[FIN] What's In Your Future? (Oseye x Kameo) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:22 am
.this is an AIM log between Syrius' Kameo and my Oseye. . . .

The black and white lioness stretched as the morning began to give away to early-afternoon heat. The sun was slowly making its rise to its zenith though it was only after such a display that the worst of the summertime heat would be upon them. It was days like this the lioness yearned to be near the coast of the ocean or at least nestled within the foothills and mountains of Africa. Unfortunately, her journey's had lead her to the savanna during the beginning of the dry season. . . Heat was something everyone would have to suffer.

Shrugging such negativity aside, the brown eyed female picked her way through the dying and dried grasses. Her tail flicked back and forth, jingling as she went. A few shakers had been attached to her front paws and tail, allowing her to make music even as she walked. Brown eyes looked up as a hawk suddenly crossed her path high over head. . . . Hmmm. Interesting. So the spirits thought to warn her of change . . . the question was would it happen soon or later?

Perhaps she'd dig up some runes and see. . . or at least do a few readings on her own fate and fortune. For now though, she'd take it to be alert and see what the spirits might toss her way.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:47 am
He was quite large for a jackal, or at least he could be described as stocky, fit and healthy. he'd never gone a day in his life as a hungry dog and because of that his carefree nature would sometimes take him wandering from one side of the savannah to the other. Of course, he never strayed too far, he moved with his odd family and they used their differences to make hinting and gathering easier for them selves.

Kameo pauses mid step as he spots a strange lioness. Well not strange, she was just a stranger, someone unknown to him but she seemed strange as well almost lost in her own little world.

"Uh, hi." He states wagging his tail but keeping his distance, not all lions were friendly to jackals, he had to be cautious sometimes.

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:48 am
A voice piped up from the savanna and Oseye found herself shaken from her curious thoughts. Her brown gaze quickly fell on the source, a white creature, and a species that was far from feline. A jackel! Quickly a warm and good-humored smile crossed her features as she took a fast moment to study him - it was definitely a male, large though (or at least larger than some she'd crossed in her journey's) and he didn't seem particularly territorial or aggressive. At least not with his greeting.

"Salutations and good fortune, stranger," she greeted softly back, voice light. Her tail gave a little flick, another jingle, as she smiled. Was this perhaps the change she was suposed to meet? Perhaps. Either way, the spirits wished her to cross his path. "I do hope I haven't trespassed on to taken pack lands," she added thoughtfully. While some lions would only be aware of territory of other lions, Oseye did try to keep other species homes in mind while she roamed.

Kameo's would be no exception.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:49 am
Kameo wagged his tail and smiled quietly, he observed the lioness for another moment before trotting closer "Couldn't tell you if you're trespassing or not." he grins sheepishly, not that he didn't care if he was trespassing, it was more that he didn't take much notice, usually a jackal could pad through many lands and not get bothered. "I don't live around here I travel about with my family." he nods and sits his tail wagging in the dust his chocolate brown eyes looking the lioness over curiously.

Glavu had told him more than once that curiosity killed the cat and well, he always reminded her he was a dog. Then she usually got huffy. He shrugged away the thought and gave a sort of half bow to the friendly lioness. "Kameo, at your service ma'am,not that i reason I could be of much service to a lioness." He chuckles. He was a fairly good hunter but he couldn't bring down anything big enough to service a lion. Still, he knew it sounded chivalrous if he said things like that so he usually said them any way.

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:51 am
Oseye was surprised at the chivalrous nature and behaviour of the jackel before her. It wasn't that she was surprised that he could be so thoughtful, it was just that chivalry was rather a rarity in her life. She wasn't the most feminine of creatures, much more of a tomboy really. Oh, she knew how to dance and sing and certianly possessed qualities and traits that would peg her of the fairer gender. . . but when it came to swooning over men or gossip it was rare. Rarer still was finding someone who tried thei chivalry on her~!

Still, it amused her and she certainly wouldn't begrudge the white jackel such a thing. "What a surprise to find some still harbor good manners and etiquette out in the wild," she complimented, offering the male a bow all her own. Brown eyes looked up and she added, "I'm Oseye, and it's a pleasure to meet you. Though I must argue that you could INDEED be of service to a lion! Size is purely irrelevent." And for that she believed entirely! The sun, for how small it was, provided great warmth to the world. A puddle, left over from rains, could quench the thirst of many beasts before it dried. . .

"But just as your offer service, I must say I can offer mine to you as well."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:59 am
The pale dog chuckles quietly "I think my family would agree with you but we work much better as a group than alone. Are you alone? It's sad to see a maiden on her own in the world. I'l do what i can to help you." he smiles, he was always the hero, truly putting others before himself more so if they definitely needed him.

he felt quite sorry for the lioness before him, imagine being alone out here? It was bad enough being in a small family unit. Of course she would probably find it highly amusing if she realised that his family wasn't jackals. A lion, a jackal a servile and a rattle could hardly be called family, but that was what they were. "It was the way I was brought up ma'am, don't say nothing' if you can't say something' nice or offer assistance." he chuckles, it was what his father always used to say to him as a pup.

"We've been in the area for a few days theres a good rabbit warren about a mile to the east and a good few warthogs to the north. theres a waterhole just a touch that way, great for the antelope and zebra and haven't seen a toothy water creature yet so it's safe enough o drink from." he nods.

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 am
Oseye was greatly amused and entertained by this meeting. She'd never met one who was so open before! Usually it was she who offered aid and assistance, not the other way around. But to each their own, the well travelled female was pleased to find a reversal of roles. "Well then you had a very wise mentor to instill such ideals. . . There are far too many who are quick to attack and harm than assist. Truly you are a good white knight," she added with a radiant smile.

"As for being alone, I must beg you not to feel such things. While I may be alone at this junction in time, I often find new companions and new groups to visit. I'm a gypsy, you see, as well as a fortune teller and paw reader. A jack of all trades, if you would, and it often isn't I stay alone for long. Like now. I'm able to meet a new and very friendly face, one I might not have met had I lingered in the companionship of another." Or such was her logic. While some maiden's might weep to be lost with no one but their shadow, Oseye was not such a species.
To be alone merely came with the territory.

"I appreciate the knowledge and news," she added with a wink. "Though I was always raised with the belief and knowledge that a good day shouldn't go unrewarded. Is there anything I might be able to aid you with? A fortune told? A spirit spoken to. . ? A future read, a song sung, a story spoken?" Then again, perhaps she'd just wait and be in debted to the jackel. . .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:31 am
The white dog shakes his head, he felt very flattered by her words, a knight? Hardly, he just had to help people that was his nature after all. "You don't need to repay me. It's my job to help others. Though if you like you can come with me for a ways, I'm just out for a little wander before I return to my family. I love them to bits but sometimes I just need an afternoon off." he smiles gently his tongue lolling for a moment.

"I didn't man to feel sorry for you ma'am, I just can't spend more than an afternoon on my own." He chuckles shaking his pale head, laughter lines appearing around his eyes and a shimmer dancing in his deep chocolate brown eyes.

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:33 am
Oseye knew she'd have to repay the jackel for something. She was a superstitious sort and knew the spirits would be after her with bad karma if she didn't. Of course, they also might call her back someday to repay the debt days, weeks, months, even years down the road. . . . but she'd rather do it now than have it haunt her path later.
If a spot of companionship was what the knightly jackel wished, than so be it. Nodding, Oseye gave herself a stretch before grinning. "I shall happily accompany you then. . . A spot of companionship is good for all souls, even a gypsy such as myself." She'd let Kameo lead, seeing as she had no place in particular to be and he might.

"Ah . . families. I had one, back when I was younger. And while they were good to me and I could even say I loved them, there were days I wanted nothing more than to get away. I can appreciate needing some time away. . " Though it sounded like Kameo would always return to his family. Unlike Oseye, who cut ties and didn't ever look back. "If you don't mind my curiosity, is it a large family you hail from? Are they all as well mannered as you?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:48 am
The pale dog smiles and nods his head towards the direction he had been headed, his tail wagging as he walked along, his chocolate brown eyes keeping an eye on his path though he looked back at the lioness and nods. "Well theres four of us all together." He chuckles a bit "Of course my family is a bit strange." He looks thoughtful for a moment, staying quiet as he takes a few steps more.

"My family, well Glavu is very catty, but what do you expect from a servile really?" he chuckles shaking his wide eared head "And Kifaru is a bit crazy, but it's only because he want's to help all the time, he just doesn't realise that when you're a Ratel you can't just go running in with your paws blazing." He shakes his head "Course I don't know many lions who would fight a Ratel and Immunda, she's the sweetest lioness you'll ever know." He chuckles "We're not a traditional family, but we're family none the less."

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:49 am
Oseye walked with the jackel, listening to the tale he wove and the brief pictures he painted of his family. She was surprised at the different characters in his life. . . a lioness, a ratel, a jackel and a servile. Given, she often had seen troupes of cheetahs or leopards or even a good mix of both all living harmoniously together. . . but such a family as Kameo's? Now that was indeed something unique.

Chuckling lightly, Oseye gave a nod in agreement to his last statement. "Family can come in all sorts of different shapes and colours. Blood doesn't mean much of anything, really. . . There are siblings that rival or learn to hate with as much ferocity as warring strangers! And, as in your case, there are different species who can love with as great at heart as the gods. It is good to hear you're in such fond company . . . I truly do wish every happiness on you and your family."

Part of Oseye wondered, ever so briefly, how her own mother and troupe of gypsy's faired. She wasn't inclined to visit them or even see how they were doing but . . . she wondered sometimes if her mother or siblings even noticed she was away. Her mother had been a good soul, but her priorities had not been with her children. Close bonds weren't something Oseye was familiar with.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:01 pm
Kameo chuckles lightly, his chocolate brown eyes settling on the lioness. "If you wish you can come back with me. We sometimes have someone travel with us for a while. It's an odd lifestyle most seem to think any way. It's a good lifestyle. Not everything is blood after all. Immunda wasn't raised by her mother and Glavu was alone for too long until we joined forces so to speak." He laughs quietly remembering those times gone by.

"You're welcome to join us if you want to. Immunda may find it nice to have another lion around for a while. We sometimes meet other lions and it's always nice for her, she is very young and though we help to look after her sometimes you need your own species." He smiles wagging is tail.

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:03 pm
Oseye chuckeled lightly at the jackel's offer. Part of her wished to take him up on it, if only to settle for an evening or two, to meet others and to share stories. She could entertain them with her talants and they could teach her of their lifestylea and family. In fact, it would be rather fun and might actually relieve some of the solitude she had been feeling recently.

Then again, she also knew her paws were itching to travel, to continue on and move away from these lands. She was still close to the Nchi'mahadhi, or atl east she felt as if she were, and she just didn't want to risk Vieras finding her. Not after she'd up and left, parted ways so suddenly. Strange that she couldn't shake it . . the guilt. . the disappointment she felt in herself.
He'd been a good friend and yet. . . well. . it didn't matter now. Things had gotten out of hand and she would never settle.
"I suppose I could do with a short visit before I continue on my way. . . I'm not in much of a rush so a detour would be no issue." Besides, finding new companions would mean she wouldn't think back on those she had left behind.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:45 pm
"Great!" The white dog smiles turning a little. "You're welcome to stay with us as long as you like. We're just travelling along. Immunda has been talking about joining a pride but at the moment, we're just finding our own way around the world." he chuckles. like the world would just be explored by them was simply hilarious really.

"It'll be nice to have another friend." He smiles leading the way back in the direction he had come now. "Maybe we can even pull down some big game before you leave. We can usually pull down a decent sized antelope together but Immunda is only young and the rest of us really aren't tall enough." he chuckles, though they hunted together and worked hard to hunt together their differences helped.

"We're quite successful hunters really, I think it's being different that makes it so."

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:46 pm
Oseye smiled, pleased to be dubbed friend. Acquiantence was more appropriate in this case but she'd take it nonetheless. Besides, it was always good to have more friends. . . . at least even after she left she'd have good memories of her adventure, and certainly new friends to visit upon any return trips or chance meetings.

"Variety is always a good thing. . . I'm not surprised you're all excellent hunters. Different talents and abilities mean you can cover more ground or at least different experiences. And yes, I'd be happy to help on your hunts before I leave. . . that way we all can feast well and hep bring good fortune our way." Grinning lightly, she dipped her head as she trotted along with the jackel.

"I appreciate your kindness, Kameo. . . Your family is blessed to have you on their side."

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff