Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
In the real forums... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lnvictus

Profitable Guildsman

5,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:59 pm
Which forum do your prefer to hang around in most?

I prefer the GD (General Discussion) forum because I find the people to be far more intellectual and polite than in CB (Chatterbox) or ED (Extended Discussion).

What is your preference?

Sorry, I don't want to type out an entire poll for this so just post your response. smile

--Invictus  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:55 pm
      GD...polite...intellectual..? eek

I don't really have a preference, but I pop into the Mini Shops and Exchange once in awhile~

Skyscraper Opera

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:01 pm
XD Yeah I had the same reaction. Are you kidding? The GD isn't polite or intellectual...

Aside from the "boys/girls trapped in cages" threads, the CB used to be full of nice people. Lately it isn't. It's full of people who keep trying to claim the title of being a "regular" of the CB. :/

The ED's always been full of people who argue just for the sake of arguing, in my experience. If it was a good forum, that was before I ever checked it out. ...Which is possible.

I have certain forums I prefer, but~ lately I've been enjoying guilds more than the actual forums.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:11 pm
I've been hanging around the Life Issues forum a lot lately, when I haven't been here. It can get a little crazy in there sometimes though. eek  

KittyKat62

Echo of Memnoch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:29 pm
To be honest I'll have to side with sdrawkcab, I prefer guilds to forums these days, mostly due to the type of people who are in the forums of late.

I've noticed that as sdrawkcab said most of the people argue for the sake of arguing, though my largest issue is that they claim abuse if you disagree with them and prove them wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:07 pm
sdrawkcab
XD Yeah I had the same reaction. Are you kidding? The GD isn't polite or intellectual...

Aside from the "boys/girls trapped in cages" threads, the CB used to be full of nice people. Lately it isn't. It's full of people who keep trying to claim the title of being a "regular" of the CB. :/

The ED's always been full of people who argue just for the sake of arguing, in my experience. If it was a good forum, that was before I ever checked it out. ...Which is possible.

I have certain forums I prefer, but~ lately I've been enjoying guilds more than the actual forums.
Have you guys ever heard of trolling? I believe that was a little context troll and you took the bait razz As for me, I like Q&A (at certain times). It's just my most preferred forum is all. I really don't like GD or CB, ED is always TL;DR, and every other forum is just boring.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Elemental Doll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:09 pm
I am more of a guild-oriented person, I rarely visit the forums. The last time I visited the forums, it was to help a person with family issues.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:11 pm
maui boy no ka oi
sdrawkcab

Have you guys ever heard of trolling? I believe that was a little context troll and you took the bait razz As for me, I like Q&A (at certain times). It's just my most preferred forum is all. I really don't like GD or CB, ED is always TL;DR, and every other forum is just boring.

Just realize there is a very large difference between Trolling and simply being rude and argumentative. Trolls usually are quite intelligent and have an extended and literate vocabulary. Lately I've noticed a huge amount of people being called Trolls when the proper allocation would be ignorant, or a "Wanna-be Troll" if you will.  

Echo of Memnoch

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:14 pm
In order to troll properly, you need to be intelligent. But as you said, there are a lot of people who are just asses in GD so no matter how many intellectuals you may have in GD, it will be outweighed by the pure amount of a** there.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:53 am
zOMG! And the Graduation forum when it was there.
I don't post in most forums; sometimes I lurk in ED and GCD but that's about it.  

x_komal_x

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:19 pm
XD I didn't take it as trolling. Trolls try to incite great emotional responses, usually trying to enrage people. I just found his comment to be humorous and slightly ironic. I liked it. :}

XD And I agree with you guys. I've seen way too many wannabe trolls/flamers lately. I recently answered someone's question they posted in an outdated guide. They asked if it still worked. I told them no. The thread was old and the sponsorship had been over for about two years.
Someone else butted in, asked me if I was on crack and told me to get my head out of my a** because the thread wasn't that old.
Uh. Yes it was. I politely pointed out the time the first post was made. The girl told me to not be so rude and apologized for the post her "sister" made. :/

She could have just stated that she thought the thread wasn't that old, but nope, she had to add the a** and crack remarks. The forums are full of everyone who thinks they earn cool marks by insulting others and using swear words. I know this is Gaia, but I'm in a phase where I'm avoiding the forums because the maturity levels are just... well... I got tired of rolling my eyes. XD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:46 pm
Well, I like the RP (roleplay) forums and the Breedables/Changeables forums. Also the Art Request forums C: Sometimes you find trolls and generally rude people in places like the CB and the GD forums, and while those people are everywhere on gaia, I find people to be more reasonable in the forums I hang around in xD  

SPAWNTANEOUS ASPLOSION

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 pm
numbahX1Xnobody
Well, I like the RP (roleplay) forums and the Breedables/Changeables forums. Also the Art Request forums C: Sometimes you find trolls and generally rude people in places like the CB and the GD forums, and while those people are everywhere on gaia, I find people to be more reasonable in the forums I hang around in xD
I love the art forums. Well, i've mostly hung out in various art shops or art freebie threads. The people are always so nice in those forums. I like hanging out in there, but I don't want to be like, "Yeah I'm hanging out in your shop but not ordering anything." I also don't want to make people draw freebies for me.. so.. I don't want to keep appearing in random freebie threads. xD I've thought about the freebie forum a lot lately though. I need to go back to it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:51 pm
lnvictus
I find the people [on GD] to be far more intellectual and polite than in CB [...] or ED

Good one. xd

Anyways, I tend to frequent the Music/Metal forum and, lately, the FIFA World Cup forum.  

Woutan Kuunsuru

Rockefor

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:55 pm
I rather not go around the forums,i tend to stay around at the guild. smile  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff