Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:40 pm
A New Home for Evangeline

Welcome! This is a rehoming contest for this lovely holiday lopunny. Interested? Read on for details.

User Image

Why am I doing this?

During the Eevee Swarm RP Event I spent some time getting to know most of my team but nothing seemed to click with my lopunny Evangeline. Rather than keep her as sig candy I'd like her to go to someone who does have the inspiration to RP and develop her as she deserves.

I'd like this to be an in character transfer from my watcher Tygress(Tyg) to your trainer. Tyg is seeking someone for Evangeline because she realizes the lopunny is not recieving the attention she deserves. Mostly this is because of the demands of the other two females in the party, Peanut and Eden, both of whom are devoted to Tyg and expect a large amount of the same attention in return.

How to apply. Respond to both sections below.

1. In character introduce yourself and convince Tyg and her team that you're the right trainer for Evangeline. (Tyg's a watcher so you could run into her pretty much anywhere)
2. What are your plans for Evangeline? What's your inspiration for her personality and her future?

[b]Your Name:[/b]
[b]Trainer's Name[/b]:
[b]Part 1 response:[/b]
[b]Part 2 response[/b]:

Starts: NOW
Ends: Sunday July 11th 8pm EST

Rules
1. Anyone is free to enter whether you have no pokemon or a dozen.
2. Keep posts here limited to questions and entries.
3. Since this is an IC transfer I'd prefer that she keeps her name or you have a very strong story behind a change.
4. No further roleplay of the transfer is required past your entry but if you'd like we can fully play out the transfer if you choose upon winning the contest. Any other future rp with us would also be awesome but is not required.

Thanks for you interest and I look forward to reading your entries!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:54 pm
Post any questions here or PM me smile

question
A we allowed to control your character a bit?

Answer
A little bit just to establish the meeting and that Tyg's shared the fact that she's looking for a new home for Eva.  

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

DJ SnowKat

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:34 am
Your Name: DJ SnowKat
Trainer's Name: Flint Harven
Part 1 response:Flint had been in town for while now and thought it was about time he got back on the road and was going around getting some last minute things before he left. As he passed a dark ally way he heard something moving around. Out of curiosity he peered down the alleyway but saw nothing, as he was about to turn around and continue on his way, something shifted in the corner and he saw the two bright yellow eyes of a Pokemon. As he moved nearer to the Pokemon he could see that it was a Lopunny, and the poor thing was clearly frightened. He pulled some Poffins out of his bag and offered them to her, shyly and nervously she took them eating them quickly " there, see, im not gonna hurt ya" he said in a calm voice. The Lopunny stared at him for a long moment before calming down " do you have a trainer? are you lost?" he asked and the pokemon nodded her head 'yes' to both questions. flint smiled and stood up " then lets go find your trainer, ill help you" he says standing up and walking a few feet away. He looked back to see if she was following and indeed she was. He smiled and continued walking. They walked to the pokemon center looking everywhere for the Lopunny's trainer, finally they arrived at the Pokemon center and as they entered the Lopunny saw someone and dashed over to her, crying out in relief. Flint smiled and walked over to the girl the Lopunny had run to " i found her in an alley while i was shopping and i wanted to make sure she got back with her trainer, just in case their were more rockets about, so your her trainer?" he asks. Tyg nods " that's right, though i'm trying to find a new trainer for her, i just cant give her all the attention that she deserves." flint blinks in surprise " oh really? well if you wanted, i could take her, i've only got one other pokemon and that's my Tauros, Rush, hes pretty independent so he dosent need or want a whole lot of attention, so i have plenty time to give her the attention you want her to have."

Part 2 response: Flint will care very much for her, he has a thing for cute pokemon xD i don't have much in the way of plans/plots but they will definitely come. as for my inspiration for her personality, i think shell be overall a sweet pokemon but somewhat of an attention whore, demanding attention from whoever she can get it from.

note: sorry it took so long, i got halfway through writing the first one when i had a new idea that i liked better, that happened like twice xD this is the third version. also, i think ill be on vacation when this is judged, so if i win id appreciate it if you pm'd me ^^ im leaving on the 6th of July and i dunno if ill be here or not on the 11th  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:31 am
Your Name: ~InfinityTrust~
Trainer's Name: Dolors Foster
Part 1 response:
Dolors sat happily on the branch of a tree, scanning the skies with a pair of orange binoculars. She was constantly relaxed and had only a bag of snacks beside her. Today Dolors had no intention of capturing a Pokemon; she was there purely for enjoying bird watching. Though after a while, it did get just a little boring. Tired of looking at the same old Pidgeys, she lowered her gaze towards the grass floor.

Out and about were trainers and their Pogeys. It made Dolors feel a bit lonely. If she had a bud to keep her company, they would do all sorts of things like fishing, painting, and shopping-- battling too of course. No worries though! She had her paper and pencil to keep her busy. Looking around she spotted a Pogey she had not drawn yet. Whipping out her pocket-sized sketch book and pencil she began to briefly sketch out the Lopunny. Once she got to adding details to her eyes though she stopped. They seemed a tad… lonely. Dolors knew lonely eyes when she saw them. Despite her care-free attitude she saw a pair in the mirror every morning.

Caught of guard Dolors realized a Spearow was attacking her snacks, currently struggling to rip off a wrapper Gahhh!! She panicked. Normally Dolors wouldn’t have minded, and would share, but she couldn’t this time for sure when there were foods in there that could make the Spearow sick.
“Go on! Shoo! That’s not go- GAH!”
Dolors suddenly fell backwards and out of the tree, taking her snacks down with her. The Spearow flew away, and the Lopunny and her trainer came rushing over.
“Are you alright?” Dolors was about to shake her head but nodded instead. She couldn’t bother a stranger over a bump on her head. She glanced around and realized something was missing. My pokedex!! She quickly scavenged through the candy bars for the sketchbook, before realizing it lay open in front of Tyg. “Cute drawing, do you take an interest in Eva?” Dolors tilted her head to the side, listening as the trainer explained that she was looking for a trainer to transfer the Pogey to.

Brushing her knees as she stood up, Dolors flicked her bangs to the side, trying to be cool. “Well, I don’t know for sure if I’m the best person to be her trainer, but I do know I’m right for the job. I’ve never had a Pogey before, but trust me when I say I’ve done my research.” She knelt down again to gather up her snacks and book with, “and trust me when I say I have all the time in the world to give to her.” She snapped back up with a grin, “your decision though! Here’s my email, so message me with an answer. Gotta go, bye!”

Part 2 response:
First off, I plan to call her Eve instead of Eva. xD There’s an annoying girl I know IRL that I’d rather not think of every time I rped. Second… I’d prolly rp Evangeline as a quiet and tranquil Lopunny. Someone who is patient with Dolors’s personality and appreciative of all the recreational activities she’d have to endure. I can see her being a very insightful gal that holds herself more like a retired and experienced Pokemon rather than a spring chicken. Of course that doesn’t mean she doesn’t battle, just not that often.
My inspiration for this? Uhhh... Jay and Silent Bob. :V Dolors is the chattery robin while Evangeline rarely speaks, though when she does it's usually a thoughtful and helpful comment.  

~InfinityTrust~

ChibiPoet

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Trader 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:24 am
Your Name: ChibiPoet
Trainer's Name: Heather Dalmithe
Part 1 response:
The woods at the back of her house were normally thick and imposing, but not so anymore! A young girl only a little dirt smudged sat back and admired her handy work. The row of flowers and bushes would grow to be a beautiful divider between the large yard and the wild wood. A row of stakes marked where a fence would be put in, but it would be mostly hidden by the pretty plants. As an aspiring grass type breeder, Heather wanted to make sure any charges in her care felt at home but were also safe.

Heather jolted to attention when she thought she heard some rustling and a voice from within the trees. "Who's there!" Heather gripped her garden hoe, not really the best of weapons. Especially since she'd never used it in that capacity before. Her home was near the edge of town, she didn't like the hustle and bustle of a city. Even one as small as Katarina. Being at the edge of town also meant she had seen a few wild pokémon out and about. So far none had ventured too close to the house, but she still worried at times.

Before long a girl with a trio of pokémon came through the trees right behind her neat little row of bushes. "Oh!" The four of them looked a bit tired, but somehow happy. The girl scanned the yard and looked surprised. "Guess we got off course, didn't mean to startle you."

Heather put on her best hostess smile, "Not at all. Would you care for something to drink? It's nice and cool inside. You and your pokémon can take a rest here." She got a better look at the three as they went by, a Luxio - or was it a Luxray? - an Eevee, and a Lopunny. The electric type and the Eevee clung to either side of the girl while the Lopunny trailed behind.

Once inside Heather got out two plates - one with cookies and one with special pokémon treats. "Would you like water or punch?" she asked while getting out the glasses. She took a seat at the round, wooden table with an old looking lace table cloth and poured two glasses of punch.

"It's so rare to see people come out of those woods, instead of pokémon. Do you travel the woods often?" Heather kept the girl engaged in small talk while she and her pokémon rested travel weary feet. She learned the girl's name was Tyg and she was a Watcher with quite a few adventures under her belt. Heather enjoyed stories of adventure, but felt no inclination to have one herself. When ever she wasn't looking directly at Tyg, her attention split between the Eevee and the Lopunny. Electric types had never interested her, part of why she wasn't even sure how evolved the one Tyg had was.

Tyg finished the story of her most recent adventure and cast an eye toward Evangeline, the Lopunny. She was at Heather's feet letting the girl rub the back of her long, soft ears. Heather didn't notice the look of inspiration in Tyg's eyes when she changed the subject.

"Actually, my recent travels have had me wondering about a new home for Evangeline." Heather's hand briefly stopped and then she continued her petting. "I think she might like a more settled life, one where she doesn't have to constantly fight for attention." Heather's pulse quickened. Could she be about to suggest what she thought?

"I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to look after sweet Evangeline," Heather said. She tried not to sound too hopeful, after all they had just met. But she didn't know that from the start Tyg had been watching how Heather interacted with her pokémon and had noticed that she was a caring girl and quite taken with her Eva. She had waited until she could be sure that Eva also liked this pink haired girl and her cozy little house, and sitting as she was and letting the girl pet her had been sign enough.

"Eva, do you think you'd like to stay here?" Heather gasped and looked down at the sweet Lopunny at her feet. The Lopunny was torn for a bit, she cared about her Tyg but also wished to be more settled. This girl gave good pettings and had a nice place to live. She also liked the pretty yard and the smell of the newly turned soil. She nuzzled Heathers hand. "Lop-lop."

"Well, so long as you're both agreeable to it..." Tyg paused and both Heather and Eva nodded their agreement. "Well, it's settled." She reached into her pack. "This is Eva's pokéball," she placed it on the table and also pulled out a few of Eva's favorite toys and treats. "Come on Peanut. Eden. We've got to get moving before we loose more daylight."

Heather quickly wrapped the rest of the cookies into a napkin. "You're welcome to come by whenever you like, Tyg. I'm sure Eva would still like to see you and I would enjoy hearing about your adventures."

"You can count on it," Tyg said with a grin. "At the least, I'll want to make sure Eva's happy." The sun was sitting just above the tree tops when Tyg made her way back into the woods. Heather waved, beside her Eva waved also. When they were out of sight, Heather went back to the door. "Come on, let me show you around your new home."

Part 2 response:
Heather is going to be a plant-type breeder, but also wants somepogey who can help out around her home and for protection. She'd like a cute and strong normal type for this and Eva fits the bill perfectly. Eva would be the quiet, nurturing type with strong maternal instincts. She isn't too clingy, but does get set in her ways and likes when things go according to a schedule. When that schedule gets upset then she does seem a bit needy. When Heather (hopefully) gets some other pokémon, Eva will be partly responsible for looking out for them and she brooks no mischief.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:32 am
Your Name: Azael_Rose
Trainer's Name: Azael (Not necessarily original but Azael is my persona where ever I go)
Part 1 response:

It was another wonderfully warm day, perfect for those headed out on the road, but not for Azael. The young woman was stuck behind the counter of the local pokemart, stocking inventory. She had never gotten the chance to receive her first pogey, though she had tried her fair share of times. For now she resigned herself to working around trainers and their pokemon.

The door buzzed as a customer left, then just a few seconds later buzzed again as more people entered. Azael kept her attention on the boxes she was stacking, knowing eventually they'd make their way over. "Yes, I know. This is for you, Eden, and this for you, Peanut. Now is everyone happy?" The voice grew louder, with exasperation coming soon.

Azael stood up, the inventory now safely put away. She saw the owner of that voice, a female pokemon trainer with three pokemon at her feet. One, a lopunny with a delicate sprig of mistletoe behind one ear, stood off away from her more energetic companions. She understood that feeling and smiled sympathetically.

The trainer noticed the mart employee and walked over. She placed some items on the counter, "We'd like to buy this and a few of those treats." She pointed behind Azael at a display on the wall.

"Of course." She turned and grabbed two bags. "Is this all for you?"

The customer turned to her pokemon trio, she raised her eyebrow at two of them. "I think this will be it." She turned and dropped her bag on the counter and began fishing through it. "Goodness those two are just full of energy lately, always needing something...from me. Poor Evangeline hasn't been getting enough attention." She motioned at the reserved lopunny that was peering at a pokeball display.

Azael nodded. "Ahh, it must be tough with three. Though I personally wouldn't know...I've still yet to get my first pokemon companion." She concentrated at ringing up the items, eyes averted. The last thing she wanted to do was get teary-eyed in front of a customer.

"Oh?" The trainer stopped looking in her bag and peered at the cashier. It wasn't unusual for people to not have a pokemon companion, not everyone was a trainer. But it was what she said that stood out. "You want to be a trainer?"

Azael looked up and smiled. "Well it's much more than that. I want to try my hand at everything I can. Hopefully one day that will help me become a professor." She laughed, even to her it sounded like a childhood fantasy - even though it was.

"Hmm..." A few minutes passed as Azael finished ringing up the items. The trainer didn't say a word but seemed to be deep in thought, tossing an idea back and forth in her head.

"There you go. That's 5619."

She handed her the money and took her bag of treats. She glanced down at her trio then stared at the lopunny. Turning back to the woman behind the counter, "I uhh... don't even know your name..."

"It's Azael," She smiled.

"Azael. I'm Tyg. You see...I've been thinking of giving Evangeline a new home. A home where she would get the attention she deserves."

She couldn't help but remark. "She would definitely get that from me. There is no one else to compete with."

Tyg nodded in approvement. Even Evangeline seemed to perk up at the conversation. "There's no doubt there. But I don't know..."

The hope that had been building inside of Azael, slowly seeped away. The whole scenario was too good to be true anyways. "I understand. We've just met and you don't know me. If I was in your place I would be feeling the same."

Tyg nodded and walked towards the door. In just a few steps, Azael would lose the first real chance she had at a life she had always wanted. "Wait!" She came around from the counter. "I know in my heart I could be the perfect trainer for her. I can prove it to you if I come with you." She felt her eyes well up, tears threatening to fall, "If it doesn't work out then no harm done right?"

It might have been the quavering in Azael's voice, the tears glistening in the corner of her eyes or perhaps the sheer determination in her voice that convinced her... "Alright."

Part 2 response:

I decided to go literally with the prompt response and have my character try to convince her of what a good trainer she could be, and so I was thinking that Azael and Evangeline could begin their adventure alongside Tyg and her pokemon to better prove the pair are a good match. (The actual rp wouldn't have to be long of course)

Evangeline is as versatile as Azael and the two will be going, doing everything together. Battle, contests, traveling, relaxing, observing, studying... you name it; the two will be inseparable.

Perhaps it's also partly due to Evangeline's personality; as she often comes off cold or distant. In reality 'Geline is just a very sweet and good-hearted lopunny who has trouble conveying that instantly to people and pogeys she just meets.

Azael will help her find other pogeys that she will be able to befriend, maybe some that are not too sensitive... The two are very much alike in personalities.

Azael_Rose

Festive Hunter

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:53 pm
This was so hard. You all had great entries with interesting potential trainers. There was something to peek my interest in all of them but in the end, with the help of my hubby, a decision has been made.

Evangeline will be moving forward with

~InfinityTrust~
Trainer's Name: Dolors Foster

If you'd like to rp the transfer just PM me, though of course its not required.

Thanks for the entries everyone, they were a pleasure to read. I hope to have the chance to rp with you sometime!  
Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games