Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Filing Cabinet
[Q] The Clown's Façade, by the Glow of the Moon (COMPLETE)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:39 am
Introduction!

(( Note that this was mostly written up a while before posting. So no, I didn't write it all up past midnight, I just put it up then. XD More to be added soon. ))

Yes, I realize I haven't even had Nina all that long. So why the heck am I setting up a quest thread? Well, my friends, this is what we call obsession, and I plan on feeding it. >w> That, and this is going to take a while to accomplish anyway.

Besides, you all want me to share what has been stuck to the roof of my brain, don't you? No? Oh well, I'm going to anyway. It doesn't fit in my brain anymore, and I need to free up some space for my studies.

Or I can stop being ridiculous. That works, too. Either way, welcome to my first quest! Okay, technically it's my second, but the first one that I finish. Hopefully. 8D heart

[ ! ] - Please note that this has now become a quest for twins, but not a traditional pair by any means.

This thread was last updated: July 15th, 2010

~ Table of Contents ~
Introduction
2. Rules of the Thread
3. The Firstborn
4. The Secondborn
5. The Guardian
6. The Concept Art
7. The Funds
8. Enough of the "The"s! (reserved)

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:41 am
Rules of the Thread

Don't worry, there's not many of them! Just adhere and everything should be peachy-keen.

1. Do not steal any of the artwork or written work displayed or linked in this thread. Theft is a crime!
2. Constructive criticism is fine. Deconstructive bashing is not.
3. Posting in here is also fine, as long as I get all the posts I need first (see first post). In fact, it's welcome! :3
4. I have the authority to add any other rules up here at my discretion if I feel there is a need to. I would appreciate it if you didn't make me feel like it was needed. D: <3

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:48 am
The Firstborn

The elder of the two will be a full custom.

Name: Iridian Ekibyougami
Height/Build: Average height for his age, though rather thin and gangly
Sin: Gluttony
Virtue: Kindness

Demonic Traits: Steel-blue colored skin (in patches), bioluminescence (his right eye only), has gills and lungs, & lateral lines (in excess)
Celestial Traits: Is blind but has pale pink irises (his left eye only), & (un)feathered wings
Other Physical Characteristics: Hair is bold denim-colored (inherited from a mixture of Torekane's silver hide and a faulty bioluminescence quality) with a slight curl (kept relatively short), has gluttony's tail (minus the spines), skin color is half Colaer's and half Torekane's, & PLUCKED CHICKEN-LIKE WINGS (covered in Torekane's hide, so unlikely to ever grow feathers). See concept art!

Basic Personality: His sin manifests as wanting attention in abundance rather than food, whether it's good or bad. Despite always wanting to be in the spotlight, his virtuous traits keep him from ever being able to even slightly dislike anybody, no matter how badly he is treated -- unless that hatred is aimed at himself. Due to his genes being balanced perfectly, this actually manages to be an extremely weighty flaw. In essence, he is a ticking time bomb waiting to happen. (Will be added to in time)

Current Playlist:
- It's Not My Time - 3 Doors Down
- Echoes - Dax Johnson
- A New Ray of Light - Sadorf & Sir_NutS (VG ReMix)

And why does the Moogz want this kid so badly? I've come across a good number of shops that like to run a Seven Deadly Sins event at least once. However, these events always base the pets off of the stereotypical themes of each sin, rarely taking creative liberty with the subject matter at their disposal. I always thought a kid being the manifestation of the saying "glutton for punishment" would be fun, rather than "glutton for food."

Fun, semi-useless note? I created his personality before I created his appearance. Due to this aspect, I judged that Kindness would be the best possible candidate to round him out. I wanted to give him some sort of possible mutation, so I played with the traits. That's where the chicken wings came in... and now I can't see him without them. Voila, and there we go! XD

Custom Form
Sin: Gluttony
Virtue: Kindness
Name: Iridian
Hair style: Short with a slight curl that is most visible at the ends of the hairs (not curly down the entire length), like Colaer's. The style of it comes to lay about shoulder-length, cut to be layered. His hair is parted over his blind eye (see celestial traits & references), and the bangs are layered to reach his jawline at the longest.
Hair color(s): Bold denim blue, manifesting from a mixture of Torekane's silver hide and a faulty bioluminescence quality (no, it doesn't glow).
Eye color(s): Electric blue / bioluminescent (his right eye), pale washed-out pink / blind (his left eye)
Skin Color(s): Mostly Colaer's slightly-tanned skin, with patches of Torekane's pebbled silver hide. Has Torekane's lateral lines in excessive amounts (minus the bioluminescence, making them a darker shade of green), but none of the purple spots. See references.
Physical demonic traits:
• Steel-blue colored skin (in patches)
• Right eye has bioluminescence quality
• Has teal webbing on the end of his tail like Torekane's, minus the spikes in between
• Has gills and lungs
• Lateral lines (in overabundance)
Physical celestial traits:
• Left eye is blind, but has a pale pink iris
• Feathered wings, minus the feathered part (covered in Torekane's steel-blue skin instead)
General Personality: Cheerful, curious
References: [Color Ref] [Color Ref 2] [Clothing Ref] [Clothing Ref 2] [Clothing Color Ref] ** Yes, he ties tassels to his pants. XD **

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:50 am
The Secondborn

The younger of the two will be a semi custom, but under special circumstances.

Name: Cheyenne Ekibyougami
Height/Build: ??? (artist's choice)
Sin: ??? (artist's choice)
Virtue: ??? (artist's choice)

Current Playlist:
- Available Light - Rush (closest I could get to the song, sorry)
- Midnight + Echo - Joe Satriani
- Yama Idaku Koromo - Masuda Toshio

So, if you're not picking anything, why are you ordering a semi-custom? Oh, but I am picking something! In exchange for letting the artist choose the genetic donors (and probably gender, too), I will be picking one thing that I would like to have show on the kid.

You may ask, "Wouldn't that kind of limit the choices of DNA donors?" No, actually, it wouldn't. There is one reason for this, and that is because what I'm picking is actually a genetic defect, and therefore could show up with any pairing of genes. The secondborn twin will be albino.

Semi-Custom Form
Sin: artist's choice!
Virtue: artist's choice!
Name: Cheyenne
Hair style: Worn very long, with some strands tied in string and shoelaces. If you have a better idea, you can go ahead and use that instead!
Hair color: Either pure white or very very pale platinum whatever-the-color-should-have-been.
Eye color: Either a striking pink, or a bright red.
Skin color: White! Or... some color that is an extremely pale version of the genetic combo.
General Personality: Reclusive, taciturn
Other Notes: Giving free reign of Cheyenne to the artist in exchange for making it possible for him/her to be an albino. Twin-wise, Cheyenne and Iridian can be identical, fraternal, opposites, total malfunction of what the facility was trying to do -- go wild!

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:51 am
The Guardian

The not-so-main attraction! 8D

Name: Otomeza Ekibyougami
Height: 6' 1" (not including horns)
Weight: Surprisingly light, considering her thick hide and natural plating, though her skeletal structure is slightly more brittle than that of the average human
Specie: Draconic Demon
Occupation: Unemployed; currently lives off of her sister's excess income but looking for work

Personality: Bubbly and happy, Otomeza isn't as much of a ditz as she may appear to be. Sometimes she likes to play off of peoples' assumptions to her advantage, but more often than not, this only proves to irritate her under her amiable smile -- she can't help it if she was born with blonde hair and enjoys some of the girliest things imaginable! All things considered, she has a terrific maternal instinct, something she not only uses with family but with just about everyone she runs in to. However, verbal teasing is usually reserved for only the closest of family and friends, and the highest courtesy is presented to everyone else unless something else is more deserved. She has a habit of giving without taking into consideration her own well-being.
Dislikes: (will be added later)

Abilities: Excellent intuition, ice-based magic, extreme optimism (still tweaking)

History: Otomeza had grown up in a loving home, one that nurtured the children with the utmost care and devoted everything to the family itself. The girl was shielded from the horrors of everyday life on the streets of Gaia, knowing only her parents and sister, Ryuuza, as the world. Life went well, although slightly boring, for the draconic clan -- at least as far as the sisters knew. Their parents had a hard time shielding the two of them from the difficulties they endured when being labeled as "demons," but tried their best to bring them up to be chivalrous, despite others' reactions to them.

The two children always got concerned when her parents came home battered and bruised, something that could be difficult to do against dragon scales. They tried to reassure them that nothing was wrong and not to worry, but this didn't help soothe Ryu's outlook. Otomeza couldn't help but obey, being the submissive yet carefree spirit that she was, and tried to lighten her older sister's worries.

The Ekibyougami clan always had it hard, as many Gaians did, but that didn't stunt the two sisters in caring. They went their separate ways as adults, Otomeza wanting to lead as normal a life as possible and raise a family, and Ryuuza becoming the protector of those in need. Neither of them ever sees herself as something special, but rather what she hopes is inside everyone else.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:53 am
The Concept Art

All concept art will consist of only references for Iridian and (possibly) Otomeza, for hopefully obvious reasons.

-User Image-
A color reference, mainly for Iridian's unusual markings (flatcolored). Some features, I realized, aren't all that visible -- mainly his blind eye, rib stripes, and tail stripes -- but it's a good first reference.

-User Image-
A second color reference, this time to display some of the markings and features of Iridian that couldn't be seen in the first color concept.

-Iridian Pencil Sketch 1-
A quick sketch to display some of Iridian's basic features, and to play with some ideas. Most of the general concept for him will remain consistent to this picture.

-Iridian Pencil Sketch 2-
Another quick sketch, this time to get the general idea down of Iridian's clothing. First draft; some things are bound to change, but again the concept will remain relatively the same.

-User Image-
Uhh... yeah, I made as close of a reference as I could with pre-existing Gaia items. Just because I could.

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:55 am
The Funds

First off, I'm keeping all the funds for these two on my mule account, Water Wanderer. If, by some off-chance, you feel the need to donate, that's where it would be sent. XD

Funds will be updated approximately every 100k.

COMPLETE!

( I decided to go broke for this quest. XD )

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:00 pm
Reserved

May put something here. I was thinking of offering art for gold toward the quest, but I'm fairly busy lately. That, and I don't even know if I'm allowed to here. We'll see. o:

If, by any chance, you'd like to see further examples of my art... Nina's guardian, Ephron, has a nice little picture I did up for his profile post. :3

Other than that, I've now gotten all the posts up that I am going to need! Comments/questions/suggestions/etc are now welcome~ <3

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

The Filing Cabinet

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces