Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] These are our lands now. (Hallow's Bane & Nymphalidae) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 pm
This is a private RP between Hallow's Bane (Nayci) and Nymphalidae (Calixita).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 pm
Nymphalidae awoke with a start. The sun blazed down upon her back and her coat was damp from sweat; the heat from the summer days were quickly becoming intolerable. She tilted her head slightly to glare up at the sun, as if her gaze would terrify it into retreating -- but alas, she was left disappointed. If anything, it only seemed to get hotter. The dark fur covering her body was absorbing the blazing heat, and she fluttered her delicate wings in an attempt to create at least some small relief in the form of a breeze. It helped, but not much, and the mare knew she was not about to fall back asleep anytime soon. It was always difficult to be a night creature during the summers, when some days became so unbearably hot.

With a shake of her head to try and get her mane to stop sticking to her neck, she trotted over to the river and drank from it, before deciding it would be much more satisfying if she were in the river itself. She treaded into the cool water until half her body was submerged, and although the air was still uncomfortably warm it was still enough to take the edge of her irritation. Eyes half-closed, she gazed around lazily at the field surrounding the river -- her field. Her river.

It hadn't come easily, of course. Hallows Bane's herd were hesitant to accept her, but her appearance of a fluttercorn certainly had helped her infiltrate, and with Bane at her side -- their trusted protector -- it didn't take long to win over their trust. To trick them into a sense of security. Surly, no fluttercorn would betray them... but when blood splattered Nymphalidae and Hallows Bane's muzzles, when the ground was churned up from the herd's frantic need to escape the slaughter the pair rained down upon them, it was far to late to realize the error of their beliefs. The herd was gone, now -- either dead or escaped -- and the land belonged to them. The mare smiled, and not even the heat of the day could ruin the euphoric feeling of absolute power that washed over her. No longer did she hide her existence or her true nature of her kalona bloodline; this land was hers to do with as she pleased, and if she wished to hunt for her prey and feed on the hearts of her victims, then that is what she would do.

The joy of their victory here still flowed heavily through Nymphalidae's veins, and she splashed about in the river in an unusually playful-like manner, tossing her head. Where was Bane? He should be here to celebrate on their newly conquered land together. Finally distracted from the uncomfortable warmth of the day, she broke off into a gallop across the field in search of her mysterious demon companion. They may have taken this land... but they still had a journey to Bane's homelands begin. And Nymphalidae still wanted to gain so much more.

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:18 am
Needs to be re-written

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:08 pm
Nymphalidae spotted the bat flying away from the hillside as she drew closer; what was that obnoxious creature doing back? Her ears flicked back against her head, glad that the familiar left before she arrived at Hallows Bane's side. One of these days she was going to eat the little beast, of that she was certain. Her spirits lifted again when the dark stallion came into view; she took a brief moment to allow her eyes to take in the view of his sturdy posture, appreciating the strength that radiated from the powerful stallion. Time and time again she would forget that he was not a pure blooded kalona, and every day she grew fonder of his company. "I saw your bat leaving as I arrived," she said once she was nearer to him, raising her head to look to the skies. "We should keep her around next time, I think. Fatten her up... she would make a fine meal."

Golden eyes gleamed with mischief as she offered the suggestion, circling around Hallows where he stood, nipping the base of his tail playfully before galloping around to his front again. "What are you doing up here all by yourself? We should be savouring our land while we can, before we leave it behind..."

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:56 pm
Hallows smiled ruefully, "but eating Leeki wouldn't be very tasty. Her paranoia and subservient behavior wouldn't be nice to have on your tongue and I doubt you'd savor that flavor."

"Plus," he added on a side note, "she's my messenger to the lands in the east where my family resides. Apparently they're just dying to see me."

He rolled his eyes sarcastically and looked at his companion thoughtfully. Something was...different about her. He couldn't really tell if it was her posture or her face. But something was glowing in her countenance. To be honest he didn't think Nymphalidae would even notice that yet. Be that as it may it was too subtle for even him to really tell, so for him to bring it up would have to come at a later date.

'Besides,' he thought, 'she does have a point. These lands are ours now. There's room for at least a bit of fun.'

Stepping up to her he realized he towered over her in height, she really was petite compared to him, the top of her ears reaching about his chin. Quite frankly, he found it to be rather cute.

'Cute?' he thought, 'that is something not normally in my vocabulary.

"You do have a point," he finally answered her to her query of why he was still up here on the hill, "but alas, what type of savoring do you have in mind? We don't want to kill everything in our area yet. I'd probably scare the rest from ever coming back."

A slight tease yes, but he had a feeling she'd take the bait.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:29 pm
"You think I couldn't?" Nymphalidae narrowed her eyes and snorted, feeling challenged -- but then she wrote off the comment with a sneer. It was true; she was easy to rile up, quick to fall for bait. The mare tossed her head and rolled her shoulders, looking down the hill and out across their land. "We don't have to hunt. We could run, we could swim in the river -- we could... fly," she said, with a hint of bitterness at the end. As if what either of them could do resembled true flight. Nymphalidae looked at the small wings on Hallows Bane's back and flexed the delicate wings that belonged to her. No -- they couldn't get far off the ground, not with these. The only way she could gaze at the treetops would be to stand upon hilltops such as this one.

At that moment she envied Leeki.

"We can do anything we wish." Almost.

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:10 am
For a moment Hallows looked at her thoughtfully and turned, coming closer to her and lightly, ever so lightly caressing her delicate flutter wings.

"You have a better chance at flying at all than I do my beautiful huntress," he muttered and softly sneered at himself while pinning his ears back, "unlike me and this deformity."

A quite moment pursued and Hallows back away a bit; looking over the hills and grassy nature of his territory. For a second he wondered how himself and Nymphalidae would be able to keep this land. Would they actually be able to at all? Probably so, but how so when they're leaving this nightfall. Thinking about her words of something to do, an idea caught his mind.

With a sly type of smile the demon turned to his huntress, "I have a place you may enjoy. It'd deep within the tress where not much sunlight shines. Follow me if you wish to see."

With that his eyes narrowed playfully at her and he started to make his way down the hill and towards the patch of trees not to far away. He'd be willing to share this hiding place with his huntress, oh yes he would.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Nymphalidae winced at the light touch to her wings -- the touch didn't hurt, but she wasn't used to the feeling, and as delicate as they were she feared them tearing and becoming permanently grounded. Her wings twitched slightly, but she held still, watching his movements closely, and when he spoke she realized she had been holding her breath. Nymphalidae let out a slow exhale, eyes half-shut as she pressed her wings tightly against her body after Hallow's Bane moved away from her.

There was just something about the way he called her his beautiful huntress that both irritated her and sent goosebumps down her spine.

Her ears perked up with curiosity as he mentioned the hidden place, and she tossed her head to move the hair from her eyes before she began to follow him down the hill they stood on. The mare's nostril's flared as she tried to pick up any scent that may give a hint to where they were going, but she found nothing out of the ordinary. "Well?" she asked, impatience getting to her despite the short distance. "Where are we going?"

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:00 pm
reference to the place described in this post: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/yamibakura_/croatia-green-forest-and-waterfall.jpg
"You'll see," came the vague reply as the treetops overtook them and the sun left them behind.

Hallows had found this place when he was a really young stallion, maybe five in human years. He had just run away from the herd after dinner to avoid his foster fathers lecture about how he shouldn't tease the other young males for not having wings like he did. Looking back on that Hallows rolled his eyes, had he known back then what he knew now about his wings he wouldn't have said jack.

The familiar and comforting sound of running water on rock met his ears, and Hallows took in a deep breath of air. Stepping on a few pieces of brush he fully came into the clearing, moving off to the side to allow Nymphalidae into the clearing as well. This place had become his hiding place, his protection from the others.

The glowing greenish blue water lapped against the moss littered ground, over hanging willow trees and their long strands of leaves barely skimmed the surface. Many tiny and medium sized waterfalls crashed into the other side, just giving enough way to show a set of cave entrances behind them. He hoped Nymphalidae would enjoy this place as much as he did.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:34 pm
She stopped in her tracks as soon as Hallow's moved aside so that she could join him in the clearing. This... hadn't quite been what she expected. Then again, she didn't know what to expect in the first place -- just not this. Nymphalidae didn't quite know what to think; her muscles remained tense, always on edge, always prepared to spring into action, feelings that had no place in a cove of waterfalls and lush greenery.

The mare may be a ruthless hunter, but she could also appreciate beauty. She just didn't know what to do with it.

Nymphalidae realized she had been gazing at the scenery before her in silence, and that her companion was probably expecting some sort of reaction from her. From the secretive way he led her here, he'd meant it to be a surprise, hadn't he? And it was -- but she didn't often utter the words it's beautiful. She turned her head to look at him.

"It's..." she paused, searching for an appropriate word. "Impressive." Yes, that would do. "I didn't know such a place existed in our lands." She waded out into the lake until the cool water reached her ankles, bending her head down for a drink.

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:57 pm
Hallows smiled wryly, "This is one of those places that allow for solitude and meditation," a pause, "It also gave me a place for protection back during the younger days when the foolish colts would play their ugly little games. But no matter, they're taken care of now and that's what matters."

With an indignant snort Hallows waded across the pool and to the small island near the back by the entrance to the caves. "These caves are also a good place for protection should the need arise. Not many, if any at all, from the previous herd could enter this place and come back out without worse for wear. The stalagmites proved to be a rather...fitting end for some as I found out from wandering inside."

"On another note, however, we should start preparing for our journey ahead. If memory serves correctly the road to my family will not be an easy one. There has been word from Leeki that my mother has had a dream of my return, and as such she's making sure full preparations are to be made. And I don't mean that in a very..." he paused for a moment to get the right word, "pleasant fashion."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:11 pm
Nymphalidae raised her head as Hallow's waded farther into the lake, moving past her to the caves beyond, and she followed him across to the island, shaking her body to get rid of the water that still clung to her once she was on dry land again. Water trickled and rushed down from what seemed to be all around them in small waterfalls, healthy greenery hanging around the cave entrance like a frame, and she moved forward to peer inside as her companion told her of his history in this place.

She had never been the victim of young foals and the cruel games they could play. In fact, she had been the one to bully her own siblings -- for the short time she remained with them and their foolish mother. And after that? She had made it on her own.

"Preparations," she echoed the word, peering at her companion curiously. "What kind of preparations do you expect your mother to have waiting for you?" And then, after a moment's thought -- the mention of the small obnoxious bat putting the pieces together -- she added: "Do you think Leeki has told your mother I will be accompanying you?"

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:21 pm
Hallows paused for a moment at her question putting the same pieces together she just had. The thought of that irked him; it irked him greatly and also didn't sit well with him at all. That bat better not have. It was none of Leeki's or his mother's business who he associated with. But at the same time he wouldn't put that past his familiar; loyal to the herd more than her companion.

"To be frank I wouldn't be surprised. Our chosen companions are loyal to fault. If put under certain situations they'll always break. It's both a bless and a curse. Although right now i do not see how it's a blessing." he answered and looked towards the caves.

"I do remember one of these has a path leads out of here and towards our destination. So, when you are ready we will find it." Hallows turned his head to look at Nymphalidae intently.

"I cannot guarantee what we will come across on our journey nor what we will fully find when we get there. As long as we tread carefully with our words and actions we should be fine. Besides, if anyone ever so much as touches you I'll rip them to shreds."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:43 pm
Well. No matter what was to come, Nymphalidae was not afraid. She was confident -- arrogant, even -- in her own strength and abilities, despite the shortcomings and limitations of her own body (her wings fluttered slightly at her sides as she thought this). She held her head high and proud as Hallows warned her of possible dangers that awaited them. What did they have to fear? They had slaughtered the herd that occupied these lands. What would one more be, if it came to that? Alone, she was strong -- and together, they were powerful. A force she believed could not be stopped.

Her lips curled up into a smile at his vow to protect her. Oh, yes -- he was all hers. "You speak as if you think I do not know how to protect myself," she teased lightly. "I shall pierce the heart of any who dare to even look at me in a way I do not like. What is danger to us? I have told you that we will destroy anything that dares to cross our path to stand in our way. And that is simply what we will do."

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:52 pm
The stallion snorted in high amusement at the thought of her killing those in his family herd. He knew she could and she would indeed do so if she had to. And that was what attracted him to her the most, her confidence.

"My dear huntress," he drawled smirking a bit, "I never said you couldn't defend yourself for indeed you can. I just wanted to have a bit of fun myself should anyone even try."

He then gave her a fake type of pout, "such a ruin of my fun." And if he could, he would have probably stuck his tongue out at her. Out of character maybe but hey, even stallions had to have a few of out of character moments from time to time.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff