Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Asian Entertainment & Culture Discussion
Asian Dramas Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:05 pm
Well I am sure that most people here know that some are based off of Anime or Manga. Whether they are Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese or Chinese. I would like 2 know which 1s u watch.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:07 pm
I recently have really been into Chuno A.K.A. The Slave Hunters. I watch it on T.V. every week I missed the 1st few episodes. So I might start watching it on the net.
I have also watched the 1st episode of Hana Yori Dango and a few random episodes of Hana Kimi.

*yes I am a straight Dude (I just felt the need 2 type that)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Glow in the Bark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:35 pm
Hana Yori Dango and Princess Princess sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:37 pm
Dino Stickers
Hana Yori Dango and Princess Princess sweatdrop
waht is princess princess about? I have already seen parts of Hana Yori (will be finishing it later). F4!  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:03 pm
PrincessPrincess is about a boy who transfers to an all boy's school and begins to notice some 'odd' traditions the school has. He comes to realize that in order to keep up school morale and school spirit, a couple of the 'pretty boys' are chosen to crossdress and cheer on school sports, help host/be a part of school assemblies, and just keep the boy's happy :3
As ghey as it sounds, there is no real shounen-ai/yaoi in it, just a lot of funny "HIME-SAMA! GRACE US WITH YOUR SMILE!!!!" *Princess smiles* "Yaaaaaaaaaay~! <3333 *nosebleed*" sort of deal. It's really cute and really funny *watches it too*

I also love Wallflower (Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge), which was originally an anime. It's about 4 pretty boys who have to transform their rich tenant's niece into a lady, or else they're rent is tripled and/or they're kicked out of the house... Only problem is that the niece is a creepy girl who loves horror and blood and guts and things like that xP It's really funny <3

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:47 am
I didn't know that they came out with a Princess Princess Drama scream
oh my gosh awesomeness imma have to watch it now heart

One of my favorite Dramas' is Gokusen I've seen all three seasons, though I still need to watch the movie and some of the specials
K master you should try watching Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge I think you'll like it  

harukokun

4,750 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:37 pm
salsababy2889
PrincessPrincess is about a boy who transfers to an all boy's school and begins to notice some 'odd' traditions the school has. He comes to realize that in order to keep up school morale and school spirit, a couple of the 'pretty boys' are chosen to crossdress and cheer on school sports, help host/be a part of school assemblies, and just keep the boy's happy :3
As ghey as it sounds, there is no real shounen-ai/yaoi in it, just a lot of funny "HIME-SAMA! GRACE US WITH YOUR SMILE!!!!" *Princess smiles* "Yaaaaaaaaaay~! <3333 *nosebleed*" sort of deal. It's really cute and really funny *watches it too*

I also love Wallflower (Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge), which was originally an anime. It's about 4 pretty boys who have to transform their rich tenant's niece into a lady, or else they're rent is tripled and/or they're kicked out of the house... Only problem is that the niece is a creepy girl who loves horror and blood and guts and things like that xP It's really funny <3
I have seen that anime, well at least parts of it with my sister. And like the 1st episode of the drama, I like how they lure the girl out with gore movie items. I might try and watch princess princess, after I get the review from my sister LOL  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:38 pm
harukokun
I didn't know that they came out with a Princess Princess Drama scream
oh my gosh awesomeness imma have to watch it now heart

One of my favorite Dramas' is Gokusen I've seen all three seasons, though I still need to watch the movie and some of the specials
K master you should try watching Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge I think you'll like it
I have seen some of Yamato well some of it, the 1st ep of the drama and some random anime episodes of it.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Spartan1024

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:17 pm
The first J-Drama I watched was called Life. And I absolutely love it.
I want to watch The Beautiful Days, though...

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:25 pm
So I finished watching Chuno about 2 weeks ago on T.V. that thing was awesome and the ending was sad.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Roxy-bear1216

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:30 pm
My first drama was Zettai Kareshi(Absolute Boyfriend).
Then it was the Death Note Movies.
Then it was Antique Bakery.
NANA.
Honey and Clover.
And now I'm starting to watch RH Plus
^^

Zettai Kareshi is my fav though. Makes me cry no matter how many times I watch it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:20 pm
Roxy-bear1216
NANA.
Honey and Clover.
^^

Zettai Kareshi is my fav though. Makes me cry no matter how many times I watch it sweatdrop
Did u know that there might be an American version of the Death Note Live Action movies? (Basically a remake)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

harukokun

4,750 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:26 pm
K master of flames
Roxy-bear1216
NANA.
Honey and Clover.
^^

Did u know that there might be an American version of the Death Note Live Action movies? (Basically a remake)

yea I heard about that too
i just hope they don't pick crap actors to be the characters  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:23 pm
harukokun
K master of flames
Roxy-bear1216
NANA.
Honey and Clover.
^^

yea I heard about that too
i just hope they don't pick crap actors to be the characters
well u might be upset with what ppl were thinking about. (Disney ppl)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Kuyukyu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:10 am
There is simillar topic...

* Hana Tori Dango - well ending with wedding killed me.
* Kimi Wa Petto - sweet. Nice done comparing to manga.
* Gokusen - 1 season was great. 2nd was ok. 3rd was too much for me so I passed.
* Zettai Kareshi - different than manga but funny and nice done.
* Hana Kimi - I love manga and Sano. Drama was less interesting. Only Nakatsu saves it.
* Sailor Moon - Power Rangers in skirts and plush Luna. Good if you're depressed. If not - be prepared to have your brain killed.
*Death Note - Lol Light... Ryuuk was sweet, L was great as always but I'm still not convinced to it. I like manga the most.
* Detective Conan - Lol. Ran had weird face and this are only 2 episodes out of place. Wth. I'm too tired to watch all anime (how many episodes? 700?) or read all manga @___@'

I just discovered Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge drama. WTH. Searching for Yattaman.

Koizora
- I started watching but main hero disturbs me and plot was...not for me.  
Asian Entertainment & Culture Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff