Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Olympian Advice Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:06 am
σℓчмριαη αdvιcε

Hello, guild members! Mnemosyne here, with 'Olympian Advice'. This will be my thread, unless the other gods decide to help me out with this. Though, be smart with your questions. Obviously you're not going to ask Hades how to get a girlfriend(sorry, Hades), or ask a satyr how to get a girlfriend, either.(Especially Pan)
So, members! Hopefully the other gods will come around, as I will be bored. Though, I am millions of years of experience(and all that to remember, too).

Ask away!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:09 pm
Why did Lady Hera chose to punish Prince Dionysus, exactly, Lady Moneta? *bows down*  

Javier Cross

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:44 pm
Feels like an Ask Mnemosyne thread, doesn't it?

Well, the thing was, Hera and Zeus were married by that time, Javier. And you know how picky she could be. She had already dealt with Leto, Maia, and the rest, and Dionysus was the youngest Olympian. Because of her jealousy and hopes of keeping the family in line, she tried to kill him. As, unlike the other Olympians, he was a demi-god, a son of Semele, who wasn't divine all up until Dionysus saved her.

And don't call me Moneta, unless you want to address my Roman side, who I find is dumber.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:12 pm
Mnemosyne Moneta

Well, the thing was, Hera and Zeus were married by that time, Javier. And you know how picky she could be. She had already dealt with Leto, Maia, and the rest, and Dionysus was the youngest Olympian. Because of her jealousy and hopes of keeping the family in line, she tried to kill him. As, unlike the other Olympians, he was a demi-god, a son of Semele, who wasn't divine all up until Dionysus saved her.

And don't call me Moneta, unless you want to address my Roman side, who I find is dumber.

Yes, Milady. *bows down*

I recalled well that it was said that Semele was a demigoddess daughter of Harmonia, yet even being Hera's technical great-granddaughter was no real protection against her wrath.
How come even if you're a great-grandchild of Hera[from Ares' side, at that!] its no real protection from a scenario of getting killed because of her, like with Semele's case?  

Javier Cross

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:22 am
Javier Cross
Mnemosyne Moneta

Yes, Milady. *bows down*

I recalled well that it was said that Semele was a demigoddess daughter of Harmonia, yet even being Hera's technical great-granddaughter was no real protection against her wrath.
How come even if you're a great-grandchild of Hera[from Ares' side, at that!] its no real protection from a scenario of getting killed because of her, like with Semele's case?

Because rage can make the mind fogged from the important things. I've seen it before with Zeus before, Javier, and once he's out of lightning bolts, he just steams up. Don't get into his path, then. Only Themis and Hera are the ones that try to calm him done. Hera was filled with some much jealousy and hatred over the woman, she didn't care of her parents, just wanting her dead, including Dionysus.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:48 am
Mnemosyne Moneta
Javier Cross
Mnemosyne Moneta

Yes, Milady. *bows down*

Because rage can make the mind fogged from the important things. I've seen it before with Zeus before, Javier, and once he's out of lightning bolts, he just steams up. Don't get into his path, then. Only Themis and Hera are the ones that try to calm him done. Hera was filled with some much jealousy and hatred over the woman, she didn't care of her parents, just wanting her dead, including Dionysus.

I wouldn't dream of getting on the receiving end of the anger of the children of Kronos[although i might be considering questioning their methods in caring for whatever demigod children they may have, but that's best saved for another time in this thread, later on!] as their demigod children's and potential descendants' rage would already be frightening enough to avoid at all costs.

Prince Dionysus[Harmonia's grandson through his mum, Semele!] had to fight tooth-and-nail just to get his mom back, until he finally succeeded in the end.
That took more guts than not only most people would give him credit for, but also more guts than i believe i can ever expect to manage without military training[or even with Military training, for that matter!]

Did they ever said about exactly what became of Harmonia, herself[Hera's immortal granddaughter] after she left Thebes with her husband?
I don't think it was cleared up much.  

Javier Cross

HadesPluto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:50 pm
Oh sure. Just 'cause I followed my stupid brother's advice to kidnap her.....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:37 pm
HadesPluto

You didn't mean Harmonia or her daughter, Semele, right? sweatdrop
Are you referring to Lady Persephone, your majesty?  

Javier Cross

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:25 pm
Javier Cross
HadesPluto

He's referring to the point where I said that you wouldn't ask Hades for advice on getting a girlfriend,  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:09 pm
Mnemosyne Moneta
Javier Cross
HadesPluto

He's referring to the point where I said that you wouldn't ask Hades for advice on getting a girlfriend,

Oh, thanks, Lady Mnemosyne. *bows down like a mystic cow*
There there, My lord, it'll all be better, sooner or later. *goes to bring hot chocolate mixed with either butterscotch or caramel by a bucket to the ruler of the underworld*  

Javier Cross

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:17 pm
Javier Cross
Mnemosyne Moneta
Javier Cross
HadesPluto

There there, My lord, it'll all be better, sooner or later. *goes to bring hot chocolate mixed with either butterscotch or caramel by a bucket to the ruler of the underworld*

o0o He got over the giant wall! With a bucket in one of his hooves! <--- Amazed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:10 am
Javier Cross
Mnemosyne Moneta
Javier Cross
HadesPluto

OOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

HadesPluto

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:18 am
Dionysus or Bacchus
Javier Cross
Mnemosyne Moneta
Javier Cross
HadesPluto

o0o He got over the giant wall! With a bucket in one of his hooves! <--- Amazed.

How do you do that? Is he like a super cow, transformed by the gods? I bet Demeter did it. That's her style. Shoots look at Demeter.

Though, what I don't get it why Hades doesn't through a party sometime. Gothic goddesses would love it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:10 pm
He probably gets enough of the chthonic goddesses.  

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:53 pm
Mnemosyne Moneta
Dionysus or Bacchus
Javier Cross
Mnemosyne Moneta
Javier Cross
HadesPluto

How do you do that? Is he like a super cow, transformed by the gods? I bet Demeter did it. That's her style. Shoots look at Demeter.

Though, what I don't get it why Hades doesn't through a party sometime. Gothic goddesses would love it.

I think one of the disciples of Hera turned me into a cow, by using my fear against me. redface
If it helps, milady, i think one of the ancient and mystical cows could have augmented me with a gift of power, in this form, until i get back to normal.

Would you believe me if i said i said nothing ill about Hera, either?  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff