Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonflight: An Alternative Pern (Old Guild)

Back to Guilds

A B/C Pern Roleplay 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Roleplay, Breedables 

Reply Archives
Alpha Clutch Hatching [14-16] OVER Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:05 pm
Wykla gives a small frown. C'mon you need to choose quickly! The longer you wait the hungrier you'll get little crimson. She thought it was interesting the little dragonet couldn't choose between a boy and a girl. Is it because their both alike or complete opposites? Why is she attracted to two?  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:07 pm
She shuddered and pulled away from the boys as a few shied from her, crooning again at the boys’ line one final time before she set her jaw and padded towards the girls. She’s caught a glimpse of someone… maybe, maybe that was the right one! She was too small to really do any damage to anyone but that didn’t mean she wasn’t investing 100% of the remaining energy left her to find Hers.

Kleosmine! Your Moriath won't leave you. Not now! She called out at last, having gotten a good view of the lucky woman and she tumbled onto the Candidate’s feet, exhausted. The search had been a strenuous one for any newly born Atypical dragon and it was a lucky thing indeed she made it to Hers before something more dire happened.

User Image  

Dragonflight Pern
Captain

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:12 pm
The Crimson fell at the feet of one of the girls, one that had hair so short he had - the first time they'd crossed paths - thought it tied back. He breathed a sigh of relief and shifted his weight from one foot to the other; suddenly the sands seemed hotter than before...

One left...one slim chance left - but by the Egg, he would keep hope that it was his

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:12 pm
Zerens last hopes were fading, the Crimson had Impressed, to a girl, he was pleased she'd finally Impressed yes, but his dreams lay in that last egg, he couldn't bear to write to his parents that he'd not Impressed.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:14 pm
She really wanted to sit down. She felt like a baby atypical. This would be over soon, one more to go. The crimson was happily Impressed to another girl. Wykla's eyes turn towards the weyrwoman.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:15 pm
"M... Mine?"

There was just a moment of hesitation, and then Kleos flung her arms around the exhausted crimson, a stupid grin plastered all over her face. "Moriath!" she cried to the sands. "Her name is Moriath!" And by all shells she was the most beautiful dragon ever to hatch.

"Naturally," the mental voice was already a deep alto, and it was utterly exhausted, "but I am also very hungry Mine. I can't walk all of that way, go and bring me food quickly please, preferably before the males take all of the good flesh."

"Of course," Kleos exclaimed aloud instinctivly rather than using a mental voice, "I'll be right back!"

"And I'll be here waiting, Mine," Moriath replied. "You never need worry Mine, I am Moriath, I'll see us through."

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:20 pm
One last egg - one last chance Mercy thought to herself as the crimson and black impressed. She tried to tell herself to stay positive, that there was still a chance and certainly other hatchings beyond this one but that was hard to remember in the face of the hatchlings rejections of her - though it wasn't really rejection, they just hadn't been meant for each other. Felt like rejection though...and she glanced at the others who were left wondering if they felt the same way she did.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:21 pm
On the other side of the hatching grounds, a grumpy looking man stood with legs splayed apart. A tall, thick man with a square jaw and many, many scars, he was likely the scariest thing the pairs would see all day...and then everyday for turns after. This was a face, form and voice they would all become very familiar with -- but scary as he was, they should take heed: He was very, very good at what he did.

Of course, he wasn't paying attention to the hatchings, just the dragons and theirs as they hit up the feeding tables, one by one. M'tais growled commands to the pairs - commands and tips on feeding. He was the Weyrlingmaster for Malvren Weyr and he would brook no back-talk or interference when it came to the care of the young dragons.

Some of the pairs had completed their feeding and the sleepy dragons were curling as though to sleep...that was fine for the moment. Once all had been fed, he would take them all to the barracks to assign them their berths and the dragon's wallows. Then came the next important lesson: Oiling your dragon.

But that would come soon enough, so he let the pairs be for now, mind reaching out to touch his briefly; just enough to reassure himself that Etuth wasn't getting herself into any trouble.  

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Dragonflight Pern
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:24 pm
The last egg… it was tiny and the Weyrwoman eyed is dubiously. She’d have to be careful… it was about as large as a small green egg… but… really. Then again, it could be a White – they were small to begin with. But that was unlikely, they were so rare – none of the golds in Malvren had yet clutched a White and only a handful lived Pernwide. A dud then…

Biting her lip, she lined up her swing and sought to get this over with. Narrowing her eyes as if to swing without looking, the Weyrwoman smacked the shell once… twice… and nothing. It was cracked, yes, but… Oh! Movement! She smacked it one last time, more gently (in case she’d stunned the poor thing) and the egg fell apart around a dark goo-covered body with huge blue-red eyes that stared up at her with something akin to ‘howdareyou!’

Shaking himself off, the new dragon took the time to clean himself well enough that his colour was obvious. A silver! The first silver in a long time at Malvren! The little dragon glared up at her again and flung his wings wide, splattering her with goo. Eirlyn blinked and shook her head. Was… was he preening? Already? Jeeze.

Stepping around to behind the silver, she waited. He was so tiny… would he make it?

When he stumbled forth, his first few steps were unsteady – his wings seemed too big for his petite body, a ridiculous thing on such a little dragon. Whomever he Impressed to was in for a lot of Sharding work, whomever it was had better be ready.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:28 pm
Oh! A silver, a very small fellow, well at least none of the eggs had been actual duds right? That was something to hang on to no matter who he impressed. None of the baby dragons had gone between and that was always a good thing.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:28 pm
Zeren didnt know what he was expecting from the last egg, but it certainly wasn't an irate Silver, again he pushed his will forwards in the hopes that it would be enough, the creature was so tiny, he wanted to pick it up. However he stodd his ground with the other boys, each staring towards their last hopes of becoming a Rider, of having that life long partner.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:30 pm
Sevya's jaw *dropped*. Oh boy. She hadn't been expecting this; NO ONE had been expecting this! Her hands shook. How lovely! How *tiny*! Would he live? But that expression...oh my goodness. That was going to be a handful, she could just guess. He'd probably simply tell between, "You go bug someone else. I've got this." Stubborn little one!

She glanced along her line to all the other candidates, still waiting. Last chance. One person would impress...the rest would walk away to wait until the next time.  

girlomega

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:30 pm
The last egg was so small. Was it a real dud? The weyrwoman looked dubious but went to break the shell anyhow. Wykla bet she wouldn't be happy if she broke the egg and splattered herself with egg goo. After several attempts the shell parted and revealed its tiny dragon. A silver. It seemed he was determined to get egg goo on her anyhow. Her hand covers her mouth quickly to hide the chuckle.

Wykla knew where she would be spending the rest of the night. Candidate barracks for her again. She might as well leave now. No sharding way would a silver want her. First to see the Weyr healer, her mind corrects her, then back to bed. She exhales. Still it had been a good hatching and she'd been allowed to stand. Maybe next time.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:32 pm
Therion visibly winced at the Weyrwoman's measured attack on that last, tiny egg. The last egg, the last chance...whatever thought's Ther's brain had been going on about, they stopped suddenly.

It was a Silver. The tiny, haughty little bugger that came out of the tiny-but-vain egg...was a silver Atypical dragon. He shook his head in wonder, eyes going wide; he too couldn't remember the last time there'd been one at Malvren!

Watching the tiny silver with it's outlandishly large wings, the big-boned youth swallowed hard and rubbed his sweating palms against the cloth of his Candidate's Robes. 'Be for me, be for me...' He chanted silently to himself even as he knew such things couldn't change the mind of a dragon at Impression.

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

girlomega

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:37 pm
Sharajan couldn't believe his eyes. For a moment, he stopped shifting from foot to foot, and ignored the heat of the sands as he stared. He honestly hadn't thought anything would be coming out of that egg. But what a hatchling, with a temper as strong as his crimson sister's.

Not to mention arrogance...Come on. You don't even FLY golds, or anything. Or so the candidatemaster said. Stop that, the boy thought. But, well...he did look nice, although he was going to have quite a time getting around with those wings until he grew into them.

"Come on, now," he muttered. "Find your rider and we can go back to sleep."  
Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces