Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Ever find yourself looking around.. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mimiqui

Fluffy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:43 pm
User Image

Online for cosplays, since you fail horribly at sewing?

I'm looking online for some cosplay, and I came across Cosplay Magic.

Has anyone ordered from this site?
I'm scared that I'll end up spending money, then no costume is sent. gonk

Are there any sites I should be aware of? What about your most preferred sites?

Have you ever had any online scams?

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:46 pm
I've bought from them and know people who have too, but I find that they're overly expensive and like to shop elsewhere. I would actually recommend ordering from cosplayhouse.com .

Do you know what cosplay you had in mind?

salsaplant

GO

mimiqui

Fluffy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:55 pm
User Image

Thank you, I'll check the site out! heart

I'm actually interested in Sango, from InuYasha. (*Shot multiple times for the idea of it*)
I love the one on Cosplay Magic, but maybe I can find one for cheaper....Since I'm on a tight budget.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:06 pm
I've bought from them as well. They are expensive and be carefull on buying wigs there (<-- found out the hard way). I also recommened CosplayFU.com. They aren't too expensive and have good quality costumes. But you WILL want to buy bigger than you think and order way in advance (<-- also learned by trying).  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

mimiqui

Fluffy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:15 pm
User Image

I don't intend on buying wigs. They're hard to take care of if you don't have the correct supplies. gonk

I'll also look at that site too, so far..I like what I see.
*Sigh* I don't see any Sango on there, shame. :c

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:18 pm
Here's some options  

salsaplant

GO

mimiqui

Fluffy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:22 pm
User Image

Thank you for helping me, seriously. @_@;

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:24 pm
I've used a lot of Costumes from Cosplay Magic. They're good quality, but yeah, rather pricy... and the prices are based on popularity too it seems (how else would you explain nearly Identical Bleach Captain Cosplays having HIGHLY varying prices)

3 major complaints are
-Most lack pockets.
-Prices.
-Lack of certain characters.

So yeah. Hunt around other sites too for better prices. And poke some of your friends and ask if they can sew, see if they can't help you out.  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

mimiqui

Fluffy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:46 pm
Glacirus
I've used a lot of Costumes from Cosplay Magic. They're good quality, but yeah, rather pricy... and the prices are based on popularity too it seems (how else would you explain nearly Identical Bleach Captain Cosplays having HIGHLY varying prices)

3 major complaints are
-Most lack pockets.
-Prices.
-Lack of certain characters.

So yeah. Hunt around other sites too for better prices. And poke some of your friends and ask if they can sew, see if they can't help you out.
User Image

I'm not worried about Pockets really. If anything, I can just stuff money/stuff in my bra! 8D Hey, it works.

Prices are one thing, but heck; This cosplay, I've had my eye on. But I can't decide if I should go for it or not. It looks so neat, and high quality. gonk
Have you been happy with what you ordered from the site?

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:52 pm
95% satisfied. Pockets aside, the shoes I got with my Orochimaru cosplay fell apart on the first wearing. Guess prolonged walking and my bad habit of dragging my feet from being L for a while was too much strain. The bottom treads began to separate from the rest of the rubber ^^;;  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

mimiqui

Fluffy Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:59 pm
User Image

I'll probably end up just buying from them then, since I can't seem to find any other's that I'm very pleased with... gonk ;

I fell in love with the first link that was given to me, but I do NOT have the type of body for that costume. *Sighs and bites fist*

When ordering, should I go up one size?

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:57 pm
I've bought a cosplay from a site once. Actually, I wound up making business cards for them and was a spokes person/model at the con I wore the cosplay to. See, I am epic fail at sewing as well, so I either throw crap together from a thrift store and hope it looks good, commission a seamstress where I live, or order online.
The one place I recommend, and the place I was a model for is:

http://qqcosplay.com/

They do some fine work and even take commissions if they don't already have the cosplay you want in stock. They also have some pretty decent prices. Worth a look for sure.  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Sir Crepe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:32 pm
I do that all the time.
But I am broke.

:<
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:45 pm
Cosplaymagic.com is good. I ordered a costume from them and I got exactly what I paid for, though some of their stuff can be kind of low quality so you really have to take a good look at the pictures before you buy.

Other good sites to check out are:

http://www.hellocosplay.com/
http://www.milanoo.com/
http://www.mooncostumes.com/
http://www.xeno-designs.com/ (they will also take commissions, and do very good work)
http://www.etsy.com/ (this site isn't cosplay specific, but good for finding accessories and such)

And of course eBay is always a good place to look, especially for wigs.  

KittytheSheGeek

Wealthy Ladykiller

8,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

amanogawatea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:10 pm
I have never ordered from them.
However I DO recommend Cosplayhouse.com! Fast shipping, and the Teto Kasane costume I got is super awesome quality!

Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff