Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
[ARCHIVE] For the Horde! - Grats Starless and Lolli! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:38 pm
User Image

Welcome to this little event. I would like to find a good home for this little basket and as she or he will be part of the infamous troll family and is rather special to me. Bane shall be helping me make my decision as well as a few friends if I need them ^-^~ I am looking for someone who knows a little about trolls in general or at least the Vitterfolk family. I would like this basket to go to someone who does not have that many in their herd, or even a newbie who I have seen around in the thread. RPing is definitely a plus as I have plans with this family that continue on through this point.

This event has three parts (Name/personality, Trivia and RP) and will go on until 10pm 9th July (second basket is open until 10pm 11th July). Each part is important but don't worry if one section is too hard, for example, some of the questions are hard on purpose. The answers can be found in numerous sources as well as my Teepee, my Plot thread, WoW-wiki and asking the 'real' Malis on WoW! Have fun with it and I can't wait to see the entries ^-^~

About OOC Trolls
Note: Malis comes from a herd somewhere in the Southern Americas. The tribe is known as the Darkspear Trolls however it is just a name and not a completely different race/species of Soquili. The kodos and crockalisks are actually just lizards and crocodiles and many of her customs are just that, customs. Her speech patterns and saying are cultural differences and do not promote anything special in her base character. She is a respected shaman in her tribe but in Soquili terms she is more like a spirit talker and can do minor spells. Malis has come to the Kawani herds to explore and find out about her northern cousins.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:39 pm
About the Vitterfolk family (The major players)

Father

User Image
Name: Sen'jin
Companion: Voodoo
Mother: Malis
Father: Kifo
Siblings: Rok'han, Kiua, Tai'jin and Zul'jin
Dislikes: Weaknesses, dis-honor
Personality: Sen'jin is a proud stallion who takes his heritage seriously. He is a bit of a mother's son and followed in her footsteps to become a shaman just like her. He does have trouble talking to the spirits as they don't listen as closely here as they did in her village but he hopes that one day he will be as good as his mother. He keeps his hair in dreads like Malis, sharing her belief that if he cut them he would loose his connection to the spirits. Whether that is true or not he does not wish to find out. Recently Ysiel, the young hippogryph he grew up with, has caught his eye. After an adventure in which a Kalona attacked the boundaries of the herd, she proved herself to be just as fierce as he was. He decided to court her, much to her enjoyment and now they travel together, exploring the world around the borders of the WillowGlen herd.

Mother
User Image
Name: Ysiel
Mother: Keridwynn
Father: Tempest
Sibling: Sturm
Dislikes: Being rooted to the ground
Personality: Left alone by both parents after they went their own ways, Ysiel was picked up by the troll family and grew up with the younger foals. She found the shaman training fascinating and, while she doesn't have much of an aptitude with it, she does meditate and loves to think of the wind whistling to her as she flies their own way of talking to her. She developed a crush on Sen'jin and followed him around for quite a while. One day they were attacked by a Kalona and she did her best to keep the spiteful mate at bay. Sen'jin grew to respect her and vowed after that moment he would take care of her.

Grandmother
User Image
Name: Malis Vitterfolk
Companion: Zayll
Children: Tai'jin and Zul'jin, Sen'jin, Kiua, Rokhan
Likes: Fighting, pillaging, plundering, looting, treasure hunting
Dislikes: Water! prissiness, having her hair cut.
Personality: Malis is a stubborn mare who loves to travel and is a shaman in her old village of Darkspear. Once a respected adult in her village, she left after a childhood friend came on to her a little strongly. After he ended up receiving the position she had been vying for she decide to seek her own fortune elsewhere. She came to the Kawani lands to learn about the soquili there and ended up staying put. Malis and Immi created the Willowglen Herd and they live in a clearing in the woods surrounded by willows. Malis is very wise though she chooses not to show it, preferring to act a little more dense so that others will explain things to her easier. She is a good listener and is one to go to for advice though she does have unusual ways to explain herself. Quite fun loving and very social, the troll mare enjoys to chat with other soquili to find out what makes them tic and learn new customs. However her more negative traits had been showing through with her nonacceptance of the newer additions to the family. She did not forgive Tai'jin from mating with a Kelpie and the resulting children did not bare much resemblance to the Horde. Zandali ran away after over hearing Malis and Tai'jin fight about her birth and Tai'jin left to go look for her shortly after. Malis had become greatly introverted and grouchy, even to the point at snapping at the rest of the herd. Where once, the others used to come to her for advice, they started to shy away in fear of her unpredictable reactions. This changed, however, when she tracked down Kifo once more and went on a journey with him. The result was a very heavy troll which prompted her return. She birthed three beautiful children, who she was very proud of. She dotes a lot on the elder son Sen'jin and her youngest son Rokkhan made her fiercely proud when the birth of their trollish kids extending the family line. With their birth she has become a little more softer around the edges and she looked to the south to where her other granddaughter had disappeared. Maybe one day she will go on a spirit journey of her own to bring back her granddaughter, now accepting her as part of the family. Recently Malis has been calming back down, accepting the new comers to the herd with open arms. She has become more interested in what makes others different instead of protecting her own lines. With the growth of the Horde she has become more of the busy body matchmaker, matriarch of a strong and numerous family.

And the prodigal granddaughter...

Zandali
User Image
Name: Zandali
Mother: Tai'jin
Father: Icarus
Dislikes: Meeting new people, unfamiliar places
Personality: Zandali wishes she could be as brave and strong as her mother and grandmother but she feels as if she cannot match up to her Grandmother's ideals. She has a rather pronounced stutter and is very shy and introverted because of it. To the few friends she has made she is incredibly loyal and would do anything she could to help them. Recently she overheard her mother and grandmother fighting and became rather distraught over it. She ran away from home and has not come back. She hoped that by finding the village her grandmother came from she can win over Malis' favor and be accepted into the family once more. When she got there it was a little more than she bargained for. The troll's took her in and she learned about Malis, Vitterfolk (Malis' family) and about the Darkspear as a whole. She met Suile there who trained with her and then decided to accompany her back to the WollowGlen herd. There is a good chance that when he gets there he is planning on challenging Malis to a fight in Zandali's honor for her rightful place in the Horde. During their return Zandali found out she was with child. The decided to wait until the foals were born to start traveling again. She will be returning with two foals in tow and that meeting with Malis will definitely be an interesting one.

Quote:
User Image

Name: Súileabhán
Mother: Izusa
Father: Taraxippus
Dislikes: Fuzzy things, mud
Personality: Bad-tempered and aggressive, Súile woke up on the wrong side of the bed. As a foal he grew up on his own and so has a bit of a 'I can take care of myself' mentality. He met Zandali while she was trying to find her way to the Troll village and they made a truce after they were attacked by a large alligator. Upon reaching the village and being bested by the warriors there, the kalona stayed around to learn how to fight better. Zandali trained with him and they earned a mutual respect for each other. he is now on his way back with her to meet Malis and challenge her for Zandali's honor. During their return Zandali found herself pregnant and has increased his resolve to get her accepted.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:43 pm
About the Vitterfolk family (The Horde as a whole)

User Image

While Kifo, Kiua and Zul'jin often wander further lands far away there are many of the trolls who still live near by. Tai'jin lives along the coast with her mate Icarus (something Malis is learning to live with) while Rokhan lives with his and their large family. Sen'jin and Ysiel play a big part in the safety of the WillowGlen herd as a whole and there is a smaller chance of their foals will travel unless they felt the need to visit the extended family of trolls.

Kerid and Tempest both live apart, Tempest in the high mountains on the very edge of the territory and Keridwynn in the forests, spending most of her time sleeping or sunning. For more info on any of the others in the family (that I own) you can check my teepee.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:53 pm
So... the moment you have been waiting for...

How to get your hands on this nifty little basket... and what's this?! A second basket?! (Contest is extended by two days to encompass the second basket, the first basket's owner will still be chosen at 10pm on the 9th) Questions in the next post... and make sure you answer all three parts <3

User Image

First you need to fill out the little form provided below. It will not be counted against you if you have never played WoW, don't know much about Trolls or you are not a Soquili newbie but it will help. Then I shall post a few questions about trolls in general, WoW, Malis' history and other random tidbits that I feel is important. This will not be a timed thing, I want everyone to have a chance to find the answers as I figure you will probably learn a little through searching *chuckles* After I'd like a little blerb or mini RP about the little basket in question. As Sen'jin is important to the Horde as a guardian, this foal will be raised alongside mine in the WillowGlen herd (probably by Malis like he was) so I am looking for someone who will be ok with that *nods*

[center][b]For The Horde[/b][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Gaian name
[b]Soquili name:[/b] (please think of something 'trollish' as she/he will be raised in the traditions of the Horde, if you need help coming up with names WoW-wiki is a useful tool)
[b]How many Soquili do you have now?[/b] (and who are they if ya wanna list them *grins*)
[b]Why would you like one of the troll family?[/b]
[b]If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it?[/b]
[b]Do you play WoW?[/b] (Character, level, server? *'cause I am curious*)
[b]In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality:[/b] (You can give a separate one for a colt and a filly if you wish)
[b]Any ideas for helping the plot along?[/b] (Either the main plot concerning Zandali's return or any of the others such as Rynn's or Solemn's)
[b]Do you like RPing?[/b] (not completely needed 'cause I am a very slow RPer but it would be nice)
[b]If you plan on breeding at a later date will you mind having Malis be a factor?[/b] (While Malis is the grandmother she is a huuuuuge busybody and will be watching her favorite son and how he deals with his youngsters. There is a good chance she may try and match-make in the future.)

STOP! To be considered for this second basket there is a different form! (If you would like to be considered for both you can edit your post to add in the new RP prompt, you do not have to answer the trivia again) This is the child of Zandali who is making her way back to the WillowGlen herd as we speak... This foal will be very important to the future of the Horde as a whole. Can Malis accept the grandchild who vanished so long ago and who is returning with children of her own?

User Image

[center][b]For The Horde[/b][/center]
[b]Name:[/b] Gaian name
[b]Soquili name:[/b] (Zandali has just spend the past year in the company of the Darkspear, would she follow in their traditions and name her foal something 'trollish' or go against them?)
[b]How many Soquili do you have now?[/b] (and who are they if ya wanna list them *grins*)
[b]Why would you like one of -this- branch of the troll family?[/b]
[b]If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it?[/b]
[b]Do you play WoW?[/b] (Character, level, server? *'cause I am curious*)
[b]In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality:[/b] (You can give a separate one for a colt and a filly if you wish)
[b]Any ideas for helping the plot along?[/b] (You will be a player in Zandali's return but how about any of the others such as Rynn's or Solemn's)
[b]Do you like RPing?[/b] (not completely needed 'cause I am a very slow RPer but it would be nice)

[b]RP prompt: [/b] Malis hates you, from the instant she sees you she will be filled with a distaste as you are the child of the one who caused her so much grief. How do you handle this? While Zandali may not have told you what happened, what she over heard during Tai and Malis' fight you have picked up that this journey home is something important. Describe your reactions/thoughts/feelings.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:56 pm
Questions o' DOOM!

If you cannot answer all of these that is ok... some are made purposely hard while others are just for fun so you can learn a little about me and my favorite characters ^-^~

1: Who is Ofoeti?
2: Trolls love food, give me a traditional dish they would like!
3: Name five Loa of the Troll's pantheon.
4: Tempest is a hippogryph, where are one of the places they are prevelant in Azeroth?
5: What is Trollhammaren?
6: Hakkar the Soulflayer was an enemy of the
7: Tell me about Tatterhood
8: Who is Zanza?
9: How do you earn rep with the Zandalari in WoW?
10: Name a big difference between Norwegian and Scandinavian trolls?
11: Sen'jin has a familiar, what is his name?
12: The Drakkari broke off from the Zandalari before the sundering, why did they fall?

1: Where does Ysiel get her name from?
2: Who was the first soquili Sen'jin officially met that was not part of the family?
3: In Azeroth, Sen'jin was a famous hero, what did he do?
4: Who were the first true enemies of the Gurubashi and Amani?
5: What is the difference between a Huldra and a Troll?
6: In WoW what are the Zandalari?
7: Who did Malis teach how to fly?
8: Describe the difference between a druid and a shaman.
9: Why doe Malis not like her eldest daughter's mate?
10: What tastes like Candifloss?
11: Faire Malis is a Vitterfolk troll, what is special about her hair?
12: Sen'jin learned this game from his mother but what the heck is 'Hoof-it'?

Bonus: Hop on Sentinels and find Malis... tell me what guild she belongs to. Or as a second bonus, hop on SilverHand and track down Peikko or Crystaea and get them to say 'Hi!' (make sure you let me know who you are)

And a little bit of RP...

The last little bit is a small RP blurb. Please respond to one of these three prompts. You do not have to write a huge story but I'd like at least a paragraph or two *nods*

Prompt 1: Give me a short character description of the foal. How does he/she react around others? Are they proud to be in one of the best family lines around? Are they helpful and supportive to others, do they feel the healers soul within them? Are they aggressive and fierce, travelers at heart? How does he feel about his grandmother, his uncles and aunts, nieces and nephiews?

Prompt 2: Sen'jin has gone on his rounds to make sure the borders of the WillowGlen territories are still safe. While he is gone, Ysiel has been called away to help out Immi with a small project. You have been left under the watchful eye of your grandmother who feels it's high time you learn about the spirits. While your sibling is more interested in exploring, what is your reaction, do you stay with Malis and try to learn about your heritage or wander off to look for your father and help him with guarding the herd?

Prompt 3: You are out exploring with your sibling. Describe what a day would be like in the WillowGlen territory. Do you go down to the edge of the river where it flows into the ocean or deep in the forest at the foothills where your grandfather lives? Is it a quiet day or does something happen? Do you expand on your story as you tell it or make sure everything you say is what really happened?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:57 pm
*saved for my notes*  

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

SunFireDemon

Demonic Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:22 pm
For The Horde

Name: SunFireDemon
Soquili name:Ai'Antu (Ai= Ones Antu=Overseer)
How many Soquili do you have now? I have one and her name is Sasalin
Why would you like one of the troll family?I have always loved troll, especially the male because their hot.
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it?Chic'adie
Do you play WoW? Kisharra, 80 belf hunter, Whisperwind
In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality:A charming youngster with a heart for adventure.
Any ideas for helping the plot along? um....not really.... sorry.
Do you like RPing?I love to rp.
If you plan on breeding at a later date will you mind having Malis be a factor?I wouldn't mind at all

Q&A

1: Who is Ofoeti?A troll in the play The Boy Who Loved Trolls that was found by 12-year-old Paul
2: Trolls love food, give me a traditional dish they would like!Their enemy.
3: Name five Loa of the Troll's pantheon.Ula-tek,Nalorakk,Akil'zon,Jan'alai,Halazzi
4: Tempest is a hippogryph, where are one of the places they are prevelant in Azeroth?http://www.wowwiki.com/Feralas
5: What is Trollhammaren?
An extended play from Finnish band Finntroll X
6: Hakkar the Soulflayer was an enemy of the Gurubashi trolls
7: Tell me about Tatterhoodis a fairy tale collected by Peter Christen Asbjørnsen and Jørgen Moe. It is a tale about twins, one pretty and one ugly. This tale type is quite common in Norway and Iceland and very rare elsewhere
8: Who is Zanza?Zanza the Restless gives the quests to obtain the Zul'Gurub class enchants and the +10 nature resistance enchant Savage Guard. You can find him on top of the Altar located between High Priest Venoxis and Bloodlord Mandokir.
9: How do you earn rep with the Zandalari in WoW?Drops from Zul'gurub
10: Name a big difference between Norwegian and Scandinavian trolls?Scandinavian troll's have a human-like appearance. Sometimes they had a tail hidden in their clothing, but even that is not a definite. Many of these trolls had a single lock of hair that no human could comb, whereas the rest was generally messy. A frequent way of telling a human-looking troll in folklore is to look at what it is wearing: Troll women in particular were often too elegantly dressed to be human women moving around in the forest. They could attract human males to do their bidding, or simply as mates or pets. Later these would be found wandering, decades later, with no memory of what had happened to them in a troll woman's Norwegian trolls large, brutish and a direct descendant from the Norse jötnar. They are often described as ugly or having beastly features like tusks or cyclopic eyes
11: Sen'jin has a familiar, what is his name?VooDoo
12: The Drakkari broke off from the Zandalari before the sundering, why did they fall? The Drakkari tribe is one of a few small tribes that were driven out of civilized lands long ago for their extremely violent and cruel behavior. These barbarous trolls settled far in the north of ancient Kalimdor, adapted to their snowy environment, and formed the nation of Zul'Drak.

Rp: prompt 2

While the others all had their minds set on grand adventures and exploring with out the watchful eye of any adult, the thought of learning of the spirits and the great things to be made Ai'Antu bubble with excitement. "When do we start?!?" the little foal joyfully chattered, following closely behind his grandmother in hopes that at any moment the lesson would start. Sure getting out and exploring was fun. But what good would it do with out the knowledge of your past, history, and beliefs held by your family, your people. Knowing these things helped you find who you really are.

Finally had time to finish this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:53 pm
For The Horde

Name: stormflower
Soquili name: Kay'lith(F) or Kail'Ran(M)
How many Soquili do you have now? 2 &1/2
WoW Darnassian Nightsaber-Einar, WoW Blindlight Murlock-Miloc, and WoW Baby Murlock-Peigi

Why would you like one of the troll family?They are total awesomeness, the back stories and everything is amazing and I'd love to be able to contribute to it.
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it?
I'm sorry, a what? Umm...Valen maybe...

Do you play WoW? I don't very much but I have an account, The main character I do have is on Doomhammer and named stormflower too and she is a level 28-29 Blood elf(warlock)-they are the best-next to trolls XD
In a short sentence give me an idea of this foal's personality: He/she would feel protective of his/her family, and feel privileged and honored to have noble troll blood in their veins, and very caring towards all and wanting to solve everyone's problems. (healer of the mind, almost)
Any ideas for helping the plot along? (Either the main plot concerning Zandali's return or any of the others such as Rynn's or Solemn's) Not at this point, the foal's personality would have to grow before any deciding factors could arise.
Do you like RPing? Very much so, as I get bored so easily with everyday life..lol XD
If you plan on breeding at a later date will you mind having Malis be a factor? (While Malis is the grandmother she is a huuuuuge busybody and will be watching her favorite son and how he deals with his youngsters. There is a good chance she may try and match-make in the future.) Considering what I put as a ruff personality, I think they would vie for their grandmother's opinion on most thing (whether they would later agree with her notions is all depending on the possible mate.) biggrin

Q&A

1: Where does Ysiel get her name from?Ysiel Windsinger in game possibly
2: Who was the first soquili Sen'jin officially met that was not part of the family?Jirani?
3: In Azeroth, Sen'jin was a famous hero, what did he do?Had a vision of an Orc that would save his trolls from the humans, but the orc-Thrall and himself ended up captured by fevered murlocks, but Thrall was able to free some orcs and trolls. But Sen'jin was taken down by the murlock high-sorcerer and attacked. And with his last breath asked Thrall to save his people.
4: Who were the first true enemies of the Gurubashi and Amani? Technically probably one another, but together they had a common enemy-the civilization of Azj'Aqir
5: What is the difference between a Huldra and a Troll?The Huldra are a form of troll that have a more human appearances, particularly the females-said to appear human with only a cow tail to tell otherwise.
6: In WoW what are the Zandalari?The Zandalari serve as an overall priest caste for Azeroth’s trolls. The Zandalar tribe includes members of the Zandalar troll and jungle troll races.
7: Who did Malis teach how to fly?I'm not sure, I can't find anything but with Zayn(but from what I see that's her trying to teach him to shrink at will)
8: Describe the difference between a druid and a shaman.
Well the main difference I know of is Druids are the only ones who can shapeshift. I can't think or find anything else importantly defining really.
9: Why doe Malis not like her eldest daughter's mate? He is a Kelpi
10: What tastes like Candifloss?I wouldn't know...a toothpick?
11: Faire Malis is a Vitterfolk troll, what is special about her hair? Believed that it is the key to hearing the spirits...connection to the spirit realm
12: Sen'jin learned this game from his mother but what the heck is 'Hoof-it'? I don't know sad , but it seems like it could be fun.

RP Prompt

Prompt 1
Give me a short character description of the foal. How does he/she react around others? Are they proud to be in one of the best family lines around? Are they helpful and supportive to others, do they feel the healers soul within them? Are they aggressive and fierce, travelers at heart? How does he feel about his grandmother, his uncles and aunts, nieces and nephiews?

Response(portraying as Female):
Kay'lith is overly proud of her lineage and wants to keep the traditions alive within her. She has a strong urge to heal the mental wounds those she encounters have, including any hostile feelings between her own family members. She is sensitive to the emotional pain others feel and try to hide and she will go out of her way to heal those wounds, no matter the lengths she may have to take. In that sense she may feel/have a bit of a healer's soul.
Kay'lith is very helpful to all, even at a young age she strives to aid all around her in any way she could. She wants to learn about everything she can, in hopes that her extensive knowledge may lead her to help others on a greater level then before. She desires to be as close and knowledgeable about her roots as possible and loves her ever-growing family with all that she is and ever could be. She would definitely be her grand-mothers, grand-daughter. And would seek her thoughts, knowledge, and opinion on almost everything.

(If she has wings like her mother she would be shy with flying and would like more to be on the ground where her grandmother is.)

I think that's everything...I hope it's ok. heart

Edit: adding info for 2nd basket

For The Horde

Name: stormflower
Soquili name: Ali'shi(F) or Zephr'in(M)(first things that came t mind.)
How many Soquili do you have now? 2 1/2(posted above)
Why would you like one of -this- branch of the troll family? I would love to be a part of the family healing-or attempt of healing. And again any part of the troll line is awesomeness! XD
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it? Kranol
Do you play WoW?-listed above-
In a short sentence give me an idea of this foal's personality: Shy after hearing of the past, but assertive in trying to help mend it, but also would be very defensive and protective for his/her mother and that side of the family.(Not necessarily aggressive, but does have a temper)
Any ideas for helping the plot along? Not at this very moment, but things are kinda stirring.
Do you like RPing? YES!

RP prompt: Malis hates you, from the instant she sees you she will be filled with a distaste as you are the child of the one who caused her so much grief. How do you handle this? While Zandali may not have told you what happened, what she over heard during Tai and Malis' fight you have picked up that this journey home is something important. Describe your reactions/thoughts/feelings.
(rp'ing as female)
Ali'shi didn't know alot of her troll family, she knew her mother had been hurt and was nervous returning to her birth village. As they neared the main area some gathered whispering. There was one standing at the front with shinning red dreads, this must be Malis, the head of the family. Even at a distance she could feel the hate Malis had for her mother....for her. She defensively stood in front of her mother, though not even half her size. She wanted to know her troll brethren and to know acceptance, not for her but for her mother's sake.
She looked up to her mother and saw the unsettling feelings, she was scared and nervous. Ali wouldn't admit it, but so was she, but she pushed the un-easy feelings away. She wanted to see to it that the family rift would be healed, even by the slightest bit. She can deal with nonacceptance for herself, but her mother she knew needed to feel loved again by her family. Ali would do whatever it takes to heal the wounds that had been left unhealed for so long....she had to, all for her mother.

-eh...could be better, but that's all I got smile

stormflower

Fanatical Shapeshifter

elvyralani

Fashionable Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:59 pm
For The Horde

Name: elvyralani
Soquili name: Vornal
How many Soquili do you have now? 7 (Sunako, Sirana, Topher, Bad Horse, Burryna, Unetsiwa, Thackery)
Why would you like one of the troll family? I love the idea of a giant family. They just seem so fun and interesting!
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it? George
Do you play WoW? Yep! Elvyralani, lvl 80 Hunter, Night Elf on Llane(okay I'm alliance but I've always loved the trolls and belf)
In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality: I think that the little foal would love to become a shaman or some sorts, looks up to all the family (especially shamans). They'd love to adventure around and meet new, interesting creatures and soquili.
Any ideas for helping the plot along? Urgh, not to much sadly. The foal would be up for helping with anything in anyway. Actually maybe travel with Zandali if she'd allow so!
Do you like RPing? Yep but I'm slow at rping too.
If you plan on breeding at a later date will you mind having Malis be a factor? YES. Since this family seems to be such a nice and close one, I think that Malis should play a part in it. biggrin

1: Where does Ysiel get her name from? From Ysiel Windsinger from Zangarmarsh.
2: Who was the first soquili Sen'jin officially met that was not part of the family? Jirani
3: In Azeroth, Sen'jin was a famous hero, what did he do? Witch-doctor, who had a vision that a young orc would drive the humans away. The humans that were taking their land. It came true but then murlocs captured them, he sadly died.
4: Who were the first true enemies of the Gurubashi and Amani? The civilization of Azj'Aqir was the first common enemy.
5: What is the difference between a Huldra and a Troll? Huldra are usually beautiful females that have a sort of animal tail, the look like tree bark from the back. Trolls are more less beautiful and more giantish.
6: In WoW what are the Zandalari? They are the ones trying to Zul'Gurub back!
7: Who did Malis teach how to fly? Did some reading, Ezriel! Lol, I get it.
8: Describe the difference between a druid and a shaman. Druids can shapeshift, though Shamans can summon totems!
9: Why doe Malis not like her eldest daughter's mate? He be a kelpi, she's not a fan of water at all.
10: What tastes like Candifloss? Umm, idk RAINBOWS and fairy wings biggrin
11: Faire Malis is a Vitterfolk troll, what is special about her hair? She has a lock of hair that human's can't comb.
12: Sen'jin learned this game from his mother but what the heck is 'Hoof-it'? Been looking, no idea, sounds like you'd be kicking something.

Bonus: Hop on Sentinels and find Malis... tell me what guild she belongs to. -Symphony of Eternity (I'll say hi later biggrin )
Or as a second bonus, hop on SilverHand and track down Peikko or Crystaea and get them to say 'Hi!' (make sure you let me know who you are) -Totally will be doing later!

RP prompt:
Prompt 2: Sen'jin has gone on his rounds to make sure the borders of the WillowGlen territories are still safe. While he is gone, Ysiel has been called away to help out Immi with a small project. You have been left under the watchful eye of your grandmother who feels it's high time you learn about the spirits. While your sibling is more interested in exploring, what is your reaction, do you stay with Malis and try to learn about your heritage or wander off to look for your father and help him with guarding the herd?

Response:
Her brother wanted to go exploring, which was tempting. But grandma was watching them. She said something about talking about spirits. Vornal wasn't sure which she wanted to do now. Going to see their dad would be fun, but something about talking to grandma Malis sounded fun. The little mare decided to stay, she looked highly upon Malis anyway. In truth part of her wanted to be just like her! She looked to her brother, "Me brother, you go on wit' out me. I wan' t' listen to grandma. She'd be noticin' if we both be missin' you know?" She would but, it was this or tell him the truth.

It didn't take much to trick her brother anyway and he left pretty quickly. How ever fun guard the herd seemed, if she learned the ways like Malis, then maybe she can help the herd even more! Vornal went and found her grandma. "Heya grandma Malis? Can ya be teachin' me more about tah herd? I want to be hearin' about bein' a shaman too! Is it hard t' do? Can anyone becom' one, or does 't have t' be part of one?" The little mare smiled a trollish grin. "I wan' t' be just like ya!"

((lol, talking like a troll is fun))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:35 pm
For The Alliance

Name: Jinx Creed
Soquili name: Vai'ar Windstalker
How many Soquili do you have now? 7 (one is a usdia)
Why would you like one of the troll family? so i can take control of it... mwhahahaha
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it? Benedickt
Do you play WoW?yep, i just joined a new server, Emerald Dream, my toon is a nelf druid Swira (low lvl cus i just started her), i also have a lvl 32 shammy dranei on that server. i am really waiting for the worgen
In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality: I forsee Vai being raised by Kiarasteri, my nelf druid. Trolls will soon be able to be druids, so he/she can learn Kiara's ways. But Vai might try to make contact with his/her family.
Any ideas for helping the plot along? like i said, he/she will be raised by a nelf.... mwahahahaha
Do you like RPing?if the story line is good
If you plan on breeding at a later date will you mind having Malis be a factor? it would definatly make an interesting story seeing how Vai would be raised in alliance territory.

1: Where does Ysiel get her name from? Ysiel Windsinger, a Night Elf
2: Who was the first soquili Sen'jin officially met that was not part of the family?
3: In Azeroth, Sen'jin was a famous hero, what did he do? warned the orcs of humans nearby, and told thrall of his vision of him leading the orcs
4: Who were the first true enemies of the Gurubashi and Amani?
5: What is the difference between a Huldra and a Troll? a huldra is a seductive forest creature
6: In WoW what are the Zandalari? The Zandalari were the earliest known trolls, the first tribe from which all tribes originated.
7: Who did Malis teach how to fly?
8: Describe the difference between a druid and a shaman: Shamans rely on totems and the power of the elements, while druids use animal forms and magic from nature
9: Why doe Malis not like her eldest daughter's mate? he is a kelpie and their children do not resemble horde
10: What tastes like Candifloss?
11: Faire Malis is a Vitterfolk troll, what is special about her hair?
12: Sen'jin learned this game from his mother but what the heck is 'Hoof-it'?

(i am just gonna say 'he' for now)
All Vai knew of his history was that he had been found by a Night Elf Soquili named Kiarasteri when he was still cradled in his basket. She had just started raising children of her own, and happily took him in. He grew up learning of the magic in nature, and the gift of healing. Vai always knew he was different from his siblings, and wondered of his true family. He planned when he was old enough to search for them, and discover why he had been abandoned.
Vai is very strong in character, even though he was seperated from his family. He believes there was a reason he was raised by Kiara. He loves to go out on his own hoping to find someone in need of assistence. Being raised by a druid, Vai is very aware of the animals around him.  

Jinx Creed

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:28 pm
For The Horde

Name: Jynk
Soquili name: Jin'thavori
How many Soquili do you have now? 7: Illidan, Ghostpaw, Algalon (still in progress), Darkspine, Swimdeep, Miyako, and Hephaestion
Why would you like one of the troll family? I've always loved the Soquli troll family's rps and they're interesting characters. A member of the troll family would fit right in with the other WoW-themed Soqs in my herd and I could see some interesting plots coming about with them.
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it? Zol'jojo
Do you play WoW? I do, but not lately due to lack of funds. My last character was about 76, I think, and on Moonguard (or some such RP server). I usually play trolls or tauren, but do have the odd draenaei and blood elf, too. I like trying out the different races for different rp concepts.
In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality: Jin is prideful and fierce, reveling in her heritage of shamanism and spirit-talking. While raised in the troll family, she does have some influence of her northern kin as well, mixing some of those traditions with those she grew up with.
Any ideas for helping the plot along? Perhaps Jin could meet Zandali and play a role in her return. I am not as familiar with the other plots.
Do you like RPing? Absolutely! I put roleplaying as a priority in deciding what to do with my Soqs--for example, their breedings will never be flings, they have to have mates who they have an rp'd relationship with. It also helps in developing the Soq's character, too.
If you plan on breeding at a later date will you mind having Malis be a factor? I don't mind Malis being a factor. I think her match-making would be hilarious for rp, especially with Jin looking up to her grandmother so much.

Q&A of Doom

1: Where does Ysiel get her name from? Night Elf Quest giver of the same name at Cenarion Refuge in Zangarmarsh.
2: Who was the first soquili Sen'jin officially met that was not part of the family? Jirani
3: In Azeroth, Sen'jin was a famous hero, what did he do? He was the leader of the Darkspears (and Vol'jin's father) and was responsible for the tribe being allied to the orcs. He was killed by murlocs while trying to help Thrall.
4: Who were the first true enemies of the Gurubashi and Amani? The Azj'Aqir Empire.
5: What is the difference between a Huldra and a Troll? The huldra is a stunningly beautiful, sometimes naked woman with long hair; though from behind she is hollow like an old tree trunk, and has an animal's tail. In Norway, she has a cow's tail, and in Sweden she may have that of a cow or a fox. Further in the north of Sweden, the tail can be entirely omitted in favor of her hollow or bark-covered back. Trolls were generally larger and more brutish, though there are human-like trolls called Vitterfolk that were smaller and more like faeryfolk.
6: In WoW what are the Zandalari? The Zandalari were the earliest known trolls, the first tribe from which all tribes originated.
7: Who did Malis teach how to fly? Ezriel (choosing flight over fight)
8: Describe the difference between a druid and a shaman. Both are nature-based, but druids are more closely tied to nature, being able to assume animal forms and call plants to their aid while shaman are more in tune with the spirits, using totems and the elements to fight or heal. Druids can not wear anything other than leather, shaman can eventually learn to wear mail.
9: Why doe Malis not like her eldest daughter's mate? He's a kelpi and their children did not have troll traits.
10: What tastes like Candifloss? Beats me.
11: Faire Malis is a Vitterfolk troll, what is special about her hair? She has one single lock that no human can comb.
12: Sen'jin learned this game from his mother but what the heck is 'Hoof-it'? I'm going to guess it's the game where they kick the stone at targets.

I'm unable to answer the bonus questions due to not having access to WoW at this time.

RP Prompt

Prompt 1: Give me a short character description of the foal. How does he/she react around others? Are they proud to be in one of the best family lines around? Are they helpful and supportive to others, do they feel the healers soul within them? Are they aggressive and fierce, travelers at heart? How does he feel about his grandmother, his uncles and aunts, nieces and nephiews?

(For this purpose, I'll have Jin be a mare.)

Jin'thavori tilted her head, watching the herd. She was aware that, at least in her mind, they were a rather important family around these parts and that was something to be proud of. She'd grown up with the stories of her grandmother coming from the southern countries to live among the Kawani and bring a new kind of spirit-talking to them. She also knew that her family was special in their both physical traits and beliefs, that they could be fierce warriors at the same time as holy shamans.

It was much to live up to in the family, but Jin did alright, or at least she hoped. She'd heard that being strong was prized in the herd and so she'd learned to fight, asking her father to teach her to be fierce and protective like himself. On lazy days, she liked to lie at her grandmother's hooves and listen to her stories and lessons, learning to talk with the spirits and to have pride in her family's ways.

There were a lot of Soquili in her family: uncles, aunts, cousins, parents, grandparents, and some extended families Jin had yet to meet. One could get lost amongst the large herd, so the mare had began looknig for ways to stand out and be noticed. She found a liking for the shamanistic ways, but she wanted to learn other ways of communicating with the spirits around her. She'd taken lessons from the northern Soquili that were rumored to know about the spirits and learned that their ways were different than her family's, but still the same, too. Hoping to not only better her understanding of shamanism, but to be unique in her family, Jin studied the Kawani version of shamanism and tried blending it with the traditions of her herd... sometimes with disappointing results, other times with interesting results. Not sure how her family would react, Jin decided to keep these lessons a secret for now.

Tilting her head back the other way, the mare sighed, watching her sibling trot along after their father. Perhaps being a great shaman could wait for now. Starting forward, she decided to join in on her sibling's lessons of protection. What good would traditions be without being able to defend what you believed in?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:40 am
Edited to add in form/RP response for second basket.

For The Horde

Name: Lita Rutherford
Soquili name: Ejin'jin (I made it up. o.o;; hope thats ok)
How many Soquili do you have now? 15 (counting 3 co-owns which all have various levels of ownership)

Glow Heart, Antirr, Rifera, Forest, Squeeks, Alon, Kissy,'Enakai, Mian, Crea Tion, Mr. Wookie, Bacon, Ziva, Nalani, and 1 basket on the way.

Why would you like one of the troll family? The whole family is perhaps one of the most unique and beautiful I have ever seen, both in physical appearance and in general concept. Least I think its pretty unique. I don't have a huge knowledge base for trolls or WoW things but I've become vary interested in WoW since the event and anything even remotely mythical catches my interest and I love learning more and more. So while I don't know much at this moment, I'm sure soon enough I'll know as much as I possibly can! So yeah, they are a beautiful family, and I would love to learn more about the diffrent things that make them unique.
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it? Eznit, donno what that is but that sounds like a good name.
Do you play WoW? No money, but when I can afford it, and have a computer that can store it, I plan on having a Tauren Hunter or Druid as my main. I love me some Tauren. Oh and For the Horde! hehe
In a short sentence give me an idea of this foal's personality: He/She would be vary attached and interested in the ways of his/her father and grandmother, inheriting the seriousness Sen'jin holds towards his heritage.
Any ideas for helping the plot along? I could see Ejin'jin, while in the curiousness of foal-hood, approaching Malis, questioning her about the rest of the family and herd in an attempt to try and be like her. Perhaps this could help Malis soften further, teaching her ways of thinking to an eager child of her favorite son and making her think about her extended family. Ejin'jin could also show some dislike, once more while still a foal, to those who are not troll like and lack traits he/she admires in his/her father and grandmother. This could, perhaps, give Malis a sort of "seeing herself in someone else" experience and maybe spur her to start a journey to find and bring back Zandali.
Do you like RPing? Yes, a lot. I can be slow to, so I don't mind slow at all! But I'm always up for an RP.
If you plan on breeding at a later date will you mind having Malis be a factor? I'd love it if Malis matched her/him up in the future, and it would also work well with the foal's personality.

----------------------------

Second Basket: See bottom of post for RP response.

For The Horde

Name: Lita Rutherford
Soquili name: Juju'fon for a colt. Ju'fon for a filly.

I actually have an idea that maybe one of the other members of the family could give them their official name, unless you think their name is something Zandali would give her child. But I think it might be a cool little tie in if the little outcast foal was named in a less then desirable situation and that it might add to the foals personality and relation with the family.

How many Soquili do you have now? 15 (counting 3 co-owns which all have various levels of ownership)

Glow Heart, Antirr, Rifera, Forest, Squeeks, Alon, Kissy,'Enakai, Mian, Crea Tion, Mr. Wookie, Bacon, Ziva, Nalani, and 1 basket on the way.
Why would you like one of -this- branch of the troll family? I enjoy family drama and being involved in it. And I would love to have the chance to own/play such a troubled member of the troll line. I see so many possibilities for him/her, its just amazing. With its mother being who she is and its father being mean looking Kalona, why, who could resist the family drama that creates!
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it? hmm lets say Nipperfiz for this one.
Do you play WoW? No money, but when I can afford it, and have a computer that can store it, I plan on having a Tauren Hunter or Druid as my main. I love me some Tauren. Oh and For the Horde! hehe
In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality: For a Colt: Strong minded and quick tempered, he would ultimately be insecure about his heritage and would fight desperately to find a place in his mother's family. For a Filly: She would be curious, but detached from the troll line, spending her time learning and observing them but never wishing to be a part of them.
Any ideas for helping the plot along? If its a colt I'd love to see him search for acceptance among other members of the troll family, traveling as needed to find the most far spread members. For a filly I'd like to see her stick close to the main troll line at first but spread out and seek to learn more from the others. I'd like her to get tangled up in one of the other's plots, either helping or hindering them with her curiosity and sometimes cold detachment. She could wiggle her way into multiple troll members plots as well, instead of just one.
Do you like RPing? For this one I'd be even more interested in RP! Its got a lot of family problems behind it and being so diffrent in just its coloration, I'd be itching to RP with whichever troll family members wished to RP with.

-------------------------------------------------

1: Where does Ysiel get her name from? A nightelf? : D? Ysiel Windsinger I believe.
3: In Azeroth, Sen'jin was a famous hero, what did he do? He was the leader of the Darkspear Tribe who foresaw the orc Thrall's arrival and victory over the humans. He died after murlocs captured him, Thrall, as well as other orcs and trolls.
4: Who were the first true enemies of the Gurubashi and Amani? the civilization of Azj'Aqir
5: What is the difference between a Huldra and a Troll? Huldra's are typically seen as beautiful women with either a cow tail, fox tail, hallow back or bark covered back. Other then that they resemble humans entirely. They are not always evil or mean and can be vary kind if treated politely. Trolls on the other hand are the Nordic giants, ranging in look from the more human to the more scary. Some trolls can also shape-shift while Huldra's cannot. Smaller trolls are typically believed to live in human like settlements. Larger ones are believed to be solitary.
6: In WoW what are the Zandalari? The earliest known trolls and the first tribe of trolls.
7: Who did Malis teach how to fly? I'm taking a wild guess and saying Zayn.
8: Describe the difference between a druid and a shaman. Shaman's use totems for various reasons. Druids can shape-shift. Both are vary versatile and can take vary diffrent roles in a group.
9: Why doe Malis not like her eldest daughter's mate? He is diffrent (a Kelpi) and caused her grandchildren to not have troll traits. She also doesn't like water things.
10: What tastes like Candifloss? Ok this totally got me. x.x I have no idea. Flowers maybe? I looked through every RP in your teepee but no clue. ^^;;;
11: Faire Malis is a Vitterfolk troll, what is special about her hair? As with most vitterfolk trolls there is a lock which cannot be combed by humans.
12: Sen'jin learned this game from his mother but what the heck is 'Hoof-it'? Hoof-it is a game where you take a round rock and you try to kick it between two objects, such as larger rocks or bushes! And sounds super fun!

----------------------------------------

RP Response Basket 1 - Reply to Prompt 2 - Sen'jin has gone on his rounds to make sure the borders of the WillowGlen territories are still safe. While he is gone, Ysiel has been called away to help out Immi with a small project. You have been left under the watchful eye of your grandmother who feels it's high time you learn about the spirits. While your sibling is more interested in exploring, what is your reaction, do you stay with Malis and try to learn about your heritage or wander off to look for your father and help him with guarding the herd?

Assuming a Male for this reply

Quietly the blue and purple colt watched his mother hurry off to the aid of that mare Immi. His little heart hurt a bit as he saw his mother hurry off. He had hoped today they would spend time playing. But there was work to be done. Father was off, making his rounds as usual. And now Mother was missing from his general surroundings. His eyes turned to the other foal, his beloved sibling, before they traveled to the, to be honest a bit frightening, mare that loomed over them. Grandmother. She was saying something... Learning of their heritage! The colt's heart jumped, racing along at top speed suddenly at the pure joy this news brought. He turned his head to share his excitement with the other and found where his sibling had been moments before, they were no longer. In fact, as he scanned the area, a bit of tail disappeared behind the treeline. Father had gone that way earlier. Ejin'jin let out a little snort and shook his head. Honestly who would want to miss out on this! He didn't understand that wandering, adventure prone mind of his sibling. A noise and he remembered that his dear grandmother was still there, and she did not look to pleased to be honest. "My apologies, grandmother." He bowed his head. "I din't mean ta daze." He smiled up at her. As she began to walk away he followed dutifully, listening as she spoke, nodding once in a while to her words. He just wanted to skip and dance and run as he listened to her. While he knew little, what he did know had caused his ever waking moment to be filled with the desire to follow his grandmother's footsteps. To be great like her was his greatest wish.

And so, as Malis spoke to him, telling him of the spirits, of his heritage, he listened intently. Not once did he tune out. Not once did his eyes wander from the troll mare in front of him. Not once did he even wonder where his sibling had gone or what his parents were doing now. The mare in front of him was his world and her words his music.

By the time his parents returned that night, and his sibling had re-appeared, his head was a-buzz with his grandmother's lesson. As they settled in to sleep he mumbled parts of what she had told him, trying as hard as he could to let not a word slip from his memory.

-------------------------------------------

RP prompt, Basket 2: Malis hates you, from the instant she sees you she will be filled with a distaste as you are the child of the one who caused her so much grief. How do you handle this? While Zandali may not have told you what happened, what she over heard during Tai and Malis' fight you have picked up that this journey home is something important. Describe your reactions/thoughts/feelings.

Assuming Female for this

She knew that look. The small filly new that look and yet she had never seen it before. She would have that look memorized, forever burned into her brain. Burned into her eyes. Burned into her heart. And yet... Ju'fon did not care. Her heart did not ache. Her mind did not plan. Her eyes did not leak. She watched as this larger mare stared at her with pure distaste and simply stared back. Ju'fon had been practicing the whole way home to keep herself from crying at the first mean thing said to her. And while this mare had not spoken to her directly, yet, it was plain to see when she did it would not be kind. The trip back to this place she had learned things. From her mother's actions and words she knew this was not going to be a wonderful place they would live happily ever after like a bedtime tale. This was going to be a tough place. Something had happened, a long time ago. Something big. Something bad, she assumed. And that had terrified her at first. But she had practiced and practiced and now, as her eyes watched the blue mare and glare at her, she felt no sadness or fear. But Ju'fon was curious. Vary curious. And then her mind was made up. She bowed her head in acknowledgment and backed away from the mare, and her mother. She spoke softly. "Mother I'd like to find a place to rest." Her voice was sweet and innocent, like any foals voice. And Ju'fon turned, moving away from the hateful eyes of that mare. But she was not running. No, she would return. As she trotted to a tree some distance away, she held her head high. This was the begining. She would find out what had happened so long ago. And you could bet your tusks that she would not be rejected so easily. She stopped to lay down and turned her head to watch the distant mares.

"Great grandmother. You dislike me so. I can see it in your eyes. In your silent words. But I am here, Great grandmother. And you will not rid yourself of this one. I'm still here, and I'll be waiting."

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:25 am
For The Horde

Name: Kaliskanny
Soquili name: Zufli ("baby witch", corruption of the voodoo master prefix, "zul". It is a derogatory term for female witch doctors, but some females have taken on the title as a mark of pride.)
How many Soquili do you have now? I'm almost ashamed to admit...but I have 13 (five of them are co-owned). Icarus, Tooki, Jame, DeathWitch, ScullCat, Mr. Cadaver, Maggot, Architeuthis, Jem, Rainbow Star, Alda, Zenstar, and Swamp Eye Jarl.
Why would you like one of the troll family? I have Tooki (and Icarus if he counts.) I would love to be more involved in the troll family, in various plots that do not concern Tooki.
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it? Dinner (i wouldn't eat it...i just like names like that.)
Do you play WoW? Zenstar on Runtotem, i forget the level. My accoutn has lapsed and my video card keeps crashing my game. (in other words, can't play at the moment)
In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality: Growing up and following in grandma's footsteps to be a shaman.
Any ideas for helping the plot along? I'm not sure how much help I'd be...but I would like to have Zufli be a part of the plots, or be there for them. (As well as Tooki too.)
Do you like RPing? Yes, when I have the chance. I'm a slow rp'er too.
If you plan on breeding at a later date will you mind having Malis be a factor? I would love to have Malis involved. I am still amused about her as far as Icarus and Tai'jin.

Questions of Doom:
1: Where does Ysiel get her name from? Ysiel Windsinger is a level 68 quest giver located at Cenarion Refuge in the contested territory of Zangarmarsh. She is located on the back porch of the inn, at approximately. Ysiel is the leader of the Cenarion Expedition.
2: Who was the first soquili Sen'jin officially met that was not part of the family? Jirani in the rp 'Secret Meetings'
3: In Azeroth, Sen'jin was a famous hero, what did he do? He was the leader of the Darkspear trolls and a witch-doctor. When humans came and drovethe trolls further inland, he had a dream-vision that young orc would come to drive away the humans. His vision came true when thrall arrived. Shortly after the humans were driven away, the murlocs came kidnapped Sen'jin's trolls, Sen'jin himself, and Thrall and his people. While Thrall was escaping and battling his way to were the murloc high sorcerer had Sen'jin captive, the murloc attacked the witch doctor. They defeated the murlocs, but Sen'jin was dying. With his last breath, he told thrall to take his people from the islands and save them.
4: Who were the first true enemies of the Gurubashi and Amani? Each other, for they warred with each other and had little love between them.
5: What is the difference between a Huldra and a Troll? Huldra are a Scandinavian (or Norwegian) folklore. Often female, they are seductive forest creatures described as being uncannily beautiful. Trolls were in Nordic myths as well as English myths. Appearances ranged from 'ogre-ish' and ugly to human-like with hidden tails. They could be quite frightening.
6: In WoW what are the Zandalari? A tribe of trolls that live on Yojamba Isle. They spend most of their time researching ancient knowledge and magic, and oppose Hakkar.
7: Who did Malis teach how to fly? Ezriel in the rp 'Making A Great Escape Elsewhere'
8: Describe the difference between a druid and a shaman. Druids are keepers of nature. They can shape-shift, and use totems. They usually battle foes with natural magics, though they can take on shapes of animals to do harsh physical damage. Shamans are healers and visionaries. They communicate with spirits and guide their people. They may seem wise and serene at first, but they are fierce foes when they need to be.
9: Why doe Malis not like her eldest daughter's mate? Oh, I know this one! Cause Malis disapproved of Icarus being a kelpi, because Malis hates swimming and all things to do with water.
10: What tastes like Candifloss? I dunno why, but I want to say fairy wings.
11: Faire Malis is a Vitterfolk troll, what is special about her hair? Vitterfolk trolls have a single lock of hair that no human could comb, whereas the rest was generally messy.
12: Sen'jin learned this game from his mother but what the heck is 'Hoof-it'? It's either the game where you kick a round rock between two objects (to practice hunting skills) or a game of tag. (It sounds like a game where you would run.)

Bonus: Hop on Sentinels and find Malis... tell me what guild she belongs to. Or as a second bonus, hop on SilverHand and track down Peikko or Crystaea and get them to say 'Hi!' (make sure you let me know who you are) I wish I could, but alas my computer doesn't let me on WoW anymore. I have gone and hung out with you though before.

And a little bit of RP...
[Prompt 2: Sen'jin has gone on his rounds to make sure the borders of the WillowGlen territories are still safe. While he is gone, Ysiel has been called away to help out Immi with a small project. You have been left under the watchful eye of your grandmother who feels it's high time you learn about the spirits. While your sibling is more interested in exploring, what is your reaction, do you stay with Malis and try to learn about your heritage or wander off to look for your father and help him with guarding the herd? ] (writing it as a female, and including Malis...hope it's okay.)

Zufli was a little upset about being left with her grandmother while her parents were busy. She really wanted to go explore with her sibling, but something had caught her interests. Malis was talking to the spirits. It seemed almost like an argument...was grandmother crazy?

Zufli tilted her head, then looked around to try and see who Malis might be talking to. Apparently something was causing the cooking fire to sway it's smoke into her grandmother's face, and she was quite angry with it. The foal couldn't see anything....but she wanted to.

When the older mare was done yelling at...whatever it was...and the smoke was behaving, the filly stood. she walked over to Malis and looked up at her. "Grandma....can you teach me to yell at spirits too?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For The Horde

Name: Kaliskanny
Soquili name: Atal'fon (devoted loner in zandali)
How many Soquili do you have now? 13 still, already listed....and one on the way. sweatdrop
Why would you like one of -this- branch of the troll family? I actually think it might be interesting to see how Tooki might react to raising his niece or nephew. Would it have to prompt him to stay around the Willowglen more, or would he take the foal with him as he wandered?
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it? I'd still call it Dinner...unless this was a new one. Then maybe Lunch. (Still bad sense of humor...sorry.)
Do you play WoW? Yes. I play Zenstar on Runetotem...still can't get on WoW though.
In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality: A loner, somewhat timid. Outwardly s/he comes off as gruff, due to not being accepted by the others. S/he wants to belong though, and prove herself an asset to the Willowglen.
Any ideas for helping the plot along? Tooki will have to return when his sister does, to see the new little ones. Icarus might even manage to make it to the Willowglen, via the river, to see them as well. If (by some outstanding luck) I win the basket, Tooki will end up surrogate to it, to help out his sister and family.
Do you like RPing? YES! Even though I'm slow at times...

RP prompt: Malis hates you, from the instant she sees you she will be filled with a distaste as you are the child of the one who caused her so much grief. How do you handle this? While Zandali may not have told you what happened, what she over heard during Tai and Malis' fight you have picked up that this journey home is something important. Describe your reactions/thoughts/feelings.

Atal'fon looked at her great-grandmother, ears laid back and tears in her eyes. She didn't understand why? Why was she hated? He mother loved her, so did her father. Why was this mare who was in charge so angry? Did it mean she'd have to leave? Couldn't be with her family?

She scrunched up her face, determined not to cry in front of Malis. Instead she turned and walked a ways into the trees that surrounded the glen. She leaned her head against one, sniffling.

Tooki came plodding down the path. It was a long walk home, but his sister was back...so he'd heard. He was walking like someone who needed sleep, and dreaming as well. There was a little gray filly ahead, leaning against a tree. "Are...you lost?"

Atal'fon turned, shocked that someone was approaching. She tried a growl, baring her slightly sharpened teeth. "Go away! You're not allowed here!"

The stallion arched a brow, "Uhh...when did I get forbidden to come home?"

The foal drooped, losing all her ferocity. "Home? You live here? My mommy and daddy just brought me and my sibling here. She said we were coming home....but her grandmother hates us. She won't even look at me...."

"Oh...well...she does that. Best not to mind her, I don't," Tooki shrugged, walking over to the foal...who he guessed was his niece. He tilted one way, then the other. "I see nothing wrong with you. I think you're going to make a good protector here..."

"Really? How can I if no one will let me?" Atal'fon sniffled, looking back at the glen. Why'd she have to be so different from her sibling? Why couldn't she have been blue too?

"Yeah...and if you can't stay here because Grandmother is being her cranky self, then you can come stay with me. If your mother is okay with it. I travel a lot, and I could use a fierce protector," Tooki mused, watching her with a smile.

The foal beamed, forgetting the tears on her cheeks. "Oh! Can we go ask Mommy right now?"

She didn't wait for an answer, running back to Zandali's side to ask about staying with her uncle.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:15 am
For The Horde

Name: Azael_Rose
Soquili name: Luk'tar ((I was extremely tired and realized I had made a mistake with the foal's name. Luk'tar is a twist on the orcish word for 'victory'))
How many Soquili do you have now? 2.5; Teepee
Why would you like one of the troll family? Firstly, it's WoW related and lately I've been finding myself more and more interested with anything WoW... Secondly I love the idea that the foal will be raised in a herd which I've been wanting to do for a while now but none of my soq's characters fit. Oh and lastly, because having a new character to develop and rp is always fun! :3
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it? Not sure what a Bokbok is, but I'd probably name it Bokbok because I love cliches.
Do you play WoW? I'd just started a few months back then my compy died. But in a few weeks I'll be playing again...and hopefully won't be too much of a newb XD;;
In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality: Luk'tar is eager to learn as much about their horde heritage. They're proud of who they are and where they come from, and that's clear to everyone.
Any ideas for helping the plot along? I can see Luk'tar becoming great friends with Zandali, and would help wherever they could at reuniting her with Malis.

As for Solemn...Luk is terrified of him and would do their best to stay out of his way - which might help in some plottings.

Not quite sure about Rynn...Luk'tar would be helpful... (It's too late for me to be up so my mind isn't really working, but I'm flexible and open to just about any plottings.)
Do you like RPing? Most definitely! And I'm a slow rper too... X3;
If you plan on breeding at a later date will you mind having Malis be a factor? No I don't mind. Luk might mind a bit but they'll end up listening to her anyways.

---

1: Where does Ysiel get her name from? From Ysiel Windsinger, quest giver in WoW
3: In Azeroth, Sen'jin was a famous hero, what did he do? Sacrificed himself for the safety of his tribe.
4: Who were the first true enemies of the Gurubashi and Amani? Azj'Aqir?
5: What is the difference between a Huldra and a Troll? Huldra's appear more human-like.
6: In WoW what are the Zandalari? Priest caste for Azeroth's trolls
7: Who did Malis teach how to fly? Taking a guess; Ysiel or Rynn?
8: Describe the difference between a druid and a shaman. Druids are able to shape-shift
9: Why doe Malis not like her eldest daughter's mate? Because he's a kelpie and not horde
10: What tastes like Candifloss? Fairy wings! ;D
11: Faire Malis is a Vitterfolk troll, what is special about her hair? She believes that it helps her communicate with the spirits
12: Sen'jin learned this game from his mother but what the heck is 'Hoof-it'? A game of kicking rocks

---

(For the prompt, rping as female)

Luk'tar smiled into the gentle rays of the sun as they sifted through the willow trees. The shadows played over her body. A breeze shifted through and the small foal could swear she heard the tiniest whispers. She often wished to communicate with the spirits like her grandmother, Malis did. Luk was proud of her family and their heritage, it was something that she thought of every waking moment of the day. The youngster desperately wanted to aspire to the level of her elders.

Generally she spent the day studying from whomever she could, always trying to do her best for the herd. One never had to ask help from her, for she would already have offered it. It was just the way she was. Though today was a bit different, Luk felt the need to move and venture off. Traveling through the territory, exploring the land, was her slice of alone time and she needed it this day.

Luk'tar had been so swept up in helping her family's problems that she forgot to leave a little time aside for her. It was draining but she wasn't about to change. To her it was a small price for such a large reward - helping others helped her. Besides there were her solitary trips whenever she needed. All was well for this foal, and with that she trotted off on such an adventure.

---------------------------

For the 2nd Basket:

For The Horde

Name: Azael_Rose
Soquili name: Durotar (I would think it would be something trollish because why would she stay for a whole year just to go against traditions... ;D)
How many Soquili do you have now? See above, it hasn't changed. X3
Why would you like one of -this- branch of the troll family? Because I would like to be part of any branch of the troll family. Because of this contest I've been really hooked into the troll culture, I really want to make a troll character now! You've created an amazing family and herd with unique back stories and it would be wonderful to be a part of that. :3
If you had a Bokbok, what would you call it? BokBok
Do you play WoW? (playing trial at the moment) lv4 Kiyaz Troll Hunter on Auchindoun
In a short sentance give me an idea of this foal's personality: Extremely hesitant, he/she isn't sure where they stand in life or in their herd. They are very timid right now but eventually will grow into their own.
Any ideas for helping the plot along? Durotar wants desperately to be a part of the family and have his/her mother accepted by Malis. Duro would end up doing something foolish that gets on Malis' bad side, or so he/she thinks! Durotar would then flee and hide hoping that with their self banishment that Zandali would at least be accepted. But Malis has mellowed and quickly gets over it. Once Zandali and Malis learn of what Durotar did, the two will have to come together and find the young foal. (Just an idea of course. ;3)
Do you like RPing? Absolutely love it! Love to plot too!

(Rped as male)

The small colt quivered in fear as the much larger troll soquili glared down at him. He looked to his mother for help but her eyes were locked on the one called Malis, his great grandmother. No words passed between them but Durotar remembered the snid-bits he'd caught from his mother. This was a family problem. Though he never was a part of this family, the fatc they were blood-related was enough. Duro wanted to be a part of this family. Wasn't it suppose to be this way, he would often think to himself.

Durotar was afraid to look away from Malis. He was afraid if he did, she would think him weak and unworthy of being a part of the herd. He stood his ground even while his legs quaked and threatened to collapse. His voice came out raspy and strained as he did his best to raise it just to be heard. "...Isn't ii..it enough that we... came back? Mama's taught me a lot..."

The poor young foal couldn't think of anything to impress the troll soq. Well the only thing he could remember was the game hoof-it... He scanned the ground for a rock or even a pebble. He found a small berry-sized rock and he looked up at the two adults. Durotar smiled in relief that he could show them something. "She even taught me hoof-it!"

His legs still felt like rubber but he managed to get that little pebble positioned just right in the curve of his hoof. Duro kicked with all his might, aiming for between his mother Zandali and Malis. The pebble went skywards and bounced right off of his great grandmother's forehead. His face paled in horrow at what he had just done. Before Malis could speak or move, Durotar turned off behind him and ran. He ran until he was at the edge of the WillowGlen's territory.

The colt knelt and hid in some thicket, unsure of his next move. "I am such a screw-up..." he whispered to himself.

Azael_Rose

Crew

Festive Hunter

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out