Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[REG] A Day in the Life Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:46 pm
The last few weeks had been trying on his nerves and he was happy to be able to relax comfortably in 'his room' for a bit even if it wouldn't last long. After the weekend was up he would be staying at a boarding school just like Cordi but for now he had a place to relax and hide from everything. His aunt and uncle had been understanding that he really didn't feel like being all that friendly and were happy to let him sit in the room they'd prepared for him with headphones on and ignore the world.

He'd spent a few hours that morning unpacking the rest of his things and resorting his clothes so he knew what needed to go where and what needed to stay. It wasn't like he was going to have a chance to wear a whole lot while at school. He'd already gotten a few sets of uniforms and they were at the tailors being fixed since his legs were apparently too long as usual. Hopefully they'd be fixed before the end of the weekend and he wouldn't have to go to school in highwaters.

That was what he was doing while waiting for Cordi to show up for the weekend. Aunti had mentioned that she'd be coming home that weekend and could show him around a bit better since he'd be staying.

He wasn't entirely sure he liked that idea or that he liked the idea of being shoved off to a boarding school either but he really couldn't complain. He had to finish his last bit of school if he wanted to get into college any time soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:56 pm
Her primary cell phone had been tucked into her purse before she had left the Crystal Academy dormitory that afternoon after her last class let out. Had she actually checked the phone she would have been aware of several things, the most important being something that she had skillfully tuned out every time her parents had spoken to her over the past week. There were just so many other things on her mind... How could she have been bothered to actually pay attention to anything they had said?

Sighing softly she lowered her headphones into place around her neck, adjusting the strap of her backpack on her shoulder before nudging the door to the house open. "I'm home!" She called out to no one in particular, not really expecting any sort of an answer. Although she frequently came home from school on the weekends she rarely spent them with her parents. They always had something planned...

Cordelia made her way to the kitchen where she grabbed a bottle of water and a packet of Crystal Light, shaking the bottle to the tune of the headphones she'd put back on after receiving no response to her welcome home. It would be nice to have the house to herself... Really nice, she thought as she made her way up the stairs, singing along to the song blaring in her ears.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:01 pm
He had just managed to hear Cordi coming home in a break between songs on his own stereo. He hadn't expected to hear her yell into the house though and knew he should have answered but was rather sure he wouldn't have been heard downstairs over whatever it was she would be doing. Turning off his mp3 player he got up and dusted his pants off before wandering toward the door.

He pulled it open and stepped into the hall hoping to catch his cousin before she made it back to her room. He hadn't expected to open it to her to be completely ignoring the world with headphones clamped over her ears and almost running smack into him as she came down the hall.

"Ack.."

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:21 pm
Her eyes opened just in time for her to see Lucien just before she ran into him, letting out a startled squeak as she dropped her water bottle, yanking her headphones down. "God, Luc, what are you..." Her brow furrowed as she paused before she could even start her ramble, a look of joy overcoming the initial startled look.

"Luc!" She threw her arms around her cousin's neck, grinning. "I didn't know you were coming into town. Mother and Father didn't... Wait." Again her brow furrowed as she released him, reaching into her purse to rummage for her phone, teeth tugging at her lower lip as she eyed the missed calls and ignored messages. "... Oops."  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:29 pm
He just managed not to twitch when Cordi practically jumped on him. He should be used to it by now but he'd never quite gotten that far. She always managed to startle him somehow when she first saw him.

".... they told you and you ignore them didn't you?" He smiled slightly as he straightened the shoulders of her shirt which she'd rumpled when hugging him. "And i'm not really 'coming to town' .... more like moving to town."

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:42 pm
"I've... Been pretty busy lately. Between finals and prom arrangements and..." Things that she couldn't really talk about. Things that made her glance down for a moment to regather herself before she looked back up at her cousin. "Mother likes to ramble a lot on the phone and lately I haven't been as attentive as I often try to be." She managed a half smile followed by a quick shrug.

"You're here to stay, though? It's not so bad... Destiny City." A blatant lie; one she was getting better at telling. "Are you staying with us, then? Going to Meadowview in the fall or? If you are I'll have to introduce you to some friends of mine..." Who was she kidding? She'd likely introduce him to her friends anyways just to get him out as opposed to always lurking around inside the house.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:46 pm
He nodded slightly. "Yea ... i'm staying here for a while at least." He was sorta stuck here until he could fully support himself and for the moment Destiny City seemed like the place he needed to be for other reasons too. "You should listen to her even when she's rambling. Some times important things come out." He grinned slightly.

".... Hillworth actually" Now that he'd actually heard about the school he wasn't all that happy to be going. It didn't seem like a place where he was going to belong at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:29 pm
"I do listen to her... Sometimes." She made a face as she stooped down to retrieve the bottle she'd dropped, convinced that it was at least properly shaken by now. "I listened when she and Daddy were talking about your parents... I'm sorry, Luc, I..."

Words weren't likely going to mean much on that account. She could try, but no amount of apologies would do anything to bring anyone back... And it wasn't as though she had really been close to her aunt or uncle anyways, no more than she was her cousin although she was certain that was going to change now.

"Wait... Hillworth? Oh no, that can't be right. You don't want to go there. That place is... It's..." There were many things that could be said about that school and the boys that attended there. Although Demy went there, so maybe...

"It's not as bad as they make it out to be." She forced out eventually. "But you're not going right away, right? You have the weekend at home, at least?" Clearly hopeful.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:37 pm
"Sorry doesn't really make them come back or put someone in jail..." It still bothered him that no one had been blamed for the crime. It just wasn't right that someone could kill two perfectly innocent people and get away with just a tsk tsk.

"Yea. Hillworth." He nodded. He really didn't think he should tell her -why- he was going there but he was. "You can't pretend it's not bad Cordi. You're terrible at lying" at least when she had already opened her mouth and said something else.

"I have the weekend before i go, yes." He nodded again. "I start school on monday ... and hopefully i have pants that fit before then"

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:52 pm
"Sorry doesn't make up for a lot of things... And you're right, it doesn't bring anyone back." The tone of voice she spoke in was different than the one he might have been used to hearing from her; older, somehow... Maybe even more experienced. Strange, really, considering she hadn't left Destiny City and from what 'everyone' knew she really didn't do anything out of the ordinary at Crystal Academy.

"And fine." She huffed softly, eyes drifting back up to her cousin. "I've heard it's a pretty big s**t hole, but I was trying to be nice about it. I generally avoid everyone who goes there on principle, but since your my favorite cousin, Cousin..." A soft smirk curved the corners of her lips. "I'll do something better than avoid you. I'll introduce you to the one person I know and trust that goes there... And maybe he'll help you stay out of trouble."

Who was she kidding. Demy? Stay out of trouble?

"Give me a moment to change out of this stupid uniform and I'll give him a call. We can do some shopping." She smiled.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:01 pm
He was a bit taken back at her tone but shook it off quickly. He didn't see her all that often so she could have done a lot of things since the last time he'd come for a visit. You grew up a lot in high school right?

"wait ... shopping?" He squeaked softly. "With ... your friends ...." That would mean he'd have to meet someone knew and someone who'd probably think something funny about him. Everyone always did. "Do we have to? I mean i have my entire wardrobe here. I don't really need new clothes or shoes or anything else." He fidgeted a bit as he looked down at her.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:18 pm
Although she was still listening to him she had already slid into her bedroom, leaving the door open a crack so that they could carry on their conversation while she changed. "Yes, shopping..." She called back to her cousin as she rummaged around in her drawers for a t-shirt to pull on to replace the Crystal Academy blouse, definitely needing a different skirt as well... Or hell, maybe even jeans.

She paused by the door for a moment, peering out into the hallway through the crack after pulling her shirt on. "One friend. You remember Demetri Wright? We were both... A lot younger. It was years ago, so maybe you don't, but... His father shoved him into Hillworth so he could run around gallivanting with his flavor of the week. Silly gossip, really, but Dem's there and you're going to be there so it will be better for you to know someone than to not know anyone..." Not that she would condone Lucien hanging out with Demy on a regular basis, but it was at least a start.

"Go get ready so I can finish changing."  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:23 pm
"No ... not really." He didn't remember most of the people that Cordi had introduced him to when they were younger. He'd only met most of them once and so it hadn't really occurred to him to keep track. "Which one is that one?"

As far as he was concerned aside from a pair of shoes he was technically ready to go somewhere. He had a shirt on and pants on and his wallet was on his dresser which he could reach from his doorway.

"You're not taking me to a mall right?"

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:27 pm
"The little, adorable blonde boy that used to spend weekends here with Nana and I during the summer." She called back towards the door, settling on one of her favorite jean skirts along with a pair of black leggings and a pair of studded black heels. "... And of course we're going to the mall. Where else would we go shopping?" She snorted softly, shaking her head as if that was the dumbest question anyone could've asked as sixteen year old girl.

Rolling her eyes she reached for her phone, scrolling down through her contacts until she reached Demy's cell phone number. "C'mon, Troll... Answer the phone..." She muttered, more to herself than anything else as she listened to the rings.  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:40 pm
"But you know i don't like malls....." And she probably didn't care either. Cordi probably spent all her spare time at the mall like the rest of the girls he knew her age. He just didn't get the appeal of it. So many strange people and too much stuff and way too much to have to deal with all at once. They were like giant holes for all his nervousness and he hate them.

".... if you're determined to drag me to a mall you owe me something. I hate that many people."

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff