Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Aphrodite Inquiry...Quitting Gaia Giving away all my items! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:23 pm
HadesPluto
Dionysus or Bacchus
Javier Cross
HadesPluto
Mnemosyne Moneta
Aphrodite and Dionysus watching their follow ups, and my thoughts on giving the gods amnesia.

I could probably make Athena pregnant with Ares child, though she would probably try to kill me after that.

Ahhhh I see.

Really, now? You'd better not.

I wonder why would the lady Aphrodite do that, though?

Please don't do it, milady! gonk
If you must do it, try to get Lady Persephone pregnant by his majesty of the underworld, instead, please???

Pfft, I don't think all the fertility magic in the world could help with that. Comes with the job title I hear.

stare Jeez, thanks for announcing it to the world, Dionysus....

Don't blame me, it's all we fertility gods talk about at our monthly get-togethers. That and how scary Thanatos is. Right Phro' ?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:20 am
Dionysus or Bacchus
HadesPluto
Dionysus or Bacchus
Javier Cross
HadesPluto
Mnemosyne Moneta
Aphrodite and Dionysus watching their follow ups, and my thoughts on giving the gods amnesia.

I could probably make Athena pregnant with Ares child, though she would probably try to kill me after that.

Ahhhh I see.

Really, now? You'd better not.

If you must do it, try to get Lady Persephone pregnant by his majesty of the underworld, instead, please???

Pfft, I don't think all the fertility magic in the world could help with that. Comes with the job title I hear.

Don't blame me, it's all we fertility gods talk about at our monthly get-togethers. That and how scary Thanatos is. Right Phro' ?

Hmm.... Oh yeah! totally.... as if  

Lenimph

HadesPluto

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:38 pm
Aphrodite Philopannyx
Dionysus or Bacchus
HadesPluto
Dionysus or Bacchus
Javier Cross

DAMMIT! I HEARD THAT, APHRODITE!! scream
why do I even bother any more....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:32 pm
HadesPluto
Aphrodite Philopannyx
Dionysus or Bacchus
HadesPluto
Dionysus or Bacchus
Javier Cross

DAMMIT! I HEARD THAT, APHRODITE!! scream
why do I even bother any more....

You really don't, do you?  

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:15 pm
I honestly don't understand why you're so embarrassed about that, Hades.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:56 pm
Besides now days the mortals are fighting fertility anyway. Think of it as a gift. *smirk*  

Lenimph

Lenimph

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:40 pm
This is an announcement of sorts... upon being reasonably demoted ( I guess I don't understand why I'm no longer part of the crew at all without any sort of warning) I have decided to quit gaia online and give all my items away to one lucky guild member.

Last time I checked my items were worth at least a million gold... I don't know how their doing in the market now days but yeah.

2nd place gets my spare 40k of gold.

Anyway to win these items you have to write a paragraph or 2 about Aphrodite, whether you respect her or not and why.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:12 pm
Aphrodite Philopannyx
This is an announcement of sorts... upon being reasonably demoted ( I guess I don't understand why I'm no longer part of the crew at all without any sort of warning) I have decided to quit gaia online and give all my items away to one lucky guild member.

Last time I checked my items were worth at least a million gold... I don't know how their doing in the market now days but yeah.

Anyway to win these items you have to write a paragraph or 2 about Aphrodite, whether you respect her or not and why.

Greek Goddess Aphrodite is so great and I respect her dearly.She is my favorite goddess in Greek mythology because she is the goddess of love and beauty (something I wish I had).I really wish her beauty would rub off on me because it would make my life easier.Also she is an inspiration for being beautiful because you get what you want (I mean anything).Well thats what I think of Oh Powerful Aphrodite and I hope I get pick for this give away.  

sushi-boy97

7,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:13 pm
I would say one has to respect her, after the whole Golden Apple incident. After all, she proved that she knows the desires of mortals better than any other. Paris turned down Hera's offer of fame and power, and a kingdom to rule. He turned down Athena's offer of wisdom surpassing the gods. Aphrodite knew exactly what to offer, though. The most beautiful woman in the world. And she used this influence to win the contest, no matter the consequences. Any goddess with that much direct and immediate influence on mortals is a power to be respected.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:19 am
Aphrodite Philopannyx

Aphrodite ( Ἀφροδίτη ) is both to be respected and disrespected.
One thing I respect about her is that her powers of love, beauty, and sexuality is very envious.. We can make ourselves look good and make anyone we want to fall in love with us. However, her disadvantage is that she has caused conflict in the world of man and god for eons because no one could resist her charisma.  

forecourts

Lenimph

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:13 pm
Hmm new rule... I've decided i wont give away anything unless I get 10 responses.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:22 am
Maybe they don't want to see you go.

I do have one bit of advice, though. Make one outfit, and keep it. That way if you want to come back some day, you'll have something to wear. 3nodding  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Lenimph

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:21 am
Mylian

I do have one bit of advice, though. Make one outfit, and keep it. That way if you want to come back some day, you'll have something to wear. 3nodding

I don't really have much of an interest in gaia anymore... it's not the same place I joined .... 5 years ago... confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:44 am
Aphrodite Philopannyx
Mylian

I don't really have much of an interest in gaia anymore... it's not the same place I joined .... 5 years ago... confused

Yeah, I was here in '03, so I know about change. But who knows what you'll feel like in the future? Maybe after a year or two gone you might want to see what the place has turned into.

And keeping one outfit on means those who knew you and want to look you up aren't seeing your avatar in its underwear forevermore. xd  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

Dark-Hunteress Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:47 am
Aphrodite Philopannyx

Ἀφροδίτη (Áphroditē) Aphrodite Goddess of love and beauty. Although married to Hephaestus she had many lovers, most notably Ares. She was depicted as a beautiful woman usually accompanied by her son Eros. Her symbols include the dove, apple, rose, scallop shell and myrtle wreath. Her sacred animal is the dove.
I love Aphrodite for she is the goddess of love and who can not love her. Her beauty is equal to none. I respect her for the simpal facked that in my oppenen that she does not hate she only loves.  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff