Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Studying Woes (Liliana/Sydney) FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syusaki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:02 pm
Sydney hunched over her math textbook. She stared at it silently, the red-orange strands of her hair obscuring her face from view. Her notebook parked on one half of the notebook she incessantly tapped the eraser end of her pencil against the binder paper. Eyes were glued to the numbers that ran across the pages of her book, attempting to piece together all the formulas and explanations laid out before her.

Another few seconds of silence and keeping her gaze glued to the book before letting out a frustrated groan and tearing away her eyes, numbers beginning to jumble her vision. “God dammit. Math has got to be my worst subject, or something. Or maybe this chapter is just screwing me up,” she whined as she leaned back in her chair. Craning her neck to look at her study buddy with pleading eyes, Sydney inquired, “Help me with these permutations?”

She pushed herself forward and scooted the chair to face Lilliana. “I am utterly clueless with today’s homework. I need helppppp!” Sydney declared and hopped onto the other girl’s bed, materials in her hands. She crossed her legs, playfully swinging her body back and forth as she eagerly waited for her friend’s assistance. “Why you like studying, I shall never know!” she later added with a roll of her eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:32 am
Lily laughed lightly, before getting gathering her supply and plopping down on her bed. She immediately went about straightening the cover around the two girl, but looked up at Sydney's statement forgetting it for the moment.

"I like studying, yes, that is true. However, it is because I want good grades and college options. Math isn't my strong suit either, you know that Sydney."

She leaned over and looked over the other girls book noticing that she was just a bit behind her. "Oh that one, she said pointing. That ones not to bad. At least they did not use letter like," she pointed to one further down the page, "this one."

She looked down to her own notes and gave a smile. "It's asking how many ways you can pick three scarves from a draw, right? It wants the equation, yes?"

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Syusaki

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:19 pm
Sydney rolled her eyes. “Oh Liliana, what a studious student you are!” she proclaimed, dramatically throwing her head off to the side and straightening her back, placing her hand over her heart. “My parents can only pray that I’ll be half as industrious as you.”

Grinning, she sighed and lazily stretched her arms, gently leaning back until she collapsed against an array of pillows. She draped herself over the bed, or as much as she could. Even if Sydney crammed her head against the bedpost, her legs still hung over the edge, being too tall and scrawny for her own good. “Math may not be your best subject, but I do believe that you’re better at it than I. It’s so difficult for me to maintain this B-average of mine,” she pointed, shooting back up into a sitting position.

She glanced over to the problem that Lily was pointing to and shuddered, the sensation of icy water running down her back. “Egads. I’m not going to look forward to doing that problem,” Sydney muttered, hugging herself.

Reluctantly getting back to business, she nodded her head and scooted closer to the smaller girl. “Yes, and yes,” she answered, “But how do we get the equation?”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:37 pm
"Sydney," she laughed lightly, "I am sure your parents are quite happy with your grades. I mean there are students in the class who are failing. Neither of us, will be doing any such thing."

Lily smiled and lay her book down beside Sydney, in favor of a her spiral and a mechanical pencil. "Look her," she said writing down the a 3.

"You have three scarves in a draw and you want to pull them all out. So you want to pick three thing, three way."

She made a few more notes and pointed to them, "The formula for the permutation to take three different things three at a time is 3(superscript)P3(subscript)."

She wrote a few more numbers out and grinned pointing at each one. "That means you have to multiply three time two time one because you can pick the first scarf three way, the second two way and the last one way. Just multiply them together and you have your answer. Six."

Lily handed over her notebook to Sydney to look at what she had written.

Quote:

12. 3 scarves, 3 at a time
3P3 = 3 * 2 * 1
3P3 = 6 * 1
3P3 = 6

"Does that make sense," she asked softly hoping she explained it well, before looking to the two questions that were left.  

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Syusaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:07 pm
Sydney stubbornly huffed. “I guess, but my parents want me to get uber high grades!” She raised her arms and tensely curled her fingers, irritated and poised to choke the nearest thing—which happened to be a smiling teddy bear. It was a rather comical site, a tall, gangly teacher strangling her stuffed animal out of petty frustration. Luckily, she quickly cooled down and decided to lie flat on the bed instead of sitting cross legged while hunched over her book.

Propping her elbows, she cupped her face with her hands while dully staring at the numbers and scribbles that Lily made on the worksheet. “Yeah, okay.” She absentmindedly nodded her head along to the other girl’s explanation. However, once she asked Sydney if she had understood the explanation she paused her nodding to stare at the math.

“Oh. OH. OOOOH! Yeah, yeah I do,” she affirmed after a brief pause, magically conjuring a pencil (that had been not-so-secretly hidden by her textbook) so that she could hastily scribble in the answer as well as work on the next problem. “Awesome. I think I can do these next few problems then.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:02 am
Lily laughed at Sydney's statement, "I bet your parents just know you are smart enough to get those A's. You want them to otherwise we would be watching movies or doing karaoke in the lounge downstairs."

Lily raised an eyebrow at the choked teddy, but said nothing simply opting for placing the teddy back where it had been when Sydney released it.

Lily was not entire sure Sydney was listening or if she even understood, but it hadn't stopped her explanation. She nearly laughed when Sydney loudly proclaimed her understanding and pulled a pencil out so fast Lily didn't notice where it had come from.

Lily turned back to her own book to finish off the last few problems. When they were done, she would check their work, then it was on to the next subject. Lily actually wanted to finish early today. She had gotten a new movie that would be fun to watch in the lounge downstairs.

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Syusaki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:29 pm
“Ooooh. How incredibly perceptive of you,” Sydney replied, partly joking and partly impressed with the observation. She had always told herself that maintaining a B average was perfectly fine, but then why would she be constantly fussing over her homework whenever she worked on it? Perhaps she cared more about academics than she thought.

Frowning, she pushed the idea back into the recesses of her mind. Sydney could ponder that later, right now was time to finish her math! She basked in the relaxing silence as her mind calculated and formulated. It was always so much easier to work with no sound, huh? She noted, though remained a firm lover of noises and music and shouts.

Hastily scribbling the answer on the last math problem, she slapped down her pencil and pushed herself up. “Okay! I think we can call done, yes? I’m sure I can work on the other subjects later,” declared the redhead, clearly fed up with working on school for so long. Her brain was about to break.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:13 pm
Lily looked to Sydney at her pencils sudden break to their silence. She nearly laughed at the girl's exclamation and was about protest, but Sydney seemed a bit frustrated.

"Yes, I think we deserve a break," she saif slipping of the bed and returning her books to her desk. She turned to Sydney and gave her a large grin.

"We should head down to the lounge. My sister brought home 'Wanted' and 'Eagle Eye' the other day. She said they were really popular. We could have some ice cream and watch one."
Lily had many movies down in the theater, but for the most part she rarely watched them. Sydney could really have picked 50 movies and Lily would not have seen any of them. The girl spent far to much time doing everything else and being so not a teenager.

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Syusaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:59 pm
Sydney grinned back at Lily. “Now that’s what I’m talking about!” she cheered, bouncing off the bed. “Wanted? Eagle Eye?” she repeated, reaching over to gleefully close her textbook and slip her materials back into her backpack that was colorfully decorated with markers. “I haven’t seen those yet, so I suppose now will be a good time!”

She beamed broadly, leaning forward to grab onto one of Lily’s wrist. “It’ssss movie time!” she brightly declared and excitedly dragged the other girl down into the lounge. “Movie time movie time movie time~”

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games