Welcome to Gaia! ::

a written word - the new version!

Back to Guilds

a friendly atmosphere to discuss books, writing, and so much more! 

Tags: Book, Write, Read, Roleplaying, Random, and more!, Movies, Music, Sports, Food, Fan Fiction 

Reply "The only crime worse than burning books, is not reading them."
My book! My book! It's finally happened my book!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thy_obsessive_freak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:51 am
Hallo a lot of people won't know me, won't have remembered me or just don't really care about me! But about half a year ago I went on about how how I was trying to publish my book. Will now it's now been published and I am just dancing a excited about. But I'm hoping with has been published and people here help support me to become a successful author that I dream to be by buying a copy (And also be much more grateful if you read it as well )

http://rosedogbooks-store.stores.yahoo.net/chitsosamake.html

Please really do help out and thanks to all those who do!  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:30 pm
Congratulations! That's really great! Would you mind supplying a description of the book seeing as I can't find it.  

Todd186
Crew

xXRIKUXxLaCeY

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:07 pm
congrats! you win the GAME!!! xP  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:53 am
Todd186
Congratulations! That's really great! Would you mind supplying a description of the book seeing as I can't find it.

No probs, it's something they forgot to mention me on the site, though they probably did mention to but never noticed. But anyways enough pointing fingers, here's the blurp that I'm planning with them.

"Chitso Samake is a water elemental, who lives in a world where other people can also control a vary of different elements (Even if they aren't actually elements). Four years ago he was accidently cursed by his lover, Kiwizoe. He has a chance to remove the curse and amend the mistake and so he sets out on his quest to make everything right again. However, he is one of the only people to have survived the curse, which makes him valuable and before long poachers, bounty hunters and all sorts begin to hunt him, driven by their lust for money and power. It is a question if Chitso Samake will survive and succeed in his goal?"

Quote:
congrats! you win the GAME!!! xP

Oh, what game? pirate  

Thy_obsessive_freak

Todd186
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:09 am
Sounds really interesting. I'll buy it once I get the money.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:31 pm
he he!! that's ace biggrin good luck with any future books smile  

Just Tsuki

Thy_obsessive_freak

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:34 pm
Thanks, means so very much  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:09 pm
Great job. Looks interesting. I'll check it out when I get paid again. Already bookmarked the page!  

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:18 pm
Congratulations! That's awesome! 8D
Your book sounds very interesting. I'll have to look into it sometime. :3

If it's okay, may I ask, what's it like to get a book published? Is it hard to do? What's the process of getting it published? I'm hoping to try and publish some of my own work in the future, so I'm quite curious as to what it's like when getting a book published.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:59 am
Rei Uchikino
Congratulations! That's awesome! 8D
Your book sounds very interesting. I'll have to look into it sometime. :3

If it's okay, may I ask, what's it like to get a book published? Is it hard to do? What's the process of getting it published? I'm hoping to try and publish some of my own work in the future, so I'm quite curious as to what it's like when getting a book published.

Well it was very hard to find a publishing site that did editing for you. Of course came across the subsidy publishers, Dorrance publishers. A lot of people were against me doing it due to the fact that they're a very business people, where they had win-win situations (Your book sells, they make money, your book doesn't sell, they still make money off you due to how much you have to pay). Thing was that most sites that pay 'you' for your book take away all your rights and saying to what happens to your book and you get not that much credit, plus your just as unlikely to be accepted, being that most other non-subsidy publishers look for 'already' established authors or just look at the first few pages of your manuscript and decide whether or not it'll suit within todays readers. So as you can imagine it was pretty hard sticking with my decision (Really just using it as way to stick up for subsidy publishers really biggrin ). But they give you all rights to your book, they give it the best chance it has of becoming successful and do everything in your power.

Thing was it took a year to publish it (But that's faster than most companies which is a problem). First off they did all the editing, then once they edited they gave me a sort of program that showed all the changes they made and had something were I could click if I didn't like the change or just leave it.
Then they asked me what front cover I wanted, I had to give a basic idea. (I said something with the main character in the front doing a pose, with other characters out of the book in the background) And as you can see they showed me this, where I had the choice if I liked it or scrapped it (Though scrapping it and then replacing it would've costed a bit more sweatdrop )
Then i waited for the printing and selling, which ye got now.

Each step of the way they did ask for my permission to make sure I was happy and were kind to me and cooperative as they can be. Problem was that they were a pretty busy site, so even though it wasn't that hard going through the process because they were doing everything for me, it was still a pain with how many other publishers ye had to wait on.

Hope that answers all ye questions and thank you to all who'll hopefully read and buy my book. So far it's getting good reviews.  

Thy_obsessive_freak

Lilithmae

Dapper Prophet

5,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:30 am
Wow! Congrats! whee The book sounds really interesting. I shall start pestering my dad for a copy post-haste! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:55 pm
Congratulations!  

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
"The only crime worse than burning books, is not reading them."

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash