Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:08 pm
User Image

It was a nice enough day for Vuvi to try and find herself a nice place to lie down in the sun and warm her body for a while. Jeraha wasn't going to need her to look after the kids today- not that she really could anymore, anyway.

They were much too big for her to be of any use now. It was always so much easier when kids were little! Good thing this litter was a lot smaller than the first one.

That had been a new version of hell.

Finding herself a nice rock to lie down on, she heaved a snakey sigh, closing her eyes for a bit of a nap.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:35 am
User Image

Jino knew there was some trouble going on in the area, he was already being more alert and had Kina doing the same. He wasn't so arrogant to think they would be safe just because he could see them staying safe, you still had to actively try to accomplish it. Jino in particular had his fair share of arrogance because of what he knew, could know and could do but he was smart enough to know the part they played in their own fate. Another credit he gave himself, really.

Kinagiri was off for a walk on her own, something she enjoyed doing, and so Jino had wandered away on his own. He had no particular goal in mind for his free afternoon but when he heard a sigh, he was immediately interested. It did sound distinctly snake-like, and he definitely didn't see enough other snakes around. He lifted his head up out of the grass, looking around before attempting to summon up an image of the nearby stranger. His vision was just enough to point him in the right direction and then he saw her. He hesitated a moment before deciding it would be worthwhile to approach her, then he slithered closer.

"Pardon me," he hissed in a friendly tone, trying to find a polite way to strike up conversation.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Vuvi hadn’t seen the other snake approach, too busy thinking about how good she looked lying on that rock as she was. Hopefully not too good, though, as she didn’t want to end up as some kind of snake for a larger animal. Really, that wasn’t much of a pressing concern for her in general. Most animals liked to avoid eating snakes if they had any choice in the matter.

But there wasn’t always a choice. Should something very hungry wander by, she was quite exposed there on the rock.

Which was why she let out a sharp hiss when she heard someone beside him, raising her head up quickly to make herself look bigger and much more threatening. She relaxed again, though, when she noticed it wasn’t a threat after all, but another snake. It had been some time since the last time he’d spoken to a snake. A male one at that.

“Oh,” she said, letting out a breath, “you startled me! Why don’t you be a bit more loud when you come up to someone? Could have given me a heart attack, you know. Who are you? If you want my rock, you’re going to have to ask very nicely for it.” She smiled at that, sinking against the stone again.

He didn’t seem like a bad snake- not a terribly ugly one, either.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:53 pm
"My apologies," he answered, slithering closer and lifting himself up so he could get a better look at her and remain in a polite conversational position, it wouldn't be comfortable to look way up or down.

"My name is Jino," he introduced himself, "I didn't mean to startle you, of course. It'd be easier to make a ruckus if I was a lion but I'm not." He chuckled at the smile he got, relaxing himself a bit as she settled back down. He was being quite forward but he was genuinely happy and trying to be friendly.

"I'm not here to steal your rock, though perhaps we could share," he suggested.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:14 pm
“That’s fine,” she said carefully, eyeing him a moment longer before finally deciding to forgive him from making her jump, “I expect it not to happen again, however, or I won’t forgive you a second time.” She smiled softly again, her words sharper than her mood really needed them to be, watching him as he moved closer to her. There was no real need for her to stay cross with him when it had been more her fault than his.

Probably should have been keeping an eye out.

“My name is Vuvi,” she replied, “and if you want to share my rock, I suppose I won’t stop you. But don’t push me off! I think this is the best rock in the rogue lands for sun bathing.” Probably no better than any other rock, but eh, whatever. She liked the position and the amount of sun she got on top of it.

"Do you live around here?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:37 pm
Jino grinned at her remark about not letting it happen again, deciding he definitely liked her. It was more interesting than anybody particularly meek and she wasn't being particularly aggressive, either. Of course, he also had the unfair advantage of knowing more about her than he let on.

"I don't live around here," he said, slithering up to the top of the rock and positioning himself comfortably where he wasn't likely to push her off or touch her at all-- though he was arguably within her personal space.

"I travel with a lioness, she's not the best of company but traveling with a lion has its uses."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:17 pm
“I know what you mean,” Vuvi replied, “I live with a lion and his family. He is a very strong male, so I like to keep him around, even if he doesn’t always make the best company. Sometimes I think he would rather just ignore the world than engage in any kind of conversation.” She would have shrugged her shoulders, had she any to lift. It was a little annoying, actually, to have someone around for so long and not know if he even cared at all.

But that was Jeraha. She wasn’t going to complain about how he was after years of staying by his side. She knew, on a deeper level than speech, that he cared a good deal about her.

Rightly so: she was amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:34 pm
"Ah, my lion is a female but she is something of a fortune teller so it keeps things interesting, whether or not you believe it," he said with a small grin. It was partly the truth, she was a seer and it did keep it interesting.. but he also played a part in it as well. And entertainment and exploiting her ability, as well as using his own, were reasons he had joined her in the first place. He'd never admit that he was fond of her, though.

"But if I wanted to talk about lions I'd be back listening to her whine, tell me about you," he suggested, sounding and lookign quite interested.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:13 pm
“Hm, I don’t,” the female replied rather sharply, offering a slight shake of her head at the thought of fortune telling. It was something that seemed interesting to her, but not enough so that she would openly admit it. Knowing what was to happen to you in the future? That was kind of cool, it a really intimidating kind of way.

Something you kind of wanted to know, but kind of didn’t just in case something bad lurked just around the corner.

“About me?” She smiled faintly, “I suppose there’s not much to tell about me. I met Jeraha when I was young and haven’t spent much time from his side. Before that, I was content to slither around on my own, keeping away from everyone else. I don’t really see much need for interaction, you see. No one really… interested me.” They weren’t good enough for her, more like.

“I suppose you must have a more interesting story, with telling fortunes.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:48 pm
With the knowledge of this snake's future already in his awareness, Jino found a little more amusement in her response to fortune-telling than he might have without it. It probably was for the better, anyway. The way he had seen things working out.. well, it wouldn't really matter if he tried to warn her anyway. It wasn't her own fault.

"Kina happened to be just about the most interesting thing I'd run into, that's why I stuck with her," he said, with a motion best compared to a shrug, "Whether or not you believe in it, she believes it- and it had her quite mixed up when I found her, and it makes it more believable to the creatures we meet. Who are themselves often rather entertaining."

The white lioness who spoke to butterflies and wanted to be blue stuck out in his mind- and the orange one who had ultimately led him this way.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:58 pm
She listened, completely unaware of what lied ahead in her future. Probably how it was supposed to be, really, though perhaps her ghost would see things a bit different. Might be a bit bitter in the after life that she hadn’t been warned.

Not that these things can even be altered with notice.

Thoughtful a moment, she let out a low hiss of a sigh, resting herself against the warm rock. “That’s the important thing, I suppose,” she said, “your Kina believing in it. I don’t have any intention of spoiling it for her, anyway, you have my word in that. But you make it sound like a con the way you talk about making it believable to other creatures! Do you really believe in it yourself, or do you just go along with it for her sake?” She gave him a critical eye, looking him over as though it would help her make a decision about his position on it all.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:38 am
"Oh, some of the things she sees are quite convincing but I don't think she could claim to know it all," he said, grinning, "Assuming it is true, I don't like to discount the role we play in our own fate. You could argue about interfering or not interfering ultimately causing it to happen, but I'm not sure I see it that way. If Kinagiri foresaw a murder in the area but did not see it happening to either of us, I would not take it as a good enough reason to wander like there is no danger."

His answer was confident but also very honest. They did know a vicious lion was in the area but they also knew they were safe- but that did not mean Jino would let them act like they were invincible. To him it meant if they were careful and used their heads, they could stay safe.

"I suppose my opinion of it could support the idea of it being a con, but we rarely go out of our way to cause trouble, sometimes we just offer things someone wants or needs to hear."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas