a friend, he hangsssss around ssssome timesss. It's really nice." He grinned again before flopping down on hia haunches. "They are, really, really cool." He really did like snakes they were pretty enjoy able to him. Although some others would disagree with him he didn't care.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:41 am

Dunia was fascinated by the boy before her. He was like her! He didn't mind dirt and he liked to play, and he didn't think her weird for her fascination with the dirt, or rocks, like others seemed to. Not only that, but he sounded like a snake – one of her favourite animals- and he was really nice. She beamed, well, this was a wonderful day she decided. She had made a new friend who was far more interesting than she had originally thought he might be.

Your dad has a friend snake? Oooh,” she hummed, sounding interested. “You're lucky to come in contact with them! My mother thinks they might hurt me, so she tells me to stay away, but they're not all bad snakes! I'll have to tell her about your father's friend, maybe then she won't mind as much.” She smiled, though she knew her mother was only looking out for her.

“Oh!” The talk of her mother had reminded her, and she gave a sheepish look. “I'd forgotten. Sorry for my rudeness! My name is Dunia'nafsi.” She smiled at him, waiting patiently for his name to be returned.

Velveteen Angel

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:21 pm
Quetza looked at the male and then nodded a few times at her, he loved his dad's snake. He thought that she was pretty cool others might not completely agree with him but he thought so. He blinked for a moment before flicking his hair out of his eyes thens speaking again. "Thats sssssilly. I've ssssseen other lionssss do more harm then my dad'ssss friend hasssss. In fact ssssshe hasssss helped raisssse usss in a way." He seriously did not understand how some one could go for that. He shook his head again a few more times. "It'ssss pretty sssilly."

He was surprised at her... well surprise. He arched a brow then laughed. "It'sssss not rude." He shook his head again. "I don't think it issss any way." He grinned and nodded. "I like your name. It'sss really pretty." He then paused again before thinking, it would be nice to say his own name, he thought to himself. "My name isss Quetzalcoatl... But you can call me Quetza, it'sss easssier to sssay."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Dunia was, perhaps, a tad naïve about the world, having never been exposed to what other lions might do to other lions, so she could only nod in agreement, though not out of experience. “She helped to raise you?” She asked, sounding fascinated. “Well, that was very sweet!” She smiled softly. “See? That's the side of snakes and things like that, that people just don't see, or don't want to see. Very silly.” She heaved a sigh, as if the thought was tiring though her attitude was still childish.

I'm glad you don't think so, I don't want to be rude to you,” she said, nodding firmly, but shifting in embarrassment at his comment on her name, though a small smile had brightened her face. “Thank you. I like your name, Quetzalcoatl,” she said, purposely using his full name, though stumbling over it. She laughed a little, adding, “Quetza,” in correction. “You can call me Dunia, it's shorter and easier to say, like Quetza.”

Velveteen Angel

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:41 pm
Quetza nodded before grinning he loved having the snake around, she was pretty cool she liked playing with him and his siblings which made him very happy. "Pretty much." He nodded at her before smiling happily, he loved his family including the father... that he really never saw that much. "Well... when my dad wassss around. He wasssn't around much." He paused before shrugging. "But mama let usss play with sssnakesss if we wanted to." He nodded but then he took a moment to think before he spoke again. "Sssome of them aren't that nice, it really isss true but there are a lot that are nice." He then nodded again agreeing with her words. "Many othersss don't want to think that sssnakesss are nice."

Quetza smiled before nodding to her. "I like the name Dunia." He paused again before he smiled and flicked his hair ouf of his eyes and then nodded to her. "Do you come around here often?" he asked curiously. "I really ssshould be heading back home sssome time sssoon but I would like to hang around again." He nodded at the idea, she seemed really nice and something told her that he could have another good time with her another good conversation or maybe they could go play with some snakes or maybe even go digging for a while. He would really enjoy one of those.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff