Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:02 am
User Image

The garden was in need of a few things. Herbs that had been requested by Malis for their healing properties did not grow so close to home and Dayunsi was on his way to track them down. It had been a long time since he had left the Glen and he was a little nervous but this was important and plants was the one thing he took seriously. The small flutter made his way slowly towards the riverside and found a nice perch on a rock that was partially covered by litchen and moss. Gathering up the moss with his hoof he remembered it's properties. Litchen was a good asorbant as well as helped heal. After he had enough of a bundle he gently picked it up in his teeth and placed it in the loose bag that was near by. It was then he looked around and took in the sights. The brook gurgled with merriment as it bounced it's way through the meadow, a few clouds floated gracefully in the sky, causing shadows to scatter around and hide the small forms of the bees and other insects as they gathered pollen. There was an almost peaceful aura about the place and Dayunsi gave a small sigh as he watched the path of a bird high up. A few most samplings of the flora in the neighborhood and he would fly back to the saftey of home. At least this area seemed pleasing to the soul.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:45 am
User Image Today was one of the very few days that Regulus had not been orderd urgently away by the stars, infact they had done something even stranger-they had hinted that he should travel east and that something would happen that he would never expect. Curious Regulus had done as he had been instructed. It hadn't been a hard trip, his hooves had gotten use to carrying him over snow and mountains after all but this had been a peaceful walk along a river.

As he walked the river started to get thinner and thinner and the land started to go up hill slightly, he figured he was getting closer to the mouth of the river. The trees that swayed and dance inthe breeze had him humming a tune to accomany them, and with a skip in his step he moved to the beat also.

When he got to the top of the hill he even hummed the tune louder and spun, only to stop out of shame as his eyes fell upon another. "Sorry..." he mumbled, before clearing his throat and chuckling at his own childishness, "I don't usually dance and hum like that."

The stallion before him was.... familiar.... yet strange. Earth tones as his own, a unicorn horn also yet he sorted a pair of flutter wings that Regulus most definatly did not possess. Strange. It was almost like looking in a mirror. "My name is Regulus," he said, a smile upon his face. "Its unusual to see others this far north of the village." From his travelling he knew that this forest was usually very quiet, and because of hat a lot of herds and plants that had healing properities had been allowed to grow undisturbed. Regulus had sought them out on a few occasions but he only knew a little about such things -his strength had always been on sencing the illness or injuring and removing it. Empathy. Something that told him that although the other stallion enjoyed the view he was not entirely comfortable being here. Why? He wondered.

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:32 pm
There was coltsfoot grass in the lower meadows... The flutter knew that with the changing of the seasons, some of the youngsters would invariably get coughs. He should probably stock up on the small leaves that provided relief. Going over the herbs he had already collected, Day nodded to himself, there was still more more needed. As much as his son had expressed an interest in his work, he was hopeless around plants and Miread was much more at home with Immi than rooting around in the dirt with her father. Nidawi was useful when there was the easier herbs though, and he was eager which was also promising. Dayunsi decided he could send him later to gather a few of the easier herbs. Turning back to the task at hoof he mentally sifted through the rest of the list. Bryonia would also be good for coughs but it was too late in the season already for them... Maybe some more chamomile or wild mint would work in it's place... With a small sigh, the stallion turned towards the meadows, knowing that his journey wasn't quite finished.

And paused...

There before him stood a replica of himself. Not quite exact, where flowers grew within his locks, stars glinted and the delicate flutter wings of his birth were absent. Day raised an eyebrow as he stared into golden glowing eyes of the strange, and yet familiar stallion that stood before him. "It's ok..." Dayunsi took a moment to collect his thoughts before smiling lightly, "My mate often dances... and sings for that matter. I'm kind of used to it." Remembering his manners, the flutter made a small bow. "I am Dayunsi, it is a pleasure to meet you."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:44 am
Regulus looked at the stallion, really looked. He was... familar, but he couldn't place him. The name 'Dayunsi' or 'Day' as he for some reason recalled was also familar, but again Regulus couldn't place it... why? Why couldn't he understand the connection to the strange earth toned stallion before him? Had they met before? Maybe he had healed him once a long time ago?

Yet that idea seemed wrong, conjured by his mind as the simplest explaination of how they knew each other. Needing to know if the other stallion felt the same he said; "I don't mean to be rude... but have we met?"

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:43 pm
Regulus... the familiarity caught him with stronger fervor. "Where did you say you came from? It is possible we met once a long time ago. I have not been very far from my home for quite a long time." The flutter took a few steps forward, his gaze sweeping over the brown stallion trying to place where he had seen him before. A vision of a young colt dancing across a meadow came to mind but he shook his head, thinking it was his son Nidawi. His son... Regulus looked much like the unicorn son of his but while his son had the blue hair of his mother, this stallion shared the same green hair of... of his mother. With a tilt of his head Dayunsi asked another question. "I don't mean to pry but, what was your mother's name?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:16 pm
Regulus smiled softly at the other stallion, until a look of slight confusion covered his features. Why was this stranger so curious about where Regulus had come from? The truth was... Regulus couldn't remember, he knew he had left at a young age in search of his dream to become the best healer but he had never returned since, nor could he recall much from before his journey... the curse of old age he supposed. "A meadow..." He finally said, a memory of dancing and playing flashing to his mind, "...but I don't remember for sure. And I am sorry.... I can not remember my mothers name." He smiled softly at Dayunsi, there was definatly something so familar about him... and the longed the conversation between them seemed to go on the longer a little niggling thought seemed to whisper in his mind.

Not wanting to voice his suspicion yet Regulus simply took in the features of the other stallion, perhaps it was his way to see if there could possibly be any truth behind his next words.... there seemed to be, Dayunsi may have wings but his mane of as green as Regulus's, he too had a golden horn and eyes to match, even if his didn't glow like Regulus's did. "Are.... we related?" He chickened out of saying brother... after all, surely the other stallion would have known if he had had a missing brother?

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:12 pm
"Adaline, my mother was Adaline. She had long green hair that smelled of sweet rushes, though the rest of her was pale, like the petals of the cream crocus in the spring." His memory came back to him now, of the cool nights laying by her warm side, her low voice telling them bed time stories... them... He peered at the fellow stallion for a moment that seemed timeless. "I remember growing up with a brother, so long ago now... if we were related you could be him..." Day knew his wings came from his father but then so did their coats and his gift for growing flowers, at least that is what his mother had told him. The stallion regarded Regulus as he spoke, wondering if he felt the same connection. "It has been a long time since I have seen any of my family, I had made a new home for myself here. Some times I wonder if my path had been different but maybe such was meant to be."

The little he remembered of his brother filtered back to him, like fragments of a dream after waking. He had always been the shyer of the two, his brother, carrying a warm smile and friendly countenance, was the one to lead him out into the open and greet the near by herds. It wasn't until he was the only one left that he found the courage to step out on his own. He enjoyed the healing arts but found his fascination lay with the plants and their numerous properties, such things propelled him to continue moving forwards until he found this little place of eden.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:42 am
Regulus suddenly felt as if he had a headache, his mind trying so hard to recall something that was hidden within even his earliest memories... and for a moment Regulus couldn't help but wonder if there had been another reason why he had left? Something that he had forgotten? Something that.... ah! It didn't matter, he couldn't remember...

As Dayunsi spoke of a brother...a brother than could be him.. Regulus found his eyes snapping back open to look at him. So strange yet so familar. "I...." He paused, not really sure what he would want to say, eventually he finally finished the sentence, "....I haven't seen my family in so long either. I fear my life has mostly been dedicated to healing and travelling. I never really stop." Travel appealed to him, called to him, and with the stars to guide him he actually felt useful.

Taking a step closer to his 'brother' Regulus stopped and sniffed the air, scents were great memory triggers for him, it was one of the reasons he had been able to remember so many different plants and properties. The was definatly something familar, and the scent that was underlying the scent of flowers and vines was very similar to his own, even he couldn't deny that. Perhaps.... "You are my brother?" He found himself saying, tilting his head slightly to look at Dayunsi again.

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items