{PRP}I Bump You, You Bump Me {Vesuvius and Zosime} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:18 pm
User Image

Zosime had been traveling for weeks. The lands she had become familiar with were long behind her. She knew this had promised to be a long task due to her exacting standards, but she didn't realize just how long. For her, the search for an appropriate mate was a serious matter. He had to have just the right qualities.

Now it was mid-day and she wanted stopped for a break. Currently Zo was flying over an area of plains; she beat her wings and looked upon the softly rolling ground. A glimmer catches her eye as it snakes its way around hills. She turns on wing and heads towards the nearest part of the tiny stream. A long drink and a quick hunt is what she wanted.

Her hoofs sink slightly into the soft ground closest the stream. With dainty steps she approaches and checks that the water is clean and pure. Satisfied that it would do her no harm, her head feathers relax back as she bends to take a long deep drink. Even though she was drinking and relaxed didn't mean she was completely oblivious. Her ears swivel around to catch any noises. Unfortunately the stream took the lowest course which meant that it was always within a valley.

Pausing her drinking to lift her head, Zo takes a look around. Her ears bring the tiny sounds of rodents scurrying among the grasses. There would be a quick and easy lunch for her today.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:11 am
User Image Vesuvius was lying down in the long grasses, on his side, feeling the hot, blistering waves on his body. The heat that so many Soquili thought unbearable did not seem to bother him at all. He had been lying there for several minutes, half and hour almost, watching a string of fat black ants pick apart the corpse of a dead field grasshopper. Piece by piece the dead insect has been disassembled and in and orderly straight line been hauled back to the empire of dirt a couple of yards away.

Vesuvius didn't question why he found the process so fascinating. It wasn't the death of the insect or the feat to the tiny ants. Just the whole process seemed to calm his mind - which was often racing and easily distracted. But the minutes dragged on, the grasshopper was almost completely gone, and the strain of lying on his side was beginning to get uncomfortable. Completely oblivious to the serpent mare that landed by the stream's bank nearby, he hauled himself up onto his feat. With a satisfied snort he shook free his mane and coat of all the dirt and debris. He took a couple of strides over to the ant pile, looked down at it for only a few minutes before casually sweeping his front hoof over the mound, toppling it over.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:42 pm
Zo hears the grass rustle around something big, then hears it shake and snort. It sounded like a soquili. She turns to face it. Wondering why she hadn't noticed nor why it didn't react to her. Did it simply not see her?

As she turns, Zo finds herself facing a handsomely red stallion. She blinks in surprise at the horn growing out of his head. Her head feathers fluff up in a relaxed sort of way. "Hello?" she asks tentatively. Who knew how he'd react to her being there. Her tail slowly swings side to side.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:34 pm
Vesuvius pulled his attention away from the explosion of activity at the destroyed ant hill and looked up to see a strange mare approaching him. His eyebrows raised slightly as he took a few steps towards her - mostly so the ants wouldn't attack his hoof while he was distracted. "Hello..." he returned, just as tentatively. His voice was low and rumbling, making him sound older than he was.

His eyes traveled over her, taking in all her features. It wasn't in a salacious way - he had never seen a Soquili quite like this one here. She resembled his mother - but only slightly. This mare was sleeker, scaley, and had an impressive pair of long fangs. He flicked his tail behind him and gave a nod of approval. Perhaps this mare was worth his time.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 pm
She was pleased he hadn't tried to run her off right away. Now how to come to the point of her being here? Well maybe it was best to simply get to know him first. Zo stops a polite distance away. She notices the fury of activity of ants near his hoof. "Why did you do that?" She blurts without thinking. Her head feathers dip down for a moment in her embarrassment. Zo you'll have to do better than that!

Zo gives a polite cough. "Um, I'm Zosime. What's your name?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:00 pm
Ves's eyes widened only slightly as she asked about his handywork with the ant hill. His eyes drifted back towards the ground, watching the little tizzy of black dots as they frantically went about trying to rebuilt their home.

He gave nothing more than a roll of his shoulders. He didn't know, so he no good answer to give her. He had just recently left home and had been wandering with little direction. This made his frustrated - and the only thing that made him feel less frustrated was destroying something. Crushing rocks, digging his sharp hooves into the trunk of a tree... the release calmed his smoldering mind... at least for a while.

But thankfully the conversation quickly drifted to something easier for the young stallion to put into words. "My name is Vesuvius," he said, giving her a nod. "Nice to meet you... Zosime." He looked at her for a minute... he didn't know many Soquili outside his family and his mind raced with something to say that might make a good impression. "I like your feathers," he finally blurted out, looking at the cockatoo like protrusions on her head.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:57 pm
Zo hadn't really expected answer. Perhaps it was best she didn't know. His business with the ants was his business; no matter how curious she was. Her eyes drop briefly to the ant hill as she sees him glance in that direction. I wonder what he is doing out here. Is he alone? An ear twitches around listening for any soquili that might be trying to sneak up.

She returns his nod with a smile. "A please Vesuvius." Now what? Did she make small chit-chat? Or try to get closer. This was certainly harder than she'd thought it would be. His sudden comment surprises her. She ducks her head in pleasure as her feathers dip again. "Thanks."

Her head tilts slightly to the side so one red eye can get a good look at him. "Do you live here?" She hoped she wasn't being too nosey and he wouldn't take offense. It might be taken badly if he already had a mare and she made her offer. But if he was alone.... then maybe he'd be agreeable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:25 pm
Vesuvius looked around the plains around them, and didn't answer for a moment. He wasn't trying to be rude; just thinking. Did he live here? He lived here right now in a way. I mean, he slept in a near by gully just the night before, But he figured that's not what she meant. Living somewhere implies some kind of emotional connection, right? This was not home... he had left his family many moons ago and had been wandering aimlessly ever sense. He didn't even know if he was going to go back.

"I'm not living anywhere right now," he finally settled on, tossing his mane over his shoulder and watching her reaction carefully.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:43 pm
He wasn't living here?

Zo pawed a hoof into the ground slowly, "Oh. I was hoping you'd be able to warn me of dangers. I'm also looking for other soquili. Um, stallions specifically. You shouldn't know of any others in the area?" It made no sense to continue this way if there were none to be found after all.

She hoped he'd become interested in why she was looking for them, and ask. He seemed rather shy with her there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:49 pm
He cocked his head. "Well, there are a few skinwalkers that live in the area, I've heard. Haven't seen any myself... but I know someone who was nearly killed." He gave a definitive nod, as if he was a local expert. "But you can smell them coming a mile away. Just steer clear of them. Unless you're looking for a fight." He added that last part in there quickly as an afterthought - like he didn't want her to think his normal course of action was to run away from a challenge.

"Whatcha looking for stallions for?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:04 pm
"That's good to know. I'll be sure to avoid them, thanks." From what she'd heard, skinwalkers would not make good mates. "I think I'll avoid them for now, since I'm not really looking for a fight." Zo smiled.

"I'm sure you've nothing to fear from them. You look as though you could take on several easily." She ducked her head, a little shyly. Now for the moment of truth. "I'm, uh, looking for one to sire foals. My herd is rather small right now, and we're looking to increase our numbers."

She arched her neck and nodded her head. "I'm looking for one who has wings...." Her eyes traveled significantly over his wings as she left the sentence hanging on an up note. Would he be interested?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:15 pm
Ves couldn't help but puff up a bit as she mentioned his ability to take on several skinwalkers. Though it was completely untrue; his ego was still bruised from his families crushing defeat to take over Balrog and Stormwild's herd. He snorted at the memory, almost getting lost in his hatred until her next sentence shook him back into reality like a douse in cold water.

His eyes widened in surprise then narrowed in scrutiny. At the mention of his wings he raised them out a bit, as if to show off how impressive they were.

But... siring foals? The thought had never even crossed his mind before. He was still fairly young and all... but he was by no means a little foal. No, he was a stallion now.

He looked like he was hesitant to answer right away. "Maybe," he finally settled on, looking over the mare with intense scrutiny now.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:38 pm
She wondered why he snorted and figured he'd tell her if he chose to. Prying into his past was not her place. Zo didn't intend to tell him any of her history if this was just a fling.

When he extended his wings, she nodded at them. "My herd lives high on a cliff. The babies need wings to fly. You'd be welcomed to come and see it for yourself. Stay if you'd like too."

She turned to the side so he had a good view of her. "On the other hoof, if you'd rather have nothing to do with the offspring, that is your choice as well. The only requirement I have is the foals stay with me and the herd." Her tail waved side to side.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:13 pm
He stretched his wings out and folded them neatly back at his sides. "Cliffs you say?" He got a suspicious look on his face... he knew of another herd that lived on the mountains. Storm and Balrog's herd. But certainly she wasn't a part of them. She too closely resembled a kalona...and she would have recognized him from the recent attack.

"I am not a... dispensary. If I sire foals, I must be sure they will be in good hands. Perhaps I can see your herd for myself."

He was quiet for a moment, his heart heavy in his chest as he remembered his family..and how lonely he felt though he would never show it.

"Perhaps I may stay."

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:49 pm
Zo nodded eagerly. She loved talking about the home she'd picked out. "It's got this great valley for hunting. The cliffs are sheer faced so nothing without wings can get to us. It's deep in the mountains away from other herds." Her tail twitched excitedly.

She fluffed her head feathers up, pleased. Good, he had a sense of responsibility. She liked that. Right now she wouldn't hope on him staying past the foal's births, but that would be enough. She wondered if he'd stay for the foals or perhaps another reason.

"I did offer. I would champion you into our herd lands. You'd be welcomed to stay as long as you liked provided you obeyed our rules. We need more members so you'd be welcomed to stay permanent if you chose." She smiled.

"Right now there's only three of us, so you might be propositioned by the others too." She watched him to see how he felt about it.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff