Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Official Fan Guild!

Back to Guilds

Death Note guild for all lovers of Death Note! 

Tags: Death Note, Kira, L Lawliet, Wammy House, Anime 

Reply Death Note Guild Main Forums
Is Near AMERICAN?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:02 pm
Seriously... Nate River... and his voice... eek Is he?  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:31 pm
"Nate River" is sooo general I honestly have no idea how to place it. Unlike "Mihael Keehl" which the whole name is Slovenian. as for his voice he's voiced by a girl in English so it's kinda hard to go on. Honestly other than Mello I have no idea about where the names of the other characters puts them. Like "Mail Jeevas"? I've looked up the name "Mail" EVERYWHERE and have yet to find it. I hear it's French but that's just a rumor as far as I know.  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am
Really? I thought Mello was German because of the name and he has blonde hair and blue eyes?  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:42 am
Clover_IceQueen
Really? I thought Mello was German because of the name and he has blonde hair and blue eyes?

xD
sorry, we just had a funny discussion on germany and hitler with the whole 'blonde hair & blue eyes' thing at our district track meet last night. lol

but other wise.. idk where they from.  

Sienna_fire13
Crew

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:19 pm
Clover_IceQueen

like I said "Mihael Keehl" is Slovenian. "Mihael" in German is Michael (trust me I've done my research. As for the "German looks" of blonde hair and blue eyes, Slovenia borders Austria to the North.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:04 pm
Actualy, they are right. Mello is German and from what I understand Near is actualy British be4lieve it or not. Matt..? i have no earthly idea but I can look it up.

DeathNotes-M-chan
Crew

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:56 pm
Serves Kari right for acting like a Know-it-all rofl And besides, I've even heard Mello use a German phrase before. I can't spell it, and I don't remember what it means... sweatdrop BUT he said it was a German phrase, so there 3nodding

http://www.petitiononline.com/apple88/petition.html  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:42 pm
Pardon me but I AM correct in saying "Mihael Keehl" is a Slovenian name. http://women.evenhealth.com/cgi-bin/showname.cgi?q=Mihael Keehl SOUNDS German because Slovenia used to be a part of Austria-Hungary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia

As for "Nate River" I don't know anyone with the last name River in America but there are TONS of Nates so it is truly unknown.

As for the German Ich Sprichen Deutch und Ich bin Amerikaner. Deutch gelernt Werden Kann. Ihr Argument ist sehr mangelhaft.

And as for calling me a "know it all" that is rather rude and offensive no? Please do not harshly judge me for a solid argument against yours. It is unbecoming.

Especially since you have SAID arguments but have given no proof.  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:12 pm
Okay, just sign the petition. I don't want Zac Efron to be cast as Light Yagami in the movie! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:14 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Okay, just sign the petition. I don't want Zac Efron to be cast as Light Yagami in the movie! burning_eyes

*sigh* see I'm not sure how I feel about that because he was great in Hairspray and 17 Again. I think High School Musical is just what tainted his image. Honestly from the movies I've seen him in (I haven't seen any of the HSM movies) I like him yet I've never seen him do "serious". I'm debating it but if I decide I don't like the idea then i will definitely sign biggrin

Anyway glad for the agree to disagree thing. You were a better person then me. 3nodding biggrin  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

WammyHouseWhore
Crew

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:41 pm
I believe he is smile  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:31 am
I just really don't think that Zac is the right person for the part of light. i mean, I don't think he could pull off a killer sweatdrop  

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:17 pm
Clover_IceQueen
I just really don't think that Zac is the right person for the part of light. i mean, I don't think he could pull off a killer sweatdrop

that's what has me not outright saying he's the one: I've never seen him do a serious role. so like I said I'm debating how I feel. it changes daily.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:33 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
Clover_IceQueen

that's what has me not outright saying he's the one: I've never seen him do a serious role. so like I said I'm debating how I feel. it changes daily.

Apparently he is not going to be in it. But Hannah Montana might be Misa! DX
I guess it was in a newspaper a week ago or something.  

Sienna_fire13
Crew

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:04 pm
Sienna_fire13
Kari Twilight Mist
Clover_IceQueen

Apparently he is not going to be in it. But Hannah Montana might be Misa! DX
I guess it was in a newspaper a week ago or something.

OK now SHE I will protest. violently if necessary. oh god PLEASE say she's re-cast. I mean she's ditsy enough but

A. not sexual

B. THE ACCENT IS WRONG (I like southern accents but Misa... yeah no)

C. SHE couldn't do a serious role to save her life.

D. even if Zach isn't the one cast, if they cast someone his age that is *****! burning_eyes

I mean M. Night ruining The Last Airbender is bad enough but TWO of my favorite fandoms? ...I need to find a place that sells strong torches and pitchforks now I really do.  
Death Note Guild Main Forums

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff