Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Official Fan Guild!

Back to Guilds

Death Note guild for all lovers of Death Note! 

Tags: Death Note, Kira, L Lawliet, Wammy House, Anime 

Reply Death Note Guild Main Forums
Is Near AMERICAN?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thanatica

Shy Seraph

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:11 pm
Sienna_fire13
Kari Twilight Mist
Clover_IceQueen
I just really don't think that Zac is the right person for the part of light. i mean, I don't think he could pull off a killer sweatdrop

that's what has me not outright saying he's the one: I've never seen him do a serious role. so like I said I'm debating how I feel. it changes daily.

Apparently he is not going to be in it. But Hannah Montana might be Misa! DX
I guess it was in a newspaper a week ago or something.

HOLY FRIGGEN CRAP NOT GONNEH HAPPEN! Excuse my bad grammar, but it's just horrible to think they considered her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:23 pm
roxy4816
Sienna_fire13
Kari Twilight Mist
Clover_IceQueen
I just really don't think that Zac is the right person for the part of light. i mean, I don't think he could pull off a killer sweatdrop

that's what has me not outright saying he's the one: I've never seen him do a serious role. so like I said I'm debating how I feel. it changes daily.

HOLY FRIGGEN CRAP NOT GONNEH HAPPEN! Excuse my bad grammar, but it's just horrible to think they considered her.

if they cast her i will be apart of a very large and violent mob of people who hate her and she will ruin the epic goodness of death note with her ditzy dumb axe sluttyness  

Neo Clark

6,100 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Neo Clark

6,100 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:24 pm
I think Nate Rivers (near) is american  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:30 am
The way I see it is that if M. Night isn't directing it it might be decent. I will never forgive him for The Last Airbender. EVER.  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

They Call Me Homewrecker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:16 pm
I think he is. If you watch Death Note: L Change the World,
Near speaks English and comes from a place in America, I'm pretty sure.
&&L even has to speak English to him, because Near doesn't know Japanese yet; considering he's like, 9.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:25 am
iiFading Stardust
&&L even has to speak English to him, because Near doesn't know Japanese yet; considering he's like, 9.

Wasn't he discovered in some East Asian village though? *is confused*

*EDIT* My bad that's The Last Name right?

I haven't seen them all so I forget which ones I saw.  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:28 pm
iiFading Stardust

Thank you for supporting me on this 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:29 pm
AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
roxy4816
Sienna_fire13
Kari Twilight Mist
Clover_IceQueen

if they cast her i will be apart of a very large and violent mob of people who hate her and she will ruin the epic goodness of death note with her ditzy dumb axe sluttyness

No! Hannah Montana would ruin Misa! crying We have to stop this madness! gonk  

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:14 pm
About the Hanna Montana: I've seen MANY speculations that Zac Efron will possible be Light. Other than here I haven't heard a thing about Hannah as Misa. I'm not saying you made up the speculation at all but I haven't seen any other mentions of it anywhere. I hope this means it was just a minor speculation that died down.

For those of you who are Avatar: The Last Airbender fans (this is relevant so bear with me). If you know who Zuko is, for the first casting of The Last Airbender he was supposed to be played by JESSE MCARTNEY I am not even joking. In fact he WOULD have been if Jessee didn't have to go on tour (he still sings? really?) anyway this is what makes me fear the Hanna rumors being true.

While as far as we know M. Night SHAMEalan isn't going to direct it, I fear something similar may happen.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:24 am
Kari Twilight Mist
About the Hanna Montana: I've seen MANY speculations that Zac Efron will possible be Light. Other than here I haven't heard a thing about Hannah as Misa. I'm not saying you made up the speculation at all but I haven't seen any other mentions of it anywhere. I hope this means it was just a minor speculation that died down.

For those of you who are Avatar: The Last Airbender fans (this is relevant so bear with me). If you know who Zuko is, for the first casting of The Last Airbender he was supposed to be played by JESSE MCARTNEY I am not even joking. In fact he WOULD have been if Jessee didn't have to go on tour (he still sings? really?) anyway this is what makes me fear the Hanna rumors being true.

While as far as we know M. Night SHAMEalan isn't going to direct it, I fear something similar may happen.

A very philosophical answer, Kari. If fact, this is the first I've heard of Hannah=Misa as well. However, there is an online petition against Zac Efron being cast as light Yagami. I signed it, and am in the process of having other people sign it by spreading the word to all Death Note fans. I don't want them to ruin the good name of Death Note, so let's all help prevent this from happening 3nodding  

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

WammyHouseWhore
Crew

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:46 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Kari Twilight Mist

A very philosophical answer, Kari. If fact, this is the first I've heard of Hannah=Misa as well. However, there is an online petition against Zac Efron being cast as light Yagami. I signed it, and am in the process of having other people sign it by spreading the word to all Death Note fans. I don't want them to ruin the good name of Death Note, so let's all help prevent this from happening 3nodding

Let us all hope that the Hannah thing is just a rumor.
As for Zac Effron playing Kira, that is not a rumor, he has been interviewed saying the directors have approached him about playing Light.
Now, I have mixed feelings on this, He is a fan of Death Note, he actually knew that its original name was "desu noto" or something (again in an interview) which made me fangirl into a puddle, and he was FANTASTIC in Charlie St. Cloud. So I think he has it in him to play a serious role, and stick to Light's true self. Because he is a fan, I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't butcher Light.
But on the other hand I dont think I would be able to look at hi as "Light Yagami" I can only see him as 'Zac Effron'  
Death Note Guild Main Forums

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff