Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:11 pm
Not long after the pride had gathered for the revelation of who the Swampland Killer was, and subsequently dispersed, Domevlo lumbered away. It had been a long night, and the large lion was tired - traveling the samp lands, fighting Mysmyr, then as the morning came, watching as their goddess delivered justice... A nap was well overdue.

However, there was much on Domevlo's mind. One would have thought that his mind would be at ease, but no. Domevlo found his resting spot of choice, and rather than sleep, he restlessly mulled things over in his mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:43 pm
Mono had been keeping herself at bay; she knew not to look for Domevlo, not after their last talk about the danger in the pride (At the time, that is) - so she find other ways to keep her mind off of him. She had left the pride to visit her sister Ico, who was now a mother of five.

Slightly green Mono returned, alone.

With a soft sigh the lioness sat down, her tail curled around her back paws as she glanced up at the night's sky. The swamp lands, for once seemed so peaceful. Thank goodness everything was over.  

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:55 pm
Nothing was ever over. One door closes, another one opens. Just because the rock hit the water and settled on the bottom, doesn't mean there still aren't ripples proceeding it. ...Domevlo would have given just about anything to know that Mysmyr's children weren't going to be effected by this, but he knew better. Their own minds as well as the reactions of others towards them would mold them...and Domevlo had been there before. The pride would be warry of them. Even worse, some would detest them. The poor things were probably afraid that they'd end up like their father... and others would only help to push them in that direction.

So many what ifs ran through Domevlo's mind until finally he gave up on sleep. He stood, jarred muscles making him hobble a bit to his feet, and walk oddly.
There had been one face he hadn't seen the the meeting. One he'd not seen since an incident prior. He had been worried, there was no doubting that, but he'd pushed those thoughts away in favor of trying to figure out other troubles. Now he saw her, and felt relief. She was safe - not another casualty that they didn't know about...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:01 pm
"Hey."

Mono spoke out to him with a soft-welcoming tone, though she knew not to get her hopes up. Her golden eyes narrowed as she looked away from him and sighed. She knew the reason her sister had a mate and family was because she was stunning, lovely even. Mono was dull and muted, nothing about her shined. She felt utterly stupid around him now.

Push your feelings back.

She told herself as she sat down about ten feet from him, glancing up at the sky again.

Why me. Why why why me. She felt her heart race as she glanced back over to him for a second: Thank god he was still alive.  

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:11 pm
Yes, he was alive, albeit a bit more roughed up. Mysmyr had been younger, more vicious,...insane.Domevlo looked at his own reflection, then at Mono's. Mono might thing she didn't shine, but she was no where near as grizzled and marred as he was. Domevlo was large, but bony, and full of scars - inside and out. To him, she had no flaws, and was a beautifully crafted specimen of a lioness.

"The swamp is safe again," he spoke in his hesitant, dry whisper of a voice.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:57 pm
"That's good to hear."

She acted like she didn't know, turning a cheek as if to look away. Inside she wanted to cry at him, beg him to tell her why he hated her so much, but... maybe that was just what it was going to have to be.

One sided.

She sighed and glanced back at him, this was so weird for her, this male she had grown close to was a stranger to her. He was.

"I'm glad you are safe..."

She really was, she just didn't know how to show him.  

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:01 pm
Domevlo shook his head. No one should worry about him. He wasn't worth bothering for. That was just one of those things that had been burned into his mind. His worth was about as much as a fly.

"I worried more for you than myself."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:05 pm
That's silly. she thought.

"Why is that?"

She wanted to figure out why he would say something like that to her, was it because he was just kind in nature, caring even? She didn't know. He was so.... so closed off, so cold.

"Why did you worry about me?"

She needed to know. As she spoke she moved a bit closer to him, eyeing frame, taking in his new battle wounds.  

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:10 pm
Domevlo thought it obvious, "I feared for you life, and as much as I do not deserve friendship, I would be devastated if my first and only friend were to.....disappear." He couldn't say 'die.' Not and think of Mono, no. It was obvious he was not quite aware how his statement from the last time they met had left her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:15 pm
"Domevlo."

She sighed and moved a bit closer to him, her golden eyes narrowed and weak with an almost worry to her words, her truth.

"I care so much for you..."

She paused and looked down, still very unaware of her own feelings she spoke out, trying to explain the best she could.

"I couldn't live if something were to happen to you. I..."

Oh, she couldn't say it, could she? It was like something was holding her back... fear maybe?  

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:24 pm
Domevlo sighed heavily, focusing on his reflection in the water. "I am not worth care or worry. Toleration at best. I took lives, have been made a tool of hate. That took away any worth I ever held." Obviously he did not mean Mysmyr's life. "Your feelings are worth more [to me] than I can even ponder, but what you care for has no value."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:27 pm
Something in his words made her snap. Mono was going to just explode, and she did.

"You need to stop looking at yourself like a monster! You are not a monster, you are worth my care and time and if I want to care about you, I am going to."

She lowered her ears and pushed her body into his, as if to snap him out of this... sorrow he was in.

"Stop doing this to yourself. You are loved. You are beautiful."

She didn't understand. What he was she adored. She really did. What inner demons hunted him so?  

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:37 pm
"You and the Mother goddess, I do not understand." He shook his head and furrowed a brow - for a brow was all his face could manage.

"The things I have done will forever mark me as a monster...not the monster Mysmyr was, but a monster all the same. You do not understand..." Domevlo sat up from his previous laying position. "I too, have destroyed families, in the most maniacal of ways. Fathers, brothers, sisters, children... Mysmyr had his own deluded reasons. All I had was hate and loathing. Loathing for the one who had marred me so on the outside. Too much emphasis was placed on the vileness of my appearance, that it sank into my once benevolent heart. I forgot, or rather, was rendered too simple-minded to know, that true beauty comes from within. I cannot forgive myself. The entire world could find it in it's hear to absolve my sins, but I cannot.."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:44 pm
Even though she should have been hurt or upset at his words, she wasn't. She wasn't at all. He needed to move on, he needed to let sleeping birds sleep.

"It doesn't matter anymore. The past is something we can not replace, or forget. It's apart of us, who we are, but it doesn't make us."

She wanted him to see this, so badly. She moved herself so that she was standing right in front of him, with only an inch in-between.

"You are not that soul now, you aren't."

Why... why couldn't he see this?

"I love you. I do. I wish you could see that you are cared for, needed... yes... you might have done horrid things in the past, but so have a lot of other lions, we learn from the past... grow from it... stop living in it."  

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:59 pm
"I fear though, that I can forsee it repeating in others. Mysmyr's children,... They are bound to face ridicule and repulsion for what their father did. Some people...can not see the division between blood and the individual. I fear that if they are not strong, they will let the hate around them poison them. My past,...it might not be I, but it lives, still. I can not help but feel the need to fix it..."
No one had told Domevlo that he can't fix everything. he can't fix every wrong he saw that reminded him of himself.

A sigh.

"Love me as you desire. What price would you have me pay in return?" I already told you I have no worth. When it came down to it, Domevlo didn't know what love was, or how to give it. He knew he cared, and had the deepest gratitude for his new homeland, but love was not anything he had been shown.

There was that time when he had first 'awakened' when he had hid out near a family. He had re-learned how to talk then, and had spied on the couple on occasion, but he had been too...simple minded then.

Now?

Now he was learning all over again. Would Mono show him how to love and love in return?

Maybe...just maybe...

[FIn]  
[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces