Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[REG] This should be easy :: Tony x Amelia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:54 am
Amelia didn’t particularly want to do volunteer hours, she much rather be playing L4D2 or WoW, but her guidance counselor told her that volunteer hours looked good on transfer papers so here she was at the library. Out of all her options the library seemed the easiest. Shelving books and such didn’t seem like that much of a hassle, and it was during the day and inside which made it less likely one of those monster youma things would appear. The thought of youma made her finger the snowman necklace she now wore everywhere. It had been a gift from Justine last Christmas, but she hadn’t started actually wearing it until after that horrible night in the park. The snowman reminded her of her senshi form and reminded her of what she was fighting for. She used to think the senshi were crazy, and sometimes she still did, but she had a personal reason to fight now. She’d seen alien’s head chewed off by a crazy youma arm, and other things she really didn’t want to remember.

Shaking her head, she felt her ponytail brush the back of her neck and she sighed. She needed to stop thinking of her second life and get inside the library. Taking a deep breath she reached out pushing the doors open and stepping inside. It was Tuesday at four pm which she guessed was a low point in the library’s schedule since it seemed nearly empty. There were a couple people milling about the shelves, but most the tables were surrounded by empty seats.

The raven-haired girl tugged at her t-shirt (it was blue and had a carton of milk and a cookie holding hands declaring their love for each other) and then headed over to the front desk. She leaned against it looking around. She had spoken to a Mr. Darrow on the phone to set up what time she should come in to volunteer, but she didn’t know what he looked like. She didn’t really spend much time in the public library. Actually, she didn’t even think she had a library card. She almost felt like a traitor volunteering and not having one.

”Mr. Darrow?” She spoke just loudly enough to be heard in the immediate vicinity and not disturb the rest of the people in the library.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:27 pm
There was supposed to be a new volunteer starting at the library that day. Tony liked it when new kids came in to do some honest work, though most of the time it was either against their will, a form of community service, or it was for their college applications in an effort to make them look better. There were a couple out of the bunch that came through each year, though, that seemed to just honestly like books, or like serving people.

Tony didn't really mind the reasons: he just liked the help.

Particularly now, with his arm in this sling. The doctor had been very strict with him about keeping it on, and though Tony was pretty sure his doctor would never know, he kept it on regardless. He liked to follow rules most of the time.

Peeking from behind a shelf in the back, he saw the girl just before she called for him, moving toward the desk with a friendly smile. He waved, indicating that he was the Mr. Darrow she was looking for.

"Hello there!" He greeted, "are you the student coming to help out? We're always glad to have volunteers here. Hopefully it's not too boring for you." He knew the reputation the library had, after all. It was supposed to be boring. The goatee-ed librarian tilted his head at her, chuckling.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:46 pm
It took Amelia a moment but then she spotted him, and she returned his wave out of habit. She smiled back at him, he looked friendly enough. She was half expecting some crotchety old lady that would yell at her for not having a good enough work ethic. Clearly Amelia watched too much tv. She was surprised by his arm being in a sling, was working in the library really that dangerous? Maybe a book case had fallen on him. At that image she had to stifle a laugh, it wasn't funny in the least but she was imagining it cartoon style, with flailing arms and everything.

His question snapped her out of the looping cartoon in her head and she nodded. "Yeah, I think I talked to you on the phone? I'm Amelia." She held out her right hand to shake hands. "Luckily I don't get bored too easily. And by the looks of your arm things can't be too boring around this place." She smiled, laughing a bit.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:01 pm
"Ah, good! The last three girls I asked that were very offended at the implication of working in a library," he teased, shaking his head slowly. Of course, there hadn't been three other girls but that was beside the point. He was just trying to make a good first impression.

He was the funny, easy going librarian guy! Kind of. Not really funny.

"Anthony Darrow," he affirmed, since he had introduced himself on the phone. He reached his hand out and shook hers firmly, grinning. He appreciated that she hadn't led with her left hand, as that would have been a bit difficult for him.

"Well, this actually happened in the parking lot, but it was pretty close. And we did have some book shelves fall over and knock each other over... and then nearly kill a girl. So yes, it does get a bit hectic around here, but I'm sure you'll adjust."

The irony was, he wasn't actually joking at that point. Still, he didn't indicate if he was or not by his expression.

"So! Shall I give you a tour first, or would you like to figure out some library tasks you'd like to do and dive right in?"

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:42 am
Amelia smiled, she was nonplussed about working in a library. She needed the volunteer hours to get into DCU and the library was easy enough. After they shook hands hers went into her pockets, but she kept her relaxed look. "Oh, well I'll definitely be careful in the parking lot." She chuckled, but then her eyebrow arched as he described the accident with the shelves. "And I'll be careful around the shelves too." Her laugh this time was a bit less casual and a bit nervous. She didn't want to get crushed by library shelves.

At his offer of a tour the relaxed smile was back. "A tour would be great! I haven't really spent much time in the library before." She shrugged a bit, she didn't really have a reason too, she had a computer at home. The Google could find anything.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:52 pm
The librarian nodded, smiling. He was glad to get more help, and from someone who actually seemed eager to be there. Or at least who didn't mind. Sometimes when kids came in for volunteer work they seemed... less than thrilled, and certainly didn't give off the impression that they wanted to be wasting their time there.

He motioned for her to follow him, leaving the front desk for someone else to watch while he made to show her around. The first stops were, of course, all on the first floor. He showed her the computer areas for public use, the technology center where there were a number of TV's and DVD/VCR decks for people to watch movies. The racks for all the available DVD and VHS tapes for checking out were in that area as well. In the back, down a hall, was the reference section. This was the area that had fallen over. There was also the children's alcove on the first floor, which was very kid friendly. Second and third floor were the general books, organized by the library of congress method.

He would give her a run down on that when she needed one. For now, he was just showing her where everything was. Periodicals, government documents, the bathrooms, loading dock and mail room, then down to the front desk again to show her the area back there. The work room, mail boxes, the return box and computers, his desk, reserve shelves, and even where all the carts were kept.

"I don't expect you to remember everything, of course," he chuckled, once the tour was finally over and they were back at the front desk, "but that's basically the run down."

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:11 pm
Amelia followed the librarian around the library, trying to remember where everything was. It was pretty simple really, computers, books, some movies. Not too much stuff to mess up. She had a feeling she’d probably just end up restocking shelves anyway. What else was there to do in a library? Looking around the front desk she nodded, she think she had everything sorted out.

She smiled at him, her hands slipping into her pockets. ”I think I remember most of it, I’ll probably have to walk around some more to really get it.” She shrugged a bit, ”It seems pretty simple overall.” Reaching out she offered a hand to shake, ”Thanks for showing me around.” She wondered if she was supposed to do anything else today. How long was she supposed to stay? An hour a day, two? She had never actually asked.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:56 pm
Tony looked at her, nodding his head. He smiled brightly, as always, his aura naturally warm and welcoming. Though, it seemed to be amped up at the moment, as he was genuinely pleased to have her helping him out around the library.

He could always do with volunteers. That had not been a lie. Nor had anything else he told her, but that was besides the point.

Taking a breath, he cast a look around, wondering if he had left anything out. Certainly he had, no one could learn the library within such a short period of time, but he hadn't expected her to anyway. He smiled.

"Well, you're very welcome. Ah. As I said, remember to be wary of the vending machines down here. Or, rather, the one that holds the snacks. I am fairly certain it is possessed. You'd be better just throwing your money at it than trying to get something out of it, but that's your discretion." He grinned teasingly, though he meant it.

That thing was evil.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:45 pm
Amelia laughed and nodded when he spoke of the vending machine. "I'll be sure to remember that, I wouldn't want to lose a hand or anything." Her hands went into her pockets and she glanced around for a moment.

There was an awkward pause before she spoke again. "So, how long am I supposed to stay?" It wasn't like the librarian wasn't good company, Amelia just wasn't sure how long she had to stay.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:17 am
Tony smiled jovially, nodding his head. He hadn't been kidding, of course: the vending machine was evil, and a constant source of vexation to him. From refusing to give any food, spitting out the wrong number, to eating money or giving incorrect change, the machine never simply worked like it was supposed to.

It had a mind of its own, surely.

"Oh, you don't have to stay now. I think the tour was a good start? You can come back the day after tomorrow to actually start, if that's alright with you? Things are slow today, and I don't think you'd get much out of sticking around. It would just be better to come back during the busier hours and dive right in."

He nodded his head, as if agreeing with his own decision.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces