Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Girl's Day Out [Vera / Janice / Ursula] [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:43 pm
Vera was waiting outside the mall. For Janice. She'd gotten a phone call earlier from a rather resigned sounding Janice, asking if Vera would please meet her at the mall. Confused was possibly the easiest way to describe how she'd felt afterwards; she'd agreed, of course, but felt as though there was something Janice wasn't telling her. And if it was anything like the other thing she'd not told Vera about....her hand rose up to rub at the spot on her chest where someone had once stuck their hand and rubbed at it gently for a moment before she noticed what she was doing and quickly stopped.

Before resuming the game of solitaire she'd been playing on her phone, Vera cast another look around the crowds milling about the entrances, trying to see if her friend had arrived yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:06 pm
Janice did not look happy.

Well, honestly, she rarely did show many outward signs of happiness, typically regarding the world around her with levels of disdain that would have given pause to Squidward Tentacles. But at a place like the mall she looked about as pleased about her situation as a tree frog that had suddenly been dropped into the Atacama Desert: aware that she was going to shrivel up and die if she stuck around here for too long. Vera had an easy time detecting the shifts in how thick her layers of unhappiness were, today they were at an alarmingly record high.

Why Janice would call Vera to summon her up to a place she obviously hated was completely beyond her, usually she was very selective about the places they went to; they would spend an hour scouring restaurants until they found a good one that wasn't too crowded. The only real possible explanations were that either this was some sort of weird Negaverse mission, or she had otherwise been dragged up here by someone else.

"Vera," she said, sounding quite world-worn, after weaving through the crowds to reach her friend -- and gave her a sudden, intense once-over, as if checking for signs of anything happening to the girl while she wasn't around to watch her. "Good, you made it. Ursula should be here in a minute, I think she got distracted looking at a jewelry display back there."

Ursula? She hadn't mentioned an Ursula...  

cibarium

Noob

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:39 pm
If there was one woman in the world who lived to shop, it was Ursula Killingworth.

To her, shopping was a sport. An art. An escape. A way to work off the one-too-many chocolate bunnies she'd consumed over the Easter weekend as she stayed at home with the flu.

For weeks now, Janice had fed her one excuse after another as to why she couldn't drop to spend time with her Queen. She and Vera had to do this. She and Vera had to do that. She needed to take Vera out because this needed to be done or that just had to be taken care of right away.

Well, Ursula was quite tired of Janice's this and that and had informed (or rather, ordered) her handmaiden to accompany her on another shopping excursion, insisting that her new playmate join them. For someone to have enthralled Janice so completely as Vera apparently had... well, Ursula was curious to meet such a person, corrupted senshi or not.

High heels clicked their way across the sidewalk as the older woman caught sight of her young companion. She'd spotted Janice on arrival at the mall, but had indeed found herself sidetracked by a gorgeous advertisement display for one of the various jewelry stores housed within the confines of the building. Catching her last few words as she approached the duo, she let out a small indignant huff before straightening up her flawless blouse.

"There's nothing wrong with looking, you know. After all, my birthday is coming up."

She simply wouldn't mention that 'coming up' referred to October.

Examining who could only be the infamous Vera, one hand fell to her hip as a smile slowly crossed her face. "So, Janny darling, would this happen to be the reason you never come to visit me anymore?"

Pause.

"She's cute. Size six, it looks like?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:06 pm
Vera was used to the seemingly odd amount of attention Janice would give her after any sort of seperation. They had a few classes seperate from each other, and meeting afterwards was always a check, as if something would have happened to her in the lower level math class she was enrolled in. So she endured the visual check silently, like she endured most everything. She didn't even say antyhing in greeting, simply nodding her head as acknowledgement. It was enough, for them.

She'd been about to ask about why they were here - who was Ursula - when the woman herself arrived, answering at least those questions. Vera looked her over quickly, filing away a few details; the wedding ring being perhaps the most important one. How had Jance met her? She looked...kind of familiar, actually. But Vera was certain she'd never seen Ursula before. That didn't mean much, though. Barren Pines had done a number on her memories. But - talking. Had to pay attention.

"Usually," she replied quietly, silently demanding some sort of explanation from Janice for all of this. Eventually.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm
"Ursula," the homely girl responded, pulling her gaze away from Vera and putting on a smile that was faker than the Christmas tree her parents had put up last year. "It's good to see you finally caught up. This is Vera, yes."

Janice really didn't mind Ursula, she was smart and fun to chat with. It was Ursula's shopping addiction she had a problem with, and just how long her shopping sprees could last. Hours upon hours and bloody hours and hours of carrying bags. Looking at shoes. Being prompted to gauge the older woman's apparent butt size in various dresses and outfits, carrying more bags -- and, worst of all, being forced to try on things that didn't suit her fashion sense. Ursula was always saying Janice should do more to "bring out her feminine side." Janice wondered when it would get through her head that she didn't really have one.

"So, are we going to dive right into the wonderful world of overpriced textiles, or did we want to stop by the food court or something first?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:29 am
"Shop and then snack, of course, you know the routine," she chided lightly, waving one hand at the girls before making her way into mall. There was nothing worse than being forced to hold onto a smoothie while browsing racks and stands and Janice had been forced to hear Ursula's complaint over this more than a few times. Both hands were required when it came to browsing, just as both of Janice's hands were required when it came to bag carrying. "But this shouldn't take too long, I'm only here for a few things."

Janice knew this meant an hour at minimum. It had only taken several outings to learn Ursula's code: "shouldn't take too long" meant she had a general idea of what she wanted and it would take roughly an hour or so to find it. "Only here for a bit" meant possibly two, depending on what sales were going on. "Might take a while" was the most dreaded response, implying that Janice would be losing at least three hours of her time.

Mr. Killingworth still believed "shouldn't take too long" meant that it wouldn't take too long. Mr. Killingworth was thankfully not forced along to shop with them today.

Waiting for the duo to catch up, Ursula moved to loop her arm with Vera's and lean in towards the redhead. It was probably for the best that her attention was focused on the new girl, less she'd seen Janice's reaction to Ursula laying a hand on her best friend.

"I think Janny would look lovely in something emerald but she gives me such a difficult time when it comes to trying on anything that comes close to a skirt. I keep telling her there's a world beyond suits and ties, but she's so terribly stubborn sometimes. What do you think, Vera?"

Eyes met with Vera's expectantly and Janice knew exactly what Ursula was up to.

It was time to test the new girl.

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 pm
There was an entire world of conversation going on around Vera that she simply Did Not Get. She blinked a little in surprise when Ursula looped their arms together - Janice never did anything like that. Actually, come to think of it, Vera couldn't even remember a time when they'd touched; a handshake, a hug, a high-five - nothing. They simply didn't do things like that. Apparently, other people did. Vera was busy contemplating this when Ursula sprung her question.

Glancing between a glowring Janice and an innocent looking Ursula for a moment, Vera sighed minutely. "I think she looks better in a suit," she said finally, siding with her friend. Not that she was aware of the sides in this conflict, only that Janice really did look better in a suit. Vera was the one who did well with dresses and skirts and girly things.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:14 pm
It really was a good thing Janice wasn't in Ursula's line of sight when she hooked her arm around Vera's: the girl bristled -- visibly, bristled -- at the touch, as if it were something more profoundly wrong and disturbing than a simple friendly gesture. Like the woman had broken some sort of social taboo with the act. Like Janice had to put a large amount of willpower into resisting the impulse to tear Ursula's arm back safely away from her companion.

It was all a perfectly reasonable way to react in Janice's book, though, because in Janice's book, no one touched Vera Valentine.

Nobody.

Not even the queen of the Negaverse.

Her eyes were still narrowed a little as the conversation about her wardrobe went on, but that was easy to write off as her being irritated that Ursula had chosen to make her fashion sense an object of their shopping trip, again. "I'm guessing what I think doesn't have anything to do with this discussion," she said, "and that I should fully expect to suddenly have amazing hips once you've finally found the right skirt for me."

Harrumph.  

cibarium

Noob

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:00 am
She stared at Vera as is she was judging the girl by her reaction. Finally, after an awkward moment of silence, Ursula shrugged. "I never said she didn't look good in a suit, I just think it'd be fun to try something different for a change!"

The Lieutenant's irritated tone was met by a dismissive hand wave.

"Oh Janny, where's your sense of adventure?"

Her head turned to stare at the other girl, her lip jutting out in a fake pout Janice had seen far too often when she disputed anything Ursula had to say. "I'm only trying to broaden your horizons. It's not like I'm asking you to burn your fedora."

Thankfully (at least for Janice's sanity), Ursula released her hold of the other girl and turned her attention towards her handmaiden, choosing to link arms with her instead, forcing them both forward at her own leisurely pace. "Hmmm. Maybe an emerald suit then - or maybe I could convince you into trying on a skirt or two if I found a vest to match? You can mix the two together, you know."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:49 pm
Vera had no idea how to respond to Ursula's statements, so she fell back on her normal behavior: say nothing. Watching Janice and the older woman interact was interesting, revealing a side of her friend that she'd never really seen before. It was still Janice, obviously, but Ursula seemed to draw out something different. It was....kind of fascinating, really. Maybe this would be more fun than she'd thought.

Abruptly set loose from Ursula's grasp, Vera seemed content to drift along behind the pair, a silent companion following a few steps back.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:05 pm
Arguably, Janice's 'sense of adventure' in the world of fashion was more intact than Ursula's given how she dressed on a regular basis: besides the crossdressing at any event that gave her an excuse to wear one of her collection of expensive suits, she spent her life outside school in ensembles that threatened to encroach on 'metrosexual' territory. Today she was wearing burgundy slacks and a necktie that looked like it had been made out of a Hawaiian shirt. It really didn't look half bad.

"I'll try a vest," she begrudgingly replied, "but you're pressing your luck with the skirt." She was serious -- when was Janice ever not trying to be serious, really -- but her glaring was stonier than a castle wall when she said that, her arms crossed and her long hair broodily falling around her face.

Thank god Ursula wasn't making Janice burn her fedora, though. She would have been utterly flipping her s**t.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:38 pm
"Atta girl, Janny. I knew I could count on you to try something different for a change."

Her grin was wide (it usually was when she thought she was getting her way) and she tugged on Janice's arm for good measure. Her other hand moved back, motioning the other girl to come forward. It simply wouldn't do to have a trailer in the group - not for a girl's day out!

Once the somber girl made her way forward (mindful to remain on the other side of Janice, less she find her arm commandeered again), Ursula's head poked around and she once again studied the newcomer. A moment later and they'd entered the mall, the trio's adventure merely beginning.

"So. Vera."

It was clear that Ursula was not satisfied with the duo's silence. If she wanted to be chatty, then the others were going to have to learn to make due as well. "Tell me how you and Janny ended up together! I never thought I'd be able to pry her away from her darling Franz, but it seems you've captured her attention - was it through school?"

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:03 pm
Even though she was now walking next to Janice, Vera was careful to keep her distance, making sure they wouldn't accidentally brush against each other. This was important, at least to Janice; Vera was utterly indifferent towards all the ways Janice avoided physical contact with her, and went along with all of it because it made the other girl less prone to flipping out.

Which, admittedly, she didn't do often. Most of the time, she just tensed up and didn't relax until there was suitable distance between them once more. If Vera had been the type to dwell on such things, this would have been highly suspicious.

"You could say that," she responded somewhat dryly. A hand reached up to brush some her hair back as she looked over at Ursula. How could she explain Barren Pines? Best not to try; she'd learned that people had varying reactions to the name of the school, and tended to treat her as some poor unfortunate once they learned she was a survivor of 'the organ ring'. "We're doing a large geology project together." That was one way of putting it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:51 am
Janice gave a grouchy, world-worn sigh, and allowed herself to be dragged. The electric whine of the automatic doors opening beckoned them inside, and the trio was hit with the wave of noise and color that came equipped with a busy shopping center. For some this was enthralling, and mood-brightening. Janice looked like there was an invisible storm cloud hovering over her head; she regarded the groups of schoolgirls chattering down the walkways with a disdainful wariness.

Just a couple of hours. Just a couple -- incredibly grating, exhaustive hours.

Going back home and taking a long nap was starting to become very appealing.

"You're probably heard of it," Janice quickly added, raising an eyebrow and regarding Ursula. "It's a pan-school project for a citywide competition. One of the people we're working on it with is a student from Hillworth, we're placing special focus on the mineral kunzite as the basis for our project." She gave a glance over to Vera, then looked back to Ursula, and then said, almost offhandedly: "But before all that, we met at Barren Pines. Vera's extremely talented."  

cibarium

Noob

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:40 am
One eyebrow rose at the mention of kunzite, the second following after with the mention of the youma-farming 'school'.

"You don't say...."

She was silent for a moment as she let the words sink in. Finally, she responded with a smile as she completely ignored the talk of science and pesky minerals.

"Did Janny ever tell you about how she had the leading role in Barren Pine's play?" Eyes glanced over at the window of Express - as the trio surprisingly passed by it. Perhaps Ursula was too focused on the conversation at hand? "I wrote the play, of course, but she was such a fantastic little star!"

Moving over to nudge her younger companion, Janice knew that if she didn't stop her now, there would be no end to the humiliating recollection of all the horribly embarrassing moments they'd shared during Nia.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff