Submit

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 pm

User Image
Dream Weaver motioned to the foxbun to gather some of the mushrooms that were by the stream. He had been a gift from her mother, and had proven quite useful. She was trying to mix a waking dream concoction - one in which the real world took a spin towards crazy. It was a popular one, and easy to make. Just a few mushrooms, some morning glory, maybe a little woodrose - and perfection!

She didn't tend to take the stuff herself- she preferred to analyze or dream while she slept.

The mush that she had on the rock would harden into a cake, and then just a lick or two for the desired effects. Some had even eaten a corner of it, which didn't turn out too bad.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:50 pm
User ImageFish Bone's had just spotted a nest full of baby birds and was creeping toward it for a snack, when a flash of orange darted past his feet. Attention grabbed the green buck tracks the movement to find a foxbun. Something seemed a bit odd about this one, well two things really. First, it's coloring reminded Fish Bones of some of the fish he's seen swimming in various streams. Second, it was gathering mushrooms, and not the safe to eat kind. Nor was it eating them, instead just plucking them. Silently he watches, and when the foxbun darts off again he follows.

Keeping up with the small creature is a bit hard, what with it darting in small spaces. However, the foxbun's burden makes moving hard for it as well. Keeping the creature in sight, Fish Bones wonders why it had collected the mushrooms. A question he'll find answer to soon enough, even if he doesn't realize it yet. Too late, he sees the foxbun had led him into a clearing, and it's not empty either. Standing there is a brown doe. "Oh, hello. Is this your foxbun?"

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:56 pm
Musing silently to herself, Dream Weaver wondered if she should add some berries for a colored effect. The mixture was currently an ugly puce color, but some red berries might change that a little. Liven it up, maybe.

But before she could change that thought into a command, she realized her dear Fish Sticks had brought a visitor with him.

"Yes, he is my foxbun. A gift, from my mother. May I ask who you are?"

She was cautious by design, especially when concocting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:12 pm
"I'm Fish Bones, and, uh, sorry to intrude. I was just wondering why he'd gathered mushrooms?" The question is asked in a very undemanding way. As much as the buck wants to know, he doesn't want to be rude about it.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:23 pm
So he was just a curious buck who had strayed to far from the path? Well, she could entertain him for a while.

"I am Dream Weaver, and I am making a mixture that brings waking dreams. It is not quite ready yet, though."

With a quick tilt of the head and tap of the hoof, the foxbun was off again, into the jungle to find some berries.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:18 pm
He cocks his head, looking questioningly at the mixture. "What are waking dreams?"  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:23 pm
He was a curious buck who had not seen much of the swamp, obviously! She would have to enlighten him, then.

"Waking dreams," she started, "are when you are awake but the swamp becomes like a dream to you - and only you. Some kimeti see animals talking to them, or trees, or just see lights dancing around."

She paused, mulling over her next thought.

"Each kimeti is different, and as no two have the same name, no two have the same waking dream."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:02 pm
"I've never.. oh wait. There was that one time a friend gave me.." He pauses, trying to remember. "Well I dunno what it was, but it made us see things that could not have been real." He smiles at a half remembered thing. It had been every color of the rainbow, in fact had started as one before twisting itself into various animals. "It was a rather interesting experience." He eyes the paste again wondering out loud, as much to her as himself. "Do these dreams hold importance?"  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:49 pm
Knot thought about the answer for a moment before gathering the strands that would make it up.

"For some kimeti, the dreams are only that-dreams. Sometimes, however, the dreams hold very significant meaning," she paused for emphasis, "as if they were sent by the Motherfather itself!"

She studied the buck for a moment, and continued, "I am Dream Weaver, and on the occasion that a dream is sent, I do what I can to weave the meaning. That rarely happens though. The Motherfather has been quiet recently."

Her foxbun had returned, and she began to mix the berries into the paste, turning it a bright orange.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 pm
"How does one know they need their dreams woven, and it's not just an idle daydream?" he asks, trying to puzzle this out. His friend, the same one who gave him the hallucinogen, often daydreamed. So far as Fish Bone's could tell Golden-Spider had never had one of importance. And now that he thought of it, neither had he.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:56 pm
"If they have come looking for my service in that specific manner, then I know it has importance. Or if the dream does not sit well with them, or if they feel themselves it has importance." She continued mixing the paste, spreading it out evenly on the rock.

"Every dream has some modicum of meaning, whether it is life changing or not depends on the Motherfather. It gives us our dreams and I do what I can to translate. Maybe I am right, or maybe I am wrong, but I offer what little comfort I can."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:17 pm
The more he talks to this doe, the more questions she answer, the more questions Fish Bones has. Each answer only partially relieves his confusion, but with it brings new questions like why and how. "I see." Said in a somewhat confused voice, showing that he does not see. At least as fully as Dream Weaver. "Thank you for taking the time to answer them." Confused he may be, but Fish Bones doesn't wish to waste any more of the doe's time. "Have a good day." With that, he turns and walks back the way he came.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

[.Lady of Shalott.]

9,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 pm
The buck turned and left, certainly more confused than when he arrived. Hers was a confusing art, but a satisfying one. She watched him, for as far as she could, and wondered what had brought him to her, and whether he had been satisfied, or if it was the Motherfather who would be satisfied.

It would be hard to tell, but maybe her dreams would tell her tonight. Or perhaps, only he would know in his dreams. She had a fickle fancy, the swamp.

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games