Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:17 pm
User Image

It was a dream that Dusk had had ever since he had been a child. It was a dream that became a possibility when he and his best friend, Aika, made plans to explore the world. It was a dream that was becoming real right now.

Dusk looked out onto the world this morning as if seeing it for the first time. It was dawn, the sun barely peeking above the horizon, it's golden rays giving the sky a pinkish hue. Heavy hooves fell silently as Dusk carefully made his way from his home. He didn't want to wake his mother after all, she wouldn't ever let him go.

It felt as though years had come to pass when he was finally far enough from his mother's home to break out into a run. And run he did, breaking into a gallop the second he knew his mother wouldn't be able to hear him. Today was the day he would see the world, and now there wasn't anyone that could stop him. All that was left was to find Aika.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:48 pm
User Image

Aika, like always, was up with the birds. Dawn had broken across the land and she was already up and having a lovely breakfast of spring fruit fresh from the local bushes and trees. She fluttered her little wings, shaking off the morning dew. She had left her mother to sleep, but then again, Lovelee knew her daughter was a wanderer, and that if she left somewhere, she'd always return. So things were ok. Aika frisked in the chill morning air, running as fast as she could go through the fields of long Spring grass. She'd always enjoyed the rush, and then! she flapped her wings faster and faster until she leaped into the air, her little wings buzzing, taking off into the open air as a little humming bird would, making a small humming sound as she zoomed by, startling birds and flying bugs. Life was beautiful. And she always found more things to admire.  

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 pm
It wasn't long before the faint silhouette of a soquili flying through the air caught the eye of Dusk. He knew at once that it was his dear friend, he knew no other blond haired soquili with a green coat that could fly. "Aika!" He called out as he drew closer, a soft smile spreading across his face as he slowed his pace to catch his breath. "You're up early!" He was glad she was actually; meant he didn't have to creep into her mothers home to wake her.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:49 pm
Aika heard her friend before he called out to her. She turned at the sound of hoof beats below and a smile spread across her face " DUSKY~!!" she rotated her little wings backward slowed until she landed, a little out of breath as she trotted up to him cheeping. " I am up early, birds you know~!!"
She chuckled " and YOU'RE up early too~!!" she was happy to see him, friends in the morning, certainly a welcome sight. " Did you have breakfast? i still have some fruit left" she beamed at him.

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:25 pm
"Oh no.. No time to eat..." Dusk said quiet seriously with a nod. "The world is waiting to be explored, and I'm not going to make it wait another minute." He explained with a smile. His stomach interjected though, giving a large rumble as it voiced it's protest. He flattened his ears against his skull before giving Aika a sheepish smile. "On the other hand, some food sounds nice."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:47 pm
Aika stared at him for a second, her lavender eyes wide before bursting into a musical batch of laughter " oh~!! haha, Dusky, you're silly~ we'll get to the adventure, but take care of that grumpy tummy first~!! hehe~" She trotted over to a little mountain of apples and early peaches. She looked over her shoulder and chirped at him " eat what you'd like Dusky, then we'll head out~i got them myself so they're fresh." She fluttered her little wings " these come in handy sometimes~"  

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:43 pm
"I dont think my belly cares about freshness, it just wants to be filled and fruit is a treat for it. Not quite tall enough to reach most fruit and I will never go near berries again..." He shuddered in remembrance if his braids getting stuck in in the thorny grasp of the berry bush. "For the most part I usually eat grass and flowers with a sugar cube every once in a while when mother visits the two legger."

With that Dusk made his way over to the pile of fruit, scarfing down an apple or two before licking the juices from his lips and turning beck to Aika. "Thank you, by the way... They are very good."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:09 pm
Aika smiled as she watched him scarf down the food, fruit was nice for breakfast, and it definitely had more sugar than grass. Sugar seemed necessary for her, it gave her more energy when flying, it lasted longer. She had started to zone out a bit with thinking when she heared him speak, she refocused and chirped " oh, i'm glad you liked them" she grinned "So where are we gonna go Dusky?" she buzzed her little wings and finished off another peach " anywhere and everywhere? which direction?" she seemed very eager, spring had sprung and there were places to be~!! things to see~!!  

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:18 pm
"I've heard that the mountains are best visited during summer, so..." Dusk paused for a moment, thinking of all the places his mother had told him about. For the life of him he could not understand why his mother decided to stay put in a single place. Sure having him and his siblings must have changed her life, but she could have still traveled with them. Oh well... One place though in particular stuck out in his mind; a place his mother had described with such passion he could almost imagine the scent of salt in the wind and sand beneath his hooves. "How about we go and see the sea first? We have the whole world to explore, but we have to start somewhere! Not to mention all the things we may see on our way there!"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 pm
Aika licked the remainder of the peach from her lips and raisede an eyebrow as she watched his thought process. Then he spoke, the beach~!! " Ohhh, the sea~!!" she chirped in meriment, having heard many tales of the sea from her mother and her friends. There were all sorts of different folk there too, ones with long fish tails instead of hind hooves and little tiny ones no bigger than a hoof. " Oohhh, definitely~!!" She sniffed at the air and chirped up at a passing sparrow before looking back at him excitedly " he said to go that way~" she pointed a rosy hoof in that general direction. She wigged her nose " there should be looooots to see~!!" she giggled and with a little shake of her tail she shot off in the direction she'd mentioned " c'mon Dusky~!!  

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:51 pm
"Hey! Dusk said with surprise as he reared and watched his friend leave without him. "No Fair!" Snatching up an apple and tucking it in his mane the way his mothers friend Duncan did when he wanted to carry something and not loose it, Dusk set off after Aika. Lucky for him she wasn't flying yet, or he never would have caught up. As it was, he was galloping beside her in no time. "You think we'll actually be able to see those types of soquili?" he asked as they ran, though he did not look to Aika as he spoke. His gaze was searching the landscape before them, taking in every hill and tree in that he could find.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:04 pm
Aika charged ahead and warbled in a kind of birdlike laughter " oh definitely~!! we'll see all the kinds...well, hopefully all the nice kinds~!!" with their hooves and the clinking of her jewlery, they made a fine rhythm running over the hills and through the trees. It felt good to run like this, she had been so consumed with learning how her wings worked that she nearly forgot the joy of just...running. She kept her little wings pinned flat to her sides so the wind wouldn't delay her any. "I don't know how long it takes to get to the sea, do you?"  

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:40 pm
"Not a clue...." Dusk said with a smile as he inched over to and bumped shoulders with Aika. "But we'll make it there eventually..." He paused though, thinking on what Aika had said. "You know, what if we do end up running into some of the not so friendly soquili in the world?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:49 pm
Aika chirped in succession and giggled " i suppose we'll just keep running in the direction the birds tell us and we'll get there alright~" she eyed him for a second as they ran " well~ we'll run, and i can fly if i need to~" she smirked " my mom used to mouth off to Kalonas and such all the time, she's a tough cookie she is~" she laughed loudly in her own amusement, the sound very much like the ringing of tiny bells. " i'm sure we would figure out a way to avoid such folk Dusky~"  

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 pm
"A mare my mom talks to outran a Skinwalker once, but just because she was able to do it doesn't mean we'll be able to. I mean..." He paused in his speech, but not in his running. "What about kalonas? I know your mom mouthed off to them, but there are some nicer ones that think twice about killing. What if we meet one that doesn't. They can fly and run... What if they went after you first and hurt you so you couldn't fly away?" It was a horrible thing to think of, but it was logical. Dusk didnt know what he'd do if anything ever happened to his friend, and the thought of something possibly happening to her wings made it all the worse. His ears pressed flat against his skull and he looked to the ground at the thought.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff