Chobi:
The evening sun was already dipping behind the horizon for the evening. Kaw was a little sad to see it go down so soon. She'd be having an amazing day so far and knew with the night coming that there was no promise the next day would be as grand as its yesterday before it. As a jackal life wasn't always so easy. Specially a jackal who 'worked alone'.

Sure at one point Kaw had family but not anymore. They hadn't died or forced her to leave her. No actually Kaw was certian that her family was alright getting along just fine. It wasn't that she got seperated either. Honestly, Kaw felt she could get on life on her own and brave the wild.

She certianly had given it her best shot, but for the most part she was only doing semi okay. The female was thinned now and her brilliant fur was matted and dirty.

The female sighed, thinking to her self why she had to be so stubborn all the time. Proving her self seemed to not be working out all that well. Today had been a good day but who knew what bad luck the next day could bring. Sigh.

Syr:
As the sun shimmered on his perfectly healthy white coat Kameo trotted along with a jump in his step and a smile on his maw. He hadn't travelled alone ever, after leaving his own family he had found a new one and though his family was strange and made up of several different creatures, it was still family.

Today as the sun sparkled out to a close he'd trotted away from his family to get a snack but he knew soon enough he would return to them and be in that shiny light that only family could create.

Chocolate eyes roamed the landscape falling upon the scraggly, but beautiful looking female jackal. "Hey, hey are you okay?" He smiles a charming wrinkled nose smile his tail giving a single wag as he trots up to the female without any fear or threat in his body language.

Chobi:

The female stiffened some at the greeting and concern from the other jackal. Kaw had not expected another jackal to come along. Her yellow eyes focused on the other.

The male seemed to be in quite good shape and in quite a good mood. Huh? Where had he come from? Kaw opened her maw for a moment and then closed it. Was there a jackal pack close by or something?

"I'm... Fine." Kaw finally answered the male after many moments, " Am I intruding?"

Syr:

The pale dog shakes his head lightly "No, not intruding, you just looked like you needed some help." he raises a brow moving anther step closer, she seemed nervous of him so he took on a more cautious approach now. "I'm just travelling through with my family, got a little peckish, you wanna come and eat with me?" He twitches his ears, she looked like she could use a good meal and a little TLC even if it was only for one night.

"I'm Kameo, by the way, whats your name?" He questions sitting carefully so that he was in a less threatening position to try and calm the pretty femme.

Chobi:
The female got up on all fours and really eyed the male. A brow raised in question. Was he serious? Course he was. She'd seen that look before. Kindness, nothing wrong with that but... The females head dipped down some and her ears folded back in shame. Was it a hand out if the two worked together?

"I'm.. I'm just fine," She protested some. Kaw could do this, she could live on her own and prove that she was capable of it. She didn't need help. Her yellow eyes shut tight. "Im just fine," She repeated.

Syr:
Kameo chuckles a little, his deep kind eyes looking her over. "You don't have to lie to me you know? It's hard to hunt on your own, nothing but bits and ratty mice to live off. Come on, we can pull down a small antelope together, maybe eve flush out a baby in the grass hmm?" He raises a brow curiously, she was one of those who didn't want help but he could see she needed it.

"I don't know about you but my stomach is rumbling something fierce tonight, everyone else ate yesterday so I could do with a buddy to help me hunt, how about it?" He grins a friendly, charming smile, waiting for her answer quietly and patiently. She needed his help and she was getting it if she liked it or not.

Chobi:

The female bit her lip. He had a point, a really really big point. It was true seh was not getting along well on her own with hunting. The female was doing terrible infact. Was it really that blatant? She thought about it for a moment. Well... she would be helping, it wasn't a hand out. . .

"Okay, I'll help," She bit her lip a little unnerved she agreed easily. But this stranger seemed like a sweet fellow. No harm... right? Right?

Syr:
The pale male nodded and got to his paws walking closer to her and nudging her with his nose "This way then." He smiles "get a nice little antelope. You still haven't told me your name." He says raising a brow as he leads the way in the direction he had been heading. He was hardly hungry really, he didn't need to eat but she did and he would miss a meal to se her fed. Poor girl, she was clearly struggling.

"You know, I live in a little family unit with a lion, a servile and a Ratel, a family doesn't have to just be jackals you know?" He smiles a little sideways smile at the fire coloured female, she had obviously left her family very recently she needed a family as all jackals did even if those families were very odd. "Weird I know, but family is family, all jackals need one."

Chobi:

The female gave the male an awkward smile. Oh right , she'd not told him her name. She wasn't used to company, it had been a while since she'd interacted with another jackal.

"Oh.. Im sorry. Its Kawena'ula, but I go by Kaw." She lowered her head some, "Family.. mm. I had one. Nice pack but .. " She paused for a moment trying to think of why she had left in the first place. The only reason she had was to prove her self to her self. That she could get along just fine with out anyone.

"I suppose I have the heart of a loner," Kaw wiggled her nose. Kameo's family was a little out of character. Strange sounding, she'd never come across a traveling family like that before.

"How'd you four come together? If you don't mind me asking.."

Syr:

"Kaw, thats a beautiful name." He smiles walking the female in to a patch of long grass where he settles on to his stomach for a moment, sniffing the air for any scent of any near by prey creatures hiding in the long grasses, it was hard to scent out fawns resting in the long grass sometimes.

"I lost my pack to a disaster." he pauses for a moment watching away the old memories "and I met Glavu and she was very much a loner but she needed a friend and we got on so well we decided to stick together then the crazy rattle joined us and eventually we found Immunda and we formed a group, a little family, we have our odd moments but we care for one another." He chuckles a bit looking up at the female curiously.

"You need a family again hmm?" he smiles shuffling through the long grass.

Chobi:
The female lifted her head, he'd lost his pack? Hers was still alive and well from what little she knew. But he'd lost his unwillingly. She'd left on her own for some dumb reason. Kaw left her family to prove her self... The female all of a sudden felt rather selfish.

"Family," She joined in the sniffing .There had to be something lurking close by. It had been a long time since she'd tasted fresh meat of a larger animal. "I..."

A scent came up before she could answer. Kaw bolted off after it in the direction it was coming from.

Syr:
Racing off after the little antelope the male dog caught up with it easily, heading it off and jumping, catching his teeth around it's throat, his paws flat on it's shoulders as he pulls the little creature down, using his extra weight to hold it still until it stopped kicking.

Sitting up format he kill he smiles at the small antelope 'Good eatin's" He smiles pointing his nose at the meal "You eat first, you did most of the work." He winks licking his maw.

"You know family is important to me, I found one because I needed one, not everyone needs a family." He coughs looking at the thin raggedy looking female "I think you need one though, how about we eat this and you come and spend a few days with us hmm? Get you back on your paws?"

Chobi:

The female watched in amazement as the male took to the antelope. He was so skilled. Course he was though. You couldn't be so well fed and happy if you weren't.

He sure was persistant about the family talk. It made Kaw a little self aware but at the same time made her happy some one cared about how she was doing. Kaw nodded.

"I'll go back with you and meet this family of yours. " She smiled and took the first bite not protesting. The sweet juicy flavor greeted her instantly, something she'd not had in a long while.

This family of his... some one of such great skill.. he needed one. Maybe she'd give it a fair try. Maybe...

Syr:
"Good." he smiles letting her eat her fill before taking a little nibble himself before picking up what was left of the carcass in his jaws. "Follow me" he mumbles around the leg making a beeline for his odd family, who he knew would welcome her and help her. That was what they did they helped others who needed them and Kaw, definitely needed their help and more than anything he wanted to give her a family. even if it was only for a short time.

He'd make sure she was well looked after and maybe she would stay in their little family unit.