Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Aphrodite Inquiry...Quitting Gaia Giving away all my items! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lenimph

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:44 pm
wahmbulance Annoucement! wahmbulance
Upon being reasonably demoted for what I assume was inactivity (even though I've been busy with classes confused ) I have decided to quit gaia online and give all my items away to one lucky guild member.

Last time I checked my items were worth at least a million gold... I don't know how their doing in the market now days but yeah.

2nd place gets my spare 40k of gold.

Anyway to win these items you have to write a paragraph or 2 about Aphrodite, whether you respect her or not and why.

User Image

According to Hesiod, I, Aphrodite, was born when Uranus (the father of the gods) was castrated by his son Cronus. Cronus threw the severed "parts" into the ocean which began to churn and foam about them. From the aphros ("sea foam") I arose, and the sea carried me to either Cyprus or Cythera, (They say the people where so stunned by my beauty they forgot where they were.) Although it sounds crude artists and storytellers try their at best to truly glorify my birth quite often and frequently, and who cannot blame them as the Goddess of love, beauty and sexual rapture I am their stimulation.

Homer tells the tale that I am the daughter of Zeus and Dione, (which is complete rubbish, he needs to stick to his war stories) and Plato even said that there was two of me; trying to combine Hesiod's and Homer's tales (crazy mortals).

Anyway I really only have one job to pertain to and that is... the continuation of the human race. Although some get that confused with staring at the mirror all day (these specific mortals might have to find deliverance in a little blue pill, or may find some warts in some unsightly places). But I do more then find the comforts of the couch, with my sons the Erotes we bring lavish love to the world (and lots of mischief), some credit me with starting the Trojan war (is it really my fault that I simply know how to seduce a man into giving me a prize? We all know Hera has specific issues with that, and Athena... she wouldn't even take her helmet off. Frankly, I didn't even have to try! Talk about sore losers, I was just doing my job uniting Paris and Helen as lovers... ) I've hunted with my lovers and I've been known to protect a sailor or two, (why do you think it took Odysseus so long to return to Ithaca? I don't even think Athena knows how to swim.)

I had quite a number of lovers for a woman to proclaim to keeping, but the most notorious of them are Ares and Adonis (who is pictured above).

My son Aeneas found Rome... and what can I say the apple (golden perhaps) does not fall from the tree. The Romans knew how to live and to them I was their mother Goddess Venus and often celebrated me in the highest fashion.

So go ahead and ask me questions...  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:28 pm
So Great Aunty Aphrodite, however do you get your hair that straight?  

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100

Lenimph

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:56 pm
Dionysus or Bacchus

I have very manageable hair due to my divine baths of course.

... And there's no need to call me your Aunt, even if its more youthful then great grandmother...
Such a flatterer. lol  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:12 pm
Aphrodite Philopannyx
Dionysus or Bacchus

... And there's no need to call me your Aunt, even if its more youthful then great grandmother...
Such a flatterer. lol

That reminds me, poor Harmonia; her daughters never did find any happiness.  

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:18 pm
Dionysus or Bacchus
Aphrodite Philopannyx
Dionysus or Bacchus

Such a flatterer. lol

Um, are you forgetting one particular daughter? Namely, your mother Semele, who became the goddess Thyone after you yourself brought her back from Hades?  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:02 am
Akherontis
Dionysus or Bacchus
Aphrodite Philopannyx
Dionysus or Bacchus

Such a flatterer. lol

Um, are you forgetting one particular daughter? Namely, your mother Semele, who became the goddess Thyone after you yourself brought her back from Hades?

And my Ino became Leucothea at my request...  

Lenimph

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:28 am
Akherontis
Dionysus or Bacchus
Aphrodite Philopannyx
Dionysus or Bacchus

Such a flatterer. lol

If I was incinerated that would put a damper on the rest of my life, whether I became immortal or not; but hey, to each his own. Besides, who'd willingly live with dozens of self-centered gods?  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:07 am
What's your take on the trojan war?  

charaxxfallen

1,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200

Just A Stray Dog

5,025 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:37 pm
I have a question for you!
: o

From all the lovers you have ever had, have you ever been impregnated, or are you unable to get pregnant?  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:51 pm
charaxxfallen
What's your take on the trojan war?

scream The Achaeans took too many low blows, and Agamemnon and Menelaus where just using Helen as an excuse to start a war.

But really when push came to shove all I cared about was the well being of my Aeneas and the protection of Helen and Paris.

I gave Helen and Paris love, and with this men created war.
Ares thought it fun,
but I found it funnier watching his mother and sister whine about his alliance with Troy. xd
They may think they won, but seeing their jealousy and distress was more then I had hoped to win. lol  

Lenimph

Lenimph

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:01 pm
The Strange Shadow

From all the lovers you have ever had, have you ever been impregnated, or are you unable to get pregnant?

Of course I have had children! With Ares alone I had Phobos, Deimos, Harmonia...
And I could continue a list of geneology but thats what wikipedia is for.

I tell you though that my list of children and consorts pales in comparison to the male Olympians'.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:40 am
Aphrodite Philopannyx
The Strange Shadow

Of course I have had children! With Ares alone I had Phobos, Deimos, Harmonia...

I tell you though that my list of children and consorts pales in comparison to the male Olympians'.

Haaaaaaaa!!! She's never had any kids with Hephaistos!!!!
Wow... List of umm... FOA in greatest to least:
1. Ares
2. Dionysus
3. Hermes
Tie for 4. Herself????? ((Through Parthenogenesis))
Tie for 4. Poseidon
6. Anchises
Tie for last: Hephaistos and Adonis.  

joshleal

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200

Lenimph

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:19 pm
joshleal
Aphrodite Philopannyx
The Strange Shadow

1. Ares
2. Dionysus
3. Hermes
Tie for 4. Poseidon
6. Anchises

rolleyes You really found that so necessary?
And actually the Charites are usually considered Zeus and Eurynome's so that would actually put Dionysus in a tie with Anchises...
(btw I didn't know 6 followed 4!) whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:41 pm
Aphrodite Philopannyx
joshleal
Aphrodite Philopannyx
The Strange Shadow

1. Ares
2. Dionysus
3. Hermes
Tie for 4. Poseidon
6. Anchises

rolleyes You really found that so necessary?
And actually the Charites are usually considered Zeus and Eurynome's so that would actually put Dionysus in a tie with Anchises...
(btw I didn't know 6 followed 4!) whee

Pfft, damn straight. mrgreen  

Dionysus or Bacchus

5,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash