Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Official Fan Guild!

Back to Guilds

Death Note guild for all lovers of Death Note! 

Tags: Death Note, Kira, L Lawliet, Wammy House, Anime 

Reply Death Note Guild Main Forums
DEATH NOTE MOVIE REMAKE (US) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Max-banged-your-Mum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:29 am
I did some research and found out that there is gonna be a new Death Note movie made in the USA, This time the story will follow the manga, but the director wants to make it a Horror movie and Zac Efron will probably be the main character.... I was happy when i found out that there is gonna be a new movie but everybody should know that Death Note is a psychological manga and not a Horror manga.

Tell me what you guys think about it! biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:19 am
What I think? I think Zac Efron sucks! mad But I hate Light, so it should be appropriate.
I will be happy if they get Elijah Wood to be L biggrin He's a great actor!  

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Sienna_fire13
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:49 pm
Clover_IceQueen
What I think? I think Zac Efron sucks! mad But I hate Light, so it should be appropriate.
I will be happy if they get Elijah Wood to be L biggrin He's a great actor!

OMG!! YES!!!! Elijah Wood would be so cool/funny! man i almost forgot about him sweatdrop
Zac should die from his lungs exploding... -_-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 pm
Max-banged-your-Mum
I did some research and found out that there is gonna be a new Death Note movie made in the USA, This time the story will follow the manga, but the director wants to make it a Horror movie and Zac Efron will probably be the main character.... I was happy when i found out that there is gonna be a new movie but everybody should know that Death Note is a psychological manga and not a Horror manga.

Tell me what you guys think about it! biggrin

Haha, it IS a horror Manga Amirite?
heh, the chances of Zac Efron actually BEING Light are very low, thats just Our Assumptions razz  

WammyHouseWhore
Crew

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100

Max-banged-your-Mum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:16 pm
Hmm yea i ope he will get to play L... and nope if you have read all the mangas you should have noticed they ARE NOT horror XD, anyways so if you don't want Zac to act in the movie sign this Petition if you want to wink http://www.petitiononline.com/apple88/petition.html Its just that i wouldn't take the movie serious if he would act in it  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:40 pm
Zac doesn't seem like the kind of guy who could play a seriouse boy geniuse. He's too hyper most of the time and doesn;t have the right mind set but I guess we will see won't we? I wonder though about the Shinigami because most american based films really suck when they try and copy Manga sand... Yes Death Note is NOT Horrer.  

DeathNotes-M-chan
Crew

WammyHouseWhore
Crew

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:32 pm
Max-banged-your-Mum
Hmm yea i ope he will get to play L... and nope if you have read all the mangas you should have noticed they ARE NOT horror XD, anyways so if you don't want Zac to act in the movie sign this Petition if you want to wink http://www.petitiononline.com/apple88/petition.html Its just that i wouldn't take the movie serious if he would act in it

Haha~ Ive already signed it biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:52 am
why does the US have to make their own death note movie? they're going to ruin death note for me! Has anyone seen the "dragonball" movie that was made in US a while back? it sucked. i may not be a fan of Dragonball Z, but I know a lot of people liked it, and that live-action US movie killed it for a lot of my friends. it saddens me to know i may go through the same thing.  

Lord Xikem

zuzehhx

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:04 am
@Above: I agree completely. Why do they have to ruin it? Why can't they just leave it alone? There was already a Japanese movie.

Also, just because Zac Effron looks like Light doesn't mean he's going to definitely get the role. It hasn't even been announced yet... I'm betting that Zac won't get it. Especially if it's going to be a horror film.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:33 pm
NO!!!!!! D:<  

prity bird

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:39 pm
I've never seen Zac in High School Musical so my opinion of him isn't tainted by that. He was great in Hairspray and 17 Again so I think he might be able to pull it off. As for America remaking it: I am preparing for doomsday (and I'm an American myself). And if M. Night directs it I am going to pull a massive BB. (only I would probably get caught right away seeing as I'm not nearly as smart as he is sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:46 pm
I still vote Elijah Wood for L 3nodding  

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

TheNewLibrarian
Vice Captain

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:50 pm
I signed the petition. I can't believe that 13,258 people agree that Zac should not be Light! That's amazing!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:43 pm
Putting Zac Efron in a movie is horror. The guy can't act period. Now I know some of you don't like Light, but Zac Efron's presence would bring unwanted fangirls to the DN universe. Just look at the Twilight feasco- Anime should be left anime.  

AKILEY

Faraam Knight

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:34 pm
no zac effron liked another said before me he doesnt have the right mindset as well as the america ruining everything i mean look at the mortal combat movie it was pure bull and the devil may cry series is going to be ruined by america because they want him to wear all black and look Emo to attract the "fans" honestly i could just watch the Dub of the movie sure the acting isnt the best but since Light is asian i dont think a giant wimpy singer like zac effron is going to fit into it  
Death Note Guild Main Forums

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff