Welcome to Gaia! ::

z!Spot

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to support zOMG! and get as many new players as we can to play our MMO! 

Tags: zOMG!, zOMG! Support, zOMG! Devs, zOMG! Events, Contests and Events 

Reply Archives
[Dead] So how did it come to this? (little love for zomg)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loof ehT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:53 am
when i stopped playing last year it was still thriving
what led to this situation?
do we have any information about the causes, from the devs, from the community ?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:00 am
It seem that right before Qixter left the numbers started falling. There were just to many glitches in the early parts of the game that new people got frustrated and left the game before finishing it. At the same time old timers/ regs started to get bored and also started to drift away, like you. So the numbers took a nosedive. The sites idea of fixing this was to start removing devs to do other things that were making money for them. D: Which just meant the more people left since then you didn't even have the devs posting in the forums. The forum started to die then. None of the players knew what was going on so they started to drift off too. sad The forum started to lose posts at that time. The numbers dropped more and the Site decided to just "Maintain" the game, not new development. crying  

z_Spot
Captain

Ralph Raff

Devout Lunatic

25,125 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:56 am
Yet Lanzer claims the game have more love than other features in the site...

and said in latest ATA that the game will stay as it is, answerig if the game will be left alone as is with no more development nor updates...

Which as I observes means the game will keep growing but will take long to. It is all about the luck of getting developers/artists, keeping them at Gaiaonline, and how it will be supported economically.

Which the latest seems to have a new start with a possible sellling of headstart tickets for Buckaneer's Boardwalk.

And I suggest at least once a year, but can be done two times easilly, to dedicate a RIG or an EI to zOMG! At least one year's RIG be about zOMG! and dedicate some of the revenue of course to zOMG!,the same with an EI maybe next year then? or even in same year. How many EIs they bring in a year? and now with the newest Fast EIs? and how many RIGS a year? SO yeah at least one of them a year dedicated and themed to zOMG!

But by latest developments in the forum, seems there's a light shining for zOMG! in a nearer future than I ever expected. 3nodding xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:50 pm
thank you
what do you think is more important, adding new content of fixing glitches and balancing the game ?  

loof ehT

rgjh8754

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:39 am
I think they should concentrate on fixing the glitches first. Then, new content.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:06 pm
New locations, glitches come and go, but new locations are here to stay. Also when new locations appear, more attention will arise!  

Silv the Angel

Sexy Fairy

Red Kutai

Benevolent Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:37 am
loof ehT
thank you
what do you think is more important, adding new content of fixing glitches and balancing the game ?

Unfortunately, development is a very difficult-to-balance process; and what's worse, in zOMG!'s case, the process is pretty off-ended already.

Fixing glitches is an important part of keeping the game viable. Many glitches, such as those that disable quests or quest rewards, are reasonably sufficient to cause a new player to quit. Without new players, the game will, quite simply, die.

However, if they focus too much on fixing glitches, they risk losing the limited resources they have. Some of the devs simply can't fix glitches; that's not their job. If they choose to focus too intently on fixing glitches, Gaia is liable to relocate those unused resources to where they feel they would be more profitable.

What they really need, to balance the process, is a surge of resources to aid in fixing the bugs that are currently in the system. Once that's done, they should retain a few of those resources (the dev team at the moment isn't even large enough to maintain the game; it's amazing what they've accomplished with the limitations they have), and should be able to maintain a balanced development cycle...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:17 pm
I say fix the glitches just because most people are getting frustrated(whether new or old players) with all the glitches, but making new content to draw back in people to play the game is important, but I go with Red on this to balance out everything  

ichihollow 21

Unbeatable Lunatic

Saurius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:19 pm
As long as the devs still love and support zOMG! we should too! Even if they can't anymore we still should!  
Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games