Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Quoth the Raven, "this is my book." (Tony, Syd, Ele) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thefancycakes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:36 pm
Public libraries had three things Elegancia detested: dust, germs, and the general public. Back home, she wouldn't find any of them, atleast, not if the hired help wanted to keep their jobs, she wouldn't. The reason Elegancia found herself in such a filthy situation was because of her literature class-- she was required to read several stories by Edgar Allan Poe-- and Crystal had checked all of their copies of his Collections out. She really did not want to purchase the works of a drunkard, either, so she decided to stop by and get out as quickly as possible.

Elegancia stopped in the entrance dramatically, feeling as though everyone would want to get a glimpse of her flawless beauty. She proceeded to strut towards the front desk, walking past several people waiting in line during the process. "Excuse me, Sir," Elegancia said to a bearded man at the counter, "but I need you to bring me a book by Edgar Allan Poe. Please, and thank you." She crossed her arms and waited for the man to do so.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:28 pm
Tony was working behind the Circ desk, as per usual. He was going through old accounts in the system and deleting the expired patrons, ones who did not renew their subscriptions or had canceled but had not been removed from the computer. It was tedious work, but what wasn't in this place? He liked it all the same, or maybe because it was so repetitive and simple.

Mindless.

He glanced up when someone came up to the desk, standing from his chair as was customary for him. He offered her a kind smile and listened to her request. Puzzled, he shook his head. "Which one, miss?" he asked politely, reacting to the air she was giving off cautiously. She struck him as a bit entitled, or something like that, at first glance. "He's written a few. Are you doing an assignment? I can get you some Collected Works, if that's what you're looking for."

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Syusaki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:47 pm
She didn’t like doing reports. She never did, but who did? Perhaps the type of students that thrived off of working and studying, but that was certainly not the kind of student that Sydney Martin was. She was, at least, the kind of student to reserve a book before hand so that she could complete her report without any worries of “OhmyGodIdon’thaveabook!

The redhead approached the building called Destiny City Central Library. Coming to a slow halt, she slid off her skateboard and swept it up in one smooth motion. She held the solid black board in one arm while the other reached up to undo the strap of her helmet. Sydney’s expression turned contemplative as she trudged up the steps. Were skateboards even allowed in the library? She had no idea, but was going to pretend they were allowed.

Stepping through the door, Sydney shot a brief look at the line that was collecting at the front desk. Nervously glancing at the librarian, she slinked towards the end of the line, hoping that he wasn’t someone strict enough to kick her out for her gear.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:03 pm
"Yes, yes," Elegancia said flatly, "a Collection of his works would be perfect." She sighed impatiently and glanced at the line behind her. "You might want to hurry, too," she added, "because I'm sure you don't want to keep these people waiting." Not usually one to actually go out of her way to help (especially if other people were willing), Elegancia would have been perfectly content having the rugged librarian fetch the book for her.

"To expedite things, maybe you could..." She was going to offer to get it herself, but re-analyzed the situation, and continued, "ask someone in line to fetch it for me? Or maybe another librarian?" Elegancia often failed to realize that public places were meant for the public, not just herself.

A red-haired girl trudged in rather strangely, as if she didn't want to be there-- she had a skateboard, too, so Elegancia assumed she was some sort of hoodlum. "How detestable," she thought.  

thefancycakes

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:16 pm
Tony looked a bit baffled by the suggestion that he ask one of the other patrons to go and fetch the book for her. He frowned, wondering if she was confused. Usually he looked up a book, wrote down the call number and then handed it off to the person so they could go off and find it for themselves. Generally they did not expect him to go and do it for them, since that was how libraries tended to work.

Blinking, he considered the situation.

"W-well, let me ah, write this down for you..." he ventured, looking at the screen again. He was surprised to see the book in question was listed as 'ask at circulation', which meant it was in the holds for some reason. Not remembering that he had put that same book on hold for another student, one Sydney Martin, he went to fetch it.

Returning, he offered Elegancia a smile, "were you the student that reserved it earlier? Ah.... Sydney, I believe? I seem to have it on hold, conveniently enough, though without a slip in it. Do you have your library card?" Sometimes student workers, the newer ones, had a habit of taking the slips out of hold books when putting them on the shelves, which really did nothing for Tony but further complicate his day. And he was paying them for this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:17 pm
She ignored the odd stares and glances she received upon entering the library. The librarian had yet to notice and kick her out because of her skateboard (which was surprising, as Sydney was an unusual height of five-foot-eleven) and that was the important part. Sydney mindlessly fidgeted, constantly shifting her weight from one leg to the other. She didn’t want to be held prisoner in this dull, dreary place for long. Some people may enjoy the silent company of books, but Sydney enjoyed the atmosphere of outdoors instead. If this could be over with as soon as possible, that would be great.

Hearing her name spoken up front, she straightened up and curiously looked around. “Did someone call my name?” inquired Sydney. “Ah!” Spotting the familiar cover in the man’s hands, she strolled up and pointed to the book. “You already got out the book I reserved? Awesome!” She turned towards the brunette and pursed her lips. “Is there a problem?” she asked in a softer voice.

Syusaki

thefancycakes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:50 pm
"Yes, I believe there may be a problem," Elegancia started, "because I was here first." Nevermind that this girl of amazon-sized proportions had reserved her book-- Elegancia took time out of her luxurious day to stop by this humdrum place for a book, and she intended to get that book. "Tell her, Mr. Librarian! I was here first, was I not?" Elegancia crossed her arms in disapproval, and continued, "Besides, really, this girl doesn't even look like she can read at a grade three level." Who was he going to pick: an amazonian hipster trollop, or a sophisticated, well-to-do young lady such as herself?  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:21 am
Tony blinked and looked between the girls. Oh dear. Shaking his head slowly, he put the book down on the counter, keeping his hand on it so neither of them reached for it. He frowned thoughtfully, finding himself in a tough spot.

Technically, Sydney had the right to the book, since she had it on reserve. But he had made the mistake of assuming this girl was that Sydney, which clearly was wrong, so now he had to deal with the guilt of telling her she could have it. He shook his head slowly, checking the system for a similar copy.

"I'm sorry, miss," he said to Elegancia, when she voiced her thought on the matter, "but it doesn't work like that. She did reserve the book, I... i just thought you were her. We have a collection of some of Poe's works, or you could check out the stories individually..."

Some how he didn't think she would like either idea. This was the best copy for a student to use, because it pretty much contained everything they might need in one convenient place. He had said so much to Sydney when she put it on reserve.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Syusaki

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:53 pm
Sydney threw the brunette a blank look. Pardon? She was there first? But Sydney had reserved the book, which meant that it should be hers. It was the logical decision, was it not? “Yes, but I put it on hold first, which means that I have more right to have it than you,” she explained, looking confused.

“E-Excuse me? Third grade?” Appall written all over her freckled face, she began to scowl and furrow her eyebrows. She did not like this girl. She did not like this girl at all. Sydney may not get straight A’s, but she consistently received B’s. That did not qualify as stupid at all! “Are you sure you’re not referring to yourself?” she shot back, crossing her arms and stepping forward to loom over her.

Breathing a sigh of relief, she briefly waved at the librarian. “See? I’m sorry that there isn’t another copy of the book and such, but I’m sure there are other options for you to make use of,” reassured Sydney.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:48 pm
No, no, just. No. Elegancia was not pleased to hear any of this, or to hear Sydney open her mouth. "I've heard enough," she said to Sydney, "I don't refer to myself unless mentioning my vast beauty. Or wealth." She flipped her hair haughtily and looked over the librarian. Not happy that she had made time out of her day to come down to a public library for nothing, she was about ready to make a scene.

"Well, Mr. Librarian," Elegancia started, "I'm willing to part with the book that you offered me if you go and collect every single poem he's written. I don't care how many books it takes, I want them. It's your job to do these things, is it not?" She looked over at Sydney, and continued, "it's too bad this amazon is hogging that book to herself. All of this could have been avoided if she would just give me that book. It's not like she could understand the contents within it, anyways." Elegancia, obviously, was not happy.  

thefancycakes

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:48 am
Tony watched the scene, feeling very much like he had wandered into a realistic 3-D movie, and he was not actually meant to participate. The two girls were snapping at each other, and that didn't bode well. A fight between the two was the last thing the librarian wanted today.

Or ever, really.

Blinking at the response from the first girl, whose name he still didn't know, he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. It was like watching two fighters in a parking lot mocking each other before they came to blows. Her ultimatum to fix the issue did not really make Tony's day, though, and he shook his head.

"I don't think you... quite understand how many..." looking at her, though, he could see that she did. He could also easily see himself giving in and going to get those books, as well as carrying them for her like some kind of servant. She had the air about her for it, at least.

"Okay, okay, let's ease off the name calling and teasing for a minute, or you're leaving here with no books at all. I'll help you find suitable replacements, but since Sydney here did put it on reserve I will check this book out to her now." He held his hand out to Sydney, indicating he wanted her library card.

He was out of patience, and didn't think all this antagonism was getting them anywhere. He watched the other girl, putting his foot down a bit and hoping she didn't explode because of it.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:08 pm
Sydney rolled her eyes at the smaller brunette. “I don’t think you’re that pretty,” she mumbled, though she admittedly envied the nameless girl. She was a freckled redhead with gangly limbs and an atrocious style in clothes (tomboy, anyone?). Sydney didn’t have much of a problem with her appearance, but when beauty was brought up, she started to get a smidge self-conscious. Well, at least I’m taller!

She went bug-eyed. When were these tall insults going to cease? “The universe doesn’t revolve around you, if you haven’t noticed already,” retorted Sydney, “and you’re not the only one that has to write a report! You have poor sportsmanship.”

As the librarian spoke her face lit up with gratitude. Thank you. “Oh yes!” Her free hand rummaged around the pockets of her shorts, finally sliding out a gleaming card from her back pockets. “Here you go,” Sydney chirped as she handed it to the adult. She was tempted to immaturely stick her tongue out at the other girl, but decided that wasn’t the best course of action to take at the moment.

Syusaki

thefancycakes

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:06 pm
Luckily for Sydney and all those in the surrounding area, Elegancia did not hear the "you're not that pretty" remark, because if she had, well... She was capable of increasing her snob output by at least eight times. It was a good day, so maybe even a little more than that.

"Oh, but that's where you're wrong," Elegancia spat in Sydney's direction, "if one has plentiful amounts of money, the world has a tendency to revolve around you."

She watched as Sydney pulled out this "library card," and wondered why she didn't have one. Was it similar to a credit card? "How do I sign up for one of those," she inquired, "or, do I even qualify for one? Or is it something my father would have to do?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Tony cringed as the girls continued to bicker, wondering if he could just put up his 'out to lunch' sign and wander away. That would be rude, wouldn't? Just to up and walk out of a conversation when he decided he no longer wanted to deal with it. Only it wasn't that, he just wasn't sure he could deal with it, without making it worse due to awkwardness or some other kind of failure on his part.

He had been the one to start this mess, after all.

Tony took the card and scanned it easily into the machine, just sliding it through a sensor and handing it back to Sydney. He made to check out the book, stamp it and desensitize it, bent over to do the last bit when he heard the other girl speak.

Glancing up at her, he looked puzzled.

"You came to the library to check out books, but you don't have a library card?" He was still holding on to the book he was supposed to be checking out to Sydney, his mind abstracted for a moment. He cleared his throat, "you simple have to fill in a form, and you need a credit card for your account in case of fines. But ah, it's fairly simple. I can help you with that..."

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Syusaki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:16 pm
Wow. It seemed that a certain someone was raised to be arrogant and self-centered. But how could the tomboy the powerful effects of having substantial amounts of money? Scowling, Sydney mumbled, “But is being the center of the universe really a good thing?” She happened to enjoy basking in the spotlight from time to time herself, but sometimes slinking in the shadows was beneficial. But what’s the use of trying to explain something like that to her?

Sydney raised an eyebrow at the brunette. “Do you not go out often, or something?” Or maybe you’re only familiar with fancy shops and restaurants, she sourly thought.

“Thank you,” she muttered, swiftly taking the book into her arms and turning her gaze to the other girl.

She should have left right then and there, but . . .

Maybe that girl would ask another funny question.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff