Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply --[ Biotic Interactions ]--
[ORP] Under the Sun - Summer Beach Party 2010 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebony Shade

Romantic Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:04 pm
((Beach))

"Ebby!" Cordelia's hushed tones protested as she desperately tried to escape her guardian's firm, yet gentle grasp.

Ebby, as it were, was currently kneeling on a towel in the sun warmed sand underneath a huge parasol she'd erected not too long ago when they'd arrived. Her purple, white trimmed bikini allowed for much exposure of that already naturally bronzed skin, but it wasn't her skin she was worried about at the moment. With a smokey ribbon wrapped tight around her leg, Ebony sat so to keep her ward in one place while she ever so motherly rubbed sunscreen onto the snake's olive toned skin. "Cordelia please! If you insist on baking in the sun all day, at least give me a few minutes to make sure you don't burn completely!"

"B-but! The smell!" she whimpered still trying to slither her way out of the Brit's grasp. It smelled nothing like the delicate, sweet scent of Ebony's own oils. Why'd she have to have it on anyway? Delia had spent plenty of time in the sun before and hadn't any negative consequences. As far as she was concerned, the sun was one of the greatest things ever created, giving off all that delicious warmth and asking for nothing in return. "EBBY!"

"All right all right! All done!" The woman said jumping up to untangle the girl's ribbon and set her free. With a huff, the woman pushed her loose lilac locks from her face and rolled those grey orbs. "Lord, you'd think I was feeding you to the lions or something."

Delia frowned as she floated up high, allowing her ribbon to resettle to its normal, slow swirling before coming back down to her usual floating height. "Are you staying here?" The basilisk hadn't heard a word her guardian said, eyes warily looking towards the water's edge as it rhythmically lapped at the sand. Though they were a good way's away from it, the black Frei was obviously not sticking around to see whether it decided to inch towards them or not.

She sighed wondering when Cordelia would get over her fear of water. At first it was tolerable, but now it was starting to get on the Brit's last nerve as the girl nearly obsessed about getting wet whenever in the presence of the liquid. Giving the parasol a quick adjustment as to commence her own sunbathing and placing a pair of dark shades over her eyes, "Yes, I'll be here if you need me. Go find your friends and have fun."

Of course the girl was gone the minute the word 'yes' was uttered, getting as far away from that dreaded ocean as was possible. Though she stopped suddenly when she realized she had no destination. Swaying gently from side to side, Delia decided on where to go and who to greet first. There were soooo many people, some familiar and some not. Decisions, decisions.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:46 pm
[[Petting Zoo // Tags mainly for: Chrystali && X Purple--Platypus X]]

Ekundayo immediately floated over to Alex and, instead of wrapping her in an embrace, she took hold of the woman’s hands, swinging them in a childish manner.
I didn’t recognize you. Faye found you first,” she said. The Raeven quickly glanced over Alex again, trying to get used to the woman baring so much skin. “You look pretty. I missed you.”
Ekundayo glanced back at Faye before looking at Alex.
Faye said he would take me back to you if he made me unhappy. But I like him now. He takes me to parks and theaters. And I like to feed the goldfish but they’ve gotten fat.”
She paused for a moment before redirecting her thoughts. “Why didn’t you wear this at the Lab? It’s pretty.

Fathle smiled as he watched his charge talk animatedly to the dark-haired woman. Ekundayo was certainly more gregarious and seeing Alex seemed to have only excited her more. It was interesting to remember the Raeven when she had first stepped into his apartment. She had barely strung two words together, let alone speak in entire sentences. Fathle was just grateful that Ekundayo was slowly beginning to stray away from her original serious and rather stoic nature; he knew that she could not remember what had happened to her but he still liked to think that staying with him was maybe returning some of her old exuberance. Fathle caught eyes with Alex once and offered a small smile and bow.

Hello. I’m Ethan Blake--

He turned his red eyes and saw an older gentleman approach him with a warm smile. As the man walked around the two women and drew closer, Fathle noticed the stark difference in their height. He was about a head taller than grey-haired man.
“Good afternoon, Mr. Ethan Blake,” he said with a smile before he offered his hand. Ethan had a quiet elegance to his overall style. Fathle could easily picture him in a well-tailored business suit. “My name is Farael Lekabel. However, I am mostly addressed as Fathle. A pleasure, I am sure.”
He glanced over at Ekundayo, feeling slightly amused when Ethan used the word ‘daughter.’
“And yes, thank you. She is my charge. Her name is Ekundayo. I must say, your ward, Vyn, is a beautiful Raeven as well.”
Fathle paused as he watched the red-haired Raeven approach them and gently tap Ethan’s hand. He noticed that she had the most extraordinary eyes; instead of white sclera, they were black. The effect was rather mesmerizing.

“And she has the most intriguing eyes,” Fathle said after Vyn had floated away. “May I ask how long you have been a guardian to your ward?”

Milk and Golden Honey

Dapper Lunatic

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 pm
((Drinks Booth))

"Doe!" Pasha laid her other hand over the woman's, as gentle as she. "What a cute name, for short!" The Sigel was just about beaming behind her huge sunglasses, a kiss of pink from the sun already settling across her nose and cheeks. She let go of Doucette's hand after a moment and floated back a bit, making room for the other woman to approach and order.

Well, as soon as the man and his thirsty Raevan companion were out of the way, at least! Melisande twisted for a moment to study Xuelin's back, but she certainly didn't wish interrupt. Anyone that thirsty was sure to be in a foul mood, no matter how fragile they looked!

"Have you already met Doctor Kyou? He's making drinks!" Pasha lowered her voice a bit, but her whisper was still high and sweet. "I think my drink is going to be in a coconut, but Rivener ordered something with an orange slice that looked delicious! Laz made it!" She tilted her head helpfully towards the other Sigel working at the booth, blonde curls swinging to frame her face.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:27 am
[[Drink Booth]]

Doucette's be-freckled cheeks darkened to a shade matching her arms at the woman's flattery and she found herself, as usual, unable to make any appropriate comments in return. Instead she simply nodded as a sort of appreciation at the woman's polite comments. It was less that the poor red head was shy and more that she was consumed with a worry about proper social etiquette. There was a certain furtive expression shot towards the commanding attitude of Kenth before returning to the lovely Pasha.

"Oh, the stalker?" she said suddenly, her curiosity piqued to the point of blurting out ridiculous things like referring to a certain head-doctor as a stalker. Shoot. That was supposed to have been an internal comment. Hopefully the off-hand comment would go unnoticed. Like a little cough to clear one's throat. Or perhaps she could simply pretend someone else had said it. Dr Kyou looked busy enough indeed not to be paying specific attention to each of the people waiting in line for his drinks.

Twisting her hands together, Doucette shook her head and quickly began talking again, slightly louder and faster than just before, as if it could erase her little outburst. "No, no. I don't know either of them. Laz or Kyou. Know Rivener though. Yes, I've met him." There was a slightly wild look in her eyes as she spoke, looking at the sigel mixing drinks and the dark haired man beside him. So far she hadn't exactly had any intention of purchasing a drink, but she supposed she'd be the stalker figure in question if it was discovered she was just lurking about.

"Do you know very much about them?" Doucette asked in her best nonchalant voice about the two mixing drinks. She was very interested to learn more about the new "family" she'd been welcomed to.

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

Vyn -- LAB305

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 am
[ Ethan. Petting zoo. ]

Taking Falthe’s hand in a firm hold he shook briefly three times. The other man shared the same air of richness and power that Ethan was well versed in and the businessman wouldn’t have been surprised if the red eyed guardian was potentially quite influential; perhaps something big outside of Ethan’s own area of expertise? Judging by the smart looks and well versed introduction – PR? Or maybe advertising, those red contacts (or at least he assumed they were contacts) would certainly work well in regards to leaving a lasting impression.

He was quietly pleased when the other man admired Vyn as she passed and when he complimented her unique eyes a knowing smile did indeed bloom on the gentleman’s expression. “Ah, yes. It’s her most striking feature.” He watched her move away from the petting zoo with fondness clear to see in his bespectacled eyes. “When she first came into my care she found the attention that it brought her quite unbearable... But now she rarely seems to mind.” The last portion of his statement came out as more of a muse to himself rather than a response to the man, however, the guardian to the eagle frei’s next question lead on quite neatly.

I have been guardian to Vyn for a year and a half now.” He turned back to the man who he was talking to at this point, looking up into his face. Happy to share the details of Vyn’s past with another raevan owner her elaborated on his guardianship of Vyn; “Before I was her caretaker a young girl called Shuura looked after Vyn.. However, for certain reasons the LAB had to intervene and rehome her. So Vyn is actually quite a lot older than one and a half – she’s three years old in fact.” At this point he looked yet again to Ekundayo, observing her as she spoke to Alex, before gesturing with an open palm at Falthe.

And how long have you been caring for Ekundayo?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 pm
((Drinks Booth))

Melisande tilted her head at Doe's brief comment, but it wasn't a word she was familiar with. Perhaps she could look it up once she got home! "About Kyou and Laz! Oh! I-" The muse paused, and her enthusiasm dampened slightly.

Oh yes, I know all about them! They're such wonderful people! Let me tell you a story... That's what she wished to say, but the words didn't come. It was a startling revelation, but Pasha suddenly realized she didn't know all that much about Kyou and Lazarus at all!

"I know that the Doctor is very hard working, and...he's a very fair man." Melisande said honestly, choosing her words with a bit of care. "I've only spoken with Lazarus a few times, but he's kinder each time we speak."

Pasha's smile returned, and her mood seemed to lighten. A tiny white blossom, nestled in her blonde locks, opened delicately. "Kyou is responsible for us! He's the closest thing to a father we have. I think Laz must be lucky to have him by his side, all of the time." There was something a bit wistful in the Sigel's voice, but she shrugged it off. Unbuttoning her dress shirt even farther, the deep V showing more than just her blue spotted bikini top, the Sigel turned towards the ocean. The breeze felt so wonderful, filling the white cotton shirt like a sail!

"Do you have family nearby? Or...are you caring for one of the new Raevans?" Pasha's wings puffed and frilled with curiosity, furling slightly to cup the breeze as she glanced sidelong to Doucette.  

Aki Ana

soutou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:00 pm
(( Popsicle Booth ))

Varun had been plunged into far too much trouble of his own to know the happenstance of the other Raevans, and had no idea why the kitten would be so uneasy near her. (It also failed to occur to him that such an aggressive front wasn't appealing to most other beings.)

"Oh, was all Varun said in response to Lucia's explanation, following the older Frei's gaze down to the sign up sheets. "I see." Though clearly, he did not. Before he could question his acquaintance further, she was smiling and turning away, floating off towards the beach and the other Raevans congregating there. Varun twitched his bright wings, a confused expression clouding his face as he watched Lucia retreat in silence.

It took him a moment to realize he was now surrounded by all men, all human men, and his stress level sky-rocketed. The redhead tensed visibly as he clenched his jaw, eying all three carefully as he tried to gauge the situation. Deciding it would be better to go covert than start an altercation with this many people, he cleared his throat gently and turned to the man running the popsicle stand. He did not recognize him, but that may have been to both their advantage.

"Excuse me," he addressed Zeke warily, Kinsey's attempts to teach him manners coming back in bits and pieces. "What are...?" He pointed towards the sign-up sheets, unwilling to admit he only recognized the simplest of words. Flaring his headfins a little in distress, he nodded towards them before turning his gaze back to Zeke expectantly. "What does it say?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:45 pm
[[Oceanside]]

Seeing the comparison between the two Raevan's, Lette was brought that much closer to understanding exactly what they were and how they..grew? They were definitely an interesting species to behold, of that she was most sure. Furthermore, watching the two Raevan's interact with each other brought her to the understanding that they felt/saw/experienced things in the same way and manner that she did as she recognized Zul's reaction to Rivener's touch as exactly that of someone who had just been caressed by their lover, and Rivener's eyes expressed all the love in the world to this floating demon-like male.

"Nice to meet you Rivener. You can call me either Trinity or Lette, if you would like." Winking at the affectionate Raevan's, Lette expanded her smile to shine upon Zul's friend, hoping to impress upon him an amiable mood and possible friendship. She usually got along with everyone, having such an open personality and warm smile. Sure she turned some people off with her uncensored vocals, but that wasn't her fault - some people just couldn't handle the truth and she liked to say what was on her mind. What was the use in speculating things when you could just ask? "So I'm guessing you two are an item, huh? Sure looks like it with the way you two are acting. Reminds me of my first love. Either way, at least I get to look at two pieces of eye-candy together."

Putting her amiable flirtations to the side, Lette listened in to what Rivener was saying, happy to feel included in their conversation even though they had just met. Hearing of possible group games, the silver-eyed beauty was reminded that this was a social gathering of some sort, and not just a chance happening of meetings. "Paintball and Sandcastle Building you say? Is it open to the public? I don't want to just barge in unwelcome. To be honest, I have no idea what you all are doing here. I'm just now learning about Raevan's, and had yet to ask Zul what exactly was happening."

OrionDeltaOmega

Shapeshifter

Milk and Golden Honey

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:33 pm
[[Petting Zoo // Tag mainly to: Purple Platypus]]

Fathle withdrew his hand, flexing his fingers ever so slightly as he felt Ethan imprint his cool skin with human warmth. He listened attentively to him and came to realize that the changing of guardianship was perhaps not as rare as he had previously believed it to be. Was he really Ekundayo’s second guardian? He vaguely wondered if he was but one man in a line of guardians. The only guardian he was made aware of was Mouse and Fathle had assumed that she was the only one. He hoped that his assumption was correct. Fathle did not like to think of Ekundayo as being discarded and handed down in such a manner.

“It seems that new guardianships amongst Raevens are not as abnormal as I once assumed,” he said. “Ekundayo has been under my charge for five months. However, I am not her first guardian. She was once under the guardianship of a woman named Mouse Pachinkorelli; however, similar to Vyn, Ekundayo was later ‘rehomed’ to me… as you phrased it.”
He turned his eyes and let his gaze linger upon the two women before looking back at Ethan.
“And if I have calculated correctly, Ekundayo is about two years and three months of age. Though, the age of Raevens remains a rather strange idea for me. Their overall appearance suggests maturity but most of them are but children within.”

Fathle smiled to himself before posing another question. “May I ask how you became interested in Raevens? Of course, I realize that this kind of query may be too personal to warrant an answer. Please feel free to deny me, Mr. Blake.”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:47 pm
(( Petting Zoo // Oceanside => Popsicle Booth ))

The Eagle's talon-like fingers slipped into her hands and Alex was immediately over the moon, her previous misgivings with the white-haired doctor momentarily swept away in favor of sheer joy. "Did he?" she questioned, green eyes momentarily slipping beyond the beloved Frei to her new Guardian and back again. "I'm glad you found me. I missed you too, Dayo, I - I'm so happy to see you again!" The Italian lightly squeezed the hands in her grasp, blissfully content to let her arms be swung to and fro by the Frei's whim.

She listened, attentive as she knew how to be as the once-quiet femme opened up in structured sentences of how she was doing, giving Alex brief insight both to how Fathle was treating her precious Eagle and how the recovering Dayo was spending her time. It made the Italian laugh good-naturedly, her smile entirely warming her eyes. "Fat, are they? Well! The ones in your hair are simply stunning. I've never seen your hair like that before - you look very beautiful, Ekundayo." Like the proud mother, happiness made her chest swell with positive feelings for the foster-Frei, and perhaps a good mark for her red-headed Guardian. Perhaps she'd been too crass with him the first time they'd met...

The last question made he laugh in a more abashed manner, her vibrant eyes turning downwards to look over her barely-clad skin. "This is for swimming," she tried to explain, releasing one of Dayo's hands to tug at the fabric around her leg. "It's not polite in our society to wear swim clothes when there's other clothes appropriate for certain events. I'm glad you think so, though." There was a light stain of pink on her olive cheeks, quite chuffed for the compliment all the same. It was heart-lifting to be told one looked good when one was so imperfect.

"You must tell me about your fat goldfish sometime," she giggled, taking Dayo's hand and releasing the one she'd been holding so she could point towards the popsicle booth. "But while you're here, you should sign up for the games! Maybe--" you'll get paired with Zul, she almost said, but immediately swatted the giddy notion of that down, swallowing some of her pleasure as the stark reality settled on her again. "--you can make some new friends," she said instead, smiling encouragingly at the Eagle.

---

A rather black swath caught the demon's eye for a moment, stark against the nearly-white sand as it was, his expression lighting as his gaze fell upon Delia. He couldn't rightly just push the two in his presence aside to reach her, so he settled for lifting his hand in greetings, a quiet type of promise that he'd make time to see his precious Stormy. The question Trinity posed, however, immediately brought him back to current company, his response so immediate that he didn't really think about it. "No," he denied the observation. Were they an item? No. In love? As much as he could. Either way, there had never been anything ... agreed between them, no more than any of his other friends, something he had become more aware of in his time with humans.

Brushing the notion aside, he simply smiled at her mention of love, the fingers of his hand lighting upon his gorget where the precious necklace he'd been given was safely tucked. Before, it didn't bother him that nothing had been 'official' between himself and his Scorpion, and in truth, it didn't really 'bother' him now - he was simply more aware of it, and how words played such a demanding role in society. "But we're very happy you enjoy the view," he added to her statement to ensure that she didn't feel as though she had stepped on proverbial toes, "I do every time he's around."

Zul dropped his hand to smooth over the low of Rivener's back, his own skin much warmer than his bare-bodied counterpart, before he floated closer to the woman and offered the crook of his elbow to her. "I'm already signed up for Paintball - a Captain," he grinned somewhat at the woman, not minding if it seemed he was flouting his station in the event, "but I need to sign up for the other two. Shall we?" She could refuse or comply, but either way, the demon intended to make his way to the popsicle booth and see what there was to see from there, to hopefully busy himself enough that his thoughts were not such a weight upon his tri-horned head.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ebony Shade

Romantic Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:14 pm
((Ebs=sunbathing // Delia -> intercepting Zul & Co))

Hmmm...there were Raevans near the water, but of course that was out for her. Cordelia wouldn't get near that damn thing unless absolutely necessary. Several people were gathered at the bar where she could vaguely make out the horns of both Lazarus and Doctor Kyou. Then there was quite a crowd around Zul's Alex which immediately made the basilisk wonder where her demon friend was.

Silver eyes still scanning the vastness of the beach yet to be scattered with even more beings as the day wore on, Cordelia caught sight of familiar mixed shades of ruby and night as well as flame and creme. Zul should have known that even an up turn of his lips into a smile was enough an invitation for the smokey Frei, so the small wave was seen as a bigger sign to join them.

"Zul! Riven!" Beelining her way towards the two Raevans, Delia hadn't even seen the human female there as she all but threw herself in for a group hug. "Hi!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:28 am
[[Oceanside]]

Rivener rustled his wings softly in pride, pleased at Lette's words of casual praise, and had been about to reply when Zul spoke with that quick, resounding "No". Rivener felt like he'd been stabbed in the chest. His proud smile broke into a startled gasp and behind his sunglasses, red eyes opened wide to stare at the demon Frei in shock. Usually the Scorpion would do his best to hide such reactions, but it had taken him so unaware this time. Zul didn't think they-... "W-we're not?" he mumbled mostly to himself, obviously hurt and confused.

So much for nothing bringing him down today.

The smokey-voiced compliment about how Zul enjoyed the view whenever he could drew only a token smile from Rivener, all warmth bled from him. He turned to blink at the woman, his lips snapping shut once he realized his jaw had been hanging slack. He wanted to get out of here. "It's open to the public, yes," he answered the woman, fully intent on excusing himself now and going somewhere ELSE, somewhere he could be alone. He suddenly very much wanted to go home.

That wasn't going to be happening, as a moment later he and Zul were tackle-hugged by a very energetic snake-Frei. "Ugh!" Riv grunted softly, raising an arm to hug Delia even though the Sigel didn't normally appreciate the touchy hugs from friends. "H-hi Cordelia," he said quietly, attempting to smile and failing it halfway, waiting impatiently for Zul to say something and hopefully distract the snake long enough that Riv could extricate himself.

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:21 am
(( Arrival -> towards Petting Zoo ))

This was certainly nostalgic.

Two years ago in the same place, roughly around the same time, there had been a shindig very similar to the one going on at the beach right at that moment. A smirk snaked its way across her features as she recalled, earnestly, that the time two years ago, she had no knowledge of anything relating to the company holding this party, then a fundraiser, and now she was so boned up on knowledge that she would actually be taking care of one of their beautiful creations. It was kind of ironic, really.

Beside her, Tango crunched at an ice cube she had removed from the small blue and white cooler for him, attempting to lap it up quickly before it melted against the parking lot pavement. Under her arm lay a large, rolled beach towel, in that had was the cooler in question and wrapped around her left hand and gripped tightly by it was a long, thick blue leash which snaked its way to the collar hidden beneath Tango's bandanna. "You remember?" she asked the dog, whose ears twitched towards her before he finished the cube, raising his head after and giving her that I'm-a-dog-so-when-I-pant-I-look-like-I'm-smiling stare and she smiled back.

It was lucky, really, that she didn't have the Mistletoe anymore and now knew what it did. If she had brought it here absentmindedly, she would be kissing everywhere in sight, Gaian or Raevan, and she noted as her green eyes glanced around the scene that there were very few familiar Raevans in sight; most were new, and most were dark. One with black hair and black leather, female; one with black and red hair, shirtless and male; another black clad female with a lovely lilac color to her hair but a slight discoloration on one arm. The one she recognized immediately was very nearby the shirtless Raevan, who had white hair and a golden tan.

Zul, she thought fondly, and turned back to Tango, giving the leash a gentle tug and the two were off into the sands. His paws kicked up sand easily as he trotted beside her, if only slightly in front, and he looked every which way with the eager interest of a young pup despite his head reaching Anita's hip, minus the ears. Tail a wag, it seemed he in fact did remember, as he was taken here last time as well and enjoyed a nice assortment of flavored ices while Anita had sampled various drinks. Maybe she would run into Josh again like she had last time. Maybe David. Over all, she hoped she would get to see Zeke and Alex and the latter seemed true with the presence of her charge.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:55 am
((Drinks booth -> Petting Zoo))

It had been a while since Leo had been able to get out and enjoy a festive day like this. All of his traveling around had kept him from being able to enjoy more of the social events in the odd places he visited with his father. Now that he was on his own, though, this kind of thing would be able to be more common, giving the man a smile.

Nursing on a smoothie he had purchased after asking the booth-keeper for a photo, Leo made his rounds around the beach, taking photos here and there. It was a perfect day; people having fun, all wearing their favorite swimsuits, the sun gave the perfect lighting to everything, the beach giving the most amazing backdrop. His favorite photo he was able to snag so far was one of two children playing in the water.

He was thankful that he had heard about this event, he would have been at home working in the dark room or something.

After another few snaps, Leo had noticed the petting zoo on the other side of some sun-soakers. That would be a great place to get some shots, and surely a great place to socialize. Sure, most of the people there would probably be children, but they'd most likely be accompanied by adults or older siblings. Either way, it was a good way of covering all the bases of this event, photography-wise.

Was that... the Game Depot girl? Leo squinted against the bright sun to get a better look. It was a surprise to see her, despite it being, of course, a social outting. It was very rare that Leo would run into people from stores outside of their work. Not that he was complaining, she was pretty cute. If only he could remember her name... or if she had ever given him her name. That almost made him feel like a jerk.

Clutching the camera in his hand, Leo started towards the petting zoo, his original destination. It seemed that she was heading that way, anyway. Maybe he'd ask her for a photo.

NeonMace432

Ravina Loki
Crew

Incredible Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm
((Popsicle Booth - Zeke
Water's Edge - Anastacia ))

Zeke's grin only stretched as the white-haired man took a moment to figure out just who this mystery-brother was. He burst out with a laugh and a rapid nod of assurance that he was who he was when Aphismet figured it out, but already he was doing an 'assessment' of his own of the man and channeling some of what his own mother had done to Brad when the two had first met.

"I am indeed," he replied with a happy tone, shaking the hand that was taken just as firmly as he had with Ty. The other male had a similar grip and that was decent in Zeke's books. Aphismet won another chuckle from the veterinarian as he continued as well as a shake of his bi-colored head. "Scary? Brad? No way; he's a big teddy bear." As Aphi looked to the BBQ area, Zeke did as well, but luckily for him there was no tell-tale rumble of his stomach. Not yet at least. He made sure to have a big breakfast, though even that wouldn't hinder him from a popsicle. "That sounds great!" He said in regards to the dinner idea. "Ah yeah, quite! S'only gonna get busier and Alex did say you'd be helping out over there too. Maybe I'll get to try some of your cooking before then!" He liked the idea of a dinner and with a friendly clap to Aphismet's shoulder he let him off the hook. For now. Dinner could and likely would be another story.

With Aphismet now away from him and taken up in conversation with others, Zeke turned back to his booth fully. Ty, Lucia, and Yuurei had since dispersed so there was a bit more breathing room to the popsicle booth which was nice, but he also realized the brown-haired man who had first approached him had vanished. Ah damn...Couldn't be helped, though he'd be sure to apologize later. Zeke eyed one of the popsicles in the nearest bucket to his right but the sound of a clearing throat followed by words drew his eye up. Pierced brows raised behind those green shades as they fell on Varun hovering near him but his smile remained steady as ever - willing and ready to help.

"These?" He looked to where the Leviathan was pointing then back to the Raevan in time to catch the distress display. Zeke easily tugged all three over to him and - much as he had done before - he tapped each one in turn as he gave his explanation. "These are game sign-ups. There's going to be three events today; this one here is for paintball, this middle one is for a seashell game which is Raevans-only, and this last one is for a sandcastle building competition." He looked back up at Varun, looking over the tops of his glasses to really get an eyeful of the Season Frei's colors. Quite the contrast to his own! It was so neat to see how different and unique the Raevans could be from one another.

"Would you like to sign up...?" He trailed the end of his sentence, hoping for a name to that red-framed face.

---

Why. Wasn't. It. Walking. Right?!

For the umpteenth time Anastacia picked the little beach creature up by the sides, "righted" it, and gave it a sharp jab in the backside to make it go forward. The orange crab would take one or two shaky steps forward from that, but then it would start to scuttle sideways again. This was agitating, and not only to the Frei. Around the third or fourth time Anastacia had done that, the crustacean's claws had started to raise in the air as a warning but it was one that the aggressor hadn't been heeding. Sort of lucky she hadn't been pinched yet, but it was clear if her actions continued, a finger would be taken between the larger of the two mottled claws and smarted. What would happen with the Frei's interest in the creature then was anyone's guess, but for now she wasn't getting bored with this. Maybe it was the frustration keeping it that way, maybe it was the fact what it was doing - in her eyes - was wrong, but no matter what, it would learn dammit.

Learn, until a light cough to her side caused the Frei's head to snap up suddenly. Despite the roar of the ocean, poor sight bred her other senses to be heightened, so Vyn's light cough was not missed. From behind her curtain of hair, Anastacia scowled but - as a respectable woman should - she wiped it off her face before she turned her head.

All six eyes focused on the Frei hovering near her and two legs on either side of that legged crown reached out to pull those hanging sides back behind her slightly pointed ears to keep Anastacia's vision free. The crab took this moment to escape, going as fast as its legs could carry it and hitting the water line of freedom before quickly being swept beneath and away. Anastacia squinted at Vyn, sun angled just so that everything on the treeless beach burned bright. Slowly she rose, flipped her wings back into the standard posture, and waited. Voices carried down the beach from the attractions that were erected by the Lab staff and that was what triggered the Spider femme's realization that Zeke wasn't here to introduce her or do the talking like always. Zeke was way the heck over there - past her vision would allow her to see - and unavailable if that mass of color and movement was to be believed. Oh--

What was that phrase Zeke had once uttered when something had happened at work but hadn't realized his charge had been behind him, looking for a way to get to the animals for a meal? Oh...Oh..."Oh s**t". That was it. Oh s**t, Zeke was way over there. Oh s**t, she was stranded. Oh s**t, she just might have to talk. Oh s**t...At least this other one was female, though that didn't change much. Her face remained placid but inside Anastacia was scowling much like she had just before. Dammit. Maybe it hadn't been a good idea to linger here too long, but that little thing on the sand was doing something slightly interesting, if not frustrating after awhile. Then again...There was a crowd over there with Zeke and he had that staining lotion he'd been trying to get on her. She didn't want any of that, but it was also hot here and she wasn't exactly dressed in colors that reflected the sun away from her. Already her skin was tingling as she unwillingly fed off the sand and the sun. She couldn't sweat, but she could feel the heat growing on her skin and would quickly need shade that Zeke could provide. Dammit. Influenced by those 'polite society' movies on the PBS she couldn't just run even though it was an option. She could be chased if she tried, though she knew she would not put up with that. Ugh, best get this over with before she went numb all over and felt the Raevan-version of being "stuffed to maximum". A name, maybe a 'what are you doing?' from the red-haired female, then she'd be in the clear right? Right. Besides - she needn't speak more than she wanted or felt she had to. Even Zeke took two words, put them together, and understood her when she felt to give him some. With a toss of her head to move that tickle-some short bang from her forehead and a long, piercing gaze at the flower-crowed femme, Anastacia begrudgingly gave her first words on that cool, flat tone.

"Good afternoon."

--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces