Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [News Flash!]_______Official News about Conventions, Releases
Otakuthon 2010 (Canada)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you usually go to events like these?(Post reason why or why not!)
  Yes! Because...
  No! Because...
View Results

Mage_Almasy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:23 pm
First off, hello!
I've read the "before posting" post so I hope I get everything into order on the first try!

This is basically to inform you guys of an upcoming convention going on in montreal this summer!

What: Otakuthon 2010 Festival d'Anime/ Anime Convention

When: Friday, August 13, 2010 (5:00 pm - 5:00 am)
Saturday, August 14, 2010 (9:00 am - 5:00 am)
Sunday, August 15, 2010 (9:00 am - 5:00 pm)
(Registration dates may be found online at the official page posted bellow)

Q:Will there be any yaoi related events?
A: From what I've read, yes! A yaoithon is to take place! Link for the yaoithon page !

Q:Tables or sales for anime related items?
A: Yes ! Tables are offered and prices are up on the website.

Q: Aside from sales tables, anything else?
A: Yes! Please follow the link to see the list of events prepared : Event Page Information

Q:Where is this official website anyway!?
A: Here! Otakuthon Convention! (Available both in french & English)

Q:Will you be going?
A: If I can find a few artists who are willing to share the price of a table to sell charms---yeah xD if not I'll probably just pass by!

That pretty much covers every thing I wanted to share with everybody here in the guild! I do hope I covered the important points that are a must, according to the first post!

If there is a mistake, or information missing, please let me know either by posting here or pm.
Same thing goes if you have any more questions and don't get a reply from me fast enough in the forum, just pm me xD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:28 pm
What made me want to try getting a table this year?
xD Because my friend thought my hand made charms were cute and offered to sell some of them at her, now ex, boyfriend's Anime store!

I thought, by themselves they're pretty simple and wouldn't stand a chance againts those other factory made charms D<
But then I thought of a way to add a certain charm to them, mini swarovski crystals! =O rofl

Sounded like a good idea---except I felt uncomfortable going back to see her ex. Now that my friend is out of the picture, he might just change his mind Dx  

Mage_Almasy

Mage_Almasy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:31 pm
As for my poll question: Do you usually go to events like these?
Not really, I went to the very first otaku here in Montreal and was disappointed because I had missed all the main events. (Plus all the good stuff were already sold! Dx)
But uh--that's what happens when you get there towards the end of the day. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:56 pm
A whole division just for yaoi? That sounds so awesome. Too bad I live on the other side of the country.

Good luck selling your charms, though. Do you have any pictures of them? They sound cute!  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
[News Flash!]_______Official News about Conventions, Releases

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items