Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
Alice in Wonderland Day - Oxford Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:47 am
~Advice from a Caterpillar~

Posting this in both Wonderland guilds...

Alice's Day

Website

This is unfair... I really want to go but the 10th is my sister's birthday! I'm only four hours away from Oxford... that isn't too long! o.o

I would of cosplayed too... *sighs*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 am
Aww that is totally unfair. I wish they had something like that where I live. I would love to have a whole day dedicated to Alice in wonderland with birthday celebrations and tea parties.  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:01 pm

My sister says I should go there anyway... but... its like her 18th birthday on the 10th.

Does sound fun though; I've never been to Oxford before.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:37 pm
Oh wow... this sounds so amazing! I'd love to go... but... there's an ocean between us! *pines*

But wow, this is so cool... I love the idea! You should go with your sister! Since it's such a wonderful celebration and all. ^^

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:35 am

Yeah that ocean gets in the way a lot... >_> *Wants to go to Disneyland California.*

My sister loves Alice in Wonderland but she doesn't like long journeys... especially as I'd probably have to take the train.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:31 pm
That ocean is in my way too. They should really incorporate Alice Day to more countries for all the Alice in Wonderland fans.

Maybe you could go with a friend who loves Alice in wonderland as much as you do. Maybe someone who won't mind the trip.  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:57 pm
Ahhh... I see. >__< Well pbbt, that's no fun. Long journeys can be a real drag...

Yeah, I'd love for them to do stuff like this in other countries... I'm sure they'd have a wonderful turnout. Then again, I guess no place could be as gung-ho about it as there... it makes the most sense. x_x But still..!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:46 am

Yeah England is pretty eccentric sometimes... <_< >_>

It would be awesome if they held Alice in Wonderland events for other countries too though, I agree. There are so many fans out there.

A worldwide Alice in Wonderland Day! Everyone could cosplay! Callooh Callay!

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:41 pm
Tehe, I love England. ^__^

I agree! A world wide event would be amazing! I mean, they have designates celebrations for other random things, like squirrels, for God's sake... why not Alice in Wonderland? And with the world-wide appeal it seems like it would have a good turn out! ^_^

Ah, I'd love to take pictures of an event like that. *_* It would be so amazing to see everyone in costume..! XD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I knoooow, it would be so awesome. o.o I need to make a proper AiW cosplay.

BTW love the avatar. XD Also want to ask as you use it a lot, do you think my avi would look good with the Scarlet Mist lipstick? I've been contemplating buying one.

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:07 pm
I knooooow! I'd love to see it be like a huge event, and local artists could all come out to sell Alice in Wonderland related merch and everything would be beautiful and happy! *___*

...do want! >__<

Oh, thankies! Oooh... well, I think it would. Your avie's got lots of little hints of black throughout; I think having the black lips would be a good balance. That's what I use them for, anyway. XD You could always check it through tektek to see how it would look, just to size the thing up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:10 am

lol! Beautiful and happy indeed! XD And everything would be Wonderland-ish and we wouldn't have to worry about reality for a while! o.o

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It does look quite nice, I might buy one... but I'm questing art at the moment and that can take a lot of Gaia gold.

Azure Caterpillar

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:46 pm
SO lets suppose other countries did have an Alice in Wonderland day...

what kind of events do you think they'd have during the day
what kind of food/drinks would they serve?
Would they require people to dress up?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:10 am

Hard question, could be a number of things really. Maybe some crazy Caucus Race or huge Tea Party. Lots of games and competitons and a play of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. For food it would be like Eat me/Drink me cakes and drinks etc. Oh and tea of course! People wouldn't be required to dress up, but it would be encouraged!

Stuff like that. XD

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:59 pm
Tehe, you should, Azure!

Oooh... well, I think the events would have to be constantly changing, since so many people have so many different interpretations of Alice in Wonderland that attracted them/drew them to the celebration of the original. But yeah, having things from the books would be awesome... someone with crazy good organization skills would have to be in charge of it, though, because I'd think stuff like that could get out of hand fast. XD

And tea would have to be a must. XD I can see it being such an ordeal; it would promote tiny tea shops everywhere in any area it was held in! (Why do I feel like I'm pitching this? XD) I would love to see tea experts who know their stuff doling out the tea... and, of course, selling their wares.

Hmm... you know, I would completely comply with dress required. It would be so cool if everyone dressed up in some way, even if it was in Victorian dress or something. Or maybe it would just be very pretty... either way, I'm a fan. XD But, of course, there could be costume contests... most inventive, most unusual, most accurate (though to what degree of accuracy would be up for debate, I suppose...)...

I can just imagine squeeing over all the moms bringing their little daughters to the event dressed up like Alice. Nothing would be cuter then seeing those real life Alices be blown away by a recreated Wonderland! *nodnod*

All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff